Unsettled Conflicts

A Sacrifice Made...

~2003 May 16~ {5:30AM}

*Hebe calling Jerry *

||Hebe||
Hello, ah ge!!!

*Jerry in a sleepy voice *

||Jerry||
Huuuuh????

||Hebe||
JERRY ge, wake up, wake up, wake UPPPPPP.

||Jerry||
How can yooou be sooo hyper in the morrrrning? What time is it?

||Hebe||
5:30

||Jerry||
HUH?? Bebe, why are you waking me up so early? I still have about two more hours before I wake up.

||Hebe||
You are already awake so just get up and talk to me.

||Jerry||
Ok, ok, I am awake. So why did you call me for?

||Hebe||
Umm, I need your help. I have a very hard decision to make.

||Jerry||
Why can't you make your decision at like 9:00AM?

||Hebe||
I couldn't sleep because of this so will you just help me or give me some advice?

||Jerry||
Okay, just spill it, the faster we get over it, the faster I can go back to sleep.

||Hebe||
Well, ummm....

||Jerry||
I have no time for ummm...

||Hebe||
Ok, ok, I AM PREGNANT.

||Jerry||
Oh really? Congratulation. That Yalun is very lucky to have a child with you. And I know that?-.o I was on the phone with you when Da S said you were pregnant.

||Hebe||
Well, whatever, you just hit the problem.

||Jerry||
I don't see a problem in what I said.

||Hebe||
Did I tell you about Arron leaving for further studies in a couple of weeks?

||Jerry||
I don't recall so I guess not.

||Hebe||
Well, think about it, if he is leaving and I am pregnant...

||Jerry||
Oh, that dang coconut head, cooking something and leaving the stove on [A/N: Jerry means Arron is irresponsible, he made Hebe pregnant and he leaves her]. What are you going to do?

||Hebe||
I don't know, ge, this is why I am calling you.

||Jerry||
Ok, let's think it through. If you was to tell your bf that you are pregnant, would he be willing to stay with you?

||Hebe||
Yeah, I am sure he would. Yalun will never let me be a single mom.

||Jerry||
Then, problem solved!!! Tell him, so he can stay with you and create a small happy family.

||Hebe||
If it was that easy, I wouldn't have called you. Since young Yalun have dreamed of going to study abroad, and I don't want to be the person to stop him.

||Jerry||
Ok, I get it. Hebe, I see only two choices. Either you let him go or keep him with you.

||Hebe||
It is easier said than done, you know?

||Jerry||
Yeah, sorta figure that you would say that back to me. I said I will go visit you in a few days, so how about I go talk to Arron for you when I am there? Ok, then it is settle, I will see you in a whatever many days. Now time for my sleep.

*Even before Hebe got a chance to say anything, Jerry had hung up the phone on her *

Hebe's thought: Oh my, ge is going to tell him, what am I going to do when he does? Ok, let's just wait until then, and in the mean time, I guess I should avoid Yalun. It shouldn't be too hard, we don't even go to the same school. I still have a few more hours before I need to go to school, I guess I just go back to sleep, my baby must be very sleepy. Let's go back to sleep, ok, baby?

/\/ Arron's school during his lunch/\/

*Arron knocks on the counselor door *

||counselor||
Come in

*The counselor said from the other side of the door *

||Arron||
Hi, Mrs. Chang

||Mrs.Chang||
Hello, Mr. Yan. Congratulation on getting accepted to the school of your choice.

||Arron||
Thank you.

||Mrs.Chang||
So, what brings you here to my office today? Is there something wrong?

||Arron||
It is not a big issue but I think you will be able to help me.

||Mrs.Chang||
What is it, dear?

||Arron||
I think it might a little late but..

||Mrs.Chang||
a little late for what?

||Arron||
College applications.

||Mrs. Chang||
College applications? Why would you be asking about that for? Haven't you been accepted?

||Arron||
Yes, but this is not about me. Do you know Calvin Chen and Angela Zhang?

||Mrs.Chang||
Yes.

||Arron||
Well, it involves them, and I really hope you can help me.

||Mrs.Chang||
I need to know the whole story first, because I am still a little confuse.

||Arron||
Calvin and Angela have been sweethearts for quite a long time now, adults from the outside may say they are just kids, what do you know about love, but from a point of view of someone that is close to them, I can say they are really in love.

||Mrs.Chang||
Ok, continue.

||Arron||
You might have known that Calvin and Angela have been accepted to schools of their choices too, but the problem is

*Mrs. Chang interrupted Arron *

||Mrs. Chang||
the problem is that one is in Taiwan and one is in Canada?

||Arron||
Wow, you really know your students, you even memorize the schools they are going to.

||Mrs.Chang||
Ya Lun, I am a counselor, and even before you found out about your acceptance, I knew about it first. So how do you want me to help?

||Arron||
I hope you might know schools for cosmetology in Canada and maybe be able to pull some strings so Angela can go to Canada too? I can guaranteed you, the college will not be disappointed by Angela's abilities.

||Mrs. Chang||
Yes, I am very aware of Ms. Zhang's talent, but You know there are not many college for cosmetology in Canada, right?

||Arron||
Really?

||Mrs.Chang||
Yes, and I think even the few that are in Canada are a little far from Mr. Chen's college.

||Arron||
Being in the same country is better than being on different continents.

||Mrs.Chang||
Ok, I will see what I can do, but don't get your hope too high in the sky, Mr. Yan, anything can happen.

||Arron||
Like you said Mrs. Chang, anything can happen. Okay, I don't want to interfere with your work any longer. I hope the next time I come into this office, I will be getting good news. Thank you, Mrs. Chang and good luck.

*Arron smiled and gave a thumb up at Mrs. Chang and left* <!--Chapter end-->

<input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td>