NY Seven

NY Love

Jungkook walked—skipped—to the living room, barely manage to suppress his excitement when he thought of what was going to happen that day. He had woke up at 6 o’clock in the morning, going through his wardrobe in search of a perfect clothes to wear—it was not like he was going to impress anyone or anything (A/N yeah right).

Jungkook saw Jin sitting on the couch while talking with his phone. He narrowed his eyes a bit. This hyung was becoming too suspicious about his relationship with that someone. He always told Jungkook about his boyfriends and girlfriends in the past but these past few days; he was being too secretive which annoyed Jungkook to no end. He did not even drop any clue if he was dating some chap or chick this time!

Jungkook tapped the elder’s shoulder and cleared his throat, making the elder jumped, slightly startled.

“I will call you back.” Jin said before cutting off the line.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, see…too secretive.

Jin turned around to look at the younger and raised his eyebrow. “What?”

Jungkook huffed softly before twirling around, showing off his clothes. “Well, how do I look?”

Jin scanned him, up and down. The younger was wearing a long sleeve white knitted sweater with a no-sleeve black leather jacket. The black skinny jean that hugged his slender legs like a second skin made the outfit become more perfect. In short, Jungkook looked hot, too hot for his liking. He practically looked like a walking ! What if some ert, e jumped on him? Jin was not there to save his baby!

“You look okay.” Jin huffed, turning back around, crossing his arms. “You really need to be pretty for that fool…” Jin pursed his lips. What if that alien jumped on his dongsaeng? Oh god! He needs to put a chastity belt on Jungkook. Yeah, just to make sure the younger’s innocent keep intake. And maybe he should just throw away the key? That sounds good. Oh, what else he can do? He should find a book on how to keep your son’s innocence from dummies. And do a lot of researches on how to get rid of alien.

Jungkook pouted. “I’m at least needed to look pleasant right?”

“You do look pleasant.” Jin gritted, too pleasant for those erts out there, he thought.

Jungkook beamed brightly. “Cool!”

Jungkook knew that the elder still did not trust Taehyung since they barely knew him at all. But no harm is done, Jungkook thought. Taehyung was only going to show him around the New York. There was nothing bad about that, right?

“So…are you going out today?” Jungkook said as he sneaked on the couch and sat on the elder lap, blinking innocently at him.

Jin rolled his eyes. No matter how he wanted to be angry, Jungkook would show him those cute puppy look and effectively made him forgot about it. Even after all these years, he still was not immune to that look!

Jin wrapped his arms around the younger small waist and nodded his head. “Yeah~” He got a date today but Jungkook did not need to know that. Or, maybe he already knows.

Jungkook nodded back and rest his head on the elder’s broad shoulder.

Jin nuzzled his cheek on Jungkook’s fluffy soft hair. “What time he’s coming to get you?”

Jungkook carved a small smile, brushing the elder’s shoulder from invincible dust. “Ten.”

 Jin looked at his watch, there’s still one hour to go. And he got a date like in two hours. “Up, up~ I’m going to get ready for my date.” He said as he patted the younger’s bum.

Jungkook pouted and rolled to the other side of the couch. Jin grinned and disappeared inside his room, ignoring the younger’s curious look.

Jungkook stood up and looked outside the window, looking at the snow and smiled brightly. He walked back to the couch and sat, staring at the big picture of graphical skull in front of him before sighing in contentment. He could not wait to walk around the New York.

 

Jin put on his beanie and stepped out from his room. He closed the door behind him before walking to the living room and frown when he saw the younger was still here, sleeping on the couch. He looked at his watch just to make sure and saw it was already 12 at noon.

Jin shook the younger softly. “Why are you still here, Jungkook-ah?”

The younger blinked opened his eyes sleepily. When did he fell asleep? He sat up and yawned.

“Has he call, Kookie-ah?” Jin asked. Jungkook shook his head while looking at him with his cute sleepy eyes.

Jin frowned even further. “Want me to cancel my date? I can stay here with you.” How dare that alien did not show up!

Jungkook quickly shook his head.” No, it’s okay hyung. Just go.”

“Are you sure?” Jin frowned even further.

Jungkook nodded his head. He did not want to ruin Jin’s date.

“Yes, just go hyung. Have fun~” He waved his hands, smiling.

Jin sighed and ruffled the boy’s head. “Call me if you need anything, okay.” He said with concerned before walking away.

Jungkook sighed and rubbed his hand over his face. He looked out at the window, biting his lower lips. He should not feel disappointed but somehow he did. Why does it feel hurt? He thought, rubbing his chest.

 

+++

 

Hoseok stepped inside his apartment and saw Taehyung fast asleep on the couch. The cans and sneaks from the other night scattered around the couch and on the coffee table.

Hoseok grimaced slightly. “Why the hell my living room look likes a piggery?”

He walked to the couch and glared down at his friend. “Yah!”

He shoved the younger’s thigh with his leg. “You said you wanted to wake up early in the morning? Why the hell are you still sleeping? Wake up, pabo!” He said as he threw the pillow on Taehyung’s back. The younger whined. Hoseok sighed as he picked up all the cans.

Taehyung groaned and twisted around the couch, lying on his back. “What time is it?” He said sluggishly.

“It’s twelve already, wake up!” Hoseok said, annoyed.

Taehyung’s eyes shot open in shocked. “WHAT?”

, he’s late.

Like…really…really...late.

 

+++

 

Taehyung ran as fast as he could while cussing himself over and over again. How the hell did he manage to oversleep? Oh gosh! It was almost one o’clock in the afternoon. He was like three hours late and that was not cool at all. It would be a miracle if Jungkook could forgive him at all.

Taehyung stopped in front of the door, looking at it hesitantly. Should he knock or not? Yes? No? Yes? No? And why did he feel so damn nervous?! It was not the first time he was this late. All his other date did not mind him late as long as they got to get inside his pant but somehow with Jungkook, he felt different. He did not know why. Maybe because the kid looked too innocent but somehow mature in the same time. Or maybe because he did not want the younger look disappoint when Taehyung ruin his plan in New York. Or maybe because he just did not want the younger to think badly of him.

“Yeah…right. And see what you’ve done, pabo.” He muttered under his breath.

Taehyung took a deep breath and let go before gathering all his courage and knocked on the door.  The door opened after three knocked, revealing Jungkook, wearing a plain shirt and a short.

“Ji—” Jungkook smiled disappeared as soon as he saw who it was at the door.

Taehyung flinched under the younger’s glare.

“Hey…” He smiled uncertainly.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you want?” He said irritated.

“Come on, let’s go.” Taehyung said. He never apologize and never good at it. He only said what the first thing that came and he instantly knew it was a wrong thing to do since the younger look fuming.

Jungkook glared dagger at Taehyung. “You didn’t even have the tendency to apologize, do you?”

Taehyung rubbed the back of neck. “Listen, I overslept okay. I didn’t mean—”

Jungkook sighed and raised his palm to stop the elder. He just did not want to listen to any excuse. He just wanted to jump on his bed, bury himself in the blanket and cry until he sleeps. He did not why and he did not care why!  All of this was too confusing.

“It’s okay…I’m just not in the mood right now.” Jungkook muttered before closing the door.

“What? Wait Jungkook-ah!” The door slammed right in front of his face. Taehyung blinked confusedly and back away.

.

He rubbed his face while groaning. “I up…”

 

+++

 

Jungkook tossed around on the bed, hugging the pillow tightly while staring outside the window. He was not sulking or anything, no matter what Jin hyung said! It was the first time he felt this way and he did not know what to do. He was the type of person that easily forgave someone and Taehyung being late was nothing. Jin always late—giving the fact that he always with his lovers—but Jungkook always forgave the elder. But somehow, when it comes to Taehyung, he did not know what to do or what to feel.

Maybe he should help Jin hyung with his plan to track down the alien and kill him.

Or maybe report him to the NASA…

They would be glad to have a new alien specimen to probe around.

But, on the second thought…no…

Why he was being so worked up about this?

He sounds like a godforsaken teenage girl!

It was the first time he wanted to go out with someone—being an idol was hard you know when it comes to dating—and although it was not a real date—it is or not, he don’t know—but it feel good to walk around with someone other than your friends and family. And when Taehyung crushed that dream, he just shocked and the first thing he wanted to do is just to curl up in his bed, cry and sleep and it did not matter if he sounds like a girl.

Jungkook screamed in his pillow and ruffled his hair. “What the hell is wrong with me?”

He frowned and sat up straight on the bed. “I’m going crazy or what? I mean…I don’t know him that well…” He pinches his own cheek and yelped before pouting and rubbed the sore spot.

Jeon Jungkook…you seriously…

His phone suddenly vibrated, pulling him from his thought. He looked down at the unknown number before opening the message.

I’ll pickup Kookie tomorrow…promise

Unknowingly, Jungkook smiled at that.

Oh well, no use moping around too long, he thought as he save the number under Alien Hyung.

 

+++

 

Jin woke up to someone knocking on the front door repeatedly. Jin groaned and stood up before looking at the alarm clock and saw it was still 6:30 in the morning.

“Who the hell come this early?” He muttered angrily under his breath and forced himself to walk to the front door.

The stranger kept banging on the door that Jin afraid the door would somehow fall over. “I’m coming! I’m coming!” Jin shouted annoyed.

He opened the door and come face to face with a white plastic bag.

“Good morning, Jin hyung. Breakfast?” A somehow familiar voice said. Jin blinked confusedly.

 

Jungkook walked out of his room sleepily. He heard someone banging on the door, Jin’s voices and then quiet. He fell asleep again right after that. And now he woke up to voices chattering outside.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows confusedly at the sight of Jin hyung and Taehyung eating together at the dinner table. He rubbed his neck and stared at them.

Jin put down the yoghurt he was eating and looked at the younger, chuckling at the cute sight. “Good morning, Kookie-ah.”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, smiling amused. The younger bed hair was a messed, a cute kind of mess, plus his cute white oversized with rabbit ear hoodie almost made Taehyung wanted to crush the younger with a bear hug. Why the hell he had to be so cute in the morning?! It should be illegal to be that cute!

“You’re early.” Jungkook pouted, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

Taehyung grinned. “Well, I want to make up to you about yesterday. I’m….sorry okay. I really didn’t mean to oversleep yesterday. Today, I got here as soon as I woke up.” Well, more like he got Hoseok kicked him out of the bed but Jungkook did not need to know that.

Jungkook smiled gratefully and nodded. “I’ll go and take a shower first then.” He said and walked to his room.

Taehyung grinned like an idiot as he watched the younger. Shower? Jungkook? That sound ert in his mind. Oh hell, he’s a ert. He practically smacked his own face.

Jin rolled his eyes and continued to eat his yoghurt.

Taehyung looked at the elder in front of him curiously. “So, how long did you know him?” He asked out of curiosity. They both looked closed like they had known each other since like forever. Jin’s protectiveness toward the younger man was a giveaway. Jin almost killed him on the spot just now. But after he had reassured the elder that he had done a grave mistake and promise not to do it again—it took a lot of begging and a bit of beating up on Jin’s part—the elder let him inside the apartment.

Jin shrugged. “Well you know, freshmen year…He was kind of jovial.”

Taehyung nodded. Oh, not that long then. But still, the younger could bring out anyone protective stance around him.

“And maybe a little bit of too nice.”

Taehyung blinked.

“…more of a reason of why you shouldn’t take advantage of him.” Jin cocked an eyebrow at that, aiming at him.

Taehyung gulped down the cereal, almost choked on it. “Who? Me?”

Jin rolled his eyes. “Yes you. I’m on you. I know you think I’m a little too softy but let me tell you something though…” The elder glared at him.

“…if you ever think of hurting him…”

Taehyung gulped.

“…you take advantage of him…”

Taehyung swiftly shook his head.

“…you may never…walk again.” The elder threatened.

Taehyung eyes widened.

“And that’s for real.” Jin smiled eerily.

Taehyung almost choked on his cereal. Again.

“Oh...and another thing…”

Taehyung looked up from the bowl confusedly.

“…next time you bring something over here. You make sure you bring some decaffeinate coffee.”

Taehyung hide a smiled. Well somehow, the elder approved of him.

Well, for now.

 

+++

 

Taehyung and Jungkook went out after saying goodbye to Jin—and a lot of lecture of no touchy-touchy-rule thingy from Jin. After listening to Taehyung listing all the good places in New York, Jungkook decided that he wanted to visit the Central Park first. Taehyung that agreed with his choice simply took his hand—which surprised Jungkook and cursed himself for blushing—and dragged the younger to the Central Park, which took 15 minutes of walking from his rent apartment.

“Welcome to the world famous Central Park!” Taehyung cry out as he spread his arms.

Jungkook giggled lightly and looked around excitedly.

“Woah! It’s big!” Jungkook said, looking everywhere with his eyes wide opened.

Taehyung chuckled as he grabbed the younger’s wrist. What happen to no touch-touchy rule?

“Come on, let’s get in.” He said as he pulled Jungkook.

“We can?” Jungkook asked eagerly.

Taehyung laughed and ran inside the park with the younger behind him. “Of course we can, silly.”

Taehyung pulled Jungkook around the park. They walked around a bit, talking about random stuff, exchanging a little bit of information about them. Jungkook got to know that Taehyung was older than him by 2 years and had being living in New York since he was 17. When Jungkook asked him about his family, the elder simply answered that they were in Korea and promptly change the topic. Jungkook decided that he would bring up the topic later and start talking about his career as an idol and his family.

Taehyung listened to Jungkook as he talked. He did not mean to change the topic but he really did not like to talk about his past. He knew it was not fair on Jungkook’s part since the younger practically told him everything about himself. But maybe, someday he would tell everything too.

Jungkook told him that he started being a trainee at this entertainment company called Big Hit when he was only 12. He made a debut when he was 16 and become one of the famous idols in Korea and much to Taehyung’s amazement, the world. Well, the kid does have a good voice. It was sweet and soothing, and powerful at the same time. He knew, since he had listened to all songs inside Jungkook’s IPod but Jungkook did not need to know that. Jungkook has one older brother, Namjoon, which was also an idol known as Rap Monster—Taehyung laughed at that but stopped when Jungkook stomped on his feet—and they have a single album together. Taehyung realized the rapper in one of Jungkook’s song was his own hyung and he had to admit it, the brothers both sound harmony with each other.

They stopped at the ice-cream stall—Taehyung said they need to fight cold with cold, Jungkook only afraid they’re going to fall sick—before stopping to eat them at the Fountain Plaza. If not because of the cold, Jungkook might have jumped inside the water, he thought. He was tempted, really. If seeing a dog inside the water was anything to goes by. But still, that does not mean he could not splash the water at someone. Taehyung shuddered when he felt something cold splash against his neck. Jungkook laughed and ran away when Taehyung realized what it was. Taehyung threatened to throw him inside the fountain after he managed to catch the cheeky sod and carry him bridal style to the cold water. Jungkook only laughed and clung onto him tightly. Taehyung could not say he did not like that.

Jungkook decided to ride the carriages horse when Taehyung started whining about his legs. They ride around for awhile before stopping at the Tavern on the Green, which was one of the popular restaurants, according to Taehyung. They only looked around since Jungkook were not that hungry and started walking again.

Taehyung started humming to a song suddenly, breaking the comfortable silent around them.

“Wait, that’s my song!” Jungkook smiled brightly.

Taehyung smiled cheekily back. “I know. It’s the one that you fail miserably, right?”

Jungkook pouted and smacked the elder’s arm. It was his first song, his first attempt to write his own song. The song did not become that popular and he had a received a lot of critics about it. But oh well, that was before his debut and because of that he become a better song writer and a singer after that. 

“But yet, you still listen to that song….” Jungkook huffed, burying half of his face in his scarf.

Taehyung chuckled and ruffled Jungkook’s hair and ignored it when the younger tried to swat his hand away.

“Of course, we always remembered the worse thing—Ouch!”

Jungkook kicked him on the shin and stuck his tongue out before walking ahead.

Taehyung rubbed the sore spot while grinning like a lunatic.

“You a mean hyung…”

Taehyung sniggered quietly before wrapping his arm around the boy’s shoulder, taking him by surprise. He felt the younger tense slightly before unconsciously leaning against him, making him smile.

“But when I listen to it again and again…it was not that bad.”

Jungkook looked up at him, blushing lightly. Was it because of the cold or the compliment, Taehyung did not know. But he still liked to think it was because of him.

“Really?” Jungkook asked shyly.

“Yup!” Taehyung answered merrily.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung’s face for awhile before smiling gladly.

“Thanks.”

Taehyung that was too fascinated with the younger’s smile blinked repeatedly before nodding his head.

“M-My pleasure.”

 

            “So, do you still want to go ice skating?” Taehyung asked as they walked out from the Central Park.

Jungkook scrunched up his nose while shaking his head. “Nope, I’m hungry.”

“Hungry?” Taehyung thought for awhile. “Hmm…want to order some pizza?”

“Not pizza again!” Jungkook said exasperatedly.

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck as he stopped walking. “Ermm…alright then…”

Jungkook stopped beside him confusedly.

“I’ll cook.” He said.

Jungkook’s eyes widened. “Really?”

Taehyung nodded.

Jungkook looked at him like he had grown a second head.

“What?”

Jungkook shrugged. “Alright then.”

Taehyung smirked. “You’re not afraid?”

“Why do I need to be afraid? Does someone actually die when they eat your cooking?” Jungkook blinked.

Taehyung shrugged. “Well, not as bad as that. But there’s someone end up going to toilet everyday from food poisoning.” Taehyung grinned.

Jungkook fought back a smiled before shrugging and started walking again. “I can deal with that.”

Taehyung laughed and followed after Jungkook.

 

After they had bought all the necessary stuffs they need to cook, they walked back to Taehyung’s apartment with the elder carrying all the plastic bags. When Jungkook told him he could carry some of the bags, Taehyung only shook his head and said it was alright. But from the look on the elder’s face, Jungkook was not so sure.

Jungkook opened the door and stepped inside first and said hello when he saw Hoseok lying on the couch while reading a book. Hoseok answered back while his eyes still too engrossed reading the book when it suddenly struck him.

The sweet voice…

He shoots up straight and turned to look at the door, seeing Taehyung and Jungkook walking inside the living room.

“Jungkook-sshi, welcome, please have a sit!” He said as he pat on the couch beside him. Jungkook smiled and sat on the couch. Taehyung rolled his eyes at the elder’s reaction seeing his favorite idol.

“Why didn’t you say you’re coming?”

“Why would he?”

Hoseok ignored Taehyung in order to stare at Jungkook. “I would’ve tidy up the place.” Hoseok said as he looked at his place and blamed Taehyung for it.

“Help me with these, hyung.” Taehyung said as he dropped down the plastic bags on the floor.

Hoseok waved him away. “Go and do it yourself.” He said before turning back at Jungkook.

“Do you want to drink something, Jungkook-sshi?”

Jungkook giggled lightly before shaking his head.

Taehyung huffed and carried the bags again.

Hoseok realized something and stopped him. “Yah, that!” He pointed at the younger’s shoes and raised an eyebrow. Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked to the kitchen with his shoes just to annoy Hoseok. Hoseok glared at him, muttering something under his breath.

Jungkook blinked. “Oh…I need to take off my shoes...” He was going to take off his shoes when Hoseok stopped him.

“Oh no it’s okay, Jungkook-sshi. It’s cold here.”

Jungkook shrugged and smiled at the elder.

“You sure you don’t want anything to drink?” Hoseok asked again.

Jungkook nodded his head. “I’m sure.”

“How many days are you here?”

“Two weeks, today is my third days.” Jungkook answered.

Hoseok smiled as he nodded. “There must be a lot of places that you didn’t visit yet, right?”

Jungkook nodded. “Yeah, but Taehyung hyung brought me to the Central Park earlier.”

“Oh, did he?” Hoseok raised an eyebrow. That did not sound like the Taehyung he knew. The Taehyung he knew did not care about a mere stranger. Hoseok shrugged and pushed the thought aside.

“V, come here.” Hoseok called out for his friend.

Taehyung walked out from the kitchen. “What?”

Hoseok grinned and pulled out his phone and handed it to his flat mate. “Take a picture of me with Jungkook.” Hoseok move closer to Jungkook.

“Weirdo…” Taehyung muttered under his breath as he took the phone.

“I want to put it up on Instagram.” Hoseok said excitedly.

Jungkook smiled amused and posed with Hoseok doing a heart shaped with their fingers.

Taehyung counted to three and said smiled before handing back the phone to Hoseok. “Done, now come with me, we have some cooking to do.” He said as he pulled the front of the elder’s shirt and dragged the protesting fan boy to the kitchen.

Jungkook laughed softly at their antics.

“Wait for me Jungkook-sshi! I’ll be back!!” Hoseok yelled out while being dragged.

Jungkook waved at him while chuckling. When they both disappeared inside the kitchen, Jungkook looked around the apartment curiously while taking off his jacket and put it aside neatly. He stood up and walked around for awhile, looking at the books on the shelves.

 

Taehyung stood behind the chair that was currently occupied by Hoseok. He tapped his foot impatiently with his arms crossed.

“How long do we have to wait? The oil is boiling, hyung!”

Hoseok cut the kimchi carefully, putting all his concentration on it.

“Are you sure we can cook by today? I think we’re not! Let’s just cook tomorrow shall we?!” Taehyung grumbled. The elder was cutting the kimchi like it was some kind of an art to be carved perfectly. Seriously! It was not like Jungkook would saw it if Hoseok somehow manage to cut it wrong!

“Patient!” Hoseok said as he kept cutting the kimchi. Taehyung groaned and turned back to the stove, slowing down the fire.

“Hey.” Jungkook walked inside the kitchen and leaned against the counter near the stove, watching the two men struggling to cook something.

“Need help?”

Taehyung and Hoseok shook their heads.

“Nah, we’re good.” Taehyung said as he focuses on stirring something inside the pot.

Jungkook looked inside the pot and smiled.

“Is that curry?”

Taehyung grinned.

“How do you know?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes while smiling.

“My favorite.”

Taehyung smiled smugly. “Oh really. You can eat it as long as you’re not fussy.”

Jungkook giggled lightly.

Hoseok rolled his eyes while still cutting the kimchi. “Ehem, Jungkook-sshi, if you want to know, this guy is really stingy….since you know…he wanted to save his money and buy a Ferrari. That’s why everyday he ate curry…” He sang song.

Taehyung glared at the back of Hoseok’s head.

Jungkook laughed.

“I don’t know why…he has all the money—umphhh!!” Taehyung cupped the elder’s mouth with his palm before he could say unnecessary thing about him. Jungkook blinked confusedly.

“So?” Taehyung said, smiling tightly. Hoseok gulped. “Why did you cook every day, then, Hoseok-sshi?” Taehyung asked as he massaged the elder’s shoulder real hard while hoping Jungkook did not notice the sudden change of topic. From the look on Jungkook’s face, he did not aware of it which was a relieved.

“Me? Oh, I’m different from him, Jungkook-sshi. I save the money since I need to pay for my student’s loan. One needs to pay back the debt after borrowing the money, right?” Hoseok glanced at Taehyung, smirking with meaning. He was implying on the money Taehyung had borrowed from him. Hoseok could never understand Taehyung. He had all the money in the world but he still did not want to use it.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and slapped the elder’s back. “Good for you!” He said as he got back to prepare the curry.

Jungkook chuckled quietly, watching the two men.

Hoseok suddenly stood up. “V-ah!”

Both Jungkook and Taehyung startled.

Taehyung turned to look at the elder, glaring at him. “What now?”

“My stomach!” Hoseok groaned as he ran toward the bathroom.

The younger looked at each other before burst out laughing.

“When are we going to start eating, hyung?!”

Jungkook wiped away his tears as he grabbed the knife Hoseok was using earlier. “It’s okay, let me do the rest.”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at him. “Are you sure?”

Jungkook nodded and started cutting the rest. Taehyung smiled and get back to work.

Jungkook glanced at Taehyung’s back (A/N not that back back you ert) and smiled. “So…it’s hard to see a man working inside the kitchen.”

Taehyung shrugged as he put down a plate of kimchi on the table before turning back to the stove. “Well, a man needs to live, right?”

Jungkook looked at the kimchi and chuckled. “Is it because you need to live or…” He carried the plate to Taehyung and raised an eyebrow. “…because you missed your hometown?”

Taehyung looked at the kimchi and smiled slightly. “Well, you’ll become bored if you eat all that burger, stick, hotdog and other stuffs every day, right?”

Jungkook bit his lower lips. “Then, why didn’t you go back to Korea? You can eat kimchi every day.” He said he put down the plate on the counter.

Taehyung turned off the fire and half-heartedly smile at Jungkook. “Excuse me.” He said as he walked to the fridge behind Jungkook.

Jungkook turned around. “Is your parent still alive?”

“Yes.” Taehyung said quickly.

Jungkook stared at him for awhile, afraid to ask any further question. He was afraid that he had crossed his line.

“It was long ago since I last contacted them.” Taehyung said after a few seconds while putting the ketchup on the counter beside the fridge.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow. “W-Why?”

Taehyung grabbed three plates and walked to the stove while not looking at Jungkook. “They’re busy. Everyone is with their own life. Living here is great enough. No one disturb me.” Taehyung shrugged as he put the rice and curry on the plates.

Jungkook smiled slightly, standing beside the elder while staring at him. “But life is nothing without a family.”

It was quiet for a few minutes. No one said a word. Taehyung slowly turned to look at the shorter man and smiled. He tasted the curry and grinned.

Jungkook smiled back, understand that the elder did not want to talk about it any further. “Is it yummy?” He asked.

Taehyung nodded and scooped a little bit of curry and hover the spoon in front of Jungkook’s mouth. “Taste it.”

Jungkook happily tasted it. “Hmm~ it’s good.” He nodded approved.

Taehyung chuckled and ruffled the boy’s hair.

 

“I was talking with my friend and we didn’t notice that V hyung was going to cross the road. We almost hit him but we didn’t. I don’t know why he fainted.” Jungkook told Hoseok. Hoseok laughed and listened to him intently.

The three of them had finished eating dinner after much struggle in making them. Jungkook was talking about the first day he met Taehyung.

“Why didn’t you hit him for real?” Hoseok blurted out.

“What?” Jungkook laughed.

Taehyung pouted as he munched on the apple.

“No, Jungkook-ah. I told you. If I was you, I will reverse the car and hit him again…and again…and again…!” Hoseok said. Jungkook laughed at that.

“No one will pay my debt to you if I dead, you know.” Taehyung said as he took a sipped of his drink.

“Oh then, I will ask—” Taehyung cupped his palm around Hoseok’s mouth, again, and glared at him.

Hoseok pushed Taehyung’s hand away and smirk.

Jungkook blinked confusedly. “Ask who?”

Hoseok turned to look at him and laugh. “HAHAHA…no one. Just kidding. Continue with your story, please.”

Jungkook told Hoseok of what had happened with Taehyung adding to the story.

“Ah right, what were you doing in Boston anyway?” Jungkook asked suddenly.

Hoseok blinked. “Oh, you don’t know what happen? It was because—”

“Ah what time is it now?!” Taehyung cut off his word, looking down at his watch. “It’s late and cold outside.” He said.

Jungkook pouted. “But I want to listen to Hoseok hyung.”

“Come on, V. It’s still early.” Hoseok said.

Taehyung shook his head. “Say goodbye, hyung.”

Hoseok pouted and looked at Jungkook like a kicked puppy. “Goodbye, Jungkook-ah.”

Jungkook chuckled. “Thanks for the food and for everything.” He said as he stood up. Taehyung grabbed his jacket for him and wrapped it around his shoulders.

“Bye!” Jungkook said. Hoseok waved back before pouting.

Taehyung lead Jungkook to the door and glared at his hyung, making the elder smirked.

 

“So, here we are.”

They stopped in front of the apartment.

Jungkook buried his chin in the scarf around his neck as he glanced up at Taehyung. “Thanks for the dinner…”

Taehyung smiled at the cute act.

“And I’m sorry. I don’t have the right to ask about your personal life.”

Taehyung chuckled as he ruffled the boy’s hair. “It’s okay. I’m sorry I can’t tell you anything…it’s too complicated.”

Jungkook nodded, understand.

“Well, goodbye now.” Jungkook said.

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah, goodbye.”

Jungkook bit his lower lips before standing on his toes and kissed the elder’s left cheek. He blushed brightly before swiftly walking inside the apartment.

Taehyung stared blankly at Jungkook’s retreat figure, hand on his cheek, where he could still feel the soft lips on him—and he didn’t care how cheesy that sound.

“Damn…”

 

Jungkook, still blushing, got inside the apartment. What the hell was he thinking? He did not know…he act without thinking. It felt right somehow. But what if the elder thought him as a freak? Kissing him suddenly…ughhh!!

“You’re back.” Jin greeted him.

Jungkook grinned and plopped down next to Jin on the couch.

“How was your day?”

Jungkook could not stop smiling. “Surprisingly…good.”

Jin smirked. “And you got that smile too…”

Jungkook blushed and pouted. “What? I can’t smile is it?”

Jin poked the younger’s side, making him squirmed and giggled. “I know that smile…a butterfly in the garden kind of smile.”

Jungkook pouted. “Stop it, hyung.”

Jin chuckled. “I was expecting you to come home all angry…all twisted…but what did you do? Are you on drug or something, Kookie-ah?” He said as he kept poking the younger.

Jungkook giggled while trying to swat away the elder’s hand. “Stop it! I’m going to bed, okay.”  He said as he ran from the elder’s clutched.

“And now you’re keeping secret from me? Seriously, Kook-ah?”

“It’s fair!” The younger yelled from inside his room. Jin chuckled and shook his head.

 

+++

 

Hoseok walked back and forth in front of Taehyung who was sitting on the couch and reading a book. He stopped suddenly and looked at Taehyung.

“Dude.”

Taehyung hummed and looked up from the book.

“You like Jungkook?”

Taehyung looked at Hoseok like had grown another head before turning back to his book.

Hoseok rolled his eyes before plopping down on the couch beside the younger.

“No need to hide it from me, idiot, I can see it. You like Jungkook, right?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “Even if I do, did it disturb your life or what?”

Hoseok huffed. “It just that Jungkook is a nice boy. I don’t want you to corrupt him or something.”

Taehyung glared at him before looking back down at his book.

“Listen to my advice, V-ah. Jungkook is an innocent boy. Someone like him deserves a guy who can protect him, look after him…a guy like me.”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and looked at Hoseok with are-you-kidding-me-look.

Hoseok sighed heavily. “But it’s okay if you like him. I advice that you look after him well.” Hoseok patted the younger’s knee.

Taehyung gave him a blank look. Hoseok pursed his lips and shove the younger aside.

“You and your poker face!”

 

+++

 

Jungkook turned around on his bed and grabbed his phone on the nightstand. He opened the message and smiled when he realized who it was.

From: Alien Hyung

Goodnight, sleep beautiful.

Jungkook might or not change the name to V hyung ♥.