The Picture

Love Broke our Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you two doing?" Shin Hye stood at the door, looking at their position. After Soo Hyun left, she wanted to see what Min Ho and So Ra were talking about out of curiosity. She never expected to find them in this position.

Min Ho pushed So Ra off and hurried towards Shin hye. "I can explain."

So Ra stood there, it was time to tell Shin Hye that she liked Min Ho. Tell her that she should back off a bit so that she could get closer to him. She wiped the tears that were falling fro her eyes.

Shin Hye felt a little pang of sadness. Everything made sense now. The girl he likes is So Ra. Being her best friend, she could tell. The description he gave her fitted perfectly. Seeing that So Ra was the one with the hands around his neck, means that she likes him too. "You like So Ra?!" Now that she thought about it, it didn't seem like such a good thing. Ha Neul also likes So Ra, is this why she always ignored him. Wait but he said that he knows who she likes.

"No!!! It's not like that." Min Ho waved his hands. He needed to explain to her, that So Ra isn't the girl. He isn't ready to tell Shin Hye that he likes her. He wants her to be able to feel it too, hopefully.

"So Ra, explain to her." After all she was the one that got him into this mess.

"Shin Hye, I can't hold it in anymore. I like Min Ho oppa." She felt relieved. Hiding that from her was torture.

"I know that, I mean I just saw it with my own eyes. What's going on? Are you two going to date right now?" She understands, she used be the girl surrounded by a lot of guys. How would it affect their friendship if the two were to date? Would it be uncomfortable? Thinking about it her reactions towards him were different.

"Yah, tell her. Why are you keeping quiet?" Min Ho glared at So Ra. When she said nothing he exhaled harshly. "Fine, I'll tell her. Shin Hye, So Ra has liked me since high school. I requested that she would stay away from me, but I guess she didn't get it. I wanted to stop being friends with her, but that would mean that we would make you come in between us. What you just saw, it was completely one sided." He explained.

"So Ra, really? How come Ha Neul knows and I don't know. I thought I was your best friend. Even so I wouldn't be stuck in the middle." She felt bad for Ha Neul. It would have been better if it wasn't someone they were all close too.

"Best friend? I think we had a talk like this already. Once again you are getting closer to him and forgetting my existence. Also, Shin Hye its all your fault that oppa won't look at me." So Ra was ready to tell the truth. If she wanted to, she could tell Shin Hye words that would hurt her. As a 'best friend', she knows all of her weaknesses.

"So Ra, cut it out!" Min Ho said through gritted teeth. "How is it my fault?!" Shin Hye exclaimed. "Shin Hye, don't listen to her!" He covered So Ra's mouth.

She spoke as his hand kept covering . " I just told you, you just get closer to him and do not give me any space. I missed him like crazy. And...."

"Enough!!!!" Min Ho cut her off. "Didn't you hear me?!!!! I said I could not even bear to be your friend anymore. You are pushing the limits, the boundaries."

"You are just blind because..you" So Ra stopped herself. She was not certain that it was such a good idea to tell Shin Hye. It might just make her realize that she likes him. Over the time, Shin Hye has forgotten what it meant when you liked someone. Even though guys constantly hit on her, she doesn't seem to know that Min Ho likes her. He is kind of obvious. "I should go."

"So Ra, hold up! I want to talk to you, I need to." Shin Hye called out to her as she rushed out of the room. He let out a breath of relief. For a second, he actually thought she would expose him.

"You should have told me." Shin Hye told him.

He turned to her and grasped her arms. "There is nothing you could do. If I told you, you might have actually helped her win me over. Think about it, you would have found ways for me and So Ra to be alone together. You would make Ha Neul agree with you that he needs to forget So Ra."

"I wouldn't do that. Specially when Ha Neul likes her. I..I.." She tried to think of what she could do but she has no idea.

"Shin Hye, you want me to tell you why you would do that. It's because you would do anything for So Ra. For her happiness. Let me remind you that even when she just pretended to be weak, you like a fool, would help her. Even if you had to do things and your own problems, you would forcefully push them aside just so that you can help her."

Shin Hye looked at the floor. He was right, but she just wanted to be a good friend. "I was just acting like her bestfriend."

"No, you weren't. You acted like you were her mom. You pitied her for not having the attention from her family. You pity her because she was always pushed aside and her brother got all the attention. Do you know how many times she has envied you?" He was trying to knock some sense into her head. He thought that maybe after all those years Shin Hye could finally see who So Ra really is.

"She's my FRIEND!!!!! Have you gone insane. Min Ho, I never expected that you would make up stuff about her." She couldn't believe it. So Ra who stood by her for as long as she could remember. Whom she could tell anything and it wouldn't matter. The person who was like family. Envy? What for? It made no sense.

He grasped her arms tighter. "She's jealous because you have something that she can't have." His voice softened.

"What? What do I have?" She looked into his eyes. She felt like his stare would make her heart explode. For once, she forgot about the time and place.

He let her go, not wanting to reveal anymore. How is she so clueless? Can't she tell the effect she has over him? In that moment, he wanted to know what it felt like to kiss her senseless. "One day. One day you'll find out the thing that she wants to take away from you." Even though it was his office, he rushed out and left her there. The longer he stayed, the more time she had to ask questions.

Shin Hye placed a hand on her chest and spoke to her heart as if it was a person. "Get your mind together. You really are going crazy."

*******************

8 years ago...............

So Ra ran to her first class, it was now her third year in high school. She has always been a tardy person. Today it was not her fault that she was running late. Her family was celebrating that this was her brother's last year in high school. They never did these things for her. They barely remembered her birthday. She can vaguely make out the last time her parents did something for her. Over time she got used to it, she didn't have much friends. Yet she is smart, one of the smartest students. She wants to make herself feel proud even though her parents would never pat her on her back and congratulate her for all her efforts. She entered the classroom and bowed to the teacher saying her apology. The teacher told her to sit in an empty seat. This is when she met him.

Lee Min Ho. He was her sunbae. He was in his second to last year of school. He was like the prince of the school. Now since this class was an elective, it meant that students from different grades were put into this class. This class was art class. One of her passions. She loved anthing that involved creativity. Back to the point, on the first day they did not speak but it did not bother her. In fact she was too nervous to even say anthing. He was the guy that everyone knew and all the guys envied. Even with his popularity, he was not a talker. That's what she heard.

Now Shin Hye that was So Ra's best friend. Shin Hye's family was warm and they always welcomed her. Shin Hye is someone whom one cannot describe. She is too nice for her own good. Everyone loved her, teachers, boys, girls, and just about anyone who came her way. She couldn't wait to tell Shin Hye about Lee Min Ho. As she walked to meet up with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter