9: Regrets & Confessions.

아빠라고 부르지 마! (Don't Call Me Daddy!)

“Crazy in love, Sehun ah. That innocent look on her face. Even Little Jongin. It’s like these two cast a spell on me.” Chanyeol samchon said. “Hyung, have you forgotten that they are Kai’s…” Chanyeol samchon turned to look at Sehun samchon. “Have you forgotten he abandoned them? At least I am man enough to step up and take care of them.”

 

“Hyung, think about our group. Our reputation.” Chanyeol samchon sighed. “I’m not going to marry her yet, Sehun ah. I have to confess and see how things go between us. If our relationship works out, I’ll pop the question.”

 

“Without Kai’s consent?” Sehun samchon asked, “Why would I need to have his consent? He doesn’t care anyway. Now, if you don’t mind, let me get Little Jongin.” Chanyeol samchon left the room and went into daddy’s room to get me shifted to another bedroom. He saw daddy still on the couch, probably do a reflection of what he has done.

 

Chanyeol samchon saw me sleeping soundly on daddy’s bed and he couldn't help it but carry me and went to Sehun samchon’s room.

 

“Yah. You can use my bed. I’ll be sleeping on yours for a few nights.” Junmyeon samchon and Sehun samchon looked at each other, while Chanyeol samchon tucked me in. I started to fidget and began to call out for daddy. “Appa~ Appa don’t go. Please.” Chanyeol samchon shushed me to sleep and patted my hips to calm me down.

 

I scooted and cuddled Chanyeol samchon’s arm, thinking that it was my daddy.

 

The next morning, I woke up next to Chanyeol samchon who hugged me like his own son. I slowly moved and got out of bed. I left and I went to daddy’s room. The door was not fully shut. So I pushed the door and peeked into the room. Daddy was there, sleeping. Kyungsoo samchon was not in his bed. Probably that was the reason the door was not closed. He probably left for his early schedule.

 

I crawled up to daddy’s bed and laid down next to him. I think he has some kind of telepathy powers. He suddenly said, “Yes, Jongin ah?” Even though daddy’s fake supernatural power was able to move to one place to another, he actually can read minds!

 

I snuggled next to him and he did not say much. He hugged me and kissed me on the nose. As he opened his eyes, he said, “I’m sorry I can’t be much of a father to you, Jongin ah. As much as I love your mother, I think…” he paused and his tears rolled down from his eyes. I wiped the tears from him and I asked, “Appa, don’t cry. Eomma loves you!!”

 

“I know but I can’t love your mother anymore. I have Krystal now.” Daddy said. I was sure that I did not understand what daddy told me. All I could ever be thought was daddy still loved mommy.

 

Chanyeol samchon stood outside of daddy’s room and overheard daddy’s conversation with me. He could not believe what he just heard. His fists were clenched tightly.

 

In the next few hours, all members will have to gather at SM building for an advertisement shooting for their upcoming Asia Tour concerts.

 

Chanyeol, Sehun, Junmyeon samchon and daddy were already in the car. Kyungsoo samchon will join us later. I was not left alone at home. Chanyeol samchon brought me along as promised to mommy. I was busy playing with my Ironman toy while sitting in between daddy and Chanyeol samchon. I tried to get daddy’s attention but he was busy with his phone.

 

Chanyeol samchon rolled his eyes at daddy and entertained me instead. Junmyeon and Sehun samchon played along too. I used Ironman as my weapon shot my samchon. All of the samchon were great actors. I only hope daddy joined in too.

 

As we reached the building, Minseok, Yixing, Tao and Jongdae samchon got off from another car behind us. Oh, I forgot to mention about Baekhyun samchon. He was already at SM recording studio to work on an OST for a drama.

 

Many fans were waiting outside just to see them and I was acknowledged by them. Calling me Kai’s Mini-me. But the one who carried me was Yixing samchon because he volunteered as I was looking too darn adorable in his eyes. I thought Yixing samchon was Korean like us but he was a Chinese man together with Tao samchon.

 

We entered the building and headed towards the dance studio where they will be doing their advertisement. Each of the samchon received a piece of paper to remember their lines but mostly Junmyeon and Chanyeol samchon will say a few words in Korean while Yixing samchon will say it in Mandarin with Junmyeon samchon.

 

Daddy sat quietly on the chair with his smile, probably a fake smile because he was not in the mood since morning. I was minding my own business behind the scenes. Chanyeol samchon allowed me to use his iPad to play a game for children with a headphone on. I have never thought that Chanyeol samchon willing to take care of me together with other samchon except for daddy. I was too young to know how he felt. Like how I always thought daddy love mommy.

 

After their recording, Chanyeol samchon came towards me and I was engrossed in the game. He said, “You seemed to enjoy the game, huh?” I could not hear him because of the volume. It was not a maximum volume but the headphones made it as if it covers the surrounding sound around me.

 

Chanyeol samchon waited for me to finish my game and he smiled at me, “Ready to go, Little Jongin?” I nodded and he carried me up. They have a very tight schedule for today and Chanyeol samchon thought of getting a bouquet for mommy to confess to her. He made an online order and made sure it delivers to their apartment so that he could give it personally to mommy before flying off.

 

As for daddy, he was in a daze and texting his girlfriend, aka, future step-mother? Hopefully not! Mommy will remain as my only mommy and daddy is my only daddy! No one can replace any of them!

 

----

 

Mommy was at home and she was on the dining table with cans of beers. She was crying the whole night, thinking and looking at the article of daddy with his new girlfriend.

 

She recalled that night she came back with Hyerin sungmo. As Hyerin sungmo left her in the apartment, mommy took out all the beer cans from her refrigerator and started drinking. Half-drunk, she ripped her pictures with daddy that was on the wall. “I HATE YOU!!! I HATE YOU!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!!!??”

 

She cut every corner of the pictures and she accidentally cut her fingers with the scissors. She did not care that she bled.

 

The next morning, Hyerin sungmo tried calling mommy but mommy’s phone was shut off because the whole night her phone has been due to the articles and the scandal pictures.

 

Mommy’s door was unlocked by Hyerin sungmo and she found the floor was in the mess and found mommy on the chair, laying her head on the table. “Miyeon..?” Sungmo walked towards mommy and saw cans of beers around her. “I can’t do this anymore, Hyerin ah. It’s over.” Hyerin sungmo also noticed dried blood on mommy’s finger.

 

“I hate him so much. He left Jongin and me for another celebrity. Fame has changed him. I know why he did this. So that I will take Little Jongin away from him. Never to appear in front of him. He hates Little Jongin. He thinks we are a burden to his career.” Hyerin sungmo did not say anything. “But Chanyeol said Jongin loves his son. But not in front of the others. I’m sure it’s just bad timing that the article came out of a sudden.”

 

Hyerin sungmo wanted to bring mommy to her room so that she could have a good rest. She felt her body temperature was hot. She placed her hand on mommy’s forehead. “You’re burning up!” Mommy did not care. She stood up and wanted to get more of the beer but mommy suddenly collapsed. “MIYEON AH!”

 

Mommy was on the bed with a doctor next to her. Hyerin sungmo called her private doctor to examine mommy. She was just stressed and lack of sleep. Hyerin sungmo helped mommy to charge her phone and minutes later, mommy’s phone vibrated continuously. Mostly were messages from Hyerin sungmo and a few from Chanyeol samchon. He requested a meet-up tonight at the cafe. Hyerin sungmo thought mommy should get some rest at home but she decided to go there herself.

 

----

 

Hyerin sungmo waited at the cafe for Chanyeol samchon to show up. Chanyeol samchon turned up and saw the figure’s back facing him, thinking that was my mommy. “Hi, Mi... “ She stood up and turned. “Where’s Miyeon…?” Chanyeol samchon was holding onto a bouquet that was meant for mommy.

 

“She’s at home. Resting. She spent the whole night crying and didn’t get some sleep.” Her house was in the mess. She saw the bouquet, “Is that for Miyeon?” He turned to the bouquet and nodded. “You’re going to confess to her? After what happened?”

 

“How… did you know?” Hyerin sungmo smiled, “I’m not an idiot when comes to love. I’ve seen a few guys lining up for her after that no use of a father left her. Can’t believe you are one of them.” She snickered and she got serious after that. “Look, for now, it’s not the best time to tell her how you feel. I know how much you adore her son too. Give her some space.”

 

“Let me see her, please. If I can’t confess to her now, at least, let me see her and be that friend in need.” She folded her arms and gave a deep thought. “Fine.” She looked around for me, “Jongin’s at home with Junmyeon and the other members.”

 

“Kai?” she asked and Chanyeol samchon frowned, “Krystal’s.” She frowned, “that jerk… Don’t tell Miyeon he’s there. She’ll end up in the hospital if she found out.” Chanyeol samchon nodded.

 

Chanyeol samchon entered the house with Hyerin sungmo in front of him. The house was smaller than their shared apartment. Hyerin sungmo brought him to mommy’s room and she was still asleep. Hyerin sungmo left both of them alone. He held on to mommy’s hand and her forehead. She slowly opened her eyes. “Chanyeol? What are you doing here?”

 

“Checking on you. Hyerin told me you were unwell. So I came to visit you.” He gave the bouquet to her. She weakly smiled. “Thank you. Where’s Little Jongin?”

 

“With the other hyung.” He could not resist himself. He really wanted to tell her how he felt about mommy. Before he could say it, mommy said, “We’re leaving tomorrow, as soon as possible. I’ll ask Hyerin to get Little Jongin. I can’t do this anymore. If your fans found out about us, EXO’s reputation will collapse because of me. By the way, is Little Jongin officially a child model?”

 

Chanyeol samchon shook his head. “Not yet.”

 

------

 

Daddy was on his way back to the apartment from his girlfriend’s. He saw Chanyeol samchon with a bouquet and got into the taxi. Daddy managed to get a taxi that passed by the area and told the driver to follow them.

 

He waited outside the cafe that Chanyeol samchon frequently visited almost every night, bringing me to see mommy. He waited in the taxi and a few minutes later, he saw Chanyeol and a woman he knew. “Hyerin? You were in this too?” Daddy got curious and followed them.

 

He told the driver to stop at a few distance away from them. Daddy paid the driver and he saw Chanyeol samchon with Hyerin sungmo entering the building. “So, this is where you stay now, Miyeon ah?” He waited for them to go to mommy’s apartment. He finally knew mommy’s unit and he walked towards the building.

 

Daddy was standing in front of the door and thinking if he should knock on the door. Daddy actually missed mommy so much. He wanted to see her and apologised for his mistakes. At the same time, daddy was thinking if he should be responsible to be a real dad. Oh, I am excited about this.

 

Daddy knocked on the door and a few minutes later, Hyerin sungmo opened it. She was shocked upon seeing daddy in front of mommy’s house and her. “Jongin ah..? What are you doing here?” Daddy gave her an angry stare and came in without being invited. “Yah!”

 

Chanyeol samchon and mommy heard the commotion. Chanyeol samchon went out from mommy’s room and daddy stopped in his tracks. “Kai.”

 

“So, this is what you are doing behind my back now? Stealing Miyeon away from me? Using my son to get to her?” Chanyeol samchon did not say anything. Mommy stood next to Chanyeol samchon and was surprised to see daddy in front of her. “Jongin oppa.” Daddy began to calm down after seeing mommy. “Miyeon.” He ran towards her and hugged her.

 

“I’m so sorry. I’m sorry that I left you without a proper goodbye and left you pregnant. I… I missed you”, daddy and mommy were in tears but mommy did not hug him back. As for Chanyeol samchon, he stood aside, looking at them.

 

Mommy lightly pushed him away. “No, you don’t. You didn’t miss me at all. You have her by your side now. You don’t need me and your son in your life anymore.” Daddy was stunned. “We’re dead to you now. We didn’t exist in your life. I’m happy that you’re doing well in your new life.” Mommy removed the necklace from her neck and gave it to daddy. “I couldn’t bare throwing this away. So I thought you could do it for me.”

 

Daddy clenched on the necklace and looked at mommy. “He said it, didn’t he?” Mommy was confused, “Said what? Who?” Daddy looked at Chanyeol samchon who shook his head. “Tell me what?” Hyerin sungmo stood behind daddy and was looking at Chanyeol samchon too. She shook her head, telling him not to say it but Chanyeol stood in front of mommy.

 

“Tell you that I have fallen for you”, mommy did not blink. She stood still and she could feel her heart was beating fast. She looked up to Chanyeol samchon, “I’m falling in love with you, Miyeon ah and your son. He may not be my real son but his innocence has touched my heart and when I met you, I am inspired.” He took mommy’s hand. “You don’t have to answer me now or tomorrow. Just, give me a little of your time and Jongin’s.”

 

She cut him, “what about your schedule?”

 

“I’ll make an effort”, he turned to daddy, “I will take good care of them, I promise.”

 

Daddy knew he could trust Chanyeol with all his heart and for mommy, he turned to look at her. “But at least let me be that good of a father to our Little Jongin.” Mommy smiled and nodded. “We have to keep this as quiet as possible. I probably will hide this secret away from Krystal too. Hyung, don’t shed a single tear from her eyes.”

 

Chanyeol samchon nodded. “So, are you still leaving us to somewhere?” Chanyeol samchon asked. “For the sake of Little Jongin, we have to leave maybe for a few years. Little Jongin has too much spotlight after what had happened.” They nodded in agreement. Daddy gave mommy one last embrace and a peck on her cheek. “Be happy, Miyeon ah.” She smiled and walked away.

 

Chanyeol samchon stood there next to mommy. She turned to him and took his hand. He looked down to his hand and to mommy. “Let’s date.” Chanyeol samchon was happy than ever. He smiled at her and as he turned to face her, he cupped her cheeks and leaned down to kiss her lips.

 

A few minutes later, daddy showed up again. “Yah! I just left you for a few minutes and you’re already kissing her…??” Chanyeol samchon and mommy laughed. “I guess he still has little feelings for you”, Chanyeol samchon whispered to her.


 


a/n: alright my readers, the 10th chapter is the last chapter of this fanfic. This is what it was planned from the beginning. Just that i had major writer's block and busy with another fanfic and my life. I apologise if the chapter is kind of dry. HAPPY NEW YEAR~!


(wait a minute... why did i upload that ^^^...???)

..::~ BONUS ~::..


>> SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTRA BONUS YOU COULD FAINT AND DIE <<



gifs are randomly from google image and all rights will be credited to the owner of the gifs.
(thanks for the hotness..)

To my readers, stay tune for the last chapter~