Eli's PoV

Our First Meeting

I just arrive in my hotel room when I have finished the rehearsal for the audition of the female lead for my upcoming Chinessedrama. I am so tired that I want to sleep, buy my hand reaches out for my cellphone on the table. Sometimes, my brain and my body can’t work in team. I unlock my phone and I frown as I see one missed call from Kevin. That boy was calling me when I did the rehearsal. I decide to call him.

Tttuuutttt… Ttuuuuuutttt…

Damn! He does not pick up my call! I groan as I throw my cellphone on the pillow besides me, but seconds later I reach it again and start to type a message.

 

Send to: My Princess Kevinie

Hey, Kev! What’s up? Sorry I could not pick your call up because I was in the rehearsal time. I tried to call you back, but you didn’t pick it up… :( Is there something important you wanted to talk to me?

 

After that, my eyes stop at the wallpaper of my cellphone. It is the photo of Kevin and me,which was taken years ago. We did not take a lot of picture of us, but I keep them well in the gallery of my cellphone. I smile as I see Kevin’s smile in the photo. That angelic smile always makes me want to smile too whenever I see it.

Do you want to know the story about our first meeting? Well, I was surprised when I found him out that he could speak in English because he was fluent speaking in Korean too on that day, our first day meeting. I asked him to be my Korean teacher and he agreed it. I could not describe my feelings at the time, but I was so happy. Living alone as a foreigner in a foreign country was not easy at all, plus I could not speak Korean well. So, it felt like a miracle to me when I found an angel-like human, Kevin, agreeing to teach me Korean. Since then, I used to follow Kevin everywhere and we could get along well. I did not know but there was something I felt match between us that made me feel comfortable with him. Maybe it was because we had an experience living in abroad?

In our trainee days, I used to live with our manager because we did not live in the same dorm, but whenever our manager was not home, I asked Kevin to stay with me. Even until now when I have my own apartment, I still ask him to stay. I need friend to talk to and I am not a kind of person who likes being alone. That’s boring!

One day, I saw Kevin collapsed for the first time after practice. Everyone panicked then we tried to make him conscious, but he remained unconscious. Suddenly, our manager came into the room and he was surprised to see Kevin collapse. “Why didn’t one of you know that he wasn’t well?” he asked in upset tone as he checked on Kevin. “Gee! He’s so hot. Eli yah, bring the towel in my locker and wet it a bit. Hurry!”

I did what our manager told me and went back to the practice room with the half-wet towel in my hand. I was confused when I found only our manager and Kevin in there. “Where are the others?” I asked as I gave him the towel.

“They’re in the meeting room, discussing about you guys debut,” our manager answered then put the towel on Kevin’s forehead. “You should go there too, Eli yah. I’ll take care of him,” he said.

“No, hyung. Let me be with him until he comes into his sense,” I refused. “You should be there too, shouldn’t you?”

“Yeah. Well, take care this kid, okay?” he said before leaving us.

I looked at the unconscious Kevin with worry. It was so heart-breaking moment to see him being weak like that and I did not like it. I wanted him to be health again, so I could see his smile. After who knew how long I waited for his conscious, Kevin woke up finally. We talked a bit and for the first time I saw the tear fall onto his cheek. I did not know, but I hated to see it. I did not want to see him cry again because it made my heart break into pieces. I wiped the tear then I caressed his cheek and told him not to get sick again. Minutes later, Kevin wondered if he could hug me and without wasting time I gave him a warm hug. That was our first hug and it felt so right. I was happy for being with him and I did not want to loose him from my life. I swore with myself on that day that I would not leave him and I would take care of him well.

Dddrrrttt… dddrrrrttt…

My cellphone is vibrating in my hand that makes me come into my sense after who knows how long I have been zoning out. There is one new message from My Princess Kevinie. It’s from Kevin! I don’t know why I feel so excited the time I received that message. I hurriedly tap on it to open and read it.

 

From: My Princess Kevinie

Sorry for not picking up your call because my cellphone was in my bag and it was in silent mode :( Let’s meet, Eli yah! I miss you… tell me the hotel you’re staying. I’m in the airport waiting for my flight to your place :)

 

My eyes go wide after reading it. He’s waiting for his flight to my place? He’s going to my place? Today?To China?Seriously… This kid is sometimes full with surprise. I press his number to call him and I do not have to wait longer like before. “Why so sudden, Kev?” I ask after I hear his voice greeting for me.

Kevin chuckles on the other line. “That’s why it’s called a surprised visit,” he says. “Why? You don’t want me to visit you, do you?” his voice sounds sulky and I can imagine he is pouting right now.

“No, it’s not like that,” I answer. “If you told me earlier, I would prepare myself well to meet you.”

“Then just prepare yourself start from now,” he says. “Give me your address and I’ll be there soon.”

I sigh, but I smile with happiness. I am going to meet him today! My day will be fun. “Alright, I’ll send it to you,” I say. “Be careful and have a safe flight, My Princess!” and without waiting for his response, I tap on the end button. I know he does not like it when I call him Princess, but it is his fault for having that beautiful face. I chuckle as I imagine his red upset face after hearing that Princess name.

 

***