Chapter 9

Ghost

 

 

Joohyun stared at Kyungsoo’s motionless body for a long time. Although she looks expressionless, deep inside her heart, she is mourning. But at least he will be together with her and their mother. She walked to his body and slowly closed his slightly opened mouth for his last breath.

She was too late. She was in dilemma which one she should save first; Luhan, the one that she loves, or Kyungsoo, her lovely brother. Hearing Luhan wanted to sacrifice himself, she rushed to Luhan first but had a bad feeling about Kyungsoo before she sprinted back to where Kyungsoo was placed. By the time she entered the room, Kyungsoo stabbed himself right before her eyes. It was horrible. She was speechless. Too many things that scared her to death happened in front of her.

 

She walked back to the room where Luhan was placed and Luhan still couldn’t accept the fact that Kyungsoo is dead. In front of his eyes too. He feels so helpless and tears stream on his cheeks. He knows that Joohyun is coming but he didn’t turn his head to her because he is deep in thought. At the same time, he wondered whether Joohyun knew about her brother’s fate.

Joohyun slowly pulls the needle that was attached on his arm but stops when he gasped while flinching in pain. “I’m sorry.” She whispered softly and tried it once again before the door was opened harshly by the same guy who attacked both Seulgi and Luhan. She assumed that he is also behind the ‘game’ that ended up losing her brother’s life. She couldn't see his face because he was wearing a mask. Ghost face mask to be exact.

That guy untied Luhan’s hands and even pulled the needle out making Luhan groaned because the pain is killing him so much. He gripped a handful of Luhan’s hair causing him to shriek. “This should teach you a lesson to not meddling other people’s business.” He paused for awhile before continued, “I want you to go home and don’t you dare to report this to the police. If you report it,” He takes something like a remote from his pocket, “I will press this button and Seulgi will die.” He warned him. “Do you get it?” He tightened his grip making Luhan shrieked again.

Luhan slowly nodded while panting really hard. Everything that happened to him is really fast that he couldn’t comprehend anything what that guy said. That guy pulled him and ruthlessly dragged him out of the house and pushed him to his car with no mercy. Luhan was too tired and he could barely stand up with his own feet. He feels so weak.

 

“Is there any question that you want to ask?” That guy asked.

“Where is Seulgi?” Luhan managed to ask in between his hard breath.

“She is fine if you didn’t do anything stupid. If you didn’t listen to me, the poison will slowly enter her bloodstream and within a second, her fate will be the same as her brother.” He said the last words before went back inside of the house.

Luhan doesn’t know what he should do now. Seulgi is in danger. He doesn’t want another Seo family to die. But what can he do? If he tried to save Seulgi, she will die. He really can’t think of anything right now. The memory of Kyungsoo is still fresh in his mind. He really wants to end all of this but how? Who is the one that willingly to help him to save Seulgi? And how does he want to tell Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok about Kyungsoo?

He sat on the ground while lamenting for Kyungsoo. That poor boy. He is only 16. Why does he have to die? Why does he have to die like this? Why does he have to die in cruel way? Why? “Kyungsoo, I’m sorry.” He couldn’t erase the image of Kyungsoo stabbing himself. He remembered so well how the blood flowed from his chest. He managed to hear his last breath. It was scary. It was really scary that he had to witness that horrible tragedy.

 

Oppa,” Luhan turned to Joohyun who was calmly calling his name like there is nothing happened. “You need some rest. Go home, oppa. I will be here with Seulgi.” She said softly with a blank expression which made Luhan wondered how she can be so composed and collected after her brother’s death. It’s really amazing how the Seo family have this kind of emotion. If only he can be like them but it’s impossible for him to mask all those emotion. It is too much for him to keep.

 


 

Luhan came out from the clinic for his arm treatment where the needle was attached to it. The doctor kept asking a lot of questions like how it ended up like this or is he injecting any liquid like drug or poison. He gulped after hearing the word ‘poison’. Yes, that jerk wants to kill him with poison if he didn’t kill himself. If only he could turn back the time, Kyungsoo would still be alive.

When he reached to his car, he saw someone familiar or more accurate, someone that he hates the most, someone that he doesn’t want to see. It is Jung Youngwan. Joohyun’s ex-boyfriend. The guy that used her as a bet to his friends. The guy that hurt his Joohyun.

But it doesn’t matter now. Joohyun likes Luhan now and she had already forgotten about Youngwan.

 

Youngwan smiled when he saw Luhan. He indeed wanted to meet him but he doesn’t know where to find him. It must be his lucky day today. He walked towards Luhan’s direction and Luhan showed an uninterested face and he feels like he wants to punch him to death for making his girl cried.

“Hello, mister! Do you perhaps remember me?” Youngwan began by asking him whether Luhan remembered him after their meeting in school.

‘Of course I remember, you dimwit!’ Luhan cursed in his mind without showing any smile on his face.

“I really want to meet you. I mean, I want to talk to you. It’s about Joohyun.” He revealed his intention to meet him.

Meanwhile, Luhan still didn’t show any reaction from the beginning but he expressed himself on how much he hates it when Youngwan mentioned Joohyun’s name. ‘Don’t you ever say her name from your filthy mouth!’ What else does he want to talk about her? He said it himself that he didn’t care about her anymore and even claimed that it is a good thing that she’s dead. No! Joohyun doesn’t deserve to die. Her ex-boyfriend is.

“I want to talk about what happened to her on the day she died.” He added.

That statement caused Luhan to open his mouth for the first time after their encounter. “You know how she died?” He queried.

“Well, I want to tell you about the killer but- uh,” He stopped his word while hesitating whether he should say this or not. “Let’s go to somewhere there are no people. Only two of us. If you don’t mind, can I come to your house? I would feel comfortable since it’s personal.” Youngwan suggested going to Luhan’s house to discuss about Joohyun.

 


 

Luhan agreed with Youngwan’s idea to discuss this matter in his house since it’s a bad idea to talk about anything regarding the Seo family in public. The current hot news of the country is about the Seo family. Many media were dying to dig the information of family background of Seo Jinhyuk since he avoided every question regarding his personal life and recently, it has been revealed to the media about his wife and two daughters. Hopefully they don’t reveal anything about Minseok and Kyungsoo. So far, no one knows about the two boys except Luhan in which he promised to them that he will keep it as a secret.

 

When they reached Luhan’s house, Luhan noticed that there is a brown envelope on his door with written there ‘URGENT’. He opened the envelope that filled with nothing except a CD in it. There is no writing everywhere on the CD and he had to check the envelope once again to find any paper or writing that would mentioned where is it from but to his disappointment, he found nothing. Who gave this CD to him and curious what’s inside of this CD?

He decided that he will watch it later because right now, he needs to talk with Youngwan about Joohyun.

 

Luhan asked Youngwan to sit on the couch at the living room while he prepared some coffee for both of them. Seeing the kitchen, he suddenly feels hungry since he didn’t eat anything from yesterday and he missed Joohyun’s cooking. How is she now? Has she found Seulgi? Is Seulgi fine?

He puts the cup on the coffee table in front of Youngwan while he took a sip on his cup before puts it on the table. “So, where do you want to start?” He is so eager to know about Joohyun’s killer. Does he perhaps know who is her killer? If he recalled his conversation with Seulgi yesterday, she stated clearly that Youngwan was there, at the ‘Hope Orphanage’, the place where Joohyun died and the place where Seulgi felt like she was attacked by someone.

 

“Luhan-shi, I think it’s better you take a look what’s inside the CD first since it’s urgent. It’s okay. I can wait.” Youngwan remembered that the envelope written there as an urgent thing to do. It might be his work and he thought that something that needs to do fast is should be his first priority.

Luhan blinked at Youngwan with his idea. Honestly, he doesn’t care what’s inside the CD because he wants to know who is Joohyun’s killer but since Youngwan mentioned that it is urgent, maybe he really needs to know what’s inside the CD after all. Who knows, it could be the kidnapper or killer did something to Seulgi?

Please, no! He couldn’t imagine what would be Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok feel about losing half of their family. They might mask their emotion but no one knows how they are actually felt inside.

 

Luhan opened his laptop and inserted the CD at the dining table while Youngwan remains at the couch in the living room. Once the CD has been inserted, it leads to video player and plays a video where he had no idea where is the place. As he observed the video closely, it looks like this video took place in a washroom. Why would the sender sent him this?

Then, there is a lady came in to the washroom and thought that she looks so familiar to him. He clicked backward to see her face clearly while trying to remember that face. After thinking for a long time, now he remembered. That lady is Son Eunseo.

He got it now. This is the missing footage of the CCTV at the airport’s washroom during Son Eunseo’s murder happened. He remembered that Sehun said that the tape was missing when the police tried to look for it and he was assuming that the killer took it. Could it be that this was sent by the killer? The killer knew that he was involved in this matter because he tried to save the Seo family but what’s the point if he sent this to him.

 


 

Seulgi shivered on the seat because of the cold wind blew and hit her bare skin. The kidnapper forced her to wear red lacy skater dress. The dress is sleeveless which makes her hands and legs cold. Ever since the day she was here, the kidnapper kept forcing her to wear red dress. She wondered what is so special with this red dress.

She whimpered again when she feels the coldness in her body and she can’t do anything right now. She was seated on a chair with her hands were tied to the handle of the chair and her arms was attached with needle and there is a bag of liquid hanging and there is also a timer beside her. Besides that, she was left in an open air which is why she was shivering.

She looks up at the sky and seems like it’s getting dark soon.

“Help me!” She hopelessly asked for help even though no one could hear her voice and begins to sob. She feels so lonely.

 

Without Seulgi knowing, Joohyun was there beside her all the time. She would never leave her alone. But she did not just stand there doing nothing. She was trying to figure out how to save Seulgi without her getting freaked out. She can’t see her. If she starts to make some move, Seulgi will be scared even more.

How is she going to tell her that she is here? She looked around the place but disappointed when she found nothing. That’s when she noticed something that could communicate her with Seulgi.

 

Seulgi panted while trying to endure the coldness surrounding her and that’s when she felt like there is something on her arm before she tried to look at what is it. It was a maple leaf. Then, the maple leaf flew to the ground in which she followed where does it fall before she screamed in shock and fear.

She was really surprised when the sand on the ground is forming a word.

 

Once it stopped, Seulgi read it once again before her eyes widened with the words.

 

SEULGI, IT’S ME, JOOHYUN UNNIE

 

Unnie? Is that really you?”

She looked at the sand again and the words earlier disappeared by the movement of the sand.

 

YES, IT’S ME. I WAS HERE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME

 

Seulgi began to cry because she feels guilty with what she had done. She doesn’t know how did her sister die but she blamed herself if she died on the last day she was with her.

“I’m sorry, unnie.”

 

Joohyun looks up and she was hurt to see her sister cried in front of her. “It’s not your fault, Seulgi.” She said although Seulgi couldn’t hear it at all.

Then, she erased the words and writes something.

 

WHO IS YOUR KIDNAPPER

 

Seulgi read it and shook her head indicating that she doesn’t who is the guy. “I really don’t know. He covered his face with a ghost face mask. It’s really scary.”

 

Joohyun sighed. None of them really know who is her and her mother’s killer. None of them know who is behind all these. Who are you and why did you kill us? She could only think that if her family has enemies, it would be her father.

Her father is a successful man and she is sure that there are some people who are envy with her father’s success and decided to take revenge. However, one thing that she doesn’t understand is why kill her and her mother? Why does the killer have to do all of this to bring her father down?

She looked to the right and noticed one room that has something inside. Most of the rooms here were left empty but not that room. Why she didn’t notice about that one particular room? However, she was curious what’s inside the room and wants to go there to take a look.

She turned to Seulgi and writes something on the sand.

 

SEULGI, I NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE FOR AWHILE

 

“No, no, no, no, don’t leave me, unnie!” Seulgi begged her sister not to leave her alone. She was really scared before and after knowing her sister was there with her, she relaxed a bit.

In the end, she gave up when Joohyun said that she wants to go into one of the room and she will be back.

 

Joohyun went inside one of the room that raised her curiosity. This room is quite small but there is a table and on top of it, there are piles of book, antique candle holders with candles on it but one thing that caught her eyes is that there are pictures with red tape were placed on the wall. She walks to the wall to take a closer look and one thing she noted was a picture of her father. Then, she found Minseok and Seulgi’s picture there too.

What is this? Why their pictures were there? The next thing she found is her picture with cross out which also marked on her mother and Kyungsoo as well. The cross out on their pictures could be indicating that they are dead.

It seems like the killer is really targeting her whole family.

 

Her eyes found a book on the table but it was not placed among the piles of book. It could be that the book is used by the killer and she really wants to know what’s inside the book. Who knows she might find her answer there.

She opened the first page of the book but she couldn’t understand what was written there since the writing is in cursive and the ink is faded too making it hard for her to read. She flipped the page mindlessly and stopped when she found a page where the writing is easily to read and it’s clear too.

She began to read and it looks like this book is a diary but her eyes widened after she found out something. Then, she flipped any pages and read the content. Her breath becomes so hard that she feels like couldn’t breathe. She flipped to the page where the recent entry of the diary was written which is yesterday but to her shock, she dropped the book while shaking herself.

Her head turned to the wall once again and she finally saw something.

 

“Luhan!” She ran out from the room in panic state.

 


 

What made Luhan surprised the most was that Seulgi’s homeroom teacher, Ms. Jung Seyeon came inside the washroom while carrying a bag. Once she saw Son Eunseo, she greeted her and he was assuming that they were talking. So Ms. Jung was actually lying when she said that she had never met with Eunseo. Luhan didn’t know what happened there because Eunseo is really tall that he almost couldn’t see Ms. Jung there but probably just talking.

After a few minutes of talking, both Eunseo and Ms. Jung gave a hug before Eunseo decided to leave when something unexpected happened that made him lost his words. Ms. Jung just pulled Eunseo and stabbed her on her stomach with a knife before she pulled out the knife and stabbed again on her chest.

Luhan is almost passed out after witnessing the second horrible tragedy in front of his two eyes. Now, he finally knows who is the killer of Eunseo. Does that mean Ms. Jung is also the killer of Joohyun? Is she the one who kidnap Seulgi? But why?

 

He tried to stand with using the table as support. He becomes so weak now. Everything around him is slowly turning blurry. With shaky legs, he managed to walk to the kitchen but with wall as the support. His hand tried to reach the glass and poured the water into it with his hands trembling which caused some of the water spill out from the glass. He quickly drank the water to calm himself down.

He can’t believe that he watched it. That footage reminds him so well about Kyungsoo. The image of Kyungsoo is still glued inside his head and now he just watched his mother received the same treatment like him although his mother was the first to die.

 

“Luhan-shi? Are you okay? Is there anything happened?” Youngwan asked from the living room after he realized that Luhan doesn’t seem to be in good condition.

“I-I-I’m okay. I am.” He stammered while answering. He said that he is okay but no one knows what he had just gone through for these two days.

 

With courage, he walked back to the dining table where his laptop was placed. He feels a little bit better now but his mind is still playing the scene between Kyungsoo and Eunseo.

He looked back at his laptop and currently there is no one there but the duration of the video is still long so he decided to backward the video and carefully enough not to repeat that scene again. He stopped when Ms. Jung dragged Eunseo in to one of the cubicles.

He waited and waited but there is no movement of anything. Not even any people come in to the washroom. Tired of waiting, he fast forwarded the video by 10 minutes and Ms. Jung came out from the cubicle with brand new clothes while still carrying the same bag. She used a cap to cover her face but he knows that her face can be seen clearly in the beginning of the video.

So now he has an answer about Eunseo’s killer. The question is why? Why Ms. Jung killed Eunseo? What’s the connection to everything? Ms. Jung is foster sister of Seo Jinhyuk. Eunseo is the wife of Seo Jinhyuk. Both of them are related to Seo Jinhyuk. Could it be that it’s because of Seo Jinhyuk? But what is the reason?

 

Click

 

Luhan heard a click sound and slowly turned to the left.

 

A gun. Was pointed to his head.

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for your response and I'm so happy that all of you want me to continue this story. I will try my best to finish this story. While I'm reading the plot, I realized that this story is almost come to an end. Hopefully you can read this until the end.

Oh by the way, Happy (belated) New Year, everyone! May 2016 will be filled with joy and good memories. Let's hope for the best until the end of the 2016. <3