Second Chapter

Bad Flower

 

 

 

 

 

Hong Mo Nae, an absolute brat girl who was betrayed twice. First by her fiancé and second, by her own brother.

It didn’t have much impact on her the first time around as it was just an arranged marriage, but it was still painful for her. She found her comfort zone in the presence of her ‘brother,'  Shin Gun Wook, who happened to cheat on her as well. What hurts the most was that he cheated with her elder sister. It's not that she and Gun Wook had a serious relationship that what he did could be referred to as ‘cheating.’ But for Mo Nae, it was. Because after the heartbreak from her fiancé, she told herself that she likes her Gun Wook oppa and she showed everyone that she would do anything to win his love. But because of her jealousy, possessiveness and the pain, she ended up killing her own brother.

 

A week has passed since the shooting incident happened. Now, Mo Nae was already on a cruise ship that tours around some countries in Europe. She decided to take this trip in order to let all the pain go and start anew. She’s tired of being hurt and she wants to develop the stronger side of her.

She thinks that maybe it’s still possible for her to fall in love again. Sure, no one knows that Gun Wook died and she was the one who caused it. But she has a big question on her mind.

 

If she met someone who would be able to return all the love that she’s willing to offer…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…will he be able to accept everything about her?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

MO NAE

It was around midnight when I decided to go out of my room to enjoy the calm and peaceful environment around the wide ocean. I couldn’t go to sleep so I went to the uppermost deck of the ship only to meet the cold breeze of the midnight air.
 

I didn’t find anyone there so it was a relief. I could stay here in stillness. The strong wind controlled my hair and the edging of my clothes as they flew back freely. I feel like I’m flying with the wind itself.

I climb on the railings of the ship until the third level, it has five layers. Slowly, I extended my arms on both ends and let the airstream land on my whole being. I like this scenario. It seems that all the excruciating feelings within me caused by Sang Mo, Gun Wook oppa, and my family, flew along with the air. I stayed like this for a moment.

 

 

As I was enjoying the night scenery, the loud noise of the ship’s horn shocked me and I accidentally slipped. I fell from where I was before, but I was able to hold on to one of the railings, which prevented me from falling to the cold ocean.

I was afraid. One wrong move and I don’t know where I’d be. I felt my heart beating loudly and tears began going out of my eyes. What am I going to do now?

 

"HELP! HELP ME! PLEASE! HELP!"

 

I shouted, but no one was hearing me. Panic took over me now. I held on tighter to the railing that I was holding.

No! This couldn’t be the end of me. I haven’t straightened my messed up life yet. I have to hold on. I couldn’t die like this.

 

"PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP!"

 

I screamed again hoping that someone, even if it’s just only one person, would hear me.

 

After a while, I heard footsteps approaching my direction. I looked up and saw a man looking down on me. I couldn’t see his face clearly but I saw him extending his hand for me to reach. But it was too late. My hand slipped and I fell on the ocean.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

JI HOO

 

Oh my God! What am I to do? The unknown lady fell already.

Fortunately, a member of the crew also heard her screams as I did while I’m strolling around the deck. But the only thing he had was a rope. A freaking rope.


“What the hell?” I asked him.
 

“Sorry! I panicked when I heard the splash of the water! I don’t know what else to bring.”
 

Instead of listening more to his explanations, I hurriedly dived into the deep ocean and tried to find any signs of the lady who just fell. I was planning to do it earlier but the thought of how we are going to go back to the ship bothered me. But now that the man had a rope with him made me think that he could also help us with that.
 

I saw the lady struggling under the cold water. I lifted her up to the surface and motioned the crew to throw the rope. To my surprise, there were already five of them. So all I did was hold on to the rope while my other hand was holding this girl. Her eyes were closed. I guess she had already taken in a lot of water. I let the five men pull us up as I examined the face of this young lady in my arms. She looks so familiar.

 

Wait, is she Hong Mo Nae?
 


I was still dazed by her beauty while we were being pulled up. She has the perfect features that every man on earth could dream of. Too bad, I don't have any interest on bratty girls at all.

When we reached the top, I immediately put her down. The five men were still in panic. Seriously, they call themselves members of the crew of this ship when all they do is panic when a life is in danger?
 

“Calm down! It’s not going to help!” I yelled at them.
 

