The Man

God Help Us

I heard screams coming from outside the bathroom door. I decided to go investigate what was happening. As I took a step towards the bathroom entrance, the door to the stall behind me opened. I turned around to see a person just standing there with its head down.

 

            You: Hey~ are you okay?

            ???: **

 

I looked at his skin and noticed that it was rotten and covered in what looked like blood. The strange person took a step towards me and I took one back. I looked to my right and grabbed the trash can as a weapon. The person then looked up at me. I was now starting to get scared. I watched as the zombie-like thing reach for its head. I held the trash can tightly. The person then takes off his face and to my relief, it was just a man in a costume.

 

            Man: Ohh~~ man~ My stomach is killing me.

            You: *puts trash can back* DUDE! You totally scared the crap out of me!

            Man: Huh? Oh, sorry. I heard you talking to me but my stomach was just killing me. I couldn’t say anything.

            You: *sigh of relief* What were you doing in there? You were just in there groaning and .

            Man: Oh~ sorry. I don’t think you wanna know what I was doing in there.

            You: Why?

            Man: Lets just say that I ate a little too much before coming here.

            You: Ah~ Oh hey, what’s with the zombie-like costume?

            Man: You didn’t know? Seoul Bowling is having a Zombie theme special today. I’m an employee here and I was suppose to be here a half an hour ago.

            You: Wait, but why are you the only one wearing a costume?

            Man: I was suppose to be here to try on the costume to make sure it fit. But since I was running late, I had to try it on now.

            You: Oh… But, what about the screams I heard just earlier?

            Man: Screams?? OH CRAP!!!! THEY MUST’VE STARTED ALREADY!!! I GOTTA GO!

 

I followed the man as he ran out of the bathroom. The room was darkened a little and had isolated lights on the bowling lanes. I watched as everyone just continued to bowl and then went back to Chorong and the others. I noticed that they were all just sitting around.

 

            Chorong: _______! Where’ve you been??

            You: I told you that I went to the bathroom.

            Chorong: Why’d you take so long!? We’ve been waiting for you to return.

            You: Why?

            Jessica: Cause it’s your turn loser~

            You: You guys could’ve gone for me haha

            Chorong: Then what would’ve been the point on you coming?

            You: True~… Haha sorry to make you all wait.

 

I picked up a ball and took 4 steps before rolling the ball. We all watched as each pin fell down.

 

            You: YES!!!! SSSSTRIKE!!!!!!

            Lay: *Gives you a high five* Nice!!! ________, you should teach Kai how to make strikes hahaha!!

            Kai: ________ was just lucky.

            Chorong: You being a sore-loser Kai?

 

We all laughed and continued to bowl… A few hours passed by and we finally decided to pack up. We returned the balls and shoes and walked outside. We all walked to our cars, which were unintentionally parked right beside each other.

 

            Lay: For someone who doesn’t talk much, you sure do got a lot of skill.

            Jessica: Yea, Krystal’s like that. She doesn’t like to talk much but she’s very good at a lot of things.

            Kai: I should’ve won. If only the floor wasn’t so slippery, I wouldn’t have slipped and missed that first throw.

            Chorong: You just being a sore-loser~ haha

            Kai: *smiles then raises fist* I’ll definitely win next time!

            Lay: *pats Kai’s back* Good luck. Krystal made nothing but strikes and you only made thre…

            Kai: WE KNOW HOW MANY I MADE!

            All: *laughing*

 

I then hear something weird coming from the entrance to Seoul Bowling.

 

            You: Hey, you guys hear that?

            Chorong: What was that?

            Krystal: …Sounded like screaming…

            Jessica: It could be because of the Zombie themed event they’re having.

            You: Yea… WAIT WHAT!? You guys knew about it!?

            Lay: You didn’t know? I thought Chorong told you?

            You: Chorong didn’t say anything about it.

            Chorong: Hehe~ I was hoping that one of the zombie-dressed employees would come behind you and scare you.

            You: * -_- * You’re a true friend.

            Chorong: Hehe~

 

We then hear the screams get louder and see people running out from the building. We all looked at each other and then back to the building. Once there were no more people running from the entrance, I decided to go check out what was happening. I took one step forward and felt Chorong grab my arm. I stared at her.

 

            Chorong: What are you doing?

            You: Gonna go see what’s up.

            Chorong: It’s probably just the event.

            You: What event is gonna have every single person run out screaming?

            Chorong: Uh… Errr… *lets go of you*

            Lay: I’ll go with you ________.

            You: Ok. Thanks.

            Kai: I will t..

            Lay: No. You need to stay out here and protect the girls. And in case we need you to do something, we can call you.

            Kai: I… aish~~ fine.

            Chorong: Be careful you two.

 

Lay and I made our way towards the entrance. It was still dark and the lights were all still on the bowling lanes. It was a bit hard to see anything so we brought our phones out as flashlights. Lay and I stepped inside. We could hear something slimy in the distance.

 

            You: Hey! Anyone in here!

 

The slimy noise stopped. We both stood our ground and waited. We soon heard footsteps coming towards us. It was still a bit dark to make out what it was. I looked closer and noticed that it was a silhouette of a person. I decided to call out to the person.

 

            You: Hey, what happened?

            ???: …

            Lay: Hey!

 

The person kept walking towards us. I watched as Lay stuck his phone into his belt and grab a stool that was nearby and prepared himself as if he was gonna hit the person. I looked around for a weapon as well but couldn’t find anything good.

 

            You: Are you okay? What happened here?

            ???: …

 

The person finally came into a good enough view.

 

            You: Oh hey!!

            Lay: “Oh hey”?

            You: When I went to the bathroom earlier, he was in there.

            Lay: *confused* What was he doing in there?

            You: He said he ate too much before coming here and…

            Lay: I GOT IT I GOT IT! Don’t need to say it.

            You: Yea~… *to the man* Hey, can you tell me what happened? Or is this all part of the event?

            ???: *groaning*

            You: Hey!

            Lay: You can cut the act for now. Just tell us if this is part of the event or not.

 

 

The man was now 5 steps away. I looked closer at the man and noticed that he definitely did not look like himself from before.

 

            You: HEY!!!

 

The man roars then charges towards me. It startles me down to the ground and Lay watches as the man climbs on top of me. The man continues to roar and tries to claw itself to my face. I do my best to keep him away from me. The weight of the man soon goes away as I see Lay tossing the man off of me. I get back to my feet and watch Lay smack the man in the face with the stool.

 

            You: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

            Lay: Well you’re welcome.

            You: You didn’t have to hit him with the stool.

 

We soon hear more . Lay and I look back to see the man standing up. I look closer and notice that part of his face was missing.

 

            You: *scared* Are costumes that good of quality to where it looks real?

            Lay: N-n-n-no~~

 

We both back up.

 

            Lay: __________ look! Behind him! There are more of them coming this way!

            You: Zombies?!

            Lay: HEY WE GOTTA GO!!

            You: Right.

 

We both ran towards the others and the zombies gave chase.

 

You and Lay: GUYS!!!!

 

I threw my keys to Chorong.

 

            You: CHORONG, START THE CAR UP!!

            Chorong: Huh? Wh…

 

Chorong stopped and went to start up my car. The Jung sisters followed Kai into his car while Lay and I jumped into mine. Chorong and Kai accelerated and sped out of the parking.

 

            Chorong: What on earth was that behind you guys?!

            You: Hold on, let me call the others.

 

I call Kai’s phone and put them on speaker.

 

            Kai: Yo, what’s going on!?

            Lay: Zombies man!

            Kai and Jessica: Zombies?!

            Chorong: Zombies?! This is no time to be making those kind of jokes!

            You: No! It’s true! Well… It looked like it.

            Chorong: It could’ve just been the costume!

            You: That didn’t look like no costume… It looked way too real.

            Jessica: It was dark, you were probably just imagining it.

            Lay: Part of the man’s face was missing!

            Jessica, Krystal, Kai, Chorong: …

            Kai: M-makeup?

            Lay: No, part of his face was literally missing after I hit him.

            You: All right look. We all need to try and calm down. We need a leveled head. First off, where are we gonna go? There’s a zombie apocalypse going on, it’s late, and we don’t know whether our homes are safe enough for us to go to.

            Lay: That’s true. We need to find a safe place to stay first.

            Kai: Why don’t we try going to ________’s house?

            You: Why?

            Chorong: We should! You’re place is huge! It seems like our best bet for now.

            You: Fine. But what if we run into more of them there?

            Lay: When we get there, we can search the trunks of the cars to find weapons.

            Kai: OH YEA! I might have a wrench in the trunk of my car.

            You: All right then. Lets go.