NY One

NY Love

(bold=english; not bold=korean; italic=phone conversation)

 

 

 

 

Don’t forget who you really are

 

The ringing of the clock echoed throughout the dorm. Jungkook startled and sat up on his bed, blinking confusedly at the sudden noise. He turned around to look at alarm clock on the night stand. His eyes widened when he realized what the time was.

Oh no, I’m late!” He shrieked, rolling down from his bed and took off to the bathroom.

 

Your life is so amazing

 

Jungkook closed the zipper of his luggage and smiled brightly. He stood up and carried his bag pack before putting on his beanie. He grabbed his jacket and heaved a small happy sigh.

This is the day!”

 

Keep looking for the right way

 

The eighteen years old boy pulled his luggage outside and closed the door before locking it. He turned around and saw his classmate and neighbour waving at him.

Charles!” He grinned happily and hugged the elder boy.

Charles chuckled while patting the boy’s head. “I’m going to miss you, shortie.

Jungkook pouted and hit the elder boy’s arm playfully. “I’ll be back after two weeks, hyung.

Don’t forget about me once you get there.” Charles grinned.

Jungkook chuckled while nodding his head. “I’ll buy you a gift.

You better do. Bring back a fridge magnet for me, from New York.” Charles ruffled Jungkook’s hair. The boy quickly avoided it while grinning.

All right, all right, I’m going now! See you later, hyung!

He waved before pulling his luggage down the stairs.

Jungkook had been studying here in Boston for about one year. It was kind of hard for him at first, living in a foreign country but as the time goes by, it was fun actually, knowing a new culture, improving his English and communication ability, getting new friends from other countries, it was quite worthy if anyone ask him. And that day, he was going to New York for a vacation! He had been planning for that day for 5 months.

Jungkook opened the door and stepped out outside. He closed the door behind him and smiled brightly when he saw who it was waiting for him outside.

Jin hyung!”

Jin turned around and raised an eyebrow at the boy. “You’re late, Kookie-ah! Where’ve you been?”

Jungkook was struggling to pull down his heavy luggage down the flight of stairs.

W-Wait...hyung, can you help me?”

Jin rolled his eyes before grabbing the luggage from the younger boy and walked to his car. “Come on. It’s going to be a long journey, lad.”

I’m so excited!”

Jungkook got inside the car and scream excitedly. He looked at side mirror while fixing his beanie. “Come on, hyung! Stop nagging.” He grinned, could not control his own excitement anymore.

Jin put the luggage inside the bonnet. He chuckled softly at Jungkook’s antic. He walked to the driver’s seat and got inside before closing the door beside him. He started the engine and drove off to their destination.

Jungkook the radio and nodded along with the rhythm. He seemed could not stay quiet even for a minute, not until they arrived at New York! And nothing can stop them!

Jin glanced at the boy and raised an eyebrow. “Wait a minute. Why don’t we listen to your music? What’s this?”

Jungkook blushed at the elder boy. “Aw hyung~”

Jin wriggled his eyebrow playfully.

Here~” Jungkook pulled out his precious IPod and a USB wire. He put them on together when suddenly he saw a guy crossing the road in front of them.

Hyung! Watch out!”

Jin eyes widened and he quickly stepped on the brake.

Jin and Jungkook looked at each other in horror. “D-Did we just hit somebody?”

They both quickly stepped out of the car and ran to the front, seeing a guy lying there still on the road.

Oh my god, is he okay?” Jungkook’s eyes widened, his hands trembling from the shocked.

Jin kneeled down beside the guy and looked at him carefully. “Oh...he’s handsome.” Jin comment and shrugged.

Jungkook groaned. “Hyung, this is not the time!”

Jin grinned. “I’m sorry.” He quickly put his hand on the guy’s chest and felt his heartbeat. He was not bleeding anyway from what he had seen. It seems like the guy was only unconscious, maybe from the shocked. Plus, Jin was very sure he had stepped on the brake on time. There was no scratch in front of his car. That was only mean he did not hit the guy just like they had thought, which it was a relief.

He’s still alive.” Jin concluded.

Jungkook sighed in relief. “So, what do we do now?”

Jin bit his lower lips before looking at Jungkook. “Okay, I’ve an idea.” He grabbed the guy’s arm and wrapped it around his neck. “Here, give me your hand.” Jungkook blinked confusedly before helping the elder. They carried the guy to the road side, leaning him against one of the tree there.

Jungkook stared at the guy and had to admit it, he was handsome. He shook his head and looked at Jin. “So, are we going to take him to the hospital now?”

Jin looked at him sceptically. “And what, you want to ruin our vacation? Duh~ please.” Jin shook his head and held the boy’s shoulders. “Listen, I know it’s cruel, but no. We’ve to go, okay?” They had been planning this for five months and only because of one stupid guy that seem to not know how to cross a road properly, like hell Jin was going to let that ruin their plan.

B-But hyung...”

Jin glared at him and pulled the boy inside the car before driving off.

Jungkook kept looking back at the guy, feeling guilty. “This is not right, hyung. We can’t leave him alone there.”

Jin sighed. “Come on, Kookie-ah. Please. He’s going to be just fine. He’s not dead. He’s just unconscious.”

Jungkook bit his lower lips, eyes widened. “W-What if somebody actually sees and report us?”

Jin rolled his eyes. “You’re always over analysing things, Jungkook-ah. Gosh!”

Jungkook shook his head, gripping the elder’s arm. “What if somebody snap a picture and put it in the internet? Oh no! And police is going to arrest us, hyung!”

Jin sighed. He knew Jungkook would not stay still until he knew the guy was going to be just fine. Curse him for having such an innocent heart. But, Jin was not going to ruin that. It was one of the boy’s charms.

Look, look, alright. I’m going to turn it back, okay?”

Jungkook sighed in relief before smiling gratefully at the elder. “Thank you.”

They stopped in front of the tree and quickly stepped out of the car. Jungkook opened the door at the backseat and quickly help Jin carried the guy inside. They drove off quickly before anyone could see them.

Jungkook stared at the guy from his front seat. He poked the guy’s side but he did not even twitch at that. “Should we send him to the hospital?”

Jin glanced at Jungkook like he had grown another head. “Oh hells no, are you crazy? You want to pay for the bill?”

Jungkook quickly shook his head.

Why did I have to go through this crap....” Jin muttered under his breath.

 

Taehyung groaned softly when he woke up. He looked around confusedly before sitting up. “Where the hell am I?” He thought as he cradled his head.

Jungkook heard something shifting behind him. He turned around and saw the guy waking up. He instinctively screamed in shocked.

Taehyung cringed at the loud shouted. “What the—

Jungkook quickly shut his mouth when he saw the guy glared at him.

Who the hell are you?” Taehyung hissed.

Jungkook took off his earphone and gulped softly. “Hi, I’m Jungkook.

Taehyung rubbed his forehead, frowning. He looked at the guy before pointing his finger at Jungkook. “You kidnapped me!

Jungkook’s eyes widened. He quickly shook his head. “W-Wait, Sir! I-I didn’t...! Aish, jinjja...etteokhae?” He shifted panicky on his seat.

Taehyung backed away from the panicked looking guy. He raised an eyebrow when he realized something. “Korean?

Jungkook blinked at the sudden question before looking at the guy. He nodded his head hesitantly. “Ah, yes, I’m Korean from South Korea.

Taehyung laughed lightly, rubbing his face. What a real coincidence, he thought. “Korean...New York.”

Jungkook blinked at the guy. “You’re from South Korea too?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “Where do you think?” He said, shifting back to his mother-tongued language.

Jungkook smiled sheepishly. “Ah, it just that there is also Korean from North Korea—”

Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair feeling a headache coming before cutting off the boy’s words. “Okay, okay, okay...I don’t want to hear it. What the hell happened to me?” Taehyung frowned even further. He remembered walking down the street and was going to cross the road when suddenly...

You hit me, right?” Taehyung pointed his finger again at the boy.

Jungkook blinked, staring at the guy blankly before shaking his head. “N-No! You see, me and my friend—”

Jin got inside the car, not noticing the guy had woke up, and hand a bag with a medicine to the maknae. “Here, Kookie-ah.”

Jungkook grabbed the small brown paper bag and bit his lower lips. “Ermm, hyung...” He pointed his finger at the backseat.

Jin raised an eyebrow before turning his gazed at the back. He shouted in shocked, making Taehyung cringed again at the loud voice. “God! Shut up...what’s with the shouting?!”

Jin quickly shut his mouth. “Gosh~” He pouted.

Jungkook heaved a small sigh. “Okay...you are...?” He looked at the guy.

V...just call me V.”

Jungkook nodded. “Okay, V-sshi, actually...my friend and I didn’t notice that you were going to cross the road because you suddenly appear out of nowhere but we still brake on time—”

Taehyung laughed in disbelieve. “Appear out of nowhere? I was crossing the road you idiot.”

Jungkook glared at the guy. Did he just call me an idiot? “You’re an idiot for not knowing how to cross a road properly! Even five years old know to look left and right before crossing!”

Taehyung startled at the sudden outburst. He glared back at the boy before sighing. “Okay, let’s go to the police station. Let’s make a police report. Reckless driving...”

Jin and Jungkook quickly shook their head before staring at Taehyung pleadingly. “W-Wait! Don’t! See, Jin hyung bought you a medicine.” Jungkook handed the bag to Taehyung. “He already make a full body check on you and—”

Taehyung grabbed the bag and looked inside when he realized what the boy had said. “Wait. He did what? Who checked my body?”

Jungkook blinked confusedly before pointing at Jin. “He already checks your body and there is no injury.”

Jin shrugged. Taehyung eyes widened a bit before wrapping his arms around his chest. “He didn’t do anything right...?”

Jin rolled his eyes. “Who the hell do you think I am?”

Jungkook sighed. “He did not. I watch him, okay.”

Taehyung put the medicine aside and looked at the strangers warily. “I don’t want the medicine.”

Jungkook bit his lower lips. “Money! How about money? But I don’t have that many...”

Taehyung glared at Jungkook, effectively making the boy shut up. “I don’t want your damn money.” Jungkook nodded. Taehyung sighed softly, looking out of the car window. He really needed to get out from here. This was not what he had planned when he came here. Taehyung cleared his throat and looked at Jungkook. “Phone...lends me your phone.”

Jungkook nodded eagerly. “A-Alright...here.” He pulled out his Samsung Galaxy Note from his bag pack and handed it to the guy.

Taehyung dialled the number. He waited for someone to answer him. After the third rings, someone pick it up. “Hello?”

Taehyung sighed in relief. “Hoseok, it’s me.”

Where the hell are you? I thought you’re dead.” The voice said coldly.

Taehyung huffed. “Listen Hoseok-ah, can you help me?”

The line was cut off before he could finish. Taehyung groaned and dialled the number again but it went straight to the voice box message. Taehyung gripped his fingers tightly around the phone.

Jin and Jungkook watched the guy carefully. “Is everything alright?” Jin asked curiously.

Taehyung took a deep breath before handing the phone back to its owner. He took of his black jacket and threw it aside. He did not have any choice then. He looked at those curious eyes in front of him. “Where are you guys going after this?”

Jungkook looked at Jin before answering. “Ermm...New York.”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow before smiling brightly. “New York...okay...” Just his luck, he was going there too. He rubbed the back of his neck. “Listen, I’m completely broke. I don’t have any money. If you let me follow you to New York, I’ll forget all about what had happened earlier, hmm.”

Jungkook and Jin gaped slightly at the request. They looked at each other before looking back at Taehyung. “Okay, V-sshi. Let us talk about this first.” Jin said. “Kookie-ah...” He pointed his head at the outside. Jungkook nodded and followed the elder to the front of the car.

We can’t let him! What if he’s a murder?” Jin argued.

But hyung, if we didn’t let him, he’s going to the police and reports us!”

Jin sighed and pinched his nose. “Listen, if he done anything suspicious, I’m going to kick his .”

Jungkook flinched slightly. Jin getting mad was not a good thing. Jungkook nodded and pulled out his pinkie. “Pinkie promise...” Jin intertwined his pinkie with the boy’s and nodded. They walked back inside the car, cursing their luck for ending up this way.

Jungkook turned to look at the guy. “Okay, V-sshi. We both agreed to let you come with us to New York but as an exchange, you need to forget about the accident, okay?”

Taehyung smiled amused before nodding his head. “Okay!”

Jungkook lighten up a bit and held out his hand. “Thanks.”

Taehyung looked down at the boy’s hand before shaking it.

Jungkook beamed brightly before letting their hands go and twisted around his seat. “Alright, let’s go hyung.”