Finally, A Place To Stay

God Help Us

After hours and hours of traveling, we found an abandoned, two-story house out in the middle of a field with huge fencing surrounding it.

 

 

 

             Chorong's Dad: This looks like a good place to stay for a while. Gonna be a pain in the to check if it's safe or not though.

 

             You: So how are we gonna do this?

 

             Chorong's Dad: Let's get inside first. Let's see how the place looks like inside.

 

 

 

We all walk towards the door and gather around it. Chorong’s dad raised his shotgun to the door.

 

 

 

             Chorong's Dad: I'm gonna open the door. And once I do, Jessica and Krystal will go to the left side, Kai and Lay will go to the right, and ________ and I will go straight. Lay, Jessica, and Krystal, you three know how to use those handguns i gave you?

 

             Lay: Yes sir.

 

             Jessica: Krystal does. Me, a little bit.

 

             Chorong's Dad: Good enough. (To Kai) You know how to work that machine gun right?

 

             Kai: Yea.

 

             Chorong's Dad: All right then. On 3. 1-2-3!

 

 

 

We burst into the dark room of the mansion. Nothing was in sight.

 

 

 

             Chorong's Dad: We should all check down here first. Then we'll move upstairs. Chorong, ________, and I will go right, the rest of you go left. Don't leave any room unchecked.

 

             Lay: Got it.

 

 

 

We split up............ Five minutes later...

 

 

 

             Kai: Left side is all clear.

 

             Chorong's Dad: Right side is clear as well. All right then, upstairs now.

 

 

 

We walked upstairs just to find out that the second story is the smallest part of this house. There was only one room with three bedrooms and one bathroom connected to it. Kai and Jessica checked the first room, Lay and Krystal checked the second, and the last three of us checked the third room. As we entered the room, there was nothing in it except for a bed and desk. Then we looked at the closet and noticed that the rest of the furniture was barricaded around it.

 

 

 

             You: I'm not sure if I want to open that.

 

             Chorong: Me neither.

 

             Chorong's Dad: We have to. Me must leave no threat in this house if we plan to stay here. ________, go check if the rest are done.

 

 

 

I leave towards the room Kai and Jessica were in first.

 

 

 

             You: Everything good?

 

             Kai: Yea. It's clear in here.

 

 

 

I leave towards Lay and Krystal next. It was clear in that room as well. We regroup in front of the barricaded closet. We start removing the furniture until there was nothing in between us and the closet door. I look to Chorong's dad. He nods his head for me to open it. I readied my sword and swung open the closet door. There was a girl sitting on the ground with her head against the wall and her hair covering her face. We all step back. I then look to Chorong's dad for instructions.

 

 

 

             Chorong’s Dad: Ready your weapons in case she jumps at me.

 

 

 

We watch Chorong's dad tap the girl with the barrel of his shotgun. He then removed the hair from her face.

 

 

 

             You: She doesn't look like one of them. Are there any bite marks?

 

 

 

Chorong's dad attempts to check. He backs away almost instantly as the girl starts to move around. I pull out my handgun, that Chorong's dad gave me, and held it towards the girl. The girl begins to yawn and stretch. She seriously looked fine to me. The only thing I'm confused about is why this girl was locked in if she seems perfectly fine. The girl finishes stretching and opens her eyes. She quickly gets to her feet and raises her hands.

 

 

 

             Girl: Don't shoot! Please don't kill me! I'm not one of them!

 

             Chorong's Dad: Calm down. We just need some answers. Are you bit?

 

             Girl: No, I'm not. I swear~

 

 

 

She rolls up the sleeves of her white sweater and jeans.

 

 

 

             Girl: I'm not bit.

 

             Lay: Then why were you barricaded in there?

 

             Girl: I came here with my mother during the outbreak. I woke up this morning and my mother had given me a bag and rushed us out of the house. Then we found ourselves here. The place was empty. It was in this room... She said that she heard Walkers outside so she had me wait in here while she left to take care of them... She barricaded me in so that Walkers wouldn't be able to get to me. I stepped in this closet, she closed the door... And that was the last time I saw her. 

 

             Chorong's Dad: Wait, how long ago was this?

 

             Girl: Maybe around 7:30ish is when we got here so~~ (checks her phone) she's been gone for about eight hours..

 

             Chorong's Dad: ... Um~ I'm sorry to break it to you but, I don't think she's coming back.

 

             Girl: She's not.

 

             Chorong: How do you know?

 

             Girl: ... My mom called me right before she... (exhales)... Her last words were "I love you. Find people you can trust and keep each other safe... I love you~...".. I could only hear her screaming after that..

 

             Chorong’s Dad: I'm sorry for your loss.

 

             Girl: It's okay, she's in a way better place now. She doesn't have to suffer any more of this. I only wish that she didn't have to go through that... With the Walkers...

 

             Jessica: Hey, let's get off this subject. I don't believe we got your name yet.

 

             Girl: My name is Hayoung.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After introductions, we covered up every single window and barricaded every single entrance except for the front for. We checked if the house still had electricity and water. We were all glad to find out that it still did.

 

 

 

             You: What do we do now? We don't have enough room in the van for all of us.

 

             Chorong’s Dad: Let's empty out half of the snacks and supplies we gathered and put them in here.

 

   

 

After doing so...

 

 

 

             You: Who's house should we go to next?

 

             All: ...

 

             Jessica: Let's go to~...

 

             Chorong's Dad: We need to make sure that those fences will keep those things out.

 

             Hayoung: I think those fences are electric fences.

 

             Chorong's Dad: What makes you think that?

 

             Hayoung: When my mom and I came here, there was a Walker stuck to the fence and it was all roasted and burnt. 

 

             Chorong's Dad: Yea, it's an electric fence. Nice, won't have to do as much work.

 

             You: So Jessica, what were you gonna say?

 

             Jessica: Was gonna say that we could go to our place first.

 

             You: Yea, let's do that. But since the van isn't big enough, should we leave people here?

 

             Chorong's Dad: Yes. If we must, we'll send only a couple of us to go out.

 

             You: I guess I'll go.

 

             Chorong's Dad: Ok. Jessica and Krystal will go and Lay will go. Kai, Chorong, and Hayoung will stay back here with me.

 

             You: All right then.

 

 

 

We gathered ammo for our guns and we were off.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Characters: Hayoung from APINK