A Little Reunion Turned a Man Jealous

A Sacrifice Made...

 

<!--Subtitle end--> <!--Chapter begin-->

~2003 May 13~ {2:00PM}

/\/In the park [A/N: Two hours before the incident that happen in the last chap involving Arron, Hebe, and the guy in the car]/\/

Hebe's Thought: Ugh, where is he? Why isn't he here yet?

||Anonymous Guy||
Ah Be!!!

*Hebe quickly turned around and saw the person who shouted her name*

||Hebe||
Hiiii, what are you doing here?

||Anonymous Guy||
Are you going to just sit there and wave at me from afar? Come in to the car, we need to have a little reunion between you and I.

*Walking to the car door*

*From afar, but at the same time*

Genie's thought: That must be Yalun coming to pick up Bebe jie. Oh where is my Danson? I am going to deal with him when I see him.

||Anonymous Guy||
Ah be, why are you still standing there? Come on, I am not going to sell you to my mom LOL

||Hebe||
Stop playing. I don't think I can go with you today. I am waiting for my bf, he will be here in an hour.

||Anonymous Guy||
You have a boyfriend?!?! How come you didn't tell ah ge this? Now we really need to talk. Ah be, just come on, I will bring you back in an hour so you can meet up with your boyfriend.

||Hebe||
Ok, but we better be here in an hour, ok?

||Anonymous Guy||
Ok, hurry up, stop wasting my one hour with Miss. Tian Xibi

/\/ In the car\/\

||Hebe||
So what bring you here?

||Jerry||
So Cheng Xu can't come and see his mei mei?

||Hebe||
Why are you speaking in third person?

||Jerry||
Ah ge wants to. Is there something wrong with speaking in third person? I am only 26.

||Hebe||
you are going to be 27 in in in... May, June, July, August, September, October, November December, ... in 8 months

*Jerry laughed*

||Jerry||
I see, you still haven't learned how to count.

||Hebe||
Ayyyyy, I know how to count.

||Jerry||
Haha, whatever you say. So, change of subject. Tell me more about your boyfriend.

||Hebe||
His name is Yalun.

||Jerry||
Nice name. So how old is he? He better not be a lao rou [A/N: old meat]

||Hebe||
Noooooo way, he is far from an old man. He is more of a young meat.

||Jerry||
How young is he?

||Hebe||
About three years...

||Jerry||
Three years what?

||Hebe||
He is ummmm...

||Jerry||
Ah be, what is wrong? He is already treating you badly?

||Hebe||
No, he is the best boyfriend a girl can get.

||Jerry||
Then what is it?

||Hebe||
He is 3 years.. 3. years...

||Jerry||
spill it out

||Hebe||
HE IS 3 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME.

||Jerry||
What is wrong with that and why are you shouting in my face? I bet you forgot what I told you.

||Hebe||
What did you tell me?

||Jerry||
I knew it, you forgot. Remember when you was faced with your first heartbreak?

||Hebe||
Of course, I remember, it was my first pain I have ever felt from love.

||Jerry||
I told you that nothing should be an obstacle when it comes to love. If it is really true love, it will be very strong and will surpass anything that come in its way.

||Hebe||
So, what is the point?

*Hebe making her innocent face at Jerry*

||Jerry||
Xiao Bebe, will always be xiao Bebe. What I mean is don't let your age difference get in the way between your love with Yalun. If he is able to accept you to be his girlfriend, he must not have a problem with the age difference. So Bebe, promise me you will be strong never let a little problem like the age difference stop you from loving Yalun.

||Hebe||
I promise

*and they pinky promised*

||Hebe||
oh my, it is 3, ge, I need to go see Yalun.

||Jerry||
We are pretty far from the park, and can't you spend a little more time with me?

||Hebe||
But.But.But,

||Jerry||
come on, ah ge hardly ever see his mei mei.

||Hebe||
But but... okay, let me call Yalun to tell him.

*Hebe dug into her bag, but couldn't find her phone*

||Hebe||
I must have left my phone at home, can I borrow yours?

||Jerry||
Sure here

*Hebe dialed Arron's number*

||Hebe||
Thanks... Ugh he is not picking up. Ehh, whatever, serves him right for not picking up my all

*Jerry laughed at Hebe's childish act*

||Jerry||
Let see, you are already 20, and still acting like a young teenager, and you dare to talk about me.

||Hebe||
Hehe, stop messing with me. So where are we headed?

||Jerry||
I have nothing in mind, where do you want to go?

||Hebe||
I don't know.....I KNOW. Right now, I want some pickled mango

||Jerry||
Pickled mango? Ah be, why can't you be like any regular girl and want to go eat cake?

||Hebe||
I am not any regular girl, I am Tian Xibi!!! and I do eat cake, just not after school

*Muttering under her breath but loud enough that Jerry could here*

||Hebe||
I bet Yalun would run and get it for me, not like this Yan Cheng Xu.

||Jerry||
AH BE, if you don't want me to hear, why are you muttering so loud and there is no need for the full name.

||Hebe||
What if I want you to hear it?

||Jerry||
Tian Xibi, Tian Xibi, when will you stop acting like a kid and grow up, making me feel guilty so you can get your way. Okay, let's go get your pickled mango.

||Hebe||
YAYYYYY, haha and I won't grow up until you grow up too.

||Jerry||
You little rascal. Okay, we are here.

||Hebe||
So fast?

||Jerry||
Yeah, what is the prob?

||Hebe||
I didn't know we would get here so fast

||Jerry||
Can't you just be satisfied that we are here? Well, while we were arguing I was driving toward this place.

||Hebe||
Oh, so the arguing was just an act huh?

||Jerry||
Ah be, trying to start another argument? Come on, let's go get your pickled mango.

Ummmm, ah ge, I don't want it anymore. Can we go get stinky tofu instead? I am sorry, gege.
||Jerry||
It is ok, come on, at least I get to spend more time with you. Bebe, why do you want pickled mango? You are eating like those aunties with their big bellies.

||Hebe||
I don't know, I just want it and don't worry, you won't be an uncle anytime soon.

||Jerry||
Such weird appetite.

||Hebe||
My appetite is not weird! So what are you doing in Hsinchu?

||Jerry||
I came here to see a friend, you know I have a business, right? Well, a have a friend here that wants to join.

||Hebe||
Oh, you came here to only see your friend, huh? I never knew I was so worthless in your eyes.

||Jerry||
Bebe, don't be sad. You are worth more than life to me.

*Hebe started tearing up*

||Jerry||
AH BE, who told you to cry? DON'T CRY.

||Hebe||
You said I am worth more than life and why do you have to be so stern?

||Jerry||
It is true and I don't want you to cry. We are here, go, go and get your tofu. You better not say you changed your mind.

||Hebe||
Ummm, it is not that I changed my mind, it is just that I didn't bring my wallet. I would usually meet up with Arron, and he would just walk me home.

||Jerry||
Before I left Taiwan, didn't I tell you to always have some money on you? Whatever, I am visiting you, why am I making you pay? Here, go get as much tofu as you want.

||Hebe||
Thanks. Be right back.

*Minutes passed*

||Hebe||
Back, did you wait long?

||Jerry||
Not really.

||Hebe||
Dang it, I was aiming for an impatient Cheng Xu.

||Jerry||
Haha, you cheeky girl, okay, I think I should take you back now. Aunty is waiting for you I bet.

||Hebe||
Yeah, let's go. Ah ge, how did you know I was at the park?

||Jerry||
I went to see aunty and asked where you were.

||Hebe||
Oohhhh, I thought you were stalking me.

*Hebe smiled cheekily*

||Jerry||
So how is aunty and Genie doing?

||Hebe||
I thought you saw mommy already. Well, Genie is just happy as she was the last time she saw her, just a little happier.

||Jerry||
I just saw her and ask where you were. Why is Genie like that now?

||Hebe||
She got herself a sweet boyfriend. Pretty cute and handsome too.

||Jerry||
Oooh, wow, that tomboy has a boyfriend? That is very surprising, aunty and I thought we were going to have to arrange a marriage for her.

||Hebe||
You are so mean... we are here. Oh yeah, when are you going back to Taipei?

||Jerry||
I am going back tonight

||Hebe||
So fast?

||Jerry||
Yeah, now get going.

*Getting out of the car and running to her front door *

||Hebe||
Bye, see you next time. Thanks stopping by to see me today.

||Jerry||
Bye, Be. Call me if you have any problem. Even if it is in the middle of the night, I will take the fastest flight here or even drive here myself.

*there was a rustle in the bush, Hebe was scared, so she ran into the house, leaving the guy behind *

{9:00 PM}

Hebe's thought: Why hasn't he call yet? Today is his turn to call me. He didn't pick up my calls and now he is not calling me? Two can play that game. Ugh, why the sudden headache? Ow my back. What is