Kris' PoV

Our First Meeting

Dddrrtt... Dddrrttt...

1 new message. I tap on it and smile after reading the sender’s name.

 

From: My Deer Xiao Lu

Yah, Monster Galaxy! Don’t call me pretty because I’m manly! >:(

 

Ppppffft! Manly you said.

 

Send to: My Deer Xiao Lu

Oh, really? I don’t know you’re manly :O Show me your manliness tonight, ok? ;)

 

From: My Deer Xiao Lu

Fine! I’ll show you! And you’ll regret for calling me pretty >:)

 

I only smile at the message then I continue playing game on my cellphone. I am on the way to the place where I will attend the press conference for my first movie with my manager driving the car.

“Yifan ah,” my manager called my name. “Xu Jinglei has invited us to have dinner together with the staffs and the cast of her movie after the press conference.”

“Oh, really?” I responded with an uninteresting tone. I focus with my game instead of listening what he said. Just a little bit more, I will...

“We can go, can’t we?”

“Argh!!!” I groan as I throw my cellphone on the seat next to me. I lose the game!

“Yah! Yifan ah, you’re not listening to me, are you?” asked my manager with an upset tone.

I sigh heavily then I look at my manager through the rear view mirror, giving him all of my attention this time. “I’m listening to you just now,” I said. “I heard you talked about dinner. What kind of dinner? When?”

“It’s an ordinary dinner with the cast and the staffs of Xu Jinglei’s movie. If I’m not wrong, it’ll be at 6 p.m., this evening.”

“This evening? Too bad! I’ve made a plan for my own dinner with my friend,” I answered. “I’ll tell her that I can’t have dinner with them.”

“Wait! How could you make a plan without my knowledge?”

“It’s simple. Because I knew I would be free after this schedule. Come on, be kind with me this time! Don’t be strict.”

“Yaaah... I’m always kind with you,” my manager said. “By the way, who’s your friend?” he asked curiously. “Do I know him?”

I nod as I hum and smile broadly in response. “He’s famous indeed,” I said.

“A man or a woman?” my manager asked me again.

“A man,” I answered simply. “I don’t have female friend nowadays. Well, I have some, but they’re all just work-related friends that I’m not really close with.”

My manager laughs. “Too bad! You’re handsome, but no woman around you.”

I huff and roll my eyes. “Yeah, yeah... Whatever! I focus only with my carrier now.”

My manager scoffs me again, but I pretend not to listen. I look out the car window while my mind is thinking about what outfit I will wear for the dinner. I’m  kind of excited to meet Luhan again, My little Princess (please, don’t tell him about this Princess thing or he will be mad with me again after the pretty thing). It will be our first dinner for so long.

Uncontrollably, my mind reminds me of the day I met Luhan and the other members of EXO for the first time. Man, I thought he was a girl! His face looked like a doll and his long hair looked like a silk. He was perfectly pretty. Yeah, that was my first impression to him.

Luhan was a social butterfly who could easily get along with the other members. It did not need a long time to make the members love him, especially our K’s maknae, Sehun. That little kid even said that Luhan was his twin brother because they looked a like. It was a nice thing that both of them were separated into M and K groups. Honestly, I did not like to see them clinging like a couple. I do not know why even until now.

It was raining cat and dog when the dance practice was over and it was time for us to go home. I did not bring an umbrella, so I asked every trainee in our agency’s building to lend me his or her umbrella. I was hopeless when I could not get one, but a miracle came to me. There was F(X)’s Amber approaching me after she came out of the practice room. I asked her whether she brought an umbrella or not and I cheered happily when she said yes and wanted to lend me one.

After having an umbrella in my hand, I went to the lobby and I saw Luhan, who was about to go outside. I called him then I offered him to take him home because he did not have an umbrella with him. After minutes later, he agreed my offer.

“I’m sorry, Kris, for thinking about you in a bad way,” Luhan said weakly, but it was still audible in my ears when we were walking to the bus shelter under the umbrella.

I frowned confusedly. “What did you think of me?” I asked curiously.

“Well, I thought you were only a cold guy, but I was wrong,” Luhan answered. “Why do you always put that cold expression on your face? Don’t you know it will make people judge you like the way I did?”

I chuckled after I heard that questions. “People can judge me whatever they want, in a bad or a good way... I don’t care!” I said in response to his questions as I smiled at him. “Anyway, I’m not an extrovert person who will open up everything about me. No. I’m a kind of person who keep everything for myself.” I did not know why I could tell Luhan about it.

“You can share with me,” Luhan said as he looked at me with a warm smile. Ah, maybe that was why I could tell him about my personality. He made me feel comfortable talking with him and I started to think that he could be trusted.

“I don’t know,” I said with a thoughtful look but I was only teasing him. “We just met today. Can I trust you?”

“Of course you can trust me!” Luhan said. “Maybe if I could be your close friend, you could trust me then, couldn’t you?”

I nodded. “Maybe. But why do you really want to be trusted by me?”

“Because you’re a warmest person I’ve ever met and I’m interested in.”

“Huh? You’re interested in me?” I asked in surprise.

Luhan nodded.

I did not ask for more because I was too surprised with his words. After that, we walked in silence at the rest of the way to the bus shelter. That day, I started to get along well with him and I was so happy to meet him.

“Stop daydreaming, Yifan ah!” My manager makes me come into my sense again. “We’ve arrived.”

 

***