They all shut their mouths after that. Good. Now I can concentrate.
 

I tried to tap Mo Nae’s shoulder to see if she would respond. No response – check the breathing. I tilted her head and opened to check the breathing. But yet again, no response.
 

I place my two fingers on her wrist to feel her pulse rate. Yes, it was present but it was very weak to be recognized easily. It’s fortunate that I’m a doctor.
 

I slightly opened and pinched her nose to stop the air that I was about to give her from coming out. I lowered my head to start the sequence – two breaths and thirty compressions. But I stopped when I placed my mouth on hers. The touch of her soft lips against mine…


Oh what the hell am I thinking? I’m in the middle of an emergency!
 

I gave her two breaths, immediately placed my hands over her chest and began pumping it thirty times. I repeated the cycle three times before she finally coughed out the water. I pulled her up to a sitting position and asked, “Are you fine now, Mo Nae?”
 

She looked at me with those teary eyes of hers. “Yoon Ji Hoo?” she asked me.

 

I nodded at her.

 

The five men then said that they were going to leave since everything was fine and the two of us knew each other. I thanked them as they took their leave.

 

I gave my attention back to Mo Nae. Tears were already falling out of her eyes. All of a sudden, she embraced me tight. I felt her tensed body pressed against mine.

I removed my coat and put it around her so that the cold feeling wouldn’t be too much for her. She began sobbing.

 

“I was afraid,” she uttered in between those sobs.
 

“I know, I know. It’s all right now,” I replied while smoothing her wet hair.
 

We stayed on that position for a while until I no longer heard her cries.
 

“Mo Nae?” I asked as I pulled her away. Her eyes were already closed.

 

My heart began beating fast thinking that something bad happened again. I held her wrist and checked her breathing again. I sighed in relief knowing that she just fell asleep. I fixed her position so that I could carry her easily. When I stood up, I remembered that I do not know where her room is. So I decided to just bring her to my room.

 

I was about to lay her on my bed when a thought came into mind – the sheets will be soaked and as a doctor, I know it wouldn’t be good for her to sleep on her wet condition. She might acquire some respiratory illness for that.


I put her down on the couch first and proceeded to my closet to get some comfortable clothes for her. When I went to her side, I felt my face heat up upon the thought of changing her clothes.

Sure, I’m a health worker and it’s not new for me to see the human anatomy of different patients. But why do I feel so nervous right now? I’m sure her structures are just the same with those female patients I’ve handled before.


Whatever. Rather than her catching a cold, I have to do it.

I removed my coat around her. Knowing the principles of patient’s privacy, I put a blanket over her body first before pulling up her blouse over her head. I inserted the towel under the blanket to wipe her upper body before putting on my dry shirt.

Then it was time for her lower body.
I did the same process until I finished wiping her with the towel. After that, I pulled up my pajamas still under the blanket, but I found it hard.

 

Damn! So this is what nurses and other staff do to their patients? I saw them doing this and it seemed easy for them. But is it this hard to do? I pulled up the blanket a little and that gave me a chance to have a glimpse of her slender legs. Then I immediately pulled the pajamas up to avoid the annoying thoughts. I sighed when I was done with it.
 

Carefully, I carried her again and laid her gently on my bed. She was in her deep slumber as she didn’t wake up during the changing of clothes process. I caressed her forehead as I watched her sleeping calmly on my bed. I was about to get up to sleep on the couch when I heard her say something.
 

“Don’t leave me I’m scared It’s cold
 

I turned around to see if she was awake, but no, she was still sleeping with one of her hands raised as if looking for someone. I walked back to the bed and held her hand that she was raising.
 

“Okay, I’m here. I won’t leave you,” I told her and she stopped mumbling words.
 

This girl must really be lonely. I wonder what happened to her in the past that made her take this trip.

With her strong grip on my hand, I decided to sleep on the bed with her. I slid under the covers beside her. Warmth spread all over me as soon as our bodies touched. I pulled her closer and wrapped my other arm around her for her to feel more secured, while my other hand was still being held by her.
 

As I was looking at her sleeping form, I asked myself again, is she that mysterious as I am?

It really makes me curious. But I don’t want to meddle with other people’s life.

I felt my eyes become heavy and slowly, I also moseyed to my dream land.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------