The Meetings

Our First Meeting

Luhan is waiting for Kris in the lobby of his apartment building. He glances at his wristwatch then he huffs in upset. He’s late! He looks out the big windows around the apartment to see people outside the building. Still, there is no Kris. When he is about to call Kris, he hears someone clear his throat to catch his attention. Luhan looks up and he sees a guy wearing sunglasses.

“Sorry, Miss, but may I ask you something?” that guy asks to Luhan.

Luhan’s eyes go wide behind his sunglasses after hearing the way that guy called him. Seriously, what’s wrong with this guy?! Before answering the request, Luhan drops his sunglasses and looks at the guy with an annoyed look. “Sir, I’m not a ‘Miss’, okay?” he says. “I’m ‘Mister’!”

The guy looks uneasy then he bows in apology. “I’m so sorry… I didn’t know you…”

Luhan puts his hand up, giving a sign to the guy to stop talking. “It’s okay. Now, tell me what you wanted to ask me,” he says.

“Umm… Do you know where the room number 2144 is?” the guy asks. “I need to meet someone at there, but this is the first time I come here, so I don’t know where it is.”

Why don’t you ask it to the receptionist, you fool?!Luhan’s inside curses the guy. Calm down, Lu! You’re mad at him because he was mistaken you as a ‘Miss’. He’s innocent! The other side of Luhan tries to calm him down. “It’s on the 4th floor,” Luhan answers. “Use that lift. Once you arrive there, you’llfind it out.” It’s near my room in fact.

“Oh, thank you…” said the guy. “But would you mind taking me there? I’m afraid I’ll get lost.”

There is nothing will make you get lost!Luhan really wants to say it out loud to that guy, but he still tries to be patient. After breathing in and out, he nods at the guy and gets up from the couch. “Let’s go!”

 

***

 

“Do I look good with this outfit, Nuna?” Kevin asks after looking at the mirror for a while.

Deanna, Kevin’s nuna, stops reading her magazines and looks at her lovely brother. “Aww… my baby brother looks so good!” she says in awe.“By the way, what made you to come here, to my apartment when I have a holiday?”

“Well, I’m going to meet my friend,” Kevin answers, still looking at the mirror. “I intended to go straight to his hotel in Shanghai, but I was so tired and asked him to meet me here in Beijing.”

“In my apartment?”

“Of course no,” Kevin chuckles to see Deanna’s surprised look. “We’ll have dinner outside and talk about stuff.”

“So it’s a ‘he’?” Deanna asks then Kevin nods in response. “I thought you’d meet a girl.”

“I don’t have female friend in here,” Kevin answers. “Nuna, I don’t look bad, do I?” he asks again. He turns his body over Deanna, so she can see him well.

“No, you don’t. You look so handsome,” said Deanna. She chuckles after that. “It seems like you’re going to have a date, you know! But you said you’d meet a guy. Oh… wait! Are you dating a guy?!”

“Oh my God… Nunaaa!” Kevin pouts as he stomps his feet on the floor. His cheeks are blushing in embarrassement and upset. “I’m single, okay? If I were in relationship, I’d tell you right away,” he says. “And I’m normal!”

Deanna chuckles as she rolls her eyes in teasing way. Shortly after that, the bell in her apartment rings. “I’ll get the door!”

 

***

 

Kris seesLuhan entering the lift with a guy as they walk side by side after he has arrived at the apartment building. He wants to call Luhan, but he stops himself to do so and waits for him in the lobby instead.Who’s that guy?Then he unlocks his cellphone to send Luhan a message.

 

Send to: My Deer Xiao Lu

Hey, where are you? We’ll have dinner together, won’t we? I’m in the lobby right now :)

 

One minute… two minutes… three minutes…

Dddrrrttt… Dddddrrrttt…

1 new message

 

From: My Deer Xiao Lu

I’m on your way. Will be there in minutes

 

Ten minutes later, Kris sees Luhan coming out of the lift and walking towards him. Kris is amazed by the older one’s appearance. Luhan wears a white furr knee-length mantle and a pair of sunglasses.He looks like a lady…

Kris gets up from the couch and smiles at Luhan. He is expecting for a warm hug from the older one, but Luhan slaps his upper arm in a sudden as he stands in front of him. Kris whinces as he rubs his arm. “Yah! What’re you doing?” he asks in an upset tone. “This is how you greet me?”

“Nope,” Luhan answers with a flat tone. “That’s for your late coming.” He walks closer to Kris after that then he hugs him tightly. “And this is how I greet you, Mr. Galaxy,” he says, still hugging the younger one.

Kris smiles in Luhan’s embrace as he hugs him back tighter. “I’m sorry for that, Xiao Lu,” he says. “I didn’t know that the press conference would be longer that I expected.” Kris pulls himself away to drop the older’s sunglasses.

“Hey! What’re you doing?” Luhan whines. He tries to take back his sunglasses.

“You look prettier without the sunglasses, you know.”

Luhan slaps Kris’s arm again after hearing that sentence.

“Yah! That hurts!” Kris rubs his arms again then he gives back the sunglasses to Luhan. “My girlfriend is so scary…” he murmured.

“Who’s your girlfriend?” Luhan rolls his eyes.

“It’s you, duh!” Kris rolls his eyes too, mimicking Luhan.

Luhan crosses his hands as he looks at Kris with a serious look. “Stop playing around or there will be no dinner between us!” he threats.

“Okay, okay…” Kris gives in. He reaches for Luhan’s hand and grabs it tight. “I’ll treat you well after this and you won’t regret it!” he winks after saying those words and without any word again, he leads Luhan to go out of the apartment building to the restaurant he has booked before.

 

***