Date?

Love Broke our Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang So Ra rubbed her eyes and tried to fight off the pain in her head. She turned to her beside table and her eyes widened. "Omg! I'm going to be late." She got out of bed but stumbled over something when she turned to see what it was she clenched her fist. Kang Ha Neul was laying on the floor with a blanket around him sleeping. "Yah!" She kicked him. "Five more minutes he grumbled. She kicked him harder on the leg and he sprung up. "Huh? What?!" 

"What are you doing here?!"She yelled annoyed.

"Yesterday you were drunk and you know you always cause trouble so I decided to stay with you and look over you." 

She exhaled sharply, "Can you stop treating  me like a 5 years old? I'm a grown woman for heaven sake. I can take care of myself, if I do something wrong I can bear the consequences, so do me a favor and stop being so annoying. Whenever and wherever I am just let me be. Now if you excuse me I have to get ready for work."

"So Ra, you know how I feel for you."

"I know and if you want to stay friends you need to get rid of whatever feelings you have. I don't feel like talking, I have a headache." 

"You know he still loves Shin Hye, I could tell. Yesterday he took her home and I didn't have to beg." He lied.

"But Shin Hye doesn't feel that way towards him so I have hope." 

"What if one day she does feel the same way? What if she has had liked him all these years but just doesn't realize it?" 

"Those are what if's, they don't matter to me. Besides you know how I feel yet does that make you want to stop pursuing me?"

She was right and he knew that. He really wanted her to feel the same way, was it really time to move on?
******************
Shin Hye sprung up from her bed and rushed to get ready for work. As soon as her alarm started to ring she got up. Even though she had a hangover, it wasn't as bad as they used to be. She was excited, today was the beginning of her favorite dream. She was itching to get her hands to work. Shin Hye rumaged through her closet trying to find something to wear. "I need to go shopping. I need something that makes me look more professional." She finally chose a knew lenght pencil skirt and a blue blouse. "This will have to do. Now where are my shoes?" Once she found them she grabbed her bag and hurried out to catch the bus. On the bus she sat in a seat, she stared out the window watching people go by. Someone came and sat by her.

"Hello neighbor."

She turned to him and he flashed a smile. "Hey Oppa, you have an early schedule today." 

"Well you seem too happy, I'm guessing you're in." Kim Soo Hyun said.

"I'm so excited. Can you believe it? How I love the fashion industry." 

"Shall we celebrate? And love? You were cursing at it the other day."

She laughed. "I was cursing at my exboss. Diner? Lets go out to eat. Can I bring So Ra and Ha Neul?" Soo Hyun was her next door neighbor. He was fun and too cheery. He would always and she was fine with it. He did ask her out once, but she rejected. She realised she hasn't been on a date for about, well she can't remember but for some reason she just didn't feel like it.

"Don't you always bring them, why ask? Anyway I have a job with M&S today. So we could hang out at work."

"You need to learn how to take your job seriously. How's your halmeoni? I miss her cooking." 

"She's fine, she nags a lot. Always asking me when I'll bring a girl home."

"Just get a girlfriend and please her, she just wants to see you happy before she goes."

"You know that you are the girl she wants." 

"Well than get someone that kind of looks like me. Even though its impossible I mean look at me, I'm one of a kind."

He laughed. "You are so self-centered."

"Thank you."

"How come you don't give me a chance?"

"You are just not my type. You look and act like a weakling."

"You just haven't seen me in action." He said slightly diasppointed. "Oh I wanted to ask you, did you see the boss?"

"Huh?"

"Did you see the owner of M&S?"

Shin Hye nodded. 

"Why did you get quiet all of a sudden? Tell me, how does he look like?" 

Shin Hye tried to avoid her thoughts. "Well he's better looking."

"Are you calling me ugly?"

She laughed. "Well what do you think you look like?" She got up from her seat when the bus stopped, he got up too and followed her.

"I'll have you know that all the girls would kill for me." 

She stuck her tongue out. "You just met your #1 hater."

He grabbed onto her arm as she walked into the building. She didn't mind as he would do it often and would do it to everyone. "Am I thay ugly?"

"Yes."

He chuckled, "I think I should get surgery, but I have no money. You know, since you said it you should pay it." 

She knew he was joking as she approached the elevator she saw Min Ho, she pulled away from Soo Hyun and ran over to his side. Soo Hyun watched her and pouted. He walked to the elevator and once he was inside it closed. "Shin Hye-ah what time are we going out?" 

Min Ho clenched his fists when the words come out of the man's mouth. He recognized the man as Kim Soo Hyun, best photographer in the business. He was jealous when he saw him clinging onto Shin Hye. He really tried to close the elevator but it was too late, she saw him.

Shin Hye turned to Kim Soo Hyun. "First I have to do my work but I'll let you know." She turned to Min Ho. "Hey oppa, how's your day so far?" 

Soo Hyun looked at the man Shin Hye called oppa and wondered just who was he.

"Ms.Park I request that when we're at work you will call me in a proper manner. Also I need to see you at my office, since you are new there are some stuff you need to sign and be aware off."

"Sorry Oppa, I mean sajangnim." She didn't expect him to be so rude, especially since they're friends.

"Sajangnim" Soo Hyun eyes widened. Is this the CEO? Wow he looks young. Soo Hyun bowed in respect. "Nice to meet you sir. Kim Soo Hyun." He held out his hand.

Min Ho accepted the handshake. 

"I thought you would have been older, tell me whats the secret to owning a big corporation."

Min Ho smirked, so this is the kind of man you like. "I didn't think we could speak so friendly to each other." 

"My apologies."

Shin Hye followed Min Ho when he got out of the elevator. "Bye oppa see you later."

She sat in front of him and listened to all of his instructions.

"1.Never mix your work with your personal life.
2.Be open to suggestions.
3.Be on time.
4. Call everyone formally at work. I think we established that already.
From now on I will be working closely with you. Since you are a trainee I will ask more from you, more effort. Everybody in this company knows that you were hired by me not by my secretary so whatever you do, do not disappoint me. You may go."

"Oppa."

He didn't respond.

She sighed. "Oppa thank you for taking me home yesterday."

"Just know that I am not your driver." Just get your boyfriend to drive you around, he wanted to tell her.

Shin Hye bcame angered. "Can't you just say you're welcome? Do you really have to be this harsh? What did I ever do to you?" She then widened her eyes. "I'm sorry, I'll just get to work." She headed towards the door. She should watch what she says to him, he is the boss.

"Stop." He commanded.

She grimaced and bit her lip, mentally cursing her big mouth. She slowly turned to him but didn't have the guts to look at him in the eye.

He walked steadily towards her, when he was inches from her, he lifted her chin.  He put his hands on the wall on both sides of her, her body now pinned between him and the wall.

Shin Hye's eyes fluttered open. Her heart beated fastly at the distance between them. She looked into his eyes but couldn't tell what he was thinking. Her gaze turned elsewhere. She put her arms in front of her and pushed him away. She left the room before he had a chance to speak. 

Min Ho leaned on his desk and let out a harsh breath. "You can do this Min Ho. Be strong."

So Ra cleared her voice. "Hello, Sir."

He straightened himself up and sat down at his desk. "Shouldn't you knock before entering a room?"

"I..I did. No one answered so I came in, your secretary told me that you were in."

"What do you need?"

"Since its my first day at work, where do I go?"

He glanced at the clock. "You're late."

She smiled slightly. "Sorry."

"I'll let it slide, but I will tell you what I told Shin Hye. You were hired specially by me, you must not do anything that will make me look bad."

"Okay, it will never happen again."

"Okay now shall I take you to where you're needed?"

"Yes, thank you."

He was taking her there when she spoke up. "You and me didn't really speak yesterday."

He remained silent.

"Do you still love her? Did you move on? Where did you go? Was it my fault, the reason  that you left?"

"So Ra, Stop. Whatever it is that you want to gain will not be happening, cut it out."

He opened the door and gained everyone's attention.

"Today we have two new designers who will be working here. I want everybody to show them respect. If they need anything make sure to help them out. Please introduce yourself."

"Hello, My name is Kang So Ra, please take care of me." She bowed and went aside.

Shin Hye walked upfront.  "I already introduced myself to most of you, so for those who don't know, my name is Park Shin Hye. I will love to be friends with everyone. Please take care of me."

"From now on until the spring fashion event I want you to teach them all that you know. The process and steps we take." He pulled them aside. "I wanted to work with you both personally but due to my schedule it will be impossible. I was thinking that if you guys do want to work with me you can come to my office at 6, I'm free at that time. Remember even if you guys are friends, work is work. Do not trust the other people no matter how good they are because at any minute they can backstab you. Are we clear?"

"Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter