Love and Lies

Love Broke our Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye agreed to go with him and he couldn't be happier. Since he had never shown his face to the public as the CEO of the company, he would often just watch the fashion show on TV. The only time he did go to an event, he acted as any other person who just went to watch. But he was almost discovered when one of his designers greeted him. A lot of people asked who he was and in the end a big lie was formed.

He walked through the airport trying to see where the others were. Shin Hye caught a sight of him and ran over to him. "You're early."

He got close and whispered in her ear. "Its our first flight together, I wouldn't miss it."

That made her nervous. She sat down and played with her phone until it was their turn to board the plane. It was actually Min Ho's private jet. They were just waiting for it to be ready.

Min Ho had to almost force Shin Hye to sit next to him. Soo Hyang watched as he openly touched Shin Hye. It was as if he didn't care that they were around. There was a lot of complaint on who he was taking. Shin Hye was excluded from the four and she didn't know why, but she was going to get to the bottom of it. Well, putting aside the fact that Min Ho brought her because he likes her.

"Oppa, you want something to drink?" She used any excuse to getting further from him. But he just held onto her arm.

"Nope, I'm not thirsty. Why do you want something? I'll get it for you." He made a motion to stand.

She shook her head. "I know I agreed to come, but I don't want you to think that I accept to being anything else but friends."

He nodded. "I already told you I wasn't going to push you over the limit. I'm just glad that you're here with me."

"I'm tired."

"Oh okay. Rest." He sighed discouraged. This was supposed to be a time where they would just talk to each other. He was filling his head up with illusions and he's just going to end up hurt.

Shin Hye closed her eyes and leaned back in her chair, it wasn't the most comfortable thing but it will have to do.

During the flight, Min Ho started to fall asleep and his head landed on her shoulder. Shin Hye who was a light sleeper awoke from her sleep when she felt the weight. Maybe she was overreacting but she wished that they could always be like this. She remembered that whenever they rode the bus together, she would tend to fall asleep and he was always there like a pillow. She looked down and noticed that his hand was over hers, she decided to hold onto his hand. He deserved a chance more than anyone in the world. He was attentive, caring, and you could count on his support. She had to make a decision. He was right the push and pull game has gone for too long. She didn't want to keep what she felt for him anymore, she hated the fact that others were trying to get him, it would be better if she just took him for herself in order for everyone to stay away.

*****

Everybody entered the penthouse and settled themselves. Shin Hye just watched as they made themselves at home. She stood by the door waiting for anybody to explain to her what she should do.

Min Ho came up to her and picked up her luggage. "Sorry, you must feel awkward. I take the same people for the trip to New York. They just know what there is to know, so they make themselves comfortable." He motioned for her to follow him. He gave her the room next to his. he opened the door and her eyes widened.

"This is huge." She ran to the window and looked out. "I guess I’m not the only one who has a place with an amazing view." She teased.

"I want to show you about the beauty of New York. This city never sleeps."

"Well then if you're free, why don't you take me somewhere?"

"I really want you to get a better view of New York, and tomorrow I have the day off."

Shin Hye felt giddy, she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. When she tried to let go, Min Ho held onto her tightly. She met his eyes. When she realized where he was looking, she pressed her lips together.

They heard as the others called out from Min Ho. Min Ho let go of her and Shin Hye walked to the door, "Thanks for carrying my luggage."

Min Ho pinned her between the wall and him. "That's it, a simple thanks?"

"Why? Do you want a tip?" A smile played on her lips.

He took a hold of her waist and grabbed her nape. He waited for her to stop him, she did.

"They're calling you."

He groaned. "I'm coming." He yelled. He slammed the door when leaving the room.

Shin Hye laughed at his frustration.

******

Min Ho took Shin Hye out but to the most unexpected place. He wanted to sky dive. She thought he would've taken her to the statue of liberty, or maybe to central park but it was none of that. "Are you in the right state of mind?"

"Come on, it could be fun besides when will you ever have a chance to skydive in New York again." He thought it was a good idea to do something he has never done before with the person he loves.

Shin Hye bit her lip as they put the harness on her.

Min Ho leaned in, "Do yo want to be strapped with me or do you want to be by yourself?"

"With you." If she was going to die, it wasn't going to be alone.

He smiled cheekily. Once they were on the plane and it was their turn. She held tightly onto his hand.

"Ready?" He whispered. He was ready to push her into the wind, knowing that she would change her mind.

She shook her head. "Let's just tell them to take us back do...." Too late he threw them into the savage wind. Shin Hye closed her eyes. She was so scared she couldn't scream.

"Open your eyes." It wasn't a question, it was a command.

She peeked and open widely in amazement. He took her hand and stretched it out. Her fingers were tickled by the wind. You could see the whole city, you could see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.

"Do you like it?" He heard nothing and he couldn't even see her reaction. She was so silent that it made him think she didn't look.

"I love it. Thank you for showing me this."

"You told me you wanted to climb the mountain with someone special to you. I wanted to do this with someone like you." He entwined their fingers together.

"Why do you do this to me? Why do you make it so hard on me?"

"I would do anything for you. And before we hit the ground take a good look at this place. I want you to remember that no matter where we are and no matter what circumstances we are under, my love for you will only grow. I want to tell you that all the amazing things that I have done in my life, they all have been with you. I want to be with you forever."

Shin Hye couldn't say anything, she only felt when the parachute was pulled and the air pulling them back. As they landed on the ground, she quickly unstrapped herself and went to change. She didn't know what to say, she didn't know how to respond.

*****

It was a hectic day in the penthouse. Everyone was getting ready for the fashion show. Min Ho sat at the couch and watched the T.V. silently.

Shin Hye waited until everybody left before sitting next to him. She cleared .

"I realized I should've let you go along. It's not fair that you won't get to see your first show."

She shook her head, "I know the reason why you wanted me here was so I could keep you company. Don't worry, one day I'll be able to come back and I'll get to sit in the front row."

He tilted his head. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Come on, we can't just sit here."

"What else could we do?"

"How about we go out and eat somewhere? Then we can come back and watch a movie." She suggested. His face looked glum and she didn't want to see him so down.

"I don't feel like going out."

She sighed. "Then, what do you have in mind?"

"Let's just order food and we can watch a movie." When he realized that wouldn't make her happy he added, "We can go out to eat tomorrow. Then if you want we can go and play laser tag."

She beamed. "You promise?" She held out her pinky.

He laughed seeing such childish act. He entwined his finger with hers. "I promise and I cross my heart."

She grabbed for the phone and handed it to him. She waited until he finished the order so she could ask him a question she has been wondering to herself ever since she saw him again."How come you have not presented yourself as the CEO?"

He adverted his gaze, he didn't want to tell her. It would only make him feel bad.

"It's because you didn't want me to find you." She had her suspicions. It was kind of obvious, someone who got away and tried to hide won't just show their face in public. She felt kind of bad that because of her, he couldn't do a lot of things for his company. He couldn't be there to recieve the applause and attention for creating something so big and wonderful. If anything she should say sorry for coming into his life.

"It was childish of me to run away. And yeah I did try to hide, but I knew that I was going to find you again. Out on the streets or something. We live in the same city, that's why I chose to work until late hours." He told her being honest.

"Did you ever wonder where I was? Did you even think about me?" Shin Hye asked because she wanted to hear that he missed her, she wanted to hear him say it again.

"I never thought to look for you, I didn't want to remind myself of my sudden leave. Yet, that stuck with me every day and I cursed at myself for not confessing before but what we had was precious. I knew you were special since the day I met you. I thought of you and it hurt to look for you."

"Is that why you dated? In order to forget me?"

"Yes and no. I wanted to be able to move on. But, I also wanted to love somebody. I was creating something and I had no one to share it with. All those women, they were just with me because of my money, they didn't care about me."

"But what about Soo Hyang? What about Yeon Seo?" They were the only women who got on Shin Hye's nerve. It was because they both wanted Min Ho and they seem to truly feel something for him.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way. But my relationship with her was serious. I did spend a lot of time at work but she understood for a while. But at the beginning we were fine, we would go on dates and do the things that couples do. It got to the point when I thought of marriage but all of the sudden I just backed away. I thought to myself if what I really felt for her was love or if it was comfort. She knows a lot about me, she is a good friend. And Yeon Seo, I knew I wasn't the guy for her. She would probably expect too much of the relationship. You can see it in her eyes the way that she would want to be loved and I just can't love anyone but you." There was someone else who he almost got engaged too but it didn't happen. He wasn't about to bring that up.

"I understand about Yeon Seo. But if you were serious about Soo Hyang you shouldn't have backed away. I was there when she asked for a second chance."

His forehead creased and Shin Hye realized why. She scowled.

"You were eavesdropping on my conversation that is so very unlike you Shin Hye." He laughed.

She hit his arm. "I wans't eavesdropping I just happened to be in that area when you guys were talking."

He rubbed his arm and smiled knowing that he was right. "You stop to listen to the conversation."

"That's not what's important right now."

"In other words, you are pushing me to her." He frowned.

"No, I just want to know why you rejected her." She leaned her face tow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter