Finding Him

Love Broke our Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Shin Hye and Kang So Ra entered the magnificent building. It stood huge and tall in front of them. They have been looking for a company to work at, they were tired of free lance work and wanted to get a real job. Shin Hye couldn't believe it when she saw the ad. How can the biggest fashion company in Korea, no, the biggest fashion company in Asia, start to hire people who do not have much expierience. Shin Hye was only 23 when the company started, she didn't really admire it much, but after their first fashion show, she would follow up on its news. Her best friend So Ra and her had a lot of dreams, and things that they need to do in their bucketlist. But the only thing for sure is that the want to work in one of the most recognizable companies and become international desiners. There was one thing that intrigiued them about this company, no one knew who the CEO was. All public appearances were made by his secretary. They never told anybody why. But there were the rumors that spread. Shin Hye ignored them. She just thinks that maybe he comes from a recognizable family and he doesn't want people to think that he got to where he was just because of them. When Shin Hye entered the building, her jaw dropped.

"OMG! Chingu-ah this is better than what I thought" So Ra exclaimed.

"So Ra, are we in heaven?" The building was busy as hell. But everywhere you would turn there would be little details. Works of the best artises. THe building was modern but at the same time it was old fashioned. There were posters of famous designers like Coco Chanel and Christian Louboutin.

She snapped out of her thoughts when So Ra pinched her. ''Oww! What was that for?"

So Ra pointed at her watch, "We're going to be late."

Shin Hye'd eyes widened, she grabbed her friend's arm and ran through the crowd. When they reached the elevator she pushed the buttons continuosly. So Ra's phone rang when they entered the elevator. Shin Hye looked alarmed and So Ra checked to see it who it was. She breathed out in relief. "Don't worry its just Ha Neul."

"Agggh! I'm going to kill him, my heart almost stopped pounding." Shin Hye said. "Aren't you going to answer it?" Shin Hye asked when she wouldn't pick up the call.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm just nervous." She picked up the phone. "What?"

"Is that anyway to answer, anyways how is the interview going?"

"Are you serious?! You call for that. I'll call you later. Geez."

"Sorry, I just wanted to wish you good luck one more time.. Oh also good luck to Shin Hye. I guess I'll see you later." He hung up.

"So Ra, don't you think you were a bit harsh?"

So Ra bit her lip and looked down. "He's just always calling and its annoying, he never calls you that much, not even, he never calls you."

"Are you stupid? Its obvious he likes you. Why don't you give him a chance?"

So Ra looked away. There has only been one man in her heart since she was 17 years old and his name is Lee Min Ho. She is 26 now, how pathetic must she seem. Truth to be told she missed him. She doesn't understand how he dissapeared like the wind, leaving no trace whatsoever. She told him that she liked him but he rejected her. She was sad but she told herself it was because they were to young and he would always say that studying comes first so he wouldn't have time for a relationship.

The elevator door opened and Shin Hye turned to her. She squeezed her hand. So Ra never talked about her feelings. Even though they are like sisters she would never tell her who she likes and why she feels a certain type of way. Shin Hye didn't budge her because she could tell that it was something she wants to deal with just by herself. She gave her a smile and raised her fist in the air. "Fighting." So Ra smiled and copied her action. "Fighting."

''Shin Hye remember if they don't take us together we are leaving."

"Of course I can't imagine working without you.''

*****

"Ms. Park and Ms. Kang, from what your resume shows you did have a bit of experience before you sent an application to work here."

Shin Hye shifted in her seat. "Yes, we did some free lance, we wanted to learn before we actually settled down in a company."

"Well it shows that both of you have assisted in fashion shows and photo shoots. This is what we are looking for. Also these sketches are amazing, its incredible you haven't started to build your own boutique this is true talent."

"Thank you, you flatter us too much. But we really want to work here its our dream. I have seen how this company has grown in 3 years, it just shows how hardworking you guys are."

"To tell you truth our CEO, has a secret for success thats why there is always something new in his fashion shows. I am not flattering you. Truthfully I showed the sketches to the CEO and he didn't even ask for names, he just ordered me to bring you two here. He wants to meet you."

"Us! He wants to meet us. Omg! I feel so honored. Does that mean we get the job?" So Ra blurted.

He chuckled, "Hold your horses! He wants to interview you personally."

"I have a question." Shin Hye turned to him.

"Yes what is it?"

"How come he has never shown his face?"

"Now that I cannot answer, its a personal issue."

"Is he ugly?" So Ra blurted out again.

"KANG SO RA" Shin Hye screamed.

The secretary laughed out loud. ''No. In fact he is extremely good looking. Just you wait."

So Ra bowed as an apology.

They heard footsteps coming from down the hall. ''Here he comes now."

Shin Hye stood up and So Ra followed suit. Shin Hye was a nervous wreck. She combed her hair with her fingers and straightened her suit.

The door opened slowly and in came him.

"Secretary Kim, the meeting was successfull, anyway are they here yet." He slowly turned around and froze. Before him stood the people he tried so hard to run away from.

Shin Hye stood still. She couldn't believe it. The bestfriend that they looked so hard for stood in front of them. She never noticed but he was undeniably handsome. But once she reached his eyes they were cold. ' What happened to you oppa?' Where have you been? I missed you' She thought.

So Ra didn't dare move an inch. The man she loves was standing right in front of her. He was still so dashing, but his eyes weren't the same. Those eyes that she would stare at for hours while the group would hang out. He never stared at her, but she would watch him until he would meet her gaze.

Min Ho felt like there was no oxygen in his lungs. Shin Hye the girl, no. The woman who haunted his dreams for 8 years was right in front of him. He wanted to hug her. He knew it was not possible, it was his decision to run away at 19. He was scared and he made an immature move, but he was hurt and he still wouldn't change a thing, I mean look at him now.

Secretary Kim looked confused but he decided to go on.

"Mr. Lee these are the two talented designers you asked for."

Min Ho decided to act professional since it was work. "Please sit down."

Shin Hye hoped that he would at least had given her a hug, she doesn't know why but she was to feel his warmth again. The one he gave her in order to support her when she was down.

She sat in the chair in front of his desk. So Ra sat beside her.

He looked down at the files and took a deep breath. "Your designs are amazing, truly captivating" He began. "After I saw the work you ladies put into this I have no doubt that I want you guys to work here at M&S group." But I'm regretting my decision now- he thought. "I don't want to play games and I'll just get to the point. When do want to start to work here."

"Seriously, both of us?" asked Shin Hye.

"Yes, it says here that you do the designs together, incorporating ideas and details."

"Uh, yes we do. We can start tomorrow." Said So Ra still trying to digest the situation.

"Okay so 8 in the morning, and if you're late it wouldn't look to good. Be on time. Do you have any questions? Salaries? Anything?"

Shin Hye spoke up, " I have a question."

"What is it?" He asked

"Why did you leave oppa?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter