Chapter IV

It's Too Hard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghoon opened his eyes when he felt something warm touched his face, but, immediately closed it again in a split on second when the sunray hit his eyes. Then followed with a loud and annoyed groan, his body and neck was screaming in pain because the awkward sleeping position he had. He looked at the digital watch that attached on his car dashboard, 08:30. His eyes looking at the empty street through the glass window in front of him, today is his day off. And he didn’t have any intention to do anything, his mood was dull and awful, suddenly remembering about what had happened success to make him felt depressed and angry at himself.

A hard punch was thrown to the hard steering wheel; producing a very loud bang sound.

“” Seunghoon cursed, followed with another punch being thrown to the poor thing, his body was shaking due to the great anger he felt, his hair swinging back and forth as he kept hammering the steering wheel with his punch rapidly.

“! ! ! !”

No matter how may times Seunghoon punched it, he couldn’t drive away his anger, his frustration and his depression.

Tears fell down from his eyes along with a hard sob that echoed in his black car.

“He is still sleeping” Jinwoo said through the phone. “Don’t worry.”

Jinwoo placed his mobile phone on the kitchen counter, his hand rested at the edge of it. A deep sigh leave his thin lips, he didn’t know that it will also affected him. He shouldn’t be affected because it wasn’t his problem, but, still it also bothering him and he didn’t like how his heart silently hurt seeing his two best friends breaking apart, for him they were just like his own younger brother, just like his own family. And what made him more even sad is the fact that he can’t do anything for them, he can’t help them.

“Hyung…” Seungyoon called for Jinwoo sleepily.

A smile creeps out on Jinwoo’s face. “Hi, morning. How is your sleep?” his hand leaving the blank mobile phone slowly.

“Good. I can’t remember when was the last time I sleep so tightly.”

“Good.” Jinwoo gave Seungyoon his usual bright smile.

“Are you going to cook ?” Seungyoon was looking at the ingredient scattered on the table in front of Jinwoo.

“Yes, what do you want for breakfast ?”

“Anything, I don’t mind. Is it okay if I help you?”

“Of course. C’mon let’s get started” Jinwoo laugh filled up the small kitchen.

And for Seungyoon this was the first time he didn’t feel lonely in the morning, didn’t feel depressed like he usually did when he stayed at his old apartment. Now his heart felt so light and in ease, no more burden and nothing he need to worry about. For the first time instead of frown and crumpled face, smile was what he shown in the morning, now it wasn’t that hard to laugh and smile.

A sincere smile painted on Seungyoon’s face.

For the nth time Seungyoon had to held back all of the emotion that build up inside of his chest. Emptiness was the only word that can describe how he felt and what greet him every time he opened his eyes in the morning. He gripped the door knob in his hand tightly, tried to dispense how he felt, hope it will help him to calm down a little. His eyes scanning the living room, it’s only filled with three sofas that rounded a brown wooden table.

He walked out from behind his bedroom door, crossing the empty living room and reached the quiet kitchen. Slender hand grabbing an empty glass and filled it up with water, bringing it to his lips and gulping down the content but he stopped drank it when he heard the sound of his buzzing phone that echoed in that vacant apartment. Funny even when he had set his phone in vibrating mode he still could hear the sound, just how empty and vacant his apartment was?

Swallowing back the sad chuckle, he walked back to his room and picked the damn phone which laying innocently on the messy bed. Heart beating rapidly once he saw who the caller was, hands turn cold for some unknown reason, with a shaky movement he swipe the green icon on the screen and brought the black thing to his ear.

“Hello…” he whispered unsurely.

“Hi…I miss you”

He bite his lower lip. Tried hard not to let out a desperate sigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter