NY Five

NY Love

Jungkook fluttered opened his eyes, groaning slightly when he felt his head pounding in pain. He shut his eyes, pressing the helm of his palm against his forehead. He was wondering what the hell had happened. He did not drink any alcohol right? It felt like he was having a hangover. Well, it was not like he ever knew how hangover felt like—and did not plan of finding it out ever—but damn his head was hurting.

He slowly opened his eyes. His eyes roamed around the unfamiliar room. He realized he was lying on a couch with a blanket covering him. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow in confusion. Where the hell is he? He turned to his left and almost screamed in shocked when he saw a stranger staring intently at him from another couch opposite of him. Jungkook’s eyes widened. He shifted until his back pressed against the couch, his hold tightened around the blanket.

“W-Who are you?”

The guy kept staring at him. It was uncanny Jungkook thought.

After a minute of staring match, the guy answered him. “Hoseok...but you can call me J-Hope. Friend’s of Taehyung.” He said with his voice low. Jungkook shuddered slightly at the voice. If he did not know any better, it felt like he was in a horror movie. At the same time, he felt slightly relieved that the guy was Korean. Well his face obviously looked like a Korean but we would never know.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at this guy last sentence. “Taehyung? Taehyung...who?” He asked again.

The stranger, Hoseok kept staring at him. Jungkook shifted uncomfortably.

“Yah, stop staring at him like that.” A familiar deep voiced out. A recognizable figure came out from one of the room and walked to the living room. Taehyung smacked the back of his friend’s head, making the elder yelped and glared at him.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. “What? You look like you’re going to pound on him.”

Hoseok huffed. It was not his fault his idol was right in front of his eyes.

“Go away hyung. Your face isn’t that friendly. You’re frightening him.” Taehyung said as he pushed the elder from the one seat couch.

Hoseok muttered something around the line brat and I’m hopie hopie and friendly as he stood up and walked to the kitchen. Taehyung ignored him and took a seat on the couch.

Jungkook watched the interaction, slightly amused. He realized that Taehyung is supposed to be V’s real name—which kind of suit him.

Taehyung stared at the boy and smiled his usual goofy smiled.

“Where am I?” The boy asked, still lying down on the couch.

“It’s okay you’re safe now. Obviously it’s not an alien spaceship.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow, not amused. “Is that supposed to be a joke?”

Taehyung grinned, rubbing the back of his neck. “Aren’t all girls like stupid joke?”

Jungkook did not know if this guy just plainly stupid or what. He had a sudden urged to smack Taehyung right now. “First, I’m not a girl if you realized by now. Second, are you stupid or what?!” Jungkook voiced out his thought.

Taehyung smirked. It was amusing watching the younger so worked up like this. His usual pale face was all red, livid. But the red suit Jungkook, Taehyung thought. He remembered how the boy ends up blushing after the spider incident. He wondered if he could see the boy blushing underneath—wow wow...where the hell did that come from? Taehyung mentally smacked himself.

Jungkook sighed. “How did I end up here?”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. “You can’t remember?”

Jungkook pouted, shaking his head and instantly regretted it when his head throbbed.

Taehyung noticed when the younger grimaced in pain. It was not weird since Jungkook hit his head pretty hard when he fell down earlier. It leaved a bruise. Maybe he should gave the younger a Paracetamol for the pain, Taehyung reminded himself.

“Well...I was going to pick you up when I saw you at the alleyway with those two buffoons. I guess you fell unconscious and hit your head on the pavement that’s why it was hurting.” Jungkook blushed when he realized the elder knew about his headache. He was very sure he was good in hiding his pain. Being an idol made you learnt that being sick was not an excuses for you to rest. “I kick their and save you. The end.” Taehyung concluded.

Jungkook bit his lower lips. Now he remembered what had happened. He should have wait for the elder to come and pick him up. But he was not sure Taehyung would, that was why he ended up walking by himself in the first place.

“Why the hell didn’t you wait for me? Do you know how dangerous it was walking all alone, especially in a dark alley? What if those guys do something inappropriate? Do you want to die?” Taehyung frowned. He did not know why, but the thought of Jungkook hurting, it just does not sit well with him. Jungkook and hurt should not—no, forbidden—being in the same sentence. His stomach clenched when he saw Jungkook out cold on the hard pavement.

Jungkook clenched his fingers tightly on the blanket. “It was not my fault—okay maybe it was—but still, you told me to find my own way! How should I know that you’re going to come? You make it obvious you didn’t care!” Jungkook said thorough clenched teeth.

Taehyung sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Okay, alright...it’s partially my fault.” Taehyung smacked himself mentally.

Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms on his chest. He looked at the elder before blushing. “But still...you save me. I thought you will never come.”

Taehyung cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck, embarrassed.

“Thank you...” Jungkook said sincerely, smiling.

“D-Don’t mention it...” Taehyung stuttered slightly when he saw the smiled. Jungkook rarely smiled at him. When he did, it was too cute. His eyes smiled with him, making they looked like a pair of crescent moon.

“Yah! I prepared us a hot cocoa. Jungkook-sshi, do you mind having a hot cocoa?” Hoseok said as he stood in front of the kitchen. Jungkook looked up at him and nodded his head while blushing. Taehyung nodded too and stood up, fanning himself, feeling hot suddenly. That was weird, it was winter.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. This two people are weird. They were bickering and glaring at each other earlier but next they would be blushing and could not look at each other face.

 

Jungkook took a sipped of his hot cocoa, Taehyung sat beside him, stealing a glance at the younger once in awhile. They had moved to the dining table and drank the cocoa Hoseok made for them. The elder of the three had gone inside the bathroom after that.

Jungkook almost forgot that he had being punched in the stomach. Only when he tried to stand up he realized his stomach was throbbing and a cold pack was being put on the bruise, which made the pain gone. Jin would be furious if he knew what had happened, Jungkook thought.

“Thanks...” Jungkook said as he put down the mug on the table.

Taehyung smiled while nodding his head.

“Now...can you give me my IPod back?”

Taehyung blinked innocently. “I told you. I didn’t steal your IPod.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow in confusion. “Then, who else could it be? I had searched every corner of the house...the car.....and the most important thing is it was only three of us inside the car.” Jin knew how important the IPod to him so he believed the IPod was not with the elder. The only left is Taehyung!

“Why don’t you ask the alien....?” Taehyung said randomly.

Jungkook looked at him like he had grown another head. “That’s...not funny at all.”

Taehyung shrugged. “It’s not my fault you don’t have a good sense of humour.”

Jungkook restrained himself from killing the man in front of him. He took a deep breath and let go. “Listen...I’m not angry if you really took it but just return it back to me, okay?”

Taehyung faked innocent again. He knew he should give back the IPod to Jungkook. But he was afraid once he gave it back; there was no reason for them to meet again. And he really wanted to know the younger better. There was just something about Jungkook that he just could not quite put his finger on.

“I don’t steal it. Beside, no one wants to steal your IPod because it was too old. Even Steve Job was still alive when your IPod c-c-c-came—” Taehyung eyes widened when he saw Hoseok came out from the bathroom while listening to the IPod. The elder was dancing and humming while walking behind Jungkook before disappearing inside his room. “—o-o-out...” He mentally face-palmed and sighed in relieved when Jungkook did not notice anything.

“So what? It had being magically disappeared?”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulder, blinking innocently.

Jungkook pouted, supporting his chin on his palm—Taehyung blushed lightly seeing that, fan boy-ing—before looking at the elder and cocked an eyebrow when the elder looked away suddenly.

“Ermm, can I borrow your phone? I need to call Jin hyung.”

Taehyung nodded before looking around and grabbed the phone on the table, Hoseok’s. “Hyung, can I use your phone?” Taehyung asked loudly and when there was no answer, he grinned and handed the phone to Jungkook. “He said yes.”

Jungkook fought back a smiled that was threatened to come out and took the phone from the elder. “Thanks.” He said as he stood up and walked away for privacy.

 

Jungkook dialled the elder number and startled when the elder answered it in the first ring.

“Hello, hyung, it’s me Jungkook.”

“Where the hell are you? You’re not home and you didn’t answer your phone when I call! Do you know how worried I am?!” Jin nagged, sounded worried of the younger safety.

Jungkook smiled sheepishly. “I’m at Taehyung’s.”

“Taehyung...who?” The elder asked confusedly.

Jungkook forgot the elder did not know V’s real name was Taehyung. “I mean V’s. Taehyung is his real name.”

“What’re you doing there?”

“It’s a long story...”

“You better get your back here right now! Please, that cannibal can’t be trusted!”

Jungkook cringed slightly at the elder’s loud voice. “Okay, hyung.”

“You better get back here quick, understand?!”

Jungkook sighed as he cut off the line. Jin would really act like a mother hen sometimes.

He walked back to the dining room.

“How is it?” Taehyung asked, watching as the younger sat on his previous seat.

Jungkook heaved a small sighed. “I need to go back home.”

“Right now?” Taehyung could not hide his hint of disappointment.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Of course...it’s already late. What? You want me to sleep here?”

Taehyung smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck while nodding. “Alright, I will send you home. I can’t let you go back alone. Hoseok hyung would be fuming if something happen to his favourite idol.”

Jungkook blushed slightly as he stood up. “Okay.”

Taehyung carved a small smirk as he walked to his bedroom. “Just let me get my jacket.”

 

They both walked along each other, talking about random thing. Jungkook told him why he decided to continue his study. It was because he wanted to rest and studying made him take off his mind from other things. He told the elder about Jin and how they first met, his first day in Boston and so on. Jungkook looked animated when he started talking about music and dancing. Hit eyes all lit up and could not stop smiling. There are they again...his crescent moons eyes.

As an exchange, Taehyung told the younger that he had being staying in New York for five years and what he had been doing there as long as he could remember. Jungkook did not pressure the elder when he felt Taehyung was holding back something—something that he could not tell. It was making him curious but he knew when he should not cross the line. They just met after all.

“Here it is where I’m staying right now.”

They both stop in front of the apartment. Jungkook opened the gate and walked up the stairs before stopping in front of the door. Taehyung followed him from behind and stopped beside Jungkook before turning round and facing him.

Jungkook looked up at the slightly taller guy and blushed softly, biting his lower lips. “Well...thanks for saving me, hyung.” He said sincerely. He had started calling Taehyung as hyung when the elder kept pestering him inside the train.

Taehyung smiled and nodded his head.

“Good night then.” Jungkook said, smiling back before opening the door.

Taehyung walked down a stair before turning around back. “Ermm, Jungkook-ah...”

Jungkook quickly turned back around, looking at the elder curiously. “Y-Yes?”

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck. “If you need someone to show you around the New York...I’m volunteered to be your tour guide. It’s free.”

Jungkook blinked. “Really?”

Taehyung nodded, chuckling softly. “Yup. You’re lucky. I never do something for free.” He winked.

Jungkook blushed, a lovely pink before nodding. “Alright then...” He said agreed.

“I will pick you up at 10 tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

“Bye...” Taehyung waved at him while walking backward.

The younger chuckled as he waved back. “Bye.”

Taehyung grinned as he walked back home. “I will think it as a date~” He said giddily.