2: Hello, Daddy!

아빠라고 부르지 마! (Don't Call Me Daddy!)

Mommy brought me up very well together with aunt Hyerin. At times, I kept asking for daddy but mommy said that daddy has been very busy with work.

At that time, I do not know if I understood her very well. Probably a little. While I was happily helping myself with the food, mommy kept staring at me. I spooned some of the fried rice that mommy cooked for me. "Eomma." I wanted to feed her. Mommy was shocked. "Oh! For me?" I nodded and she took a bite. She smiled at me, "Thank you, Jongin ah." Then I saw mommy shed some tears.

"You are beginning to look and acts like your appa."

Not long after, I am grown enough to understand mommy. Mommy happened to watch TV but while watching, she was doing her knitting and Music Bank was on. 

Mommy does not pay attention much to the TV as she was busy knitting a woolen beanie for me. 

"Do you know that SM Entertainment has been releasing incredible teaser of the members everyday? You all have seen the photo teasers, right? I bet you have not seen their debut stage here! Let's welcome, EXO!"

MAMA was played and mommy was still busy knitting. I saw someone looked very familiar. It's like I have seen him before but where? I glued my eyes onto the TV and thought hard. The guy in the middle. Why does he look so familiar?

"Eomma." I tried pointing to the TV and kept calling her. "Eomma..." I called her and she does not respond. I walked towards the TV as she hates me going near it as she she that it may not be good to my eyes. "Yah! Jongin ah! Stay away from..." Mommy stopped her knitting and went towards me. She froze when she wanted to pick me up and looked on the screen. "Oppa." She said softly. "Jongin ah. Look. It's appa."

Mommy pointed at the guy that I thought he looked so familiar. "Appa?"

"Jongin ah. It's appa. Don't the two of you looked a like?" Mommy suddenly smiled to herself, "You finally did it. It's great to see you again."

------

"Aahh. This is tiring." Daddy's friends complained. It's been months since their debut stage and they went back to the SM Building and continue to practice. Uncle Chanyeol was watching The Return of Superman on his phone. "Wahh... Lee Hwijae's sons are so cute!" Sitting next to him was uncle Jongdae. "Yah! They are cute!" Daddy was busy practicing with the other uncles.

It was night time and they went back to their apartment. Daddy went to the washroom while the others just gathered in the living room, some in the kitchen and some just went to the bedroom.

Mommy and I were outside of the apartment building. Mommy kneel and adjusted my clothes and hair. She made me looked like daddy. "Exactly like daddy." She said with a smile and I smiled at her. "Are you ready to see your appa?" I nodded and excited. "But I won't be with you. Give this letter to appa if you see him." I shed some tears because mommy would not be staying together with daddy and me.

"Eomma! Please stay." Mommy shed some tears too. "I can't, Jongin ah. Eomma has work to do and I'm sure appa will take good care of you. I give you this phone so that when you miss me, you can call me. I'm sure you know how to use it like how I showed you?" I nodded. "Good boy." Mommy gave me her last kiss on my lips. "I wish I could see appa too. But not now. Not yet."

Mommy and I stood at the entrance and went to their apartment floor. Mommy rang the bell and went into hiding. 

Uncle Chanyeol heard the doorbell rang and he saw no one on the screen. He just went towards the door and opened it. He looked down and his eyes widened. "Who are you? Where's your eomma?" I innocently handed the letter to uncle Chanyeol and he read it. He took my small luggage and carried me.

While daddy was still in the washroom, all of the uncles gathered in the living room. I was seated on the sofa while the uncles stood up and stared at me. "He really does looked like him, isn't he?" Uncle Sehun took a closer look at me. "Yup. Did the letter state his name?" Uncle Chanyeol nodded, "It's Kim Jongin."

"WHAT?!!" The uncles were twice as shocked as uncle Chanyeol. I wonder how daddy would react to see me. "How can this happened? Kai is a young father and I'm sure that this boy's mother..." Uncle Chanyeol came to me. "Jongin ah~ Do you know how old is your eomma?" I shook my head.

Then daddy came out from the washroom and all of the uncles blocked me. "Why are you guys gathering around here? What's there you're hiding?" Uncle Junmyeon made his way to daddy. "It's a who." Daddy was puzzled. "What?"

"Jongin ah? What happened?" Baekhyun asked. "I don't understand what you guys are saying! Move!" When daddy shoved them away, I was already not on the sofa. Uncle Minseok carried me and stood behind daddy. He turned and he had a big shock of his life. Daddy dropped on the sofa. "Why does this kid looks like you?" Uncle Minseok asked and daddy could not answer. "It can't be." Daddy was mumbling to himself. "I thought... That's not my kid."

"Appa!" I struggled and uncle Minseok released me from his arms and I ran towards my daddy. I grabbed his leg and stared at him. "Appa~" He stares back at me. "The letter he was holding on." Uncle Chanyeol passed him the letter and daddy took it. I climbed up the sofa and sat next to him. Daddy noticed it and moved away from me. I fell to the side and started crying. "Yah!!" Uncle Chanyeol carried me up while daddy was busy reading the letter.

'Jongin oppa. It's me, Miyeon. I'm writing this letter to you to let you know that we now have a son. I know you will have a big shock of your life seeing our Little Jongin on your doorstep. I tried contacting you about our child but I couldn't reach you. I won't be able to take care of him because by now, I won't be alive. I have been very sick ever since Little Jongin was born. I convinced the doctor to try to keep me alive. My parents had abandoned me after finding out about our child. I have raised our Little Jongin alone without a father. After knowing about your debut, I have finally found you and I am sorry to leave him to you like this. I would still keep this a secret only if I'm still alive. He is just like you. Whatever he does, he reminds me of you. For the past years, I have loved you till now. Till this very last breath of mine. Please take care of our son. I love you. -Miyeon ❤️'

Behind the scene of the letter actually, mommy is fit as a fiddle! She has to lie to him so that daddy could take me in. Mommy and I should be awarded the best child actor and a female rookie actor. 

Daddy put down the letter and went towards me who was crying on uncle Chanyeol's arms. I opened my arms when daddy came near me. "APPA~~~"

"He needs you." Daddy shook his head. "I don't believe he is my son! He's not my son!" He tore the paper and I stopped crying. The uncles were shocked that I kept quiet when daddy tore the paper. He went to the bedroom and uncle Chanyeol is still carrying me. "Aigoo... Little Jongin is very cute." The uncles started to pinch my cheeks and my eyes started to feel very heavy.

Since uncle Chanyeol loves watching that show with celebrity fathers taking care of their child/children, he roughly knew how to change my diapers and put me to sleep.

"That's strange. Usually babies cries if a stranger is taking care of them." Uncle Chanyeol said to me. I just smiled. "Your eomma probably a good person." I smiled wider and asked for daddy. "Where is appa?" I rolled out of the sofa, ran towards daddy's room and pointed it. "You want to sleep with your appa?" I nodded and uncle Kyungsoo carried me while uncle Chanyeol opened the door. 

I saw daddy has already asleep. I struggled out from uncle Kyungsoo's arm and ran towards daddy bed. I tried climbing up but it was too high. Uncle Chanyeol helped me up and daddy was shocked. "What the.. Hyung! You! Why are you on my bed?"

"I want to sleep with appa!" I said, snuggling beside daddy. "I'm not your appa!" Daddy tried pushing me away but uncle Chanyeol hit him. "Yah! He's your son! You should not treat him that way!"

"This is not my son! I have never sleep with any girl! Not even a girlfriend! This is just a fake child! Someone probably just do some surgery on this kid and made him looked like me." I knew that daddy is telling a lie because he does not want anyone to know that he was into relationship with mommy and he made a little accident. Uncle Kyungsoo came towards daddy, "Maybe you should just do some blood test."

"Blood test?! Why would I want to waste my bloody time and money for a bloody blood test? Eventually the result will be negative! He's not my son!" Daddy jumped out of the bed and slept on uncle Chanyeol's bed. "Yah! That's my bed!" Daddy ignored him and uncle Chanyeol came to me. "Would you want to sleep with uncle Chanyeol?" I really like him. Even though he has a weird big ears, he is very friendly. I really like this uncle so much! I just nodded and we snuggled each other.

The next morning, uncle Chanyeol woke up first while the only person who is still asleep is daddy and me. Uncle Chanyeol compared me and daddy's sleeping position. Uncle Chanyeol immediately took his phone and took this opportunity. "You still can't deny that Little Jongin is not your son." Uncle Kyungsoo stood behind him. As he turned, uncle Chanyeol had a shock. "You scared me." Uncle Kyungsoo took a peek on the photo.

"You're right. They do have the same sleeping position. This must've hurt Jongin's heart that his ex-girlfriend has passed away. This kid. Does have a bit of Kai's character." Uncle Chanyeol agreed. "I think we should help them do a private blood test."

"Are you crazy?! What if one of the staff leaked out this secret?! Kai's and our reputation will be ruined!" Uncle Kyungsoo was worried about all of them. They have worked so hard to get so far in being very famous and popular around the world. "Then what are we suppose to do?"

"How about we discuss this with the other members once they are awake?" Uncle Chanyeol suggested and uncle Kyungsoo agreed.

 


a/n: hope you enjoy this chapter!!