Chapter 13

Ghost

 

 

"I, Seo Jinhyuk, would like to announce that I will step down as the CEO of SEO Architecture Company. The SEO Architecture Company will appoint their new CEO and the discussion for the name changed is ongoing. I would like to thank everyone who is working under me, who is loyal throughout the ups and downs of the company..."

 

Many worker at the Star News Company gathered in front of TV and gasped after hearing the announcement from Seo Jinhyuk. They were murmuring to each other as they didn't believe with the news. That company is successful under him after the public believed that it was almost bankrupt. The workers were discussing as if they are the one who works in SEO Company.

Meanwhile, Luhan was sitting at his place and going through the photobook of Seo Jinhyuk and his family that was published under his own name. It was released 5 days ago but it was already sold out on the first day and currently waiting for restock. The news about Seo Jinhyuk resignation isn't shocking to him anymore because he knew about this earlier. Seo Jinhyuk told him that he decided to retire because he wants to spend time with Minseok and Seulgi. They wanted to start a new life and to do that, they will move to Japan but they will come back to visit. At first, Seo Jinhyuk wanted to give his house to Luhan but he declined politely because it's too much for him. Besides, he stayed alone and Seo Jinhyuk's house is so big. The only people who stayed in that house now is the maid, driver, and guard.

He closed the photobook and his eyes diverted to a newspaper cuttings of an article 'One by One, One After Another' by Luhan. His first article. It was about Seo Jinhyuk and internal conflict that happened throughout the month. Since he was involved in that matter, he could write the possible details that he could remember starting from the Hope School until the tragedy happened at the Hope Orphanage. Since there were a lot of things that need to be cleared up, the director gave Luhan his own section for the whole event. Although it was three weeks late, the sale for the newspaper rose drastically shocking to everyone in department. The reason is simple; the public was so eager to know about Seo Jinhyuk, and Luhan gave a lot of detailed information that other tabloids didn't have. As a result, he was given a raised in his salary and was offered to work for full-time in which he accepted it right away.

Someone patted his shoulder and he turned and Sehun was giving him a signal that it is lunch time. He nodded before tidy up his table and went with Sehun.

 

 

"Have you heard the news, Luhan? Seo Jinhyuk just resigned! What is he going to do with his company?" Sehun asked Luhan about the news that shocked the whole nation. By the time they arrived at the restaurant, all the customers there were talking about Seo Jinhyuk and resignation.

Luhan took a sip of his drink before he nodded at Sehun's question. "He told me already." He responded shortly.

Sehun's jaw dropped when Luhan said that Seo Jinhyuk told him about his resignation. Ever since that day, he never figured out how did Luhan end up knowing Seo Jinhyuk and his family. He wanted to ask him but since he wasn't well yet, he kept it to himself but now his curiosity rises again. Maybe this time he can get his answer to all his questions. He faked a cough to make sure that he didn't mess up. "Luhan, I was wondering-" He paused for awhile and Luhan turned to him while staring straight to his eyes. "How did you become so close with Seo Jinhyuk and his children? I mean, I can understand if the reason is because you helped him but the way he treated you is .....different. Don't you feel like that?"

Luhan sighed and began to think about it. He felt that he was given a special treatment when Minseok and Kyungsoo dragged him from the hospital just to interview Seo Jinhyuk. Besides, Seo Jinhyuk already gave the reason why. Will Sehun believe it?

 

"Sehun, if I tell you this, are you going to believe me?" He asked in anxious. Luhan knew that Sehun might think that what he is going to tell him is a bluff.

Sehun just gave a gesture of 'of course' to him meaning that he is going to listen everything and perhaps believe it too.

Luhan didn't know how to start but since Sehun wants to know, he is going to start on how he met Joohyun.

"What if I told you that I saw a ghost and it's Seo Jinhyuk's dead daughter, Seo Joohyun? We met at the Hope School while I was taking photo."

After hearing that, Sehun burst out of laughter. What kind of nonsense is that? Sehun couldn't stop laughing and he was struggling to stop it. Meanwhile, Luhan clenched his jaw while looking at laughing Sehun. He knew that he is not going to believe that. He rolled his eyes while taking a sip of his drink.

Sehun tried to catch some air after laughing so hard just now. He never laughed that hard for a long time. He tried to say something but he just can't stop laughing. When he finally managed to stop his laughter, he tried to say something. "Luhan, that's so funny! What? You met a ghost?" He continued to laugh again. When Sehun noticed that Luhan didn't react to his laugh, he stopped abruptly and realized something. "Wait! Is it true?" Luhan never lie. That's what Sehun remember.

Luhan rolled his eyes while chewing his food. He had no mood to continue his story. Why would he waste his time telling his story to someone who didn't want to believe him? Sehun urged him to tell about that although Luhan is already give up for that.

"Luhan, I'm sorry but please continue the story. I'm going to believe everything what you say. Please!" Sehun begged.

Luhan suppressed his laugh after looking at Sehun's desperate begging for him to continue his story. It's really funny. It's like his story about how he met Joohyun is depending on his live. He couldn't take it anymore and let out a small chuckle when Sehun endlessly begging. In the end, he agreed to continue his story. "But with one condition, I will stop if you say you didn't believe it." Sehun nodded quickly and he looked so focus. No wonder Luhan felt like he wants to laugh.

So he told Sehun everything that actually happened at the school; how did he exactly meet Joohyun, how did he end up meeting her brothers and all that. Sehun was gawking on every Luhan's word. To tell the truth, he didn't believe it because it doesn't make some sense but he doesn't want Luhan to stop so he just listened everything without question him. It's really hard for him to believe but he just accepted it.

 

"So you met Seo Jinhyuk's sons first before you met him?" Sehun asked in curiosity but at the same time was amazed with it.

Luhan nodded and added, "I didn't know about that. I just realized that after you told me about Seo Jinhyuk's wife." Sehun tried to recall any moment about that but he couldn't remember until Luhan told him that he was there at the airport to report about Eunseo's death and then, he remembered it. "The day before you told me about his wife, Joohyun was in my house and when the news about her mother came on TV, she was shocked. She even said 'mom'. I tried to ask her but she avoided it."

"Hold up, Luhan!" Sehun showed his palm to him while putting some confused looks on his face. "It's not that I don't want to believe you but did Seo Jinhyuk know about this? About you saw his daughter as a ghost?"

Luhan rolled his eyes after Sehun asked that. He didn't want to believe that. "Yes! They know. And they believed it! Why? Apparently, she met them in their dream and told them that I could see her. So don't worry. You're not the one who think this is stupid and ridiculous." He said in sarcastic manner making Sehun gulped because of Luhan's words that mocking him.

Then, he continued the story about the reason why Seo Jinhyuk asked him to save Seulgi and investigate all this. He finally made it to the end but he wasn't sure whether he is going to tell that he is actually falling in love with Joohyun. He was sure that Sehun would laugh at him again so he kept it secret. Let that be known by him, Seo Jinhyuk, Minseok, and Seulgi.

 

Speaking about Minseok and Seulgi, they've already live in Osaka; one of the places in Japan, and they'll be here this weekend. Perhaps to help Seo Jinhyuk move some of the things left at home. They were still in contact with each other. From the sound of it, it seems like both of them have change in personality. Or maybe they were still the same. Also, they seem to reveal about their family because Seulgi kept talking to him about Minseok's new friend coming to their house and that his friend is so handsome.

 


 

Knowing that they are coming today,  Luhan stopped by Seo Jinhyuk's house and was welcome by the two childish people who attacked him with a bear hug. Seulgi who saw him coming, quickly dashed to outside to meet him. But before that, Minseok came out of nowhere and dashing to outside too. They kept pushing each other like it's a race for them on who will get to hug Luhan first.

Seulgi arrived first and and jumped on Luhan while screaming when Luhan was just coming out from his car caused his back to slam into his car. "Oppa!" Seulgi squeezed him tightly making him unable to breathe. Minseok then came and joined them and embraced Luhan tightly which totally suffocating for him.

"G-Guys! Le-Let me go! Ugh!" He begged because he struggled for air right now. They let him go and Luhan felt like his body is like a jelly after they let go of him. What was that? He had never been hugged like this before.

"Hyung, I miss you!" Minseok clung to Luhan's arm and dragged him when he wasn't ready to walk yet.

"Me too!" Seulgi followed the same action like Minseok and he almost stumbled because they seem like they didn't allow him to walk properly. Their moves were so fast that he couldn't catch up to match with their steps.

Both of them dragged him to the living room and literally pushed him to the sofa to sit. Minseok sat beside him closely without leaving any gap that even air couldn't pass through them.

"Auntie! Please make a coffee for Luhan oppa!" Seulgi shouted from here to order the maid to make a coffee for him. Then, she also sat beside him. Just like Minseok. Without leaving any space and Luhan's body was stiff as he couldn't move at all. He felt uncomfortable right now.

Luhan looked around the living room. Nothing's left on the wall now so he guessed that they are taking all their picture to there. At the corner, there was a large box assuming that all the things that Seo Jinhyuk wanted to bring were in there.

 

"Oppa!/Hyung!-" Minseok and Seulgi called him at the same time and began to talk something.

Luhan looked left and right in confusion because he didn't understand a single thing what are they talking about due to their overlapping voice.

"Yah! I want to talk to hyung first!" Minseok told to Seulgi but she doesn't want to give up as well.

"No! I said first so I talked first!"

And the bickering started. Seulgi pushed Minseok's shoulder and that action made Minseok annoyed. He grabbed her hand but Seulgi forcely released her hand from his grip and slapped his hand instead. Minseok retaliated back but so does Seulgi and it got worse when both of them pushing each other.

Meanwhile, Luhan stared at both of them blankly, feeling awkward with this situation but he doesn't like to see people fight so he must stop this. The thing is, he didn't know how to stop them. He was afraid if they hit him afterward.

 

He immediately held both of their hand so that they could stop slapping and pushing each other. "Guys! Stop this. You are siblings. You can't fight!" He adviced them.

Minseok and Seulgi crossed their arms while pouting before they turned their head away from each other with an irritated expression. Luhan found it hard to deal with this situation. He tried to comfort them so that they made up. At first they didn't listen but after a few tries, they give in. They faced each other and shook their hand with wearing a try-hard smile that Luhan had no idea whether they really mean their apology or not. Luhan was smiling but slowly turning into an uncomfortable one.

After making up, both of them turned to Luhan again. Their eyes that staring straight at him making him feel uneasy. Continuing from what they left, they talked to him at the same time again. Like before, Luhan couldn't catch what they were trying to say so he stopped them before he got a severe headache.

"Guys! I know I have two ears. Unfortunately, I can only hear from one mouth. So please let only one person talk." Luhan requested.

Minseok and Seulgi looked at each other again and Minseok asked Seulgi to go first but Seulgi told the opposite. And there it goes again. They expressed their dissatisfaction when both of them didn't listen to each other.

 

"Oppa, you go first because you're the eldest."

"No, you go first because you're the youngest."

Luhan covered his face with his palms while mentally swearing because they just don't stop squabbling with each other.

 


 

Luhan stayed for a dinner with Seo Jinhyuk and his family. There were a lot of things that they talked about especially for Minseok and Seulgi since they've already started their life in Osaka. Seo Jinhyuk complimented Luhan on his photobook production as well as his article that written about Seo Jinhyuk's family. While they were talking about something, Luhan decided to ask about his old company. Seo Jinhyuk just chuckled like it's not a big deal anymore. Indeed it is. He said that he had sold his company to other and now they are deciding on new name of the company but he already appointed the new CEO.

 

"I feel my shoulders are lighter now without those burden of works. I think I can enjoy my life to the fullest." Both of them laughed. Seo Jinhyuk looked happier now and Luhan thought that maybe now that he's free from any responsibility of the company, he looked younger now.

Then, Minseok told him about his unversity life there. At first, he had a lot difficulty to adapt the place because he is not good in Japanese yet but thankfully there were Koreans there who helped him to get used to the place and he had Korean friends there especially the one who resided there.

"I'm working hard to learn Japanese. Speaking wise, it's not that hard but the Kanji is really difficult." Minseok shared his thoughts about learning Japanese.

Luhan patted his shoulder because he understood very well on learning a new language. He was like that too. When he came to South Korea for the first time, he couldn't read or speak Korean but as he working hard to learn a new language, he made it. He also had to take a Korean class to learn the language.

"Don't worry. I know you can do it." He cheered him up.

After Minseok, Seulgi talked about the school there. Since she went to Korean school, it's easier for her to make friends with them. She said that she was so happy to have friends there because she was so clueless when she came there for the first time. The truth is she was so intimidated when she first stepped inside the school because she is a foreigner but turned out that there were a lot of Koreans there so she was no longer nervous. Not to forget, it seems like Seulgi has a crush on Minseok's friend.

"Oppa, Minseok oppa friends came to our house before and all of them are so handsome but one of them caught my eyes." Seulgi expressed her admiration towards Minseok's friend.

Minseok who heard that, quickly shook his head in disapproval. "I'm not going to let him date with this troublemaker!"

Seulgi flinched at her brother's statement and she knew how to retort that. "Oh well, should I tell Hana unnie that you like her? I should tell her that you stalked her SNS page everyday."

Minseok clenched his teeth at her threat. "You should keep quiet." That made Seulgi laughed so hard.

 

It's getting late now so Luhan excused himself to go home. The family gathered outside of the house to say goodbye to him as they are taking a flight tomorrow morning. Seo Jinhyuk gave a fatherly hug to Luhan and told him to take care of himself very well. Luhan was so touched with the words from Seo Jinhyuk. He really missed his father so much but he didn't have time to go back home to meet with his parents. Meanwhile, his parents are busy and they didn't have time to visit him too. Hearing from Seo Jinhyuk really reminded him of his father.

Seulgi is the next one and she was crying by the time Luhan said that he will leave now. While sobbing, she hugged Luhan tightly because she is going to miss him so much.

"Oppa, don't forget me. Don't forget us!" She sobbed while reminding him to remember about them.

Luhan let go of the hug and wiped off the tears that flowing through her cheeks with his thumb. "I won't forget you. Didn't you promise that you will call me every weekend?" Seulgi told him that she will call him on the weekend to cope with her missing towards Luhan. She nodded and wiped her tears away with her hand.

Minseok who was watching Seulgi crying, rolled his eyes because of Seulgi's action. "Why are you such a crybaby?" He poked fun at her making Seulgi to send a death glare to him.

Their bickering is so funny that it made Luhan chuckle. He turned to Minseok and opened his arms to hug him. Minseok gave a brotherly hug with Luhan gently caressed his back. "Minseok, take care of Seulgi. You're a good brother, right? I know that you will success in your life. Just work hard and you will get there." He gave a little adviced to Minseok. "Minseok?" He let go of him when Minseok didn't respond to him.

Minseok wiped his tears that fell from his eyes. The words from Luhan really touched his heart just like how Luhan felt from Seo Jinhyuk. Being an eldest of the family, it was his responsibility to take care of his siblings and he needs to be their role model aside from their parents to follow. Hearing from Luhan as someone who is older than him and someone who helped them a lot through the bad times, it makes him to say that he looks up to Luhan the most. He wants to be like him.

 

"Look who's crying here?" Seulgi mocked at Minseok because just now, he was making fun of her for crying but then, he is crying too.

Minseok glared at Seulgi before he said 'sorry' to her for that and after that, he pouted.

"There, there, don't fight! Both of you must get along well." Luhan comforted them.

"Don't fall for them. Sometimes they were just acting to get your attention." Seo Jinhyuk just revealed the truth about those two acting earlier and both of them whined at their father who told Luhan that they were just acting.

"What? So those fights aren't real?" Luhan asked in disbelieve. He couldn't believe that he was fooled by them thinking that both of them have a feud.

"Well, maybe yes or maybe not!" Seulgi timidly said. Not to long after that, both of them ran away from Luhan.

Luhan on the other hand, was chasing them because he has been successfully fooled by them. He was worried that their relationship will be tarnished because of their bickering. "You, two little brats! Come here! Stop there!" Luhan yelled while chasing both of them who were running together with their hands holding.

 


 

Luhan was lying on his bed while trying to sleep but before that he stared at Joohyun's photo. He missed her so much. He felt really lonely and he just couldn't stop thinking about her everyday. Every night before sleep, he will stare at her cute picture to ease his loneliness. Staring her picture alone made all his bad day disappeared and replaced with a smile. Besides that, he also looked at her picture every morning like she was greeting him with her cuteness to cheer him up before he started his day.

It was weird indeed but he couldn't help but to admit that her picture is like a lucky charm to him. Everything that happened to him nowadays is mostly filled with good things. But even with all those good things happened, he didn't have anyone to share all those stuff. He has Sehun obviously but Sehun couldn't beat Joohyun in terms of that.

He sighed while gazing her photo. He really missed her presence so much. His mind kept remembering during the time he was touching her hand on the last day they met each other. It's hard to believe that he touched her soft skin.

 

"I miss you, Joohyun. I hope that I can see you in my dream." He mumbled softly. He wished that everyday but she hasn't come yet. No matter what, he won't give up.

Then, he slowly started to feel sleepy so he put her picture beside his pillow because he was afraid that it will get lost. After that, he pulled the blanket and closed his eyes while facing to the picture before he drifted to dreamland.

 

Luhan felt like there is someone who is shaking his body trying to disturb his peaceful sleep. He groaned and pulled the blanket totally covering everything of him.

"Oppa didn't want to see me." A girl sulked because of Luhan's action.

Feeling familiar with the voice, he removed the blanket and opened his eyes to see whether the person who was in his mind is really there and she is there. It's Joohyun! He couldn't hide his smile after looking at her with a white dress and she was in front of his two eyes too.

"J-Joohyun?" He couldn't believe that it was her but he was so happy that he could see her face.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your beauty sleep. I'm going now." She felt bad for disturbing him so she will leave him but Luhan quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug. He expressed to her how much he missed her so much and he felt glad that he could touch her because he only touched her once. It felt so good to have this opportunity again.

 

"Why are you here?" He tried to ask but he was shaking in joy that he was stammering. He just couldn't contain his happiness.

Joohyun furrowed her brows while pouting because of his question. "Oppa said that you want to see me. Why did you ask that?" She surely listened to him everyday on how much he wanted Joohyun to appear on his dream and now she finally did, he asked a stupid question.

He let out a chuckle and no one knows how nervous he is right now. He was nervous because he was afraid that Joohyun will leave him and she won't be back and at the same time, he's just too happy with her appearance here and hoped that it is for a long time.

He motioned her to sit on his bed and he followed her by sitting next to her but still looking at her. Unlike a few months ago when they were met, she was so different right now. She was wearing a white dress with her long wavy hair up until her chest, her body proportion, her long legs, something that he didn't notice back then. Except for her long legs because of her school uniform but still he admired that. How come she's getting prettier than the last time? Did she grow up in heaven?

 

"Oppa, stop staring at me." Her cheeks showed a tint of pink due to Luhan's intense stare towards her. No one is giving that kind of stare to her before so she was blushing.

Luhan chuckled at her honest and innocent reaction. Even though she's getting prettier, she's still cute and innocent. Like Joohyun that he used to know. "You're so beautiful. I can't stop staring at you." He replied with an honest feeling and that making her blushed even more in which her cheeks turned completely red.

Joohyun saw her dreadful photo at the side of his bed and questioned where did he get that. She was furious to find out that her brother and sister gave that to her and was about to take it back but Luhan stopped her. She began to whine on how ugly she was in that photo but Luhan liked it. Seeing how sad she was, Luhan persuaded her that he really liked it and praised her that she looked so cute in this and told her to do it again but Joohyun was peeved with that. Luhan said sorry to her but he really meant it when he said that she looked cute.

They were talking happily and sometimes teased each other too. Because he was too overwhelm with her presence here, his hands kept holding her all the time and he didn't want to let go even just a little while.

 

Joohyun was leaning on his chest while Luhan gently caressed her soft skin of her arms with his left hand. She was pondering of something that what if she's still alive, will she meet him in the real world? She asked his opinion about that.

Luhan was wondering too. If she's still alive, will Joohyun become his love life? How they will meet each other? Their first meeting was at the Hope School and it was an unpleasant meeting. It took a while for him to warm up on her but he never thought that he would fall in love with a high school senior. It was such an unexpected moment for him.

Joohyun looked up to meet with his eyes but she was totally drawn with it. Looking at him with this close makes her heart beat racing because she couldn't help but to think how attractive he looked.

Seeing her in this close distance, he took an advantage to close the gap between their lips. It was the third time they kissed but second for Luhan to reply her kiss. He deepened the kiss and wrapped his hands around her waist while Joohyun's hands on his neck pulling him closer to deepen more and tilted their head to let their tongue enter their mouth.

Luhan's right hand slowly travelled down to her bare thigh and slid it under her skirt making Joohyun moaned with his action.

 

'Rrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg!!!!!!!'

 

Luhan woke up with a jump in shock after his alarm clock from his phone ringing loudly throughout the room. He was blinking blankly while trying to understand what's going on when he realized that everything that happened between him and Joohyun was just a dream. Well, obviously but that damn alarm ring just ruined his dream with Joohyun while they were kissing passionately! Bad timing, alarm! Bad. Timing.

The alarm rang again and he felt annoyed with the sound of his alarm because it interrupted his sleep. He didn't turn off the alarm even though he was irritated with it but in his head, he was thinking that the alarm was trying to mock him or something.

The alarm didn't stop ringing and feeling mad with it, he took his phone and threw somewhere until his phone was scattered into pieces and of course the sound has stopped because of that.

Luhan began to curse at his phone when the phone actually has no fault at all. He was the one who set the clock and that's why it rang to wake him up. After calming himself down, he sighed tiredly. But then, a smile slowly formed on his lips. He was so happy to meet with Joohyun after wishing for quite some time.

 

"Can you come again tonight, Joohyun? We need to finish what we started." He mumbled alone before he let out a cheeky chuckle with a naughty thought.

Aish, what a ert, Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 


Finally! I've finished this story. For my readers who were reading this story from the beginning till the end, thank you for patiently waiting for the update. I know that it's my fault for neglecting this story. I'm sorry. Thank you for everything. <3