Please Be Safe

God Help Us

We heard a shattering noise coming from ahead and immediately ran in. We got to the room where the blood was and the next thing we saw put us in terror.

 

 

                All: Mr. Park!!

 

                You: Mr. Park (runs towards him) are you okay!? Please~ you have to be okay~

 

 

I checked to see if I could feel a pulse.

 

 

                You: *sigh of relief* He's still alive.

 

                Kai: What a relief.

 

                ???: Was he with you?

 

 

We turned around to see a young girl holding Chorong’s dad's shotgun at us. She looked really scared and shakened up.

 

 

                Kai: Yea, he's with us. What did you do to him?!

 

                ???: He startled me and I bashed him in the head with that chair on the ground next to him.

 

                Kai: ... You didn't need to hit him...

 

                You: You probably would've done the same, Kai,  if you were in her position. Now let's not try to make enemies. What's your name?

 

                ???: My name is Eunji.

 

                You: I'm ________ and this is Kai. Are you by yourself?

 

                Eunji: As of now, yes i am.

 

                You: Why don't you come with us then. It's not safe to be alone. Especially with all those Walkers just roaming around.

 

                Kai: Are you serious? You wanna just bring her along with us? After she bashed Mr. Park?

 

                Eunji: I'm sorry! I didn't mean to... I was scared.. Please~ i don't wanna die by those things *starts to tear up*

 

                Kai: .. Aish~! Fine. You can join us. But still, we don't have room for her in the car.

 

                ???: We'll just have to make room.

 

 

We all watched as Chorong’s dad got to his feet.

 

 

                You and Kai: Mr. Park!

 

                Chorong’s Dad: *looks at Eunji* Is that mine?

 

                Eunji: Huh? Oh, here you go sir. *hands over the shotgun* I'm really sorry about hitting you. I was...

 

                Chorong’s Dad: It's okay. I heard everything. I forgive you.

 

                Eunji: *smiles*

 

                You: Now what?

 

                Chorong’s Dad: We need to prepare a place for us to stay. A place that'll keep us safe from those things, has water, and good shelter.

 

                You: Where on Earth are we gonna find a place like that?

 

                Chorong’s Dad: It's not gonna be easy. It'd have to be a place away from the cities.

 

                Kai: Should we just start driving around and look for a place then?

 

                Chorong’s Dad: Gonna have to.

 

                You: But what about the rest of our families? We don't know if they're safe or not. My parents are suppose to be home today from their trip. With all that's happening, I don't even think they made it home yet!

 

                Chorong’s Dad: You're right. Making sure that you're family is safe should be the top priority. But we don't know where any of them ended up and we don't know how long it'll take for us to find them so we must make sure that we're safe first. Plus, even if we did find them, we don't have enough room to be transporting them all nor do we have a place for them to stay. We can squeeze one person in but not ten.

 

                You: Er~... *sigh* i guess you're right.

 

                Kai: Makes sense to me.

 

                Chorong’s Dad: *to Eunji* Are you okay with this?

 

                Eunji: ... My parents are dead... We were at home when those things attacked us... My parents sacrificed themselves so that I could escape.

 

                You and Kai: ...

 

                Chorong’s Dad: I'm sorry for your loss Eunji.

 

                Eunji: It's okay. They're in a better place now...

 

                Chorong’s Dad: Well we need to hurry. Let's try to get one more load into the car and let's go.

 

 

We went back to try and gather more stuff but as we went back, there was a Walker standing near the cash register.

 

 

                Kai: Aish~ why didn't Lay or the girls message us about the Walker?

 

                You: I don't know but they better have a good explanation.

 

                Chorong’s Dad: Shhh~ before it hears you. Let's try to sneak around it.

 

 

We all crouched and slowly made our way to the front door. The Walker hadn't seen us. I looked over to the car and noticed that there were three Walkers there. Two on one side and one on the other. They were just staring blankly at the car. I don’t think they see the others in there... at least not yet…

 

 

                Eunji: What are we gonna do?

 

                Chorong’s Dad: I’m not sure.

 

                All: …

 

 

The next thing we hear is a *THUMP!*. We look behind the counter and see the Walker on the ground with Kai standing above it.

 

 

                Kai: The idea of this being near us was driving me crazy~

 

 

Kai starts to walk back towards us… We then hear a yell by Kai as his leg had been grabbed by the rotten corpse. Kai had fell to the ground with the Walker crawling and making its way to his face. I looked back to the car and saw the three Walkers headed towards us. I quickly run to Kai and jab my blade through the side of the Walker’s head. I help him up as Chorong’s dad decided to use his shotgun. *BOOM* 1 Walker goes down, *BOOM* another does, *BOOM* the last one goes down.

 

 

                Chorong’s Dad: GET IN THE CAR!!

 

 

We see hordes of Walkers closing in on us and run to the car as Chorong starts it. We run and get inside the car. Before we were able to drive away, we could see Eunji still inside the building slowly backing away from the Walkers.

 

 

                You and Kai: EUNJI!!!!

 

 

Chorong’s dad pulls out his shotgun and starts shooting the Walkers down. There was too many of them after Eunji. We watched as she ran back through the back door.

 

 

                You: What do we do!?

 

                Kai: We have to go help her!

 

                Chorong’s Dad: I’m sorry… But there isn’t much that we can do at this point. We have to hurry up and get out of here.

 

                Kai: We’ve got to!! I don’t want any more people to die this way!

 

                You: Kai! If we were to help her, how would we do it!? The sides are blocked off and the only way to get to her is to go through the building itself!

 

                Chorong’s Dad: Look, we need to get out of here now!

 

 

Kai and I noticed the many Walkers walking towards us from all angles. We all got in and left the scene. Kai seemed angry that we left Eunji…

 

 

                Chorong’s Dad: Kai, there was no way of getting to her easily. There were too many of them for me to just shoot my way through.

 

                Kai: If it were Chorong in there, you would’ve done anything to get in there!

 

                Lay: Kai, stop! That’s crossing the line!

 

 

Chorong’s dad lowers his head.

 

 

                Chorong’s Dad: ... Lay, it’s fine. He’s right. I would have done anything…

 

                Chorong: You never know~ Maybe she got out..

 

                Kai: With that many of them there…

 

                You: Remember, she was by herself in that place and even knocked out Mr. Park. She knows how to take care of herself. Let’s all just hope that she made it out somehow… 

 

 

We all became silent… All I could think about was Eunji and if she made it out... Eunji, please be okay...

 

 

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................

New Characters: Eunji from APINK