Chapter 11

Ghost

 

"Seulgi!" Luhan screamed and a rush of blood to his head when he saw Seulgi is motionless on her seat. He ran to her and called her name repeatedly while tapping her cheeks with a hope that she would awake. He shook her shoulder as he didn't want to believe that she is dead.

Then, the police along with the paramedic came to the place. Luhan told them about what happened to Seulgi and decided to bring the police to here so that they could save Seulgi. He also asked them to call an ambulance just in case Seulgi was poisoned. A paramedic ordered Luhan to move so that the paramedic team could check on Seulgi.

Not too long after that, Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok came and though they didn't express it, Luhan knew they were worried about her and hoping that she's safe. Suddenly, he remembered about Kyungsoo. How is he going to tell them about Kyungsoo? Soon after that, Sehun and Mr. Kim arrived there. They wanted to follow because of Luhan and they didn't want anything happened to him once again.

 

"Her pulse is still here. We need to bring her to the hospital very fast!" A paramedic declared.

Luhan exhaled a deep breath after hearing that Seulgi is still alive. He turned to Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok to see their reaction but they didn't give much reaction and he knew very well that both of them were glad that Seulgi is alive and can be saved. One of the paramedics brought a stretcher and they placed Seulgi on it before taking her to the ambulance.

 

"There is another one here." Luhan said making everyone turned to him. He sensed that Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok were staring straight at him while waiting for him to say something. He wasn't sure how to explain to them about Kyungsoo's death and how they would react when they know that it was his fault for letting Kyungsoo to die.

 


 

Two paramedics carried Kyungsoo's dead body to the stretcher before pushing it to the outside of the room. Luhan was standing beside Seo Jinhyuk and Minseok but slightly behind them so that he could eyed them and their reaction. As expected, they don't react anything except for staring at Kyungsoo before the paramedics dragged the stretcher leaving the three of them and invisible Joohyun who was standing beside Minseok to mourn for Kyungsoo.

After Kyungsoo was taken out, Seo Jinhyuk sighed and Minseok bowed his head while closing his eyes. Since only three of them here, they were showing their expression a little. Although not much, it still showed that they were very sad with the loss. Three down, and Seulgi's fate is undecided but if that ambulance is fast enough, Seulgi would be safe.

 

They were about to leave the room but Luhan knelt in front of them and they were surprised with his action.

"I'm sorry." Luhan started but the two were confused with his words. "I was the reason for Kyungsoo's death. I should've died instead of him." His voice cracked and his tears fell from his eyes. He was struggling to continue his words. "That bastard made us to choose which one of us to die or both of us are going to die." He stopped for a while and gulped his saliva before continued. "I was supposed to die. I've made up my mind but he stopped me. I shouldn't have stopped when he called me. I'm sorry." Luhan bowed his head with tears flowing through his cheeks.

Seo Jinhyuk pulled him to stand before staring straight into his eyes. "What were his last words?" He asked curiously.

Luhan said softly and slowly let out his words, "He said that 'without me, no one can save Seulgi, no one will find justice for Joohyun, his mother, and-" He paused for a second before ended the sentence, "-him." The scene of Kyungsoo stabbed himself was playing in his mind and he couldn't erased that terrified memory from his head. He didn't want to remember that. Please stop!

Seo Jinhyuk didn't say anything except nodding his head after hearing what were Kyungsoo's last words. "I'm proud of Kyungsoo." He said before he and Minseok left the room.

Those words from Seo Jinhyuk were totally caught Luhan off guard and bewildered. Sometimes, he understood the Seo family for being like that but he didn't expect that Seo Jinhyuk would say that. It's like he didn't mind that his son is dead. If other people were here, they might get a wrong idea about Seo Jinhyuk's reaction to everything.

 

"My father didn't mean that way. Imagine if you're the one who die, the rest of them will die eventually. Kyungsoo sacrificed himself so that you can save Seulgi. And Minseok oppa too. Probably my father as well." Joohyun told him as she could read his mind of what he was thinking. Basically, Joohyun answered his doubt without him opened his mouth.

That does make sense but it still unacceptable for him. However, he can't blame himself for that. The one who should be blame is Youngwan. Or Miss Jung.

"I'm glad that you're safe. Miss Jung is planning to kill you." Joohyun said.

Luhan turned to Joohyun in surprise. How did she know that? Perhaps she knew that Miss Jung killed her mother? Speaking about Miss Jung, he wondered where is she and what she is doing now? There were a lot of things that he needs to know. A lot of secrets to unfold. But first he needs to know something about Seo Jinhyuk and Miss Jung's relationship. Is Youngwan their love child? However, he needs a great time to ask that. This is not a good time to ask as they just lost another family member.

 


 

Luhan walked towards Sehun and Mr. Kim and they were waiting for him too. It was really awkward because both of them had no idea his relation to Seo Jinhyuk except maybe Sehun but it's hard to explain to Mr. Kim about this. Sehun grabbed his left arm causing him to flinch in pain making both of them wondered and questioned it.

"It's nothing. Just a slight pain." Luhan didn't want them especially Sehun to worry about him.

However, Sehun didn't buy that excuse and pulled his sleeve revealing a bandage there. Sehun demanded an explanation but Luhan avoided it and denied everything of what Sehun asked. He is too tired to explain to him after what happened to him.

 

"Well, Luhan-shi. I don't know what you've been through but I think you should rest. I will give you a week off and I will cancel the task that I gave to you. Maybe I can tell Mr. Park to cancel the task that he gave to you too." After seeing his condition, Mr. Kim decided to pull out his task as it almost took his life today. He couldn't bear to see one of his staffs in danger while doing his job.

However, Luhan disagreed with that. His job, his responsibility. He can't let go his responsibility especially Mr. Kim's task that involves with his interest which is photography. "It's my job. I'm going to do it no matter how risky it is." He insisted.

 

When they were about to leave, they heard a familiar voice coming out of nowhere.

 

"Well, well, well! That's so sad of you losing your own son, your daughter, and your wife too." She was Jung Seyeon.

Once Seo Jinhyuk realized that Jung Seyeon was there, he immediately went to her and pushed her to the wall while shouting at her angrilly. "Are you crazy? Why did you kill my family? I won't forgive you for everything that you've done!"

Jung Seyeon let out an evil laugh after looking at Seo Jinhyuk who was mad at her for killing his family. Family? That was the most irritating thing that she ever heard. She didn't want him to claim that's his family. "You're the one who left me alone after what have you done to me! I was suffering alone and you were happy with your so called family?"

Everyone was quiet and didn't mutter anything. They didn't want to interrupt the two of them but at the same time, they wanted to know what's going on with those two. Luhan knew about everything but he needs confirmation from Seo Jinhyuk and he sensed that Jung Seyeon will mention about Youngwan.

 

"Why did I kill Eunseo? Because I hate her for taking you from me! Why did I kill Joohyun and Kyungsoo? Both of them reminded me of Eunseo. Seulgi? Well, I haven't kill her yet." She stated.

That means Seulgi is still alive? What a relief! But why she didn't kill her right away? It's not that Jung Seyeon was supposed to kill her but she killed Eunseo, Joohyun and indirectly killed Kyungsoo without hesitation. However, she did mention that she hadn't killed Seulgi. Yet! Meaning, she intended to kill her anyway.

"I will kill her and Minseok in front of you. Then, you and I will be together without a trace of Eunseo in your life." She smirked.

Luhan felt like his arm was tugged by someone and turned. Minseok was holding his arm and his face obviously showed that he was scared with Jung Seyeon's words. He embraced Minseok warmly and gently caressed his back to calm him down. "Don't worry. I will not let her touch you and Seulgi." He said to assure Minseok that he is safe under his arms.

 

Seo Jinhyuk lost his patient and strangled her neck angrily shocking everyone but none of them stopped Seo Jinhyuk from his action.

"You're delusional! I never had a feeling for you! I only see you as my sister! Nothing more than that!" He let out his outburst. He had no idea on how did she ever thought about him falling in love with her. That was absurb.

However, Jung Seyeon didn't want him to get away with this and decided to threaten him. "I will reveal to the press that we slept together before and even have a son! You will be ruined!"

Despite of her threat, Seo Jinhyuk released her neck and gave a laugh as if it was the funniest thing ever but for him, it was. "Slept? Are you sure that it was me? Let me tell you something, Seyeon." He revealed the truth of that one night. "20 years ago was our high school reunion and I believed that you still remember Kim Hyunbin, your ex-boyfriend? That night, Hyunbin took advantage of you after you got drunk and everyone knew it because they thought that you and him were still together. Hyunbin did it because he wanted to take revenge of you for breaking up with him."

Jung Seyeon didn't want to believe that. She was sure that it was Seo Jinhyuk. However, he denied it and gave reasons to claim that it wasn't his fault and he had nothing to do with her ruined life.

"Stay away from my family! I will call the police to arrest you." He warned to her before he turned and walked to the opposite direction.

 

Meanwhile, Jung Seyeon still didn't want to believe although the truth had been told. She was furious and while looking at Seo Jinhyuk, she took out a gun and pointed to Seo Jinhyuk. Her action surprised everyone but Seo Jinhyuk was oblivious with it. Luhan and Joohyun immediately went to Seo Jinhyuk to protect him. Luhan managed to push him to the side while Joohyun was standing in front of her father to prevent him from getting shoot.

 

'BANG'

 

Joohyun shut her eyes tightly once the gunshot was heard. She felt really scared and her heart beat rapidly that it felt like it was going to jump out from her chest. She slowly opened her eyes once she regained her composure. She was standing still and began to check herself. Gladly she was not injured but then, she just realized something and a shocking expression appeared on her face.

She quickly turned around and saw Luhan behind her who was looking at her in pain. Her eyes directly went to his hands who were clutching his stomach before she realized that it were covered with blood. The bullet hit Luhan that passed through her.

Luhan fell to the ground and everyone, including Joohyun, quickly surrounded him who was whimpering in pain. His eyes were looking at everyone who was watching him in worried and shocked but his eyes stopped at one particular girl who was kneeling next to him that nobody knew her existence.

He smiled at Joohyun. "See. You. Soon." He said his last words to her before he closed his eyes.

 

The police arrived at the scene and they arrested Jung Seyeon. Meanwhile, the paramedics took Luhan to the hospital.