Chapter 8

Ghost

 

“Seulgi, calm down. You can trust me. I know your family. Your father is Seo Jinhyuk, the CEO of SEO Architecture Company. Your mother is Son Eunseo and you have two brothers and a sister. Don’t worry. They know me.” Luhan tried to calm Seulgi who is in the other room.

Joohyun told him that Seulgi is in the other room and Seulgi could hear Luhan’s voice from her room so does Luhan could hear Seulgi’s voice in his room. That’s why Seulgi asked for help.

Luhan sat against the wall while listening to Seulgi’s pleading to save her but Luhan wants to know who is behind of all this. Besides that, he wants to tell the truth about what happens to her family especially about Joohyun and her mother.

 

“Do you know my family?” Seulgi asked for confirmation because it’s unusual for a stranger like him to know her family. Luhan answered her that he knows her family and even met them. “Do you know what happened to my sister? Joohyun?”

Luhan sighed. He knows that she is going to ask about Joohyun. “She- well, I’m sorry. She is dead.”

He heard Seulgi broke down in tears. She started to sob loudly thinking about her sister’s fate. “It’s my fault! It is my fault! I shouldn’t have taking her to take place. I’m so mad at myself.” She blamed herself.

“Why?” Luhan wondered why she said that.

“I found her boyfriend with other girl. I dragged my sister to follow him and we confronted him but I don’t know what happened but all of sudden my world turned black. When I woke up, I ended up here. I don’t know what happened to my sister.” She told Luhan.

“It’s not your fault, Seulgi.” Joohyun said to Seulgi although she couldn’t hear it.

 

“And your mother, she was killed brutally in airport after Joohyun’s death.” Luhan felt his heart was heavy to tell this horrible news to her. Losing two her family members in few days is definitely leaving the whole family leaving in fear.

Seulgi cried even harder when she lost her mother as well. The two female members in the family are gone. Now, she is the only one who left. She could feel that she will be the next target.

 

Luhan wants to know what exactly happened when to her. From what she said earlier, Seulgi was with Joohyun before her death. Maybe she knows something.

He waited until Seulgi calms herself down. She didn’t want to ask her now but even if he asked her after that, she will be emotional as well. Perhaps, she could mask her expression while telling everything. When Seulgi calms down, Luhan asked her to tell him everything.

Seulgi began her story starting how she saw Joohyun’s boyfriend, Jung Youngwan with other girl were making out each other. She couldn’t believe that he would do that. Because of that, she wants to tell Joohyun about it but knowing her sister so well, Joohyun wouldn’t believe what she says. She determined to drag Joohyun and followed Youngwan to the place where he and his girlfriend at.

Both of them followed the couple and they ended up in the ‘Hope School’. Seulgi said that Joohyun went to them and confronted Youngwan and his girlfriend. Joohyun cried when she found out the ugly truth and Youngwan even swore and cursed at her that made Seulgi angry.

Seulgi decided to protect Joohyun after he made her cry and insulted her. She retorted back at him. “While I’m mad at him, I felt at the back of my head hurt so bad like there is a blow. Then, all I can remember is that I’m here, alone.” Seulgi ended her story in confusion on why she is here.

 

So technically, Joohyun knew that Youngwan cheated on her when she was alive but she couldn't remember it after her death. However, there is something not right here. Joohyun, Seulgi, Youngwan and SoonAe were in the ‘Hope School’. Joohyun’s body was found there too. Does that mean that Youngwan and SoonAe involved with Joohyun’s murder?

 

“I hate him so much! I hate you, Jung Youngwan! You’re a bastard, jerk, and scumbag!” Seulgi screamed out loud cursing Youngwan.

 

BANG

 

A door was opened harshly from Seulgi’s room with a guy wearing a black-hooded jacket appeared. He went inside the room. Joohyun tried to observe that guy but unfortunately he wears a white mask completely covered his whole face.

Seulgi was anxious with the guy’s sudden appearance. Joohyun bet that he is the guy who kidnapped her and also the one who made Luhan unconscious. She is not sure if he is the one who killed her and her mother but if he is, she wants to know why.

 

“Help me!” Seulgi cried for help as she is close to the wall as if she could enter through it for an escape.

 

“Seulgi! What happened?” Luhan pounded his fist to the wall when he heard Seulgi’s voice like she is in danger.

 

Seulgi tried to fight with him but he is so strong that she was slapped by him until she passed out. The guy dragged her outside of the room. Joohyun was there and wants to help Seulgi but the slap from him to Seulgi making her froze in position. When Joohyun brought back to her sense, she quickly went outside of the room to follow them. Sadly, she lost to them. There is no sight of both of them at all. Joohyun was so disappointed with herself.

She went back to Luhan and when he saw her, he stands up to know what happened to Seulgi. “I lost them. I was so shock with what he had done to my sister.”

 

Luhan could see that on her face. A disappointment. He heaved a heavy sigh and slowly dragged his body down and sits with his back against the wall.

His face blanked while thinking about Seulgi earlier. He was so close to save Seulgi earlier and now he doesn’t know what to do. His phone is not here. Maybe that guy took it from him.

Luhan stared at the wall for a minute when he noticed something at the corner of the wall. He stands up and walks to the middle of the room to face that something that caught his eyes. It is a camera. Luhan thought maybe that the kidnapper watches his movement in this room.

 

“Hey! Are you watching me?” Luhan scoffed. “You’re going to get caught and I hope that you will go to the jail or even death sentence!” Luhan shouted at the camera while threatening him.

Suddenly, there is a voice coming from the intercom. The voice sounds like the pitch has been changed. “Do you think I deserved that? I think there is someone who deserved more.” Luhan surprised when he is communicating with the kidnapper. Or the killer.

“Where is Seulgi?”

“Don’t worry! She is fine. If only you didn’t do anything stupid.”

Luhan clenched his fist to hold himself from rage. That kidnapper doesn’t answer his question. “What did you do this?” Luhan wants to know why. Why he kidnapped Seulgi?

The voice laughed in a very evil way. “Do you want to know that? It is better that you don’t know at all. I don’t want you to feel regret for helping the wrong people.” The voice laughed again.

He is helping the wrong people? The Seo family is the one who caused everything? But that doesn’t mean he has the right to take a revenge to kill them.

 

“At least they don’t kill people. What about you? You’re pathetic, crazy, insane, psycho, and lunatic.” Luhan said word by word.

 

BANG

 

Just like Seulgi, the same guy appeared once again. This time, he brought a baseball bat. Within a second, he swings the bat and knocked Luhan until unconscious. Joohyun gasped once again after she saw a violent action in front of her eyes for two times.

 


 

 Luhan opened his eyes and groaned. His head feels so dizzy maybe from the hit with a baseball bat from that psycho. He wants to touch his head but he felt like he couldn’t move his hands. It is like there is something stopping him.

He blinked to adjust the light and to clear his sight. When he can see clearly, he realized that he was sitting on the chair with both of his hands were tied on handle. He tried to move his hands but only his right hand is able to move because the handle is movable. He moves the handle but stopped along with a gasp from him.

On his right hand, there is a sharp blade pointed towards right to his heart after he moved his hand. Luckily, he realized it and stops it immediately. If not, he would have stabbed himself. He looked his left hand where his sleeve was rolled up until his upper arm and there is a needle attached to his arm. There is a tube attached to it and he followed the tube until his eyes reached to the bag of liquid hanging on the pillar.

 

“Now, both of you are awake.” A strange voice was heard. It was the same voice that Luhan talked to. “I want you to look at the screen in front of you.”

Luhan didn’t realize that there is a screen in front of him because he was too busy to understand what’s going on to him. The screen was on and Luhan’s eyes widened when he saw a person that he knows on the screen.

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

Hyung! What’s going on here?” Kyungsoo asked Luhan in confusion.

 

Luhan saw Kyungsoo on the screen with similar situation like him. He was tied and there is a blade on his right arm and a needle attached on his left arm as well as a bag of liquid. He couldn’t believe in his eyes that right now Kyungsoo is ‘in front’ of him with this kind of state.

 

“How did you come here?” Luhan wondered how Kyungsoo even came in the first place.

“Mr. Li, our family driver. He picked me up from school as usual but he brought me here. I asked him why we come here and he dragged me out and punched me.” Kyungsoo explained.

Luhan surprised to know that the person who worked for his family done that. Mr. Li probably involved in this or he might be an accomplice.

Hyung, what happened?” Kyungsoo asked him.

“Kyungsoo, I found Seulgi.” Kyungsoo smiled after Luhan said that. “But I lost her. The kidnapper took her somewhere.” Kyungsoo’s smile faded. “I’m sorry.” Luhan apologized to him for disappointed him.

 

“Now, now, this is not the time for your beautiful reunion.” The voice interrupted them with sarcastic words. “But it’s time for a game!” He announced happily.

A game? What kind of game? Does their situation right now look like a game to him? What is he going to do with them?

“The name of the game is ‘Who will die first?’”

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened after hearing the name of the game. That makes sense now. The blade that is on their hand is for them to stab themselves but what about the needle and the liquid?

 

“I will tell you the rules of the game.” He stopped before telling the rules. “As you can see, there is a blade on your right hand and a needle on your left hand. This game is easy. Both of you were given 30 seconds and one of you has to stab yourself to death.” Both of them were breathless when they heard the rules. “If you failed to do it for 30 seconds, the poison will enter your body and both of you will die.”

 

Luhan looked at the bag of liquid that was hanging there. It is the poison. He wants them to die or at least one of them. He gritted his teeth. Why he is so cruel? This is too much for him and the Seo family. What is he going to do now?

 

“The 30 seconds starts now. Enjoy this game!” He announced.

 

The timer showed the 30 seconds and it starts to countdown. Both Luhan and Kyungsoo tried to stop this by pulling themselves to release but failed. Luhan had a thought of this. What should he do now? Obviously they don’t want to die but they will die even if they don’t want to. One of them has to sacrifice. Kyungsoo? Add another pain to Seo family?

The timer now has almost reached 15 seconds. “Kyungsoo,” Luhan called Kyungsoo softly. Kyungsoo looked at him with anxious face. Luhan took a deep breath before he said, “I will do this.”

“No!” Kyungsoo disagree.

“I have to do this or else both of us will die!” He insisted. Kyungsoo shook his head slowly. His tears threatened to fall.

Luhan took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He gripped the blade tightly and slowly moves his hand towards his heart.

 

Hyung,” Kyungsoo called him softly.

 

Luhan stopped upon hearing Kyungsoo’s voice like there is something stopping him. He opened his eyes and saw Kyungsoo’s face in calm.

“Without you, Seulgi won’t be safe. There will be no justice for Joohyun, my mother,” He stopped but it looks like he wants to continue his words. “-and for me.”

 

“Kyungsoo, no!”

 

Luhan’s eyes widened and his mouth was wide opened when he saw Kyungsoo stabbed himself. He froze in shock. He wants to turn back the time. He shouldn’t have listened to him when he called him. He would’ve stabbed himself really fast so that Kyungsoo will be saved.

The handle of the chair was pulled back forcefully and when Luhan tried to pull it, he couldn’t. Luhan looked at the timer and it stopped exactly 5 seconds before times up.

Luhan watched as Kyungsoo slowly breathing his last breath before he dies. His tears fell from his eyes. His heart hurt so much. Why does he have to be the one? Why him? Kyungsoo is only 16 years old. It is unfair for him to die like this.

Luhan watched Kyungsoo until he closed his eyes and became motionless. The screen was turned off making Luhan screamed loudly.

 

“No!” Luhan burst in tears as he shouted out loud due to Kyungsoo’s death.

 

 

 

 


I'm sorry for the late update because I was so busy. My exam starts next week so I don't have time to update this. Besides that, I feel discourage to continue this story. I'm sorry for that. I will try to update this.