Wedding

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9

Kim Taeyeon

“Taeyeon, it is time.” Jessica my maid in honor tapped my shoulder as she gestured me to walk towards the hall where the wedding would soon be held. I took a deep breath before I start to take slow steps towards the door.

 

Exactly 2 weeks after our engagement party, here I am walking towards the uncertainty of the future.

 

 Grandpa promised a quiet and small wedding. So here we are at our mansion’s golf course turned into wedding reception area. Only about 50 guests attended the wedding. It was small but elegant affair and guest invitations were limited to only close family and friends unlike the extravagant engagement party. This was more exclusive and classy.

 

I cant really describe the feelings I am currently experiencing. I know the wedding is simply a business arrangement but I am a nervous wreck.

 

 Is the whole thing worth it?

 

Am I not sacrificing too much for a position I do not even desire for?

 

On top of that I felt insecure, despite being adorned with the most beautiful and expensive attention money can buy. My wedding gown was designed by Oscar De La Renta, it is a classic strapless gown with fine silk embroidered on its ends paired with a matching veil. My hair was perfectly done in an updo by the hairstylist which accentuates the neckline topped with a diamond tiara.

 

Despite all these beautiful decorations, they only succeed to veil all my ugly insecurities from the world but they cant repair the broken girl on the inside.

 

As I neared the door that led me to the reception, grandpa smiled as he have been waiting for me.

 

“Taeyeon, my little angel, you look like a gift from heaven.” Grandpa said as he blinked back the tears forming in his eyes.

 

I circled my hand around his arm and said “My grandpa looks very handsome too. I think Kwon Jiyong is no match for you today.” To which he simply chuckled and pats my hand with his other arm.

 

Slowly, the doors opened and for the first time today, I saw Kwon Jiyong at the other side of the aisle. He was dressed in his perfectly tailored black tuxedo, revealing his lean body and perfect stature. He was handsome and definitely the epitome of masculine. He had defined cheekbones and a concrete jaw which attributes to his scary image. His black jet hair was perfectly slicked back and to complete his look was a gentle smile plastered on his face as he waits for me.

 

As I walked down the aisle, I could feel the stares and gasps from the guests and that insecure feeling washed over me again.

 

I want to run away from this spotlight and hide where I am safe from all these stares and whispers but surprisingly the solace I can find is in his eyes.

 

As if he knew what I am feeling, Jiyong looked at me and nods his head.

 

Apparently, it was in his eyes that I find shelter and he gave me the confidence to take another step forward.

 

Once we reached the end, grandpa gave me one last look and embraced me with teary eyes as he took my hand and placed it in Jiyong’s.

 

This was the difficult part. – Exhanging vows.

 

“Do you Kwon Jiyong take Kim Taeyeon as your lawfully wedded wife?” The judge’s voice was clear as crystal and I felt my knees become weak as he continued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter