Moving Forward

Wise Flower Guiding the Stars
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N - alas, it has been a while since I updated any of my stories here on AFF. Life has just been crazy hectic, but I'm back! I hope this update doesn't let you down too much - it is a bit of a filler chapter until more exciting stuff happens later ;) Thank you for your patience and continued support. You are the best readers and subscribers in the world! Stay tuned for more later, and don't forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe! Kamsahamnida and wish you all the best!

<3 mei

 

It wasn’t more than two weeks after I was released from the hospital that I was back at the grind again, working my two jobs and getting ready for the holidays. I now had to balance regular hospital visits along with my already hectic schedule, and it was admittedly emotionally stressful to do so, seeing as though I was supposed to be “restoring weight” (that’s hospital speak for gaining weight). But I did have nightly texts from JiYong to look forward to, and it was during those few weeks that I had my next run in with him personally, who decided to pay a late visit to the bar one Friday night when I was closing. He had an odd look of embarrassment on his face (either that or it was just the frigid Seoul air that coloured his cheeks), one that left me feeling puzzled. He watched me work and we made small talk for a while before he fell silent. I stopped putting away the dishes and leaned on the counter, a concerned look on my face.

“JiYong oppa, is everything ok?”

He fiddled with the fraying hem of his sweater and muttered something under his breath. I shook my head.

“JiYong, I can’t hear you. All that loud music is finally catching up to me. You’re going to have to speak up.”

JiYong looked up and met my gaze. A look of shyness replaced that of embarrassment, and I suddenly felt very self-conscious and aware of who I was talking to. You’re talking to Kwon JiYong, the G-Dragon. Get it together JiYoung!

Suddenly JiYong cleared his throat, breaking the silence and my train of thought.

“YG seongsaengnum is having a holiday party on the 24th. I know it’s Christmas Eve and you probably already have plans, but I was thinking that, er, that maybe…youwouldn’tmindbeingmydatetothecompanyholidayparty?”

I stood dumbfounded. Did G-Dragon just ask me out? I picked my jaw up off the floor and composed myself enough to answer in a rational manner.

“Duh!”

I internally face-palmed myself. So much for composed and rational JiYoung. Even still, a look of relief passed over JiYong’s face.

“Kam - kamsahamnida for agreeing to go. I hope I’m not forcing you in any way because that’s the last thing-”

I held my hand up to silence the babbling idol, a small smile on my face.

“No need to thank me JiYong. I should be thanking you. You invited me after all.”

JiYong smiled shyly and shook his head.

“It means a lot to me that you said yes. I - I want to introduce you to the rest of my members and the rest of the company. They’re curious as to who my ‘wise flower counsellor’ is.”

Externally I smiled while internally I was freaking out. Kwon JiYong, the one and only G-Dragon, just asked me to a formal holiday party where his label mates and company executives will be. I had to do all I could to keep from breaking out into a crazed happy dance. JiYong cleared his throat again, bringing me back to reality.

“Of course it is a formal party, so it will require formal wear. I don’t know if you’re ok with that…”

I shook my head.

“Munje eopso. No problem. Really.”

JiYong smiled shyly and scratched the back of his neck.

“Well then, I won’t keep you from you work anymore. I guess I’ll see you on the 24th then?”

I smiled and nodded.

“Nae. I’m looking forward to it.”

JiYong smiled again and opened his arms for a hug. Slowly I emerged from behind the counter and walked into his embrace, remembering how strong and safe his arms felt. I backed out of the hug and JiYong gestured to the work left behind me.

“Do you need any help cleaning up?”

I laughed, shaking my head.

“Komawo for the offer JiYong, but I’ve got it under control.”

JiYong nodded.

“Arasso, just don’t work yourself too hard. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

I ducked my face to hid my blushing cheeks.

“Don’t worry JiYong, I’ll be fine.”

JiYong cleared his throat and leaned forward expectantly. I blushed again before correcting myself.

“Er, I mean JiYong oppa.”

JiYong smiled and ruffled my hair before turning to leave. I waved and watched him go before turning back to the stacks of glassware that had to be put away, sighing in mixed contentment at the invitation and weariness at the task laying ahead of me. The dishes were one thing. Now I only had to find something to wear…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I decided to spend my next full day off shopping for an outfit to wear to the company party. I gave myself an entire day to shop because I knew that with my still-body-imaged-obsessed-mind, it would take that long to find an outfit that I felt comfortable in. I only wished that I had a girlfriend or two that I could spend the day w

Please log in to read the full chapter