Luhan's PoV

Our First Meeting

I remember the day I met Kris Wu Yifan in the practice room, the day when we met the other members of EXO for the first time. He was standing in the corner of the room as he listened something through the earphones which were plugged into his cellphone. It seemed like he did not care with whatever happened around him and he cooly looked out the window. He was cold, tall, and handsome guy. That was my first impression to him.

We were busy with each other, leaving Kris alone with his own world. We were afraid to close to him at the time. Who didn’t? Who told him to put on that kind of face which made us feel that way anyway. It was his fault indeed that we did not want to get closer to him. But, who knew it was just a disguise? He was a warm-hearted person I’ve ever met. How could I find it out? Do you want to know? I’ll tell you.

On that day, our manager told us to build up our chemistry with each other and give our best to make our group unbeatable. Then he annouced the persons who would be in M and K groups. As I expected, all of the Chinesse went into M group with two Koreans and the rest went into K group. After that, our manager annouced the leaders of K and M. We cheered happily for Suho for getting that role, but we cheered awkwardly when Kris’ name was mentioned to be the M’s leader. Kris only smiled faintly. He seemed like not too happy about that, in contrast with Suho.

After having dance practice for hours, it was time for us to go to our homes. Yeah, we did not live in the dorm yet. It was raining cat and dog and I did not bring my umbrella. While my band-mates leaving one by one, I was still sitting in the lobby, waiting for the rain to stop. I did not know how long I waited for that, but it really made me bored. I decided to go home even though it was still raining hard. When I was about to open the door, someone called my name. I turned my body over the person and my eyes widened in surprise to see him. Do you have any idea who he was? Yup! It was Kris Wu Yifan. Whoelse? We were talking about him,weren’t we?

Kris walked towards me with an umbrella in his hand. His face was still as cold as ice and he intimidated me with his cold stares. I could feel my heart beat faster in terror. I panicked that I thought he would kill me, but then I threw that thoughts away. It was impossible! We were mates anyway. He would not hurt me with that umbrella, would he? So, I breathed in to calm myself down then I smiled at him faintly. “W-what’s up, Kris?” I cursed myself for stuttering in response.

“Do you want to go home?” Kris asked with a cold tone.

I nodded. “I should go home as soon as possible before it’s getting late. It’s almost eight,” I answered after glancing at the clock on the wall.

“But it’s still raining,” he said. “Do you mind if I took you home? I have an umbrella with me.” His offer surprised me. It’s Kris we’re talking about! How could the cold guy offer something nice to me? I did not respond to him. I was too surprised that I could only look at him like an idiot with my jaw dropped and my eyes blinked confusedly. “How? If you mind it then you couldn’t go home until the rain stops, okay? You can be sick, you know.”

Gosh, I was wrong to think about him negatively. I cursed myself again for that. He cared me so much that he did not want me to get sick. “Nooo... I don’t mind it at all,” I finally could respond his offer. “Let’s go!” And for the first time, I could see his friendly smile that day.

As the time went by, Kris could get along with our band-mates. He did not care of only me, but also the other members. Because he was the leader, he made sure that we were okay all the time and made us feel lighter with his lame jokes whenever we were tired with our tight schedules. Everything went well, very well. I felt so grateful for having him as one of my friends.

But then that day came. The day when he decided to leave our agency, our group. His step was too sudden which made us confused, sad, disappointed, and even angry. Tao was the one who got the big effect by his leaving. He used to cry before he went to sleep every night. Suho was more sensitive than before and could get angry easily since then. Everyone blamed Kris for leaving us with our upcoming concert. Because of his leaving, we needed to change the choreographies and it was not as easy as you think. We should start it from zero again. Who could not be stressed in that kind of situation?

Months after that, I started to think that Kris might be right to have a decision to leave our agency. Living as famous idols in the famous agency was not easy at all. The staffs pushed us to follow our tight schedules without caring about our conditions. They did not care if we were healthy enough or happy to do our job and they kept saying that the fans would very happy if they saw us on stage, which was the only motivation we wanted to do that.

I got sick, eventually. I was too exhausted and even had not enough sleep because of our schedules. Our manager took me to the hospital and I was hiatus for a while. That day, I realized that it was not my dream to have a life like that. So, I encouraged myself to follow what Kris had done. I filled the lawsuits against our agency. I knew it would be so hard, but at least I wanted to try.My life started going pretty well again after I left my agency. I could work more relaxed than before and I could sleep well, finally.

I never met Kris since the day he left our agency. I was still mad at him though, but somehow I missed him too. I still have his number, but I was hesitate to call him or not. It would be awkward too because we never kept in touch for so long. One day, my manager told me that Kris and I would be the line up artists for an event. I was so excited about it and wondered if Kris would feel what I felt at the time.

The day we met was coming. We met for rehearsal. He was handsome as usual. He approached me first while I was still hesitate to do so. I was so nervous to respond every word he talked to me. He was still as warm as Kris I used to know which made me feel comfortable talking with him again. I wished I could stop the time. I wanted to be with him forever. I missed him so badly that I did not want to be separated with him again. In the end of our meeting, I asked him to call me and I was happy when I saw him nodded in response.

You guys know that we could not attend the event on the D-day because of our problems with the last agency is not over yet. I was so sad to think about that. At night, Kris sent me a message. Do you wanted to read it? Here you go!

 

From: My Galaxy Kris

Xiao Lu, have you heard about the news? It’s bad that we could not be on the stage again, but it’s ok. Don’t feel bad! We can be on the same stage together next time by any chance. Smile, Xiao Lu! :)

 

See? How could a cold guy send me this warm-hearted message? I almost cried when I read it. He felt sad too, but he tried to pretend everything was right. Once again, I felt so grateful for having him in my life.

Dddrrtt... Dddrrttt...

My cellphone is vibrating in my hand, which makes me come to my sense after who knows how long I have looked at Kris’ picture on my cellphone. I check my phone. 1 new message. From Kris! I’m so happy, but I wonder why he sends me the message. I tap on it to open and read it.

 

From: My Galaxy Kris

Hey, Xiao Lu! Are you free tonight? Let’s have dinner in the restaurant near your apartment! I’ll pick you up at 7, ok? Be ready and pretty, Xiao Lu! ;)

 

I groan at the last sentence. Pretty? Oh my God! He looks me that way?! I’ll show you that I’m manly enough to be called pretty, Kris!

 

***