NY Three

NY Love

“Yay, finally we’re here!”

Jungkook and Jin plopped down on the sofa, giggling lightly. They had finally arrived in New York after hours of driving. They had dropped off V aka the weird alien at the city—since he said his friend’s house was nearby there somewhere. Jungkook could not help but be curious about this V guy. They did not even know his real name. Except maybe his real name was really V, which Jungkook doubt that very much. No matter how nice the name ‘V’ sound, it was weird for a parent to name their son with a single alphabet. And he was kind of forgotten to ask him about that.  But that was not his problem. It was not like they were going to meet each other again in the future.

They both stared at the big canvas hanging on the wall in front of them. Jin raised an eyebrow at the big picture of skull. “Where did you find this apartment?”

Jin and Jungkook turned to look at each other before grinning like a buffoon.

“NEW YORK!” They screamed in delight, standing up and dancing around.

They laughed while plopping back down on the sofa. “Oh god~ I can’t believe this.” Jungkook squealed.

Jin chuckled while nodding his head. He felt his mobile phone vibrating inside his pocket. He took it out and read the message, eyes widened as he stood up, making the younger stared at him bewilderedly.

“, I’m late!” The elder exclaimed.

“Huh?”

Jin grinned. “I’ve another reason to come here, besides taking you on a little vacation.”

Jungkook huffed. “Where are you going?”

“At the moment, it’s none of your business.” Jin smirked.

The younger sat on the sofa with his legs crossed. “Are you meeting someone?” He asked curiously

“Exactly...!”

“Is it a he or a she?” Jungkook narrowed his eyes suspiciously. This hyung swung both ways. He would attack anything that was with two legs.

“And again, it’s none of your business~” Jin winked playfully, making the younger pouted.

Jin laughed; ruffling the younger’s hair playfully. “Bye~ See you later.” He said as he grabbed his jacket and walked to the door.

“Are you even going to come back home tonight?” Jungkook shouted.

“I don’t know. It’s depends!” The elder shouted back. Jungkook heard the front door closed before pouting. He leant back against the sofa before closing his eyes. He might as well take a good rest. He was planning to walk around the city in the morning and for that, he needed a lot of energy.

“This hyung~” He sighed.

 

+++

 

Taehyung opened the door to Hoseok’s apartment. He walked to the living room and unceremoniously lay down on the couch. He closed his eyes, arms crossed on his chest.

Hoseok who was sitting at the opposite of the couch raised an eyebrow. He tapped the pencil he was holding on his forehead, eyes fixed on the male in front of him. 

“Yah...!” He called out but the brown hair guy ignored him. Hoseok grabbed the small pillow and threw it at Taehyung’s face.

“Yah..!”

Taehyung groaned and opened his eyes, looking at his friend. “What?” He whined.

Hoseok pointed the pencil at Taehyung’s shoes, ordering him to take it off. What the hell is this guy doing, wearing shoes inside his places?

Taehyung huffed before taking off his shoes while still lying down on the couch. He threw them aside. “Happy?”

Hoseok hummed, returning back to his reading. “I thought you’re dead. I was just going to call the cops.” Hoseok said sarcastically. Taehyung had gone for a week and did not even call him until a few hours ago, which he ignored.

Taehyung closed back his eyes, sighing softly.

“How is it? Having fun?” Hoseok smirked, eyes fixed on the book.

Taehyung pouted.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Stubborn head…you keep burning my money, sending you here and there.”

Taehyung heaved a small sighed. “You really didn’t care about me, right?” He huffed softly before opening his eyes and turned his gazed at his friend. “I promised I’ll pay back all your money.”

Hoseok smirked amused as he put down the book he was reading on the coffee table in front of him. “You want to pay me back?” He stood up. “Wait…” He walked to the book shelf on his left and grabbed his small notebook. He opened the notebook and put it on the coffee table before sitting back on his place, grabbing the book and put it on his laps.

“Four thousands...” Hoseok stated. “If you want to pay, pay all of it at once.”

Taehyung stood up and grabbed the notebook. He grinned at all the amounts he had spent. He was amused at the fact that his friend had time to jot down all these. He put back the notebook on the table. “Arasseo, I’ll pay all the debt later.” He said, leaning back against the couch.

“It’s in USD…not in Won.” Hoseok grinned.

Taehyung almost choked on his saliva, he was speechless when he heard what the elder had said. Had he spent all of that?

“And, I already heard you said that four thousands time but until today, you never pay me back!” Hoseok exclaimed.

The younger smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. He really did not have any money. He did not even have work! Even if he had one, it was not permanent, only as a part-timer—which he would find them boring and quit them later. Hoseok kept pestering him to find a stable job so he could earn his own money and stopped depending on the elder. But he was not that type of guy. He liked to travel and find something adventurous. That was why he moved—ran—to New York.

“I’ll pay it later, hyung.” Taehyung said as he stood up, stretching his aching body.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Yeah right and where are you going to find all the money?” Hoseok looked at Taehyung. “How about you just ask...him...some money?” He asked carefully, afraid of the younger reaction.

Taehyung froze for a moment, frowning. Something flashed in his eyes before it was gone. He put on a smile that did not quite reach his eyes. “Right, how about I give you this.” Taehyung pulled out an IPod from his jean’s pocket and handed it Hoseok.

Hoseok did not comment when Taehyung changed the topic. He knew he had hit a spot when he mentioned, him, earlier. He grabbed the IPod confusedly. He the IPod before putting on the earphone curiously. An unfamiliar song was played but Hoseok recognized the voice that was singing the song. His eyes lit up as he looked up at the younger.

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow, confused at the elder reaction.

“I know this voice! It’s Jungkook’s. Is it his new song? I never heard of it before.”

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck. “Who are you talking about?” He was quite shocked. Does Hoseok know the raven hair boy?

Hoseok deadpanned. “A cooker...”

Taehyung blinked.

“Of course I’m talking about the singer! Who else do you think?” Hoseok groaned at the guy’s slowness.

Taehyung eyes widened a bit. Are they talking about the same Jungkook here? Or is it just a coincidence this guy name was the same as Hoseok’s favourite singer.

Hoseok took his phone and search for Jeon Jungkook. “Here, this is Jungkook.” He said as he handed the phone to Taehyung.

Taehyung grabbed the phone and scroll down the pictures; eyes almost bulged out when he recognized who it was in the pictures. “So...he’s a singer.”

Hoseok looked at the younger confusedly. “Do you have met him before?” It was not weird that Taehyung barely knew the idols in their country. He practically wished to be an American and had lived here in New York for almost five years. How he survived all along, that was still a mystery although Hoseok had his own suspicious.

Taehyung shrugged while smirking.

Hoseok looked at the IPod he was holding and frowned. “Ah right, where the hell did you get this IPod?”

Taehyung smiled innocently. “Nowhere...?”  He patted the elder’s shoulder before walking away.

Hoseok shrugged as he continued listening to the songs inside the IPod.

 

+++

 

Somewhere in the city,

Jungkook looked around for something. Under the sofa, inside his beg, everywhere, but he just could not find it!

He bit his lower lips, eyes slightly teary. “Where is my IPod? Etteokhae...?” He bit his nail, eyes darting around, trying to find his black IPod.