Appa!

God Help Us

We decided to stop by Chorong’s place first since it was the closest to mine. When we got there, the front door was wide open and there were two Walkers standing there with their backs turned to us.

 

            Lay: What are we gonna do?

            Kai: We’re gonna have to take them out.

 

Kai and Lay get out of the cars and walk slowly towards the two Walkers. I decided to get out as well and prepare myself to help them in case something bad happens. Lay, with the hammer, bashes one Walker from the back of the head while Kai, with the wrench, does the same to the other. Lay motions for us to join them. Kai peeks inside the house and then slowly walks in.

 

            You: Be on your guard. We don't know if It's safe yet.

 

We all slowly walk in behind Kai. Lay and Krystal went into the kitchen, Kai and Jessica went to check rooms, and Chorong and I decided to go check her room. I cracked the door open and peeked inside. I continued to push the door open and soon took a step inside. I walked over to check her closet while Chorong walked over to her desk. There was nothing that seemed useful in her closet so I walked over to Chorong.

 

            You: Anything useful?

            Chorong: In my room? No. But maybe my parents room.

            You: Let’s go check there then.

 

Chorong led the way. She opened the door and we immediately saw a Walker right there in front of us. We both screamed in fear. The Walker launched at us as we both fell to the ground. Before I could draw my sword out, a blade came through its face. We looked at it confused.

 

            Lay: Chorong! ________! You two okay?!

 

The undead corpse fell to the side and standing behind it was no other than…

 

            Chorong: APPA!!!

            Chorong’s Dad: Chorong!!!

 

The two embraced each other.

 

            Chorong’s Dad: I’m so happy that you’re safe~

            Chorong: Where’s eomma?

            Chorong’s Dad: *looks away* …

            Chorong: *tears up* No~…

            Chorong’s Dad: Th… Those things got to her before I could do anything...

 

Chorong starts to tear up. The others join us and are relieved to see Chorong’s dad.

 

            Kai: Sorry to ruin the moment but we gotta go. Like now.

            You: What why?

            Lay: You two let out a pretty loud scream. Walkers are slowly making their way here.

            Chorong’s Dad: Hurry then. We can drive my van. It’ll seat 7 people so it’s the perfect amount.

            Lay: Okay, let’s go.

 

The sound of windows breaking were soon heard.

 

            Kai: Guys~ We gotta go!

            Chorong’s Dad: *gives Chorong the keys* Go start it up. There’s some stuff I gotta go grab. The car’s in the garage.

            Chorong: No Appa! I don’t wanna lose you too!

            Chorong’s Dad: *smiles* You won’t.

 

Chorong’s Dad sprints off to another room while we ran to the garage. We all got in the van as Chorong started it up. We opened the garage door and waited there for about a minute and Walkers soon made their way to the garage.

 

            You: Chorong~ we gotta go.

            Chorong: No, appa’s still inside.

            You: Chorong, he wouldn’t want you to die here.

            Chorong: We’re waiting for him!

 

Walkers then break the back window.

 

            You: CHORONG GO!!!!

 

Chorong accelerates out of the garage and stops in the middle of the street. The house was infested with Walkers.

 

            You: Chorong… I'm s…

 

I was interrupted by loud gunshots.

 

            Lay: What was that?

 

We all look back to the house. One by one, we could see Walkers flying out of the building. Chorong’s dad soon came in sight from the garage.

 

            Chorong’s Dad: OPEN THE TRUNK!!!!!!!

            Chorong: APPA!!!!!!!

 

Chorong quickly opens the trunk and all we saw was Chorong’s dad loading two huge bags. He then runs to the passenger seat. Chorong speeds off as soon as he gets in.

 

            Chorong’s Dad: Whew! That was a close one.

            Chorong: Don’t do anything reckless like that again!

            Kai: Mr. Park? What exactly did you go get?

            Chorong’s Dad: I went to grab my wallet. *pulls out his wallet*

            Chorong: Really appa?! You stayed back just to grab your wallet?!

            You: Mr. Park, I don’t think money matters right now.

            Chorong’s Dad: I could care less about the money. It was the picture of Chorong’s eomma that I wanted.

            All: …

            You: Well what about the bags in the back?

            Chorong’s Dad: One of them is filled with stuff like this. *pulls up a shotgun*

            Kai, Lay, Jessica, You: WHAT!?

            Chorong’s Dad: This bad boy got me out of there. And the other bag is filled with ammo.

 

After driving for thirty minutes, we decided to stop at an abandoned gas station.

 

             Chorong’s Dad: We should gather whatever supplies we can.

             All: Agreed.

             You: Are we all just gonna go in?

             Chorong’s Dad: No. I plan to go in though. Who wants to come help me?

             You: I'll go.

             Kai: Me too.

             Chorong: I wanna go too.

             Chorong’s Dad: No, you stay in the car. If anything were to happen to you, my life would be meaningless.

             You: It's okay Chorong, Kai and I will make sure nothing happens to him as well.

             Chorong: You promise?

             You:...

             Chorong’s Dad: Hurry, we're wasting daylight.

             You: All right, i promise.

             Lay: I'll stay back.

 

Chorong’s dad quietly exits the car while Kai and I follow him. He walks to the trunk of the car to refill his shotgun. As he was about to close up the bag, he notices Kai staring at the SMG inside it. We watched as Chorong’s dad pick the SMG up and fill it with ammo and hand it to Kai. He then fills a pistol and hands it to me.

 

             Chorong's Dad: Only use these when in an emergency. These guns will alert a lot of Walkers so if you can, only use it as your last resort.

             You and Kai: Yes sir.

 

We then finally made our way inside the gas station. All the shelves were broken down and there were many snacks and drinks on the ground.

 

             Chorong’s Dad: Let's hurry and gather whatever you can.

 

Kai gathered drinks, I gathered snacks, and Chorong’s dad gathered other supplies. We gathered what we could and unloaded them into the car.

 

             You: Round 2?

             Chorong’s Dad: If you two are up for it.

             Kai: Let's do it. We're gonna need as much stuff as we can get.

 

Chorong's dad just smiled and the three of us went back to gather more stuff. As we entered back in, we could hear movement coming from behind the door to the back room. Chorong's dad drew his shotgun up and slowly made his way to the door.

 

             Chorong’s Dad: You two stay here. I'm gonna go check it out. If i don't come back out, you two run back to the car and leave.

             You: No, i promised that i wou...

             Chorong’s Dad: Am i understood?

             Kai: You've gotta let us help you.

             Chorong’s Dad: I can't let anything happen to any of you. So for the last time, am i understood?

             You and Kai: Yes sir.

 

Chorong's dad makes his way in... We've been waiting for a good ten minutes now.

 

             You: I gotta go in. He should've been out by now.

             Kai: I know. C'mon, let's both go.

 

Before we could enter, a loud shattering sound was made. We ran in and saw blood at the foot of another door. We quietly walked towards it and were in shock.

 

             You and Kai: Mr. Park!!

 

 

..................................................

(Authors Note)

Hey guys~ sorry i haven't been updating. Kind of forgot about this story lol but now i remember it and i will try to update as often as i can. I have been a bit busy recently though so please forgive me if i do not update a lot or often :( I hope you all enjoy this chapter though :)