Fussy Sunday

EXO the Extraordinary family

Kris was sound asleep when he felt a nudge on his ribs. He groaned internally, trying to ignore the poking and finished his dream. It was Sunday. and he was sure that it was indeed Sunday. He needed to recharge himself in order to survive another week of torture without causing him trying to kill himself.

The boy remained silent when he felt the ticklish on his feet.  He had an idea about who the culprits were and the identity of them made him really wanted to buy every minute he could have. The culprits surely didn’t know how to give up. Kris felt a slap on his left cheek a second later. The pain had him shot his eyes opened only to find three of his youngest brothers on his bed, Sehun on his left while Tao on his right with his hands still lying on Kris’ chest and his lips pursed in a shape that looked like he was about to spit with lastly Kai who stood and had one of his legs on the air, above Kris’ groin. He groaned again, loudly.

“We have an idea. C’mon wake up!” seeing his brother waking up from his sleep, Kai almost jumped on to him, his black eyes sparkled, his excitement was drawn clearly and it scared his older brother. Kris knew something bad would happen again, he groaned for the third time this morning and closed his eyes, feigned ignorance to the world. He reminded himself to lock his room before sleep after today. He never let it locked after their parents gone because lately his younger brother often came to him at night and slept on his bed after whining how he missed their parents. Mostly Sehun and Tao.

“Wake up!” A slap on his left cheek again. Sehun did it, fully understood that he was completely wrong but still replying the glare Kris’ gave him with his own. “Lazy!” his little finger was pointed at Kris.

“I am because it’s Sunday! C'mon lads give me a break, please. Go back to your own room.” pleading, Kris turned his back, now he was lying on his chest. “Go tell your idea to the other Hyungs you have. There are 8 of them besides me in case you forgot”

“But they didn’t drive the car the other day with us!” The oldest of the three, Tao, smacked Kris’ left arm.

“Aaaah c'mon wake up! We have a really great idea!” Kai spanked his cheeks, now. The other two found it funny that they started to follow Kai’s action, hitting Kris’ cheeks in a rhythm. They giggled ecstatically.

Kris loved his brothers dearly, he loved his family dearly. But there were days when he just wanted to kick everyone and at the very moment, he felt the urge again, strongly. Why did they don’t get afraid of him but always wanted to pee themselves in appearance of Xiumin, Luhan, Suho and Lay’s frowning face? Not only them, but his other bothers always found him easy, too. They ignored him when he was mad, made fun of him when he cried, laughed, talked even when he walked and breathed yet came to him when they had any problems and asked him to be their big brother at that kind of time. He was the biggest victim of the bullying in the family and it was because he was just awkward that his brothers never took him seriously, he realized that at one point. Today, living up to that name, he finally gave up his sleep and sat his back. He glanced on the digital alarm clock on the small table besides his bed. It showed 6:12 AM. Too early for bull, he thought.

“BUBBLE TEA!” Sehun waved a plastic glass of his favourite thing in the world. “I bought it yesterday night for you. Chocolate!” He grinned innocently. Kris wondered how bad their idea was that they even got a bribe for him. He took a sip after all, Sehun gulped his own saliva motionlessly but Kris didn’t have any slightest thought to offer his youngest brother.

“Okay what is it?” He readied himself for the worst.

Tao took a deep breathe. A smile plastered on his face. Kris really wanted to wipe that smile, “So, we are thinking about an idea to cheer up Suho hyung. It seems like he’s pretty upset regarding……”

“Me teleporting the car two days ago….” Kai interrupted, speaking so fluently. Tao looked at him, annoyed. “You wanted to tell him?” Tao asked which replied by Kai’s sheepish smile. “Excuse you” the older muttered.

“Then we thought we should turn back times to before Kai teleported the car using Tao’s power….” Sehun finished the talk just when Tao about to open his mouth to continue the story.

“It’s my idea! I’m the one who thought about it! And I’m also the one who will turn back times because I’m the only one who got that power!” Tao cried. He stood up, got so worked up that his brother claimed his idea as theirs.

“Yeah! But it is our idea to tell Kris” Kai mumbled.

“Why me…..” Kris said to his wonder.

“And I bought the bubble tea!”

“But you can’t say it’s “our idea”…” he motioned a quotation mark in the air with his fingers. “because it’s mine!”

“Learn to share to your younger brother! Mum said that to me and Sehun…”

“Sehun and I….” Kris cut them again.

“But that’s copying! My teacher said it was plagimaristiasm!”

Kris bit the left wall of his mouth, trying to surpass a laugh which about to burst out of him. “Focus!” he snapped, attempting to be sounded charismatic. All of his youngest brothers silenced themselves at once before shooting piercing glares to Kris.

“Okay, so you all thought….”

“I THOUGHT IT! I! I!” Tao screeched. “Why can’t everyone got it?!”

“OKAY! YOU!” Kris spat, was about to really kick his brother if only he wasn’t his own brother. “…to use your power again and stop Kai from using his power in the past that caused Suho to get upset because he detested….” He stressed the last word, “….the idea of us using our power?”

All of his youngest brothers in the room nodded their heads.

“Wow really? Your hyung got mad at you because you used your power and now you want to solve it by using power again?”

“I’m telling Suho hyung!” Baekhyun’s voice was heard. He was standing by the door, for as long as Lord knew. The boy was about to flee when Kai appeared in front of him in a pop and bit his hand tightly. “AAAAWWWW!!! ARE YOU DOG? LET GO OF ME!” he shouted, trying to shake Kai’s off.

Sehun closed the door, using his wind he created in a flash, crashing Baek in the process, had Baek lied flat on his back. Despite his age, Sehun got his power under control.  Sehun, Kai and Tao were three of the most excellent when it comes to controlling their powers. They got theirs quite early; Sehun at two and half while Kai and Tao at three, and able to control them the finest among the twelve considering their ages.

Kris nimbly moved from his bed and across the room then locked the door, to make sure nobody would come and overheard their conversations again, while Tao and Sehun had thrown their bodies on Baekhyun, pinned him down.

“OH MY GOD! LET GOOWWFFFF…….” Sehun shut him with a pillow on Baekhyun’s face. He was unexpectedly physically powerful in spite of his young age. Their victim was kicking his feet in the air helplessly and Kris let his brothers did whatever they wanted to Baekhyun for a moment.

Kai’s left foot was placed on Baekhyun’s stomach after letting go of his tight grip of his brother and made sure Baekhyun had an adequate amount of his composure. The younger had his two fists on his waist and arms made a 45 degrees angle. “You breached into our base! We will not forgive you!” He pointed at Baekhyun, face hardened as he spoke.

Rolling his eyes, Baek scoffed, “you watched too many spy movies….”

“tsk tsk… you’re being kidnapped and you still want……”

“You used your teleporting power again just now, I’m really going to tell…OUCH MATE WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?” Baekhyun yelled at Tao who just gave him a good kick on his shin. He whimpered. “You really think I’m not going to use my light power and create an illusion of me, huh?” He snapped.

Kris squatted in front of Baekhyun, whispered lowly, threateningly, “You’ll wake up the whole house at this rate, shut up before I take you for a ride with my dragon” That kind of threat only worked on Luhan and Baekhyun who had a fear of height and Kris always made sure to use that cleverly. Baekhyun quieted himself quickly.

He had a dragon, a mime of his. Lay, Kris and Chanyeol were the only ones who had mimes among the twelve. Chanyeol’s mime was a phoenix, a blazing in flame phoenix. Lay’s was a lustrous with a soft and white fur unicorn and Kris’ was a dragon. They never understood why only three of them who had mimes. To their knowledge, the mime’s condition was really related with the owner’s and the other way around. In addition, their mimes would always appear when they called them and when they needed their helps.

Kris remembered the time he first saw his mime when he was 3 and a half years old, living in Canada at that time. It was his first memory, happened on a garden of his orphanage at night. His mime appeared before his eyes, glowing, effortlessly graceful, enormous and mesmerizing. The dragon grizzled, ever so lowly and Kris stood there captivated by its ravishing existence. Its scales were red and renitent, its eyes were dark brown like Kris’ but fuming and menacing and its wings were massive. The thorns on its heads and its tail were intimidating but Kris knew it wouldn’t attack him. He was about to get himself close to it when the dragon suddenly disappeared and came to him again when he first arrived in Korea, to this house, when he was 5. He had thought he imagined things, because that was his friends in the orphanage had said, until he finally met Lay a year later who told him how he could see a unicorn.

“General!” Kai threw a salute at Kris which answered by a nonchalant nod by the latter.

“Good work Commandant” He didn’t realize when did he started to take his three youngest's side. He was engrossed in this military play they suddenly had. In fact he loved to join his younger brothers’ sudden play the most among his siblings, followed by Luhan who acted really childlike sometimes.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“How much information you heard?” Sehun barked.

“Easy, captain, easy…..”

“Sir, yes, sir!”

“You guys aware that you all act like an id….. OUCH STOP HITTING ME WILL YOU?”

“Captain Tao…”

“Sir, Yes, Sir!”

Kris grinned, satisfied with his brothers. They really could be adorable sometimes. “Tell me Baekhyun, what did you hear, before I let my captain here do his job again….” Tao smirked and gave Baekhyun a warning look at the mention of him by his general.

“Turn back the time to Kai’s accident. Now can you guys like let go of me? I’m not gonna tell him!”

“I HEARD EVERYTHING!” Suho roared from the outside.


“You don’t think you’re being too hard on them?” Minseok stared at Suho. “I know they were wrong but you already see that nothing’s happened after that incident. They got really worried of you, watching news and reading newspaper and checking the articles all the time and that’s why they planned this”

“I know but still….”

“I find it cute actually.” Minseok chuckled a little under his breath when he recalled what happened this morning. He grabbed a slice of apple on the plate on the table between them. “It shows that they do care for you”

“But Kris hyung! He was unbelievable!”

“You know him” Minseok sneered.

Nothing was given to Minseok as his answer, instead he replied it with a question, “Then what should I do?”

“Being grounded for two weeks is too much. Our backyard is a mess, you can use them I think.” He munched his apple.

“You think it will be better?”

Minseok shrugged. “You’re the one who caught them on act so you hold the rule. That’s the rule” He smirked. “Use your brain, brother. You are smart enough”

Suho grunted lowly. “I seriously hope Mum wrote a book about how to parent us before she left” He ran his fingers in his hair.

“Yeah right. That would be a real help”

At times like this Suho really missed his parents. He considered the ideas of letting Tao turn back time to when his parents about to board the cursed plane and saved them from the plane crash or just permitted Lay to give his parents their life again for so many times, truthfully. Yet he respected his parents’ wishes; “When the time comes to us, please let us go” Besides their parents also told them once that no matter how powerful they were, they couldn’t play with someone’s life.

He was the first son adopted by his parents and he considered himself to have a deeper fondness and attachment with his foster parents more than others. Suho was four years old at that time. He didn’t know what happen, for all he understood,from that time on, he’d be safe. He recalled the time when his foster Father sat him on his lap and wrapped him with his sturdy hands “Would you let us to call you Suho from now on?”  

Once in his life, he was Junmyeon. His biological mother had named him and threw him after beating the life off of him. He had never knew how it felt to be given affections, to feel warm, and his foster mother let him understood the feeling for the first time with her black, clear and soothing eyes.

Suho looked to his back, staring at the stair to the second floor while saying “I think they hate me”

“Oh trust me, they hate you, Luhan, Kris, Lay and I” He paused. “On a second thought, I guess they hate Lay less and find Kris easy”

“They hate me less” Lay said while entering the dine room. He walked to the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk. “and find Kris definitely easy. It’s not like you can avoid it”

Minseok knew he was just stating the obvious. Lay, even though cold and could be stern sometimes, was too nice and too understanding to be hated while Kris was just so awkward that nobody would take him for serious. He was fully aware that Luhan had two faces of coins to him, sweet and childish at times and daunting when aggravated. Luhan was so emotional and expressive when it comes to express his excitement also when he expressed his fury, on the contrary Minseok was just too cold sometimes and it scared his younger brothers. Yet deep down he believed it was needed for good. He just didn’t want anyone from them to get into jail. So, when Suho took the role of holding the rule by nagging constantly after their parents gone, he let him be.

“Where have you been?”

“Feeding my unicorn” answered Lay to Suho. He sat his lean body to the wooden chair.

“Did it fly to the end of the rainbow after that?” Jongdae snickered while entering the room. Kris named him baboon two because he just couldn’t stay still and always causing a ruckus everywhere he went, although not as much as his other same-aged brothers. But, to Minseok, Jongdae was just dealing with his puberty in his own way. “Kris hyung said he is hungry and so the others in that room”

“Why don’t they come down?” replied Suho.

“Hey mate easy I’m just relaying his message” Jongdae pouted. “and Baekhyun thought it is not fair that he also got grounded”

What did Kris and Baekhyun offer to Jongdae that he agreed to relay their messages? Minseok thought to himself. A smile curved on his lips on the thought of it. He really found his family entertaining sometimes.

“He already said that I’m fully aware thank you” Suho stated, suddenly felt really exhausted. “I can’t handle them help me” He begged to Lay and Minseok.

“I’ll cook for them” Lay guffawed, he stood from his chair then hit his same-aged brother's shoulder slowly, pitied him.

“You accept my idea before?” Minseok asked for a confirmation.

“I don’t know anymore it’s up to you” Suho put his two hands up in the air.


The phoenix perched on his right arm, purred. Its body was blazing with flame and the phoenix tails were fuming but Chanyeol didn’t feel hot or burnt at all. To Chanyeol, the reasonable rationalization of that mystery was because the phoenix was made by fire and Chanyeol had a fire control power. No matter what, fire would never affect him.

He the phoenix’s head lovingly and the mime moved its crown accordingly.  Chanyeol found his creature was the most beautiful among Kris or Lay’s mime. His wasn’t that gigantic like Kris’. It was just a third of his length in size and it was light. Its look was intimidating but its feathers were soft and to Chanyeol it was fluffy.

Chanyeol summoned his phoenix this morning. He wanted to pet it today. Nobody would understand how the ones who had mimes could summon and dismiss their mimes easily. To Chanyeol, his mime was his second soul, the soul that lived outside of his body.

The tails of Chanyeol’s eyes caught the presence of Kyungsoo coming to the back garden. He grinned to him. “Kyungsooo yaaaaaah! What are you doing here outside?” Chanyeol said in glee.

Kyungsoo startled for a second as if he didn’t notice Chanyeol in the first place. “None of your business” Kyungsoo retorted after finding his voice.

“I have a creature of fire on my arm now. Are you really going to respond me like that?” Chanyeol egged on his younger brother. Teasing Kyungsoo was always fun. He always responded cutely without even realizing it and Chanyeol and Baekhyun found it amusing.

Kyungsoo wasn’t like this before. He once was Chanyeol’s company. He was bright and laughed a lot. After their parents gone, Kyungsoo suddenly closed himself and Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun had been desperately trying to crack him open again, in their own ways. Teasing him was Chanyeol’s way.

His big eyes eyed the phoenix in his older brother right hand. “I’m going in” he said finally, turning on his feet.

“Hey! You hurt my mime’s heart!” Chanyeol frowned. “Look how cute she is and you are afraid of her? This fluffy creature is upset, brother! I’ll release it to you if you go back inside”

Kyungsoo didn’t find the phoenix threatening. His brothers and he who didn’t have mimes mostly just chose to be cautious to its existence. They didn’t have one so how could they understand one.

Kyungsoo grunted.  “What do you want from me?”

Chanyeol smiled so wide, his teeth showed. “Play with me!”

“Leave me alone”

“Play with me!”

“Leave me alone, for real! I came here to read!”

“Play. With. Me.”

“Are you like five?!” Kyungsoo really wanted to smack the smile off of his brother’s face but the presence of his phoenix had him planted on his place.

“Are you both fighting again?” Luhan yelled from the window of his room on the second floor. His furious face was shown.

“He threatened me using his Pheonix, hyung!” Kyungsoo smirked. The victory was smelled in the air.

“I'm going down” Luhan disappeared from the window and Chanyeol rolled his eyes in disbelief.

“I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG WHY I SHOULD DO THIS TOO?” suddenly Baekhyun appeared, wailing behind Kyungsoo. He stomped his way loudly as he marched.

“You fought with your brother and that’s awful” Minseok who followed behind him answered. Behind the oldest, there were Tao and Kris with Sehun and Kai in his arm. Lastly, there was Jongdae who appeared really enjoying the show, chuckling behind all of them.

Baekhyun frowned, still feeling unfairly treated. “But Suho hyung should be the one who punished us not you”

“He handed your cases to me” Minseok said, composed as usual.

“But no two weeks of grounded right?” Kris questioned Minseok again which answered by Minseok’s nod. He beamed, pleased. “Okay lads get down. We got a job to do” He put Sehun and Kai down.

Chanyeol was still confused of what was currently happening when Tao saw the phoenix on Chanyeol’s arm and hid his body hurriedly behind Minseok legs. “CHANYEOL PUT YOUR MIME AWAY!” the little brother of his shrieked from the veranda.

Tao was a crybaby regardless of his age. Their parents used to spoil him a lot since he was one of the last three to be adopted. He mostly afraid of everything included Chanyeol’s phoenix and Kris’ dragon except he found Lay’s unicorn lovely.

“You all really hurt my mime’s feeling you know that? She has a feeling, too!” Chanyeol sulked. He caressed his phoenix’s crown again. “It’s okay” He cooed to it.

While Jongdae reached for Tao and held him on his arm to calm the little one, Kai excitedly ran to Chanyeol. “Phoenix!!” He screamed in enthuse. The 6 years old jumped on his feet trying to reach the magical creature, when he finally reached his older brother.

“Kai you cannot touch that you’ll burn yourself” Luhan’s stern voice was heard, knowing fully that Chanyeol won’t even let the phoenix touched his little brother or the other way around.  “Are we having a family outing? Why are you all here?” He asked, looking at Minseok and Kris in enquiry.

“It’s their punishment for what happened this morning” Minseok managed to say amidst Tao’s cry of “PHEONIX GO AWAAAAYYYY!” and Sehun’s tut of “It will not hurt you”.

Kai was still jumping on his feet in front of Chanyeol, “Phoenix! Phoenix! I want to touch it!”

Couldn’t handle his older brother’s act anymore, Kyungsoo walked to Chanyeol. He scooped Kai on his arm. “Seriously Chanyeol, make your Phoenix disappear.” He hissed under his breath.

“Dismiss your mime, will you? Look at him hyperventilating!” Jongdae yelled pointing at Tao on his hand and Chanyeol’s Phoenix was dismissed in a burst. Chanyeol brooded.

Now Kai was crying. Upset.

“What’s their punishment?” Luhan backed to Minseok again.

“Cleaning the backyard” The oldest simply answered. He clapped his hands, “Please get to work”

Baekhyun grunted loudly.

Sehun made his mouth in an O-shape, about to get to work, when Luhan put his palm on it. “No wind power, brother” he fizzed.


Hi guys! Thank you for subscribing to this story. I'll try to update frequently, I can't promise because suddenly after I decided to write this story, I got so busy huff. 

It's so hard writing a story where I have to give a quite fair amount of share to the characters especially when there are 12 of them like wow.  In addition I'm that kind of writer who always find a flaw in my story. It happens to me right now, like everytime I reread the first chapter I found a flaw followed by another flaw and thought omg I want to fix it!

But it's just nice writing about them, when I found the scene, the words would come out just like that. I really enjoyed writing it. I hope you enjoy the story too.

Also, I'm still trying to put a bigger picture of this story in the early chapters. The plot is so slow, I know. But I need to put everything delicately teehee. 

In the end, I really thank you for reading this :)