Who am I ?

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 12

Kim Taeyeon

It has been a week since we returned from our supposed honeymoon. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn’t miss him. Once we return to Seoul, we were both whisked to countless business meetings, press conferences and both of us had to stay pretty late to finalize the whole merger in our respective companies.

The news of a sudden appearance of a Samsung heiress and the news of a Samsung and Hyundai union seem to have caused a frenzy in the country and I have barely seen him since our plane landed in Seoul.

 Despite the crazy week, the way Jiyong held me during that night continuously lingered in my mind. Perhaps I am starting to fall for him, but there was something more than a simple infatuation for my husband, it was an unfamiliar sense of familiarity provided by his presence. In his hold, I felt safe and protected as if the whole world can fall apart and I would still be fine. However, there was an always undeniable feeling of sadness accompanied by his presence since the first time we meet. I could not fathom what I am feeling for this husband of mine, but one thing for certain, the way he held me that night, it felt like home.

Finally after an exhaustingly insane week and dark circles that seem to get darker any minute, I had the whole evening for myself.

I finally had the time to explore this house or mansion actually given to us as a wedding gift by grandpa. The whole compound stretched about 20,000 square foot completed with 2 staff houses, an outdoor pool and a small golf course as our backyard in consideration of Jiyong’s love for golf. The main house is a 2 story house with 6 bedrooms adorned with the best interior design money could buy. I smiled at grandpa’s consideration for my love of books, so he included a 2 story library at the east wing and my steps hastened at the thought of seeing the library designed for me.

As I stepped inside the library, I couldn’t help but make a mental note to call grandpa later, this is everything a bookworm like me could ever wish for. Rows and columns of books were stacked all over the circular shaped room with tiny ladders to help me reach the upper shelves. It was perfect, I could spend hours and days here.

I walked towards the far end of the room when I noticed 2 lar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter