It doesn't matter

Love Broke our Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho would love to wake up to her, maybe she should just move in with him. He ran a hand through her soft hair. Pressing cheek to her head he closed his eyes. He didn't care about work or anything related to it. If only it meant staying in her arms forever. There they won't have any arguments.

Shin Hye shifted in her sleep before throwing a leg over his torso and mumbling incoherently. 

Min Ho tensed and tried to pry her leg away. He shook her a bit. 

"I'm awake." She said softly. 

He sighed in relief, maybe doing something like that wasn't what he expected. 

"I want to talk to you about something very serious." She took a deep breath before rubbing her eyes and looking at him. 

He ran his hand along her arm. "Didn't we say more than enough?"

"About that..." She bit her lip grabbing onto the hem of his white shirt. "When are you going to clear up the rumors of you dating Eun Hye?" 

"You don't have anything to worry about." He laid his head back down on the pillow. "Those rumors just slip away as time goes by and next thing you know I'm paired with someone else."

 "It hits me." She mumbled sighing when he tilted his head. "I don't like it, if I want to move a step ahead with the Lee Min Ho, I want him to make it clear. I want you to take a step forward. I know that it's a scary thought, but nothing will happen to me. You don't have to protect me."

"But that's my duty, or that's what I yearn for. You're my girlfriend and I need to be able to keep you away from harm. That's the only way to show your parents and we'll our family." He intertwined their hands together. 

"I believe that a man who stands by a woman is the most admirable. It feels like you're being a coward by running off and doing this."

"You feel unimportant? Is that why we're going to have an argument again?" His forehead creased. 

"I never want to fight but I have priorities too. There are things that make me feel love and I need you to understand that. I get it, I'm a bit jealous. And it makes me feel like the minor in the relationship. I want us to come to terms and make agreements." She showed him a disappointed look even though she didn't want to hurt him. 

"Look Eun Hye had never been a threat."

She felt her eyes water, he wouldn't understand. "It's never been about her. It's about the fact that if you were dating her you would show the whole world, but you rather keep me in the dark."

He held onto her tightly as she struggled to get free. "It's not wrong. I protect you and along with that your career." 

"If that's what this is about then just fire me. I don't need something so unnecessary to ruin my love life."

"Isn't this more troubling for me? I tell everybody and then what, your work isn't famous because of effort is famous because of the backup. Besides news like that would make your family know. And I know you don't want that."

"Okay that's. I don't know how to explain it. The problem isn't my family, the problem is me. I just don't think I'm doing the right thing. I was always taught that friendship lasts forever. Then here we are, So Ra basically hates me but she has my family on her side. And I want you to be there. I want you in my future."

"Why didn't you tell me about your insecurities then? I love you, when had that been a doubt. I know the So Ra topic isn't over. And I want to come up with an agreement of some sort." He touched her face in gentle touches. 

"Can you make paces with her? I don't know there has to be a way in which she could sort of close the topic of you two behind her. I think you're her first love, that's why it's so hard. She's so hard on herself and you could show her that she isn't bad but that everybody has someone whom they already love."

He bit his bottom lip. He wanted to tug his hair out to pieces. "That woman cannot be reached."

"Well if you charmed her and you managed to charm me then you must've of gotten through."

He laughed. "Don't make witty comments. Besides I only wanted to flirt with you." 

She punched him on the shoulder lightly. "You're a nerd. What pick up lines you going to use." She decided to further. "I know."

"Not that one please." He tried to cover . 

She bit him lightly. "If you were a triangle you'd be acute one." She grinned mischievously.

Min Ho groaned. "I would not use that. I wasn't that big of a nerd."

"You practically lived and breathed school. Whether it was for sports or staying to tutor, you were always there present."

"Good thing I didn't tutor you."

She pinched him. "You can't handle this." 

That's the way he wanted it to be. At that moment the way her laugh rung in the room, his heart filled with warmth. He rather listen to her teasing then to hear the ways their love was impossible.

*****

Ha Neul smiled as he reached out to hold Kim Ji Won 's hand. "I'm so glad you're here. How was London? How were the pictures for Vogue?" 

Kim Ji Won was a model he had met during a photoshoot. She managed to talk to him and he learned that they had the same passion for photography, it was just that she rather be the center of attention. 

She smiled widely. "You wouldn't believe how blissful it all felt. I was in love with the outfits. But I missed you so much, I counted the days." 

"Well they went fast enough. Do you want to go eat?" 

"Yeah but I want to make sure that this is what you want. That this is the correct decision."

"What do you mean?" He tilted his head. 

Her body grew stiff as So Ra entered the doorway. "I don't want to be the replacement. Whether that girl is the one or not?  If you want to fight for her or stay with me."

"Is this where you've been running off to?" So Ra said accusingly. 

Ji Won smiled. "The look on your face makes me kind of disappointed." She tried to let go but he tightened his grip. 

He turned around because it was time for him to get a grip, he can no longer fall for something as painful as her. "You've never looked for me so you never knew what I was doing." 

"I thought I will always have you around." She wiped her eyes dramatically. 

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter