Kevin's PoV

Our First Meeting

I sigh heavily as I lean my back on the passenger seat. I feel so tired after recording for a show of tv channel. I’m not alone in the car. There is our manager who is in charge of driving. He looks at me through the rear view mirror and asks, “Was it fun?”.

I frown confusedly at him. “What was fun?”

“Your schedule, duh! What else?”

“Oh…” I nod then I massage my temple. “Yeah, it was fun yet tiring too,” I answer. “There’s no schedule after this, hyung?”

“Wait for a minute!” Our manager takes his cellphone from the car dashboard then he taps its screen for times. “There’s no schedule. You’re free,” he answers and I respond it with a relief sigh. “Why? Do you want to do something?” he asks curiously.

“I don’t have any idea yet,” I admit. “But your idea sounds good. I want to do something with Soohyunhyung, Kiseopie, Eli, Hoonie, and our baby Junie.” Without my knowledge, I smile as I think about that idea. It’d be fun though doing something together and it’s been a long time we did not do something like that. “Where are they by the way?”

“They are all having their free day today at their houses maybe, except Eli,” our manager answers. “You know, he’s been busy with his new activity as an actor for his upcoming chinesse drama in China. I hope he could take care of himself there.”

I only nod in respond. Ellison Kim Kyoung Jae… My mind suddenly thinks about him, my longest and closest friend after Kibumhyung. Oh my… I miss him! I look for my cellphone in my bag then I call Eli after I have found it.

Ttuuuuttt… ttttuuuttt…

Damn! Eli does not pick up my call! I groan with frustration as I put my cellphone back into my bag. I sigh heavily then I look out the car window. What are you doing right now, Eli yah? Don’t you miss me like I do just now? My mind is busy thinking and worrying about him. Why could I? Because he means a lot to me.

I remember the day I met him for the first time. I was in our agency’s building and was about to have vocal practice when our manager asked me to go to the practice room number two. He told me that there was a boy in there, my band-mate to be, and asked me to get along with him well.

I was wondering what kind of person he was as I entered the room. And there he was, sitting on the chair with his back faced me. I cleared my throath to catch his attention and it was success. He turned his body over me and smiled faintly at me. I gave him my warmest smile in response then I slowly approached him. “Hello!” I greeted him cheerfully. “My name is Kevin. You’re going to be added in our group, aren’t you? We will be band-mates, won’t we?”

Eli looked uneasy on his seat as he looked at me with nervous. “M-my… my name is Ellison… Ellison Kim Kyoung Jae,” he said, stuttering.

“Nice to meet you, Eli yah!” I did not know why but I started to give him that nickname, that soon he would be known with that name. “You know, I won’t bite! Don’t be too nervous,” I said, trying to make Eli relaxed with me.

“I-I’m… I’m sorry, but…” Eli stuttered again. “But… can you speak in English?”

My jaws dropped after hearing his request. So, that’s why he felt uneasy when I started to talk to him? Oh my God! My eyes blinked blankly as I looked at the shamefull Eli. Have you guys seen him when he’s ashamed of himself? Man, he’s just too cute to resist even though he’s really manly-looking guy! “Why didn’t you ask me earlier?” I asked as I slapped Eli’s upper arm lightly. “Of course I can speak in English. I grew up in America and lived in there for years.”

Eli’s eyes widened as he heard my fluentEnglish speaking. “Gee! I don’t know about that,” he said in amusement in English. “I thought you were native. Kevin is your real name?”

I nodded. “It’s Kevin Woo Sung Hyun for detail,” I said.

“Do you want me to be my Korean language teacher then?” Eli asked. “Because… you know, I can’t speak Korean well. How’s it?”

I looked at Eli for a while before I answered it. “Yes, sure.Why not?” I replied as I smiled at him widely.

As the time passed by, we could get along very well. We used to be together wherever we went to somewhere. I used to translate Korean he did not understand and he used to be my great friend. I’ve told you that Ellison Kim Kyoung Jae means a lot to me, haven’t I? Do you want to know why? I’ll tell you right away!

It was midday when I arrived in our agency’s building. I was not feeling well at the time, but I forced myself to have practice with my band-mates. It was three days before our official debut, so we needed to practice more. As I arrived in the practice room, my band-mates greeted me and asked me to prepare myself in hurry because the dance practice would be started soon.

I felt my head became heavier when the dance practice was about to end. At the end of it, I fell on the floor and collapsed. I did not know what had happened until I woke up and the first person I saw was Eli, looking at me with worry in his eyes.

“Are you okay? Oh my God… Why did you force yourself?! You could tell us that you did not feel well, you know?” Eli asked with a worry yet upset tone.

I smiled faintly at him. I was touched by his caring over me. “I know, but I don’t want to miss the practice,” I responded in a weak tone. “Eli yah, I’m thirsty…”

Without saying any word, Eli got up from his chair then he took out his bottle of his bag and gave it to me. “Drink it slowly…” he said as he saw me drinking the water.

“Thank you,” I said as I gave the bottle back to Eli after I drank the water a bit. “Where are the others?” I asked when I realized there were only two of us in the practice room.

“They’re in the meeting room, discussing for our debut,” Eli replied.

“And why didn’t you come along with them?”

“Don’t be silly! I can’t leave you alone in an unconsious state,” he replied. “H-hey… What’s wrong with you?”

His question made me frown confusedly. “Is there something wrong with me? I’m fine,” I said.

“If you’re fine, why are your eyes being glassy like that?” Eli asked again as he pointed at my eyes.I blinked my eyes in response then the tear falling on my cheek. Seriously, I did not know why I could be like that. Before I could wipe the tear, Eli’s hand had wiped it. He did it smoothly gently then he caressed my cheek. “Please, don’t get sick again…” he said in a low tone as he looked at me deeply.

I swore I felt lost when I looked into his eyes and his words sounded like a spell in my ears, which made me nod in response. I never knew he would care of me that much and it made me happy, grateful for having him as my friend. “Thank you…” I said as I smiled weakly at Eli. “You’re such a good friend I’ve ever met, Eli yah…”

Eli smiled warmly with his hand still caressing my cheek. “You don’t have to thank me,” he said. “I’m doing what friend should do, okay? And we’re friends, aren’t we?”

I nodded. “Yes, we’re friends,” I said. “And I hope we could be friends forever.” I was silent for a moment as I looked down on the floor. I wanted to ask something to Eli, but I was afraid he would be mad at me.

It seemed like Eli was paying attention on me because he asked, “What’s the matter, Kev? Is there something bothering you?”

“No,” I answered simply, still looking down. “I just… I just want to…”

Eli suddenly cupped my face and lifted it so he could look at me. Our eyes met again and I felt lost again. “Just say it. Don’t hesitate, okay?”

I nodded as if I was under his spell. “I want to ask you if I…” I stopped there because I was too shy to say it out and I could feel my cheeks heated. Did not Eli feel it too since his hands still cupping my cheeks?

“If you what?” Eli asked curiously. “Come on, just say it! I won’t bite, you know?” he joked.

I laughed timidly then I gulped nervously before I said, “I want to ask you if I could hug you now.” I looked away from him after I finished my words. Gosh! I was embarrassed with myself!Instead of answering my question, Eli hugged me tightly, making me surprised. Then I hugged him tightly as I rested my chin on his shoulder. “Thank you, Eli yah…”

“What are you looking at, Kevin ah?” our manager makes me come into my sense after who knows how long I have been recalling the past days with Eli.

“Nothing,” I answered simply. “Hyung, can I go abroad?”

 

***