An Old Face

God Help Us

3 Months Later …………………………………………………………………………………………………........  

 

It’s been about three months since we’ve found this place. I’m actually surprised that we’ve been able to stay safe in this house. Many Walkers have tried entering the premises but they would just get fried by the electric fences. The only thing I don’t like about the electric fences is that I have to push the corpses off the fence after they’ve been roasted. It’s not fun at all. I mean, what if it’s still alive and suddenly bites me or something? Then again, I’m in a much better position than the Jung sisters are. After seeing their parents as Walkers… I can’t even imagine what they must be feeling right now. They both started talking a lot less, eating less, and sleeping less after what they saw. I don’t blame them…    

 

Lay: Hey _______, you finished getting those corpses out of the fences yet?  

You: Huh? Oh, this is the last one. (Pushes off corpse)  

Lay: All right then. Come inside, we’re having a meeting in 5 minutes.  

You: All right.  

 

We walk inside. I look to my left and happily accept a cup of tea that Lay’s grandmother offers to me.    

 

You: Thank you grandma Zhang.  

Lay’s Grandmother: You’re welcome.  

Kai’s Dad: So what’s this meeting for?  

Chorong’s Dad: Supplies are getting low. We need to make another supply run. So we’ve gotta decide on who’s gonna go.  

You: I wanna go.  

Chorong: But _________, you’ve gone on every single supply run so far already. Take a break.  

You: But I still don’t know what’s become of my parents. I… I just need to go…  

All: …  

Chorong: Then I’ll go with you.  

Chorong’s Dad: Chorong, no. You need to be here where it’s safe.  

Chorong: Appa! You haven’t allowed me to do anything for the group! Every time I try to help, you say “It’s too dangerous”!... I just feel really useless…  

You: It’s okay Mr. Park, We got each others backs. We’ll return back safely.  

Chorong’s Dad: *sigh* … You two better make it back safely.  

Kai’s Dad: Don’t worry about them Mr. Park. I’ll keep them safe.  

Kai: Appa? You’re going out too?  

Kai’s Dad: Yea~ Don’t worry about me though Kai. As long as your safe, I’ll be fine.  

Kai: …

Kai’s Dad: All right then! Shall we head out?  

You and Chorong: Yea  

 

Chorong and Kai’s dad make their way to the car. I look at Kai and Lay.    

 

You: *whisper* Keep an eye on Jessica and Krystal. Make sure they don’t do anything stupid.  

Lay: Don’t worry about it. We won’t let them do anything like that.  

Kai: Watch my appa too okay _______? He can be clumsy at times.

You: Don’t worry. We’ll all be watching out for each other.  

Kai’s Dad: Hey _________, you coming?  

You: Yea~ I’ll be out in a sec.  

 

I head out to the car and we were off.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………........

 

Honestly, I’m not too fond of being back here in the city. There’s a bunch of Walkers walking around the streets and buildings and some just standing in one place. There are even some walking after us…    

 

You: So Mr. Kim, where exactly are we going?  

Kai’s Dad: I was thinking the first supermarket we see.  

Chorong: Mr. Kim, do you even know where one is?  

Kai’s Dad: Of course I do.  

All: …  

Chorong: You just missed the turn that leads to one.  

Kai’s Dad: Of course. Was testing to see if you knew.  

 

 

Mr. Kim turns around and follows that road. We arrived about 5 minutes later…      

 

Chorong: So how do you guys do this?  

You: We go in, quickly grab anything that we can use, bring them back to the car, and then repeat until the car is almost full.

Chorong: That’s it?  

You: That’s really about it. Nothing special.  

 

We grab our weapons and followed Mr. Kim towards the building. As we got to the entrance…    

 

You: Is anything inside?

Kai’s Dad: Not sure. Just stay close.  

 

We walk in slowly. We could hear something moving in the distance.    

 

Chorong: Shouldn’t we go check that out first?  

Kai’s Dad: That would be the safest thing to do.  

 

We slowly made our way closer to the sound. We could hear munching coming from a nearby aisle. We stepped over… I leaned out to look…    

 

You: Eunji?

________________________________________________________________

New Characters:

Lay's grandmother

Kai's Dad

 

A/N

Sorry for the really short update. Still trying to get back into writing. Am hoping to start writing more. Classes aren't hard this semester so i should have a lot more free time. Again, sorry this was a really short update and that it took me forever to get it out. But hopefully the next few chapters will make up for it :)