Start of Something New Pt II

Wise Flower Guiding the Stars
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N - here's part two of the chapter! Sorry it took so long and that it's so convoluded. It makes a lot more sense in my head...anyways, let me know what you think! Where should this story go next? A lot is already written, but that doesn't mean detours can't be taken :) Thank you all for subscribing and I will do my best to not let you down! Kamsahmnida!

<3 mei

“Aren’t you going to eat anything?”

I looked up from my notebook at JiYong who was busy munching away on a bowl of animal crackers and at Yuchun who was noshing away on the same as he continued colouring. I swallowed hard. Is he catching on? No, he couldn’t possibly know. I shook my head.

“Ani. I’ll eat something after we pick up Yumi.” I glanced at the clock. “Which should be in an hour or so.”

JiYong eyed me skeptically but let the subject drop. Instead he extended an arm out and made a beckoning motion.

“At least give me a sheet of paper so I can write my half of the song too.”

I smiled and tore out a sheet of paper, handing him a pen and pencil along with it. JiYong smiled and got to work next to Yuchun, obviously in his element. I had to laugh at the image of them working side by side when just moments ago they looked as if they were going to go at each other’s throats.

We worked together in silence for the better part of an hour, my stomach gurgling several times but I paid no attention and did my best to ignore JiYong’s concerned glances. Finally it was getting close to the time to pick of Yumi. I interrupted the boys at work to announce the time, scooping Yuchun in my arms to get him bundled up for the walk to Yumi’s school. JiYong stood awkwardly in the middle of the room scratching the back of his neck. I cocked my head, confused by his actions. We both spoke at the same time

“Do you mind if I come?” “Aren’t you coming?”

Smiles broke out across both of our faces. JiYong grabbed his coat, scarf, and hat (he was still on his underground status) and I donned my jacket(s…I was extremely sensitive to the cold, more so than usual). I grabbed the stroller and with that in one hand and Yuchun’s hand in the other, headed down the stairs, JiYong following behind. Once on the ground floor I buckled Yuchun in the stroller, when he pointed out how cold my hands were.

“Noona, your hands are so cold! Is noona getting sick?!”

I forced a smile and shook my head. I could feel JiYong’s eyes boring through the back of my skull but I did my best to ignore it.

“Ani Yuchunni. Noona always has cold hands. Gwenchana.”

Yuchun seemed satisfied with the answer and started humming a song as we set off to the school, but I knew someone who wasn’t pleased with my reply.

“JiYoung, please be honest with me. Have you been eating well? Have you been eating at all? All you do is work and dance…I’m getting worried.”

I whipped my head to face JiYong and stared him down. Yes, I was falling into old habits - hard. But I was not going to let him know, much less have him worry about me. He already had enough to deal with. The last thing he needed was me on his mind. But at least he cares…

“JiYong oppa, I am fine, I can assure you of that. It’s just a slip, once the holidays pass everything will be back to normal. Trust me. And please don’t worry. Everything’s under control.”

Too much control. JiYong in his breath as if he were getting ready to say something else but decided against it after I stared him down. Luckily Yuchun was there to break the tense silence.

“Noona noona! Can we sing a song? Pleeeeeease?”

I turned all my focus to Yuchun, ignoring the metaphorical elephant in the metaphorical room.

“Arasso Yuchunnie. What would you like to sing?”

Yuchun hummed in contemplation while deciding.

“I know! Sing a song with JiYong hyung! Pleeeeeeease?”

I looked at JiYong with a questioning face. He made a face and shrugged before addressing Yuchun.

“What kind of song do you want to hear? Hyung isn’t that good of a singer. I rap mostly.”

I bet Yuchun’s eyes lit up at that. He clapped his hands. I was right.

“Yay! Noona, can you sing a BEAST song? Like the ‘my princess song?’ Juseyo? You can be Yoseob or Gikwang hyung and JiYong hyung can be Junhyung hyung.”

I bit my lip and looked JiYong’s way. He had a smirk on his face.

“You’ll have to excuse Yuchun. He’s a bit of a BEAST fanboy.”

JiYong just laughed.

“No matter. So what’s this ‘princess song’? I don’t recall BEAST releasing any princess songs.”

“From the TV show! Tell him noona!”

Now I laughed.

“It’s on the OST from ‘My Princess.’ The song is actually called ‘Because of You.’ I don’t know if you know it…”

JiYong smiled.

“Of course I do. Shall we start?”

I smiled back, glad to be back on good terms.

“Let’s.”

I paused for a breath then launched into the song.

“Jokeumsik dakasuhbolgae nul wihae utsuhbolgae, baby boy oh my baby boy, yeah. Ahjikeun ahnin chukhaedo uhnjankan utsuhbolgae, baby boy oh I know nuhdo nal wonhae. Doogeun doogeun maeun sulraego jakujaku nuhman saengkakna. Maleun ahn haedo aljaena~”

Yuchun and JiYong both joined me for the chorus.

“Nuh ddaemooningul, nuh molreulnungu, nah maill nul bwado bwado bogoshipuh wae eerea. Sarangeerangul, nan mollaratdungul, eejaeya aljana na gobaekhalgae my boy. Nuh jigeum cheorunman itsuh jwo, oh my shiny boy.”

I motioned for JiYong to skip straight to the rap, which he did flawlessly (and maybe even better than the original, or maybe it was just my bias speaking. Who knows).

“Nuhraneun ahkyungreul sugo bwarabonun saesang modungae yeopuhboeo nuhmoo ahreumdawoah. Eerun pyomeon jal ahnhanun style eejiman nul bwomeon nado molrea naohnun maeeji mwo. Huh huh Gaseumi ddugeowoah daechoong baekdo jungdo dweanun guh gateh. Tuljiki jikjeoneh poongsuhn cheorum jacoo keojinun maeumreul uhsuh gajeogajwo”

We finished with one last resounding chorus just as we arrived at Yumi’s school. I had to laugh at the irony of the lyrics…about confessing and being in love. JiYong was so calm and collected while singing it - one would figure as much, he does it for a living. I, on the other hand, had to muster up

Please log in to read the full chapter