1: The Single Mother.

아빠라고 부르지 마! (Don't Call Me Daddy!)

So, I was born two months ago and before mommy gave birth to me, she quited school. The reason is that when mommy was 3 months pregnant, you should obviously know that what you are carrying. Students in her school makes fun at her and threw dirty looks at her. Students made the worse rumour that tore my mommy's heart. They said, "Look at that! No wonder Jongin left her. She's carrying somebody else's baby!"

Her best friend, Lee Hyerin did not abandon her friendship with mommy. 

"I can't take it anymore! I don't feel like living!" Mommy wanted to end her life but Aunt Hyerin stopped her and said, "You can't just end your life just because of those people! You said it before that no matter what, the baby and you must live on."

Aunt Hyerin does her best to comfort mommy and it works.

Then mommy came to a solution that she does not wish to continue studying anymore.

"As long as you don't end your life." Aunt Hyerin said with relief. "But you will still contact me right? You will still call me and let me visit to see your child and..." Aunt Hyerin was excited about me. 

"I can't wait to see your... Wait... You think you will get a son or a daughter?" Mommy was placing her hand on her womb and smiled. "A son that will look like his father." Yes mommy. I will definitely look like daddy. Just for you.

Aunt Hyerin smiled at mommy, "Do you think Jongin is thinking about me as much as I think of him?" Mommy shed some tears. "Yah. Miyeon ah. I can't guarantee if he really thinks about you. A jerk just left you and got you pregnant. Do you think he cares? Don't forget, he is uncontactable!" Mommy just sighed. 

My grandparents and mommy were in the Principal's office, discussing about mommy's future. "Yes. Our daughter has been through a lot. It's not even her fault! That guy just left her and got her pregnant! Where is his responsibilities? People talk ill about my daughter without knowing the truth! How could I let my daughter continue studying with these kind of ludicrous rumours?! If this continues, she might kill herself!" Grandmom calmed granddad down. 

"I understand your situation, Yoon Jungho-sshi."

"You don't understand a single sh..." Grandmom calmed him down again, "Honey, stop. Gyojang-nim, no matter what, we have to withdraw Miyeon from school." The Principal looked at my mommy then back at my grandparents. "Very well."

They signed the withdrawal of school form.

Aunt Hyerin was waiting outside the office. She hugged mommy, "Call me, ok? I will come by to your house to check up on you! I want to be your baby's god-mother!" Mommy smiled to aunt Hyerin's excitement. "Of course!" Aunt Hyerin bend to mommy's tummy, "Little Jongin-ah, I will be your god-mother, ok? I can't wait for you." 

"I wish Jongin could do that too." Aunt Hyerin's expression changed, "Yah. Stop it. The more you think about that jerk, you'll stress yourself up and the baby!" Mommy nodded her head. "I want the baby to be healthy too!"

Back to me being 2-month-old baby, aunt Hyerin were carrying and feeding me a bottle of warm milk that was made by mommy. Aunt Hyerin has been visiting mommy non-stop. "Aigoo, I can't believe he resembles so much like Jongin!" Mommy smiled. "Your mommy has gone nuts! She asked everything to look like your dead daddy and she even names you after him. I pity you, Little Jongin-ah."

Mommy threw a crumpled paper at her and she laughed. "So, now that you have gave birth, when are you going to start working? You have to start to find your own allowance." Mommy sighed. "I'm still thinking. A drop-out girl like me won't be able to find a good work." Mommy was sulking near the window.

"Why not work as a cleaner first?" Mommy turned and frowned. "What? At least a good money to earn." She sighed again. "You're such a picky person."

"How can I be picky if I wouldn't have drop-out." Aunt Hyerin gasped. "What are you saying?! Are you trying to say that Little Jongin is at fault?!" 

Mommy did not say anything. Mommy, am I a burden to you? If I did not exist, will you able to find good career? Will you get good grades? Mommy sighed again. She turned then when to take me out from aunt Hyerin's arms. "Jongin ah. Don't listen to the bad aunt Hyerin. You are not a fault. It is daddy's and mine. But with you around, I'm sure good things will come with you around." Mommy smiles brightly that made my heart feels warm. I love you, mommy. "I love you, Little Jongin ah." Mommy starts nibbling on my lips and I was laughing at her cute nibbles on my baby lips.

Mommy was looking into newspaper advertisements and even checked on the internet for some job that suits her.

She has a hard time finding one due to she dropping out from school and they even found out about mommy being a young single mother. That did not bring her confidence down. She was proud of having me and aunt Hyerin helped her in gaining that confidence back.

Aunt Hyerin was even helpful that when mommy could not find a suitable job and no one wants her, she begged her mother to get a job for mommy. Eventually, mommy works in a café. She became the barista. Mommy was very happy and thanked aunt Hyerin's mother.

While mommy works, grandmom took care of me while granddad was working. Granddad was sad he has to leave for work or else he could have time with me too.

At this period of time, daddy probably is training very hard to be a famous kpop star. Daddy? Do you know that I am born now? When will you come and see me?

9 months later, I surprised mommy. She was having her off-day and my grandparents were not at home.

I started to stand up on my feet. "Eomma!" Mommy was in the kitchen preparing food for me. I flopped back down and crawled towards my mommy. I wanted to show her! I have to! As I reached towards the kitchen, I slowly stood up and mommy turned. Mommy was indeed so surprised. "OMO! JONGIN AH!! YOU'RE STANDING!!" I was clapping in joy and at that time, I was not good in words yet. Mommy carried me on her arms and started to kiss me.

"Did you just practiced standing up?" I just gave a sound of a yes and she was in tears. "Wish your daddy could see this too." She rested her head on mine and gave a peck on the lips. "Appa?" I surprised mommy yet again. "You want to know who is your appa?" I nodded my head.

Mommy carried me to her room. I was too young to see pictures of daddy and now, I am grown enough to look into mommy's pictures with daddy that was pasted on her wall. From that moment on, I realised that I have a good-looking father. I wanted to grab one of the pictures and without mommy looking, I grabbed a picture that has daddy back hugged mommy. "Omo!!"

Then I started to see mommy froze and she was smiling. "I'll let you see appa soon." This does not look good.

Aunt Hyerin came over after school and it was snowing. She was shivering and as soon as she sees me, I stood up and she was surprised too. "Ahh! Jongin ah! You stood up?!" Aunt Hyerin carried me and spun me around. I was laughing and I liked it when somebody spun me around.

"Yah! Miyeon ah! Do you know that Jongin just stood up?" Mommy replied, "Yup! I did! Not only that." Mommy came out from the kitchen with a bowl of baby food. She made the best baby food that I could ever tasted. I wonder what she puts in there that made my tummy big! Eating her food made me happy.

Mommy made me sit onto the baby chair and while feeding me, mommy was talking softly to aunt Hyerin.

"I think Jongin misses his daddy. He calls for appa." Aunt Hyerin does not like the sound of it. "And? What are you thinking, Miyeon ah?" Mommy was smiling while feeding me. "I was thinking. When Jongin grows up, I should..." Aunt Hyerin was listening attentively to mommy. "You should what? Finish off, Miyeon!" 

"Wait! I'm feeding Jongin." Aunt Hyerin rests her cheek on her fist while her elbow was on the table, waiting for mommy to finish off her sentence. "When Jongin grows up and Jongin oppa happened to be popular, I should bring him to see his daddy." Aunt Hyerin raised her eyebrow, "How? You're not going to just enter the SM building and be like, Hi! I'm Miyeon and this is Kim Jongin's son. People think you are delusional. If he gets popular, every child is his." Mommy just smiles and kept feeding me.

“No. Of course I won’t do that. You think I’m stupid? I’m gonna surprised him and made him suffer.” Aunt Hyerin gets what mommy is up to. “Oh no. You’re not going to leave him at his door step when he gets popular, aren’t you?” Mommy just smiles and made funny faces to me. I was laughing and smiling at mommy’s cute expression. “You want to see appa?” 

“Mm!” I knocked my hand on the table excitedly and she smiled at me. “Aigoo~ Of course you want to see appa.” 

“I don’t like the sound of this. If he gets popular, you are going to defame him with Little Jongin!”

“I want him to know that he IS a father now! This is what he gets for neglecting me and left me alone.” Mommy began to shed some tears and I began to cry as well. Aunt Hyerin was shocked and started to calm us down. “Omo… I can’t calm both of you.” 

As weeks passed by very fast, it was mommy’s another off-day and while mommy was folding clothes in the living room while I was watching Pororo, I stood up and walked slowly to mommy. I sat next to her and she was shocked. “Did you just walked?” I did not respond as my eyes were glued to the TV. 

Mommy moved to another side and I have to stick to mommy like glue! I need her to hug me while I am watching TV! Why did she move?!

I stood up again and walked to her. I surprised mommy again. She started to hug me and kiss me. She placed me on her lap and back hug me like how daddy did on the picture that I liked.

Mommy sighed. “Will you miss me if I send you to appa?” I still did not respond. Mom sighed and continued to watch Pororo with me. 


a/n: Sorry it took long for me to update. Been busy. Sighs.... Oh well, hope you like this chapter! ^^