Eighth Chapter

Bad Flower

 

 

 

 

 

Love and Ownership. Two different words. Different in spelling, different in meaning.

Love is a strong affection for another arising out of kinship.

Ownership is claiming something to be yours.

But when it comes to two people who fortuitously crossed paths regardless of them liking it or not,


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...could they conclude to themselves that love and ownership are totally amalgamated?

---------------------------------------------------------------


MONAE

I was both afraid and relieved at the same time when my family found out what I have done. The burden of guilt was somewhat taken off my shoulder. But the wrong thing I did keep nagging in the back of my mind as I touch my stomach, wondering whether my child would pay for my mistakes in the past.

 


“I’m sorry baby! Mom is such a brat— I promise you— I will keep you safe!!!”

 



— FLASHBACK: Hospital Scene —

“Can we speak with Mo Nae, Ji Hoo? Alone.” Tae Ra asked politely.
 

“NO!!! He’ll stay with me. He knows it more than you do!” Mo Nae shouted, her voice trembling and tightly grabbed Ji Hoo’s arm.
 

“I am not leaving you, Mo Nae.” Ji Hoo soothingly calmed her with his soft voice. He hugged her and kissed her forehead to assure her.
 

He turned to Tae Ra and Mrs. Hong. “You can talk to her, but please don’t stress her it’s not good for her condition.”
 

Tae Ra slowly walked towards the bed. “Mo Nae, what have you done?” She asked afraid of what she would hear.
 

“I— I— shot— him.” Mo Nae whispered while still sniffing and avoided her mother and sister’s eyes.
 

“Why?!” Tae Ra asked with despair in her voice. “You shouldn’t have done it!!” She suddenly yelled, then she turned to her mother who was behind Yoon Ji Hoo. She glared at her. “Mom! This is you all your fault!”
 

“I want to get vengeance!” Mo Nae simply yelled back and held on Ji Hoo’s arm tightly. “And why did it become mom’s fault?”
 

Tae Ra looked at their mother in anger.
 

“Now is not the time to discuss this. We have a kid here. She shouldn’t be listening to these things.” Mrs. Hong curtly said as she covered So Dam’s ears with her hands.

She approached her youngest daughter and gave her a tight hug. “My poor baby, do not blame yourself about what happened, okay? Why did you keep it in you? I’m so sorry, baby, you have to go through this!”

 

“But mom?” Mo Nae wondered.
 

Hush! Let mother handle this problem.” Mrs. Hong assured and kissed Mo Nae’s cheek. “Let’s leave Tae Ra and don’t give me that look.” She warned her eldest daughter.

She turned her head to her daughter’s fiancé and smiled. “Take care of her, Ji Hoo!”

— END —



---------------------------------------------------------------


JI HOO

I found Mo Nae sitting under the shade in the middle of the garden. Even from afar, I can see sadness in her eyes just like the first time I saw her, but she has been always beautiful in my eyes. Deep in my heart, I want to erase that unhappiness in her. I would like to see her smile that reaches her eyes and I want to hear her laugh. And those lips—

What am I thinking— again?

I went to her and sat beside her.

 

“Mo Nae?” I asked her. “How long have you been out here? Have you eaten breakfast?”


She looked up and stared at me. Then she gave me a frail smile.

 

“I had some breakfast earlier.” She replied then asked, “Ji Hoo, can I ask you something?”
 

“Yes.” I said immediately and stared at her.
 

“Are you—uhm— happy marrying me?” She asked hesitantly.

“I know you are just marrying me because of the baby, but I will understand if you back out. I’ll permit you to see the kid whenever you want.”

“I don’t want to burden you and I don’t think I am fit to be your wife.” She added afterwards.


I looked at her morose eyes that are full of guilt. I felt a sharp pang of pain inside me. I want to exterminate and relieve her of all those misery and replace it with pure euphoria. Moreover, I want myself to be the one who will give it to her.

With that realization, I came to acknowledge the fact that I, the great Yoon Ji Hoo, has fallen in love with her.

She maybe the exact opposite of what my ideal girl or dream wife is, but I think I should accept that she is the one that invaded my heart and soul.

With that acceptance, I felt happy inside and everything around me seems extra bright and colourful. As I looked at her face, a smile formed in my lips that are full of love.

I leaned over and kiss her lips.
Seeing her surprise response, I kissed her again, this time, on the tip of her nose.

 

“Don’t ever say you are a burden to me.” And another kiss on her forehead. “I would be very happy to marry you anywhere and anytime, that includes today, anytime of the day.”
 


“But—” Her confused attempt to reply.
 


I silenced her with a kiss on her lips again. Those soft lips of hers, they are mine. I pulled her closer to me as I continued kissing her, soft and gentle at first, then with exigency and craving after. She kissed me back with equal passion. It has been eight weeks since we last kissed each other. The kiss lasted for so long until we felt the need for more air. I let go of her lips, but pulled her nearer. I started showering her face and neck with kisses. She wrapped her arms around me and gave out those soft moans that are music to my ears.

As we lay on the grass, feeling each other’s body with no cares in the world. Showering each other with passionate kisses and enjoying each other’s touch. It seemed like we were the only two people in the world. I don’t want to end this euphoric feeling. I can’t get enough of her.

 


“You are mine.” I couldn’t hold it as I confessed my inner feelings for her.

---------------------------------------------


MO NAE

I was fearful of what his answers about marrying me would be. In my mind, I want him to marry me because he wants to and not just because of the child. In the last few days, he was all I wanted for a boyfriend and even for a husband.

Even if he’s busy with his work, he makes sure that he spends quality time with me. He may not love me, but he does care for me. I always feel special and loved whenever we are together. I started to love him that same moment when I kissed him.

But I was surprised that his response to my question was a kiss. And what he said thereafter was like a manna that lifted all my burdened feelings inside.

And there it was again. The feeling of completeness. His kisses, his touches, and his voice. My heart and soul seemed to sing in happiness. I answered his kisses and touches with as much fervour and even more. I didn’t want to end this moment, his body on mine. I wanted it to last forever.

I looked at him in pure happiness when he said I am his. I couldn’t stop my tears from pouring out, but this time, they were tears of joy. And I just hugged him compactly and continued crying. I didn’t want to let go. Not now, not ever.

 

“I love you, Ji Hoo!”


I pulled away a little to have a sight of his eyes. My heart leaped faster as he just remained looking at me without a word. He must be shocked of what I just said, but I didn’t regret it. It’s the truth and although I’m scared of being rejected, I couldn’t take the words back. What’s said is said and I prepared myself for what his answer would be.

 

“Weren’t you listening to what I just told you?” He asked me instead.
 

I stared at him full of mystification as I didn’t get what he meant by that.

He leaned down closer with our lips almost touching.

 

“I said YOU ARE MINE.” He repeated with strong emphasis on the last three words.
 

Even if those words were not the same three words that I confessed, it offered me reassurance that for once, and finally in my life, I have found my own contentment with a man that would cater the same concern that I’m eager to give.

---------------------------------------------------------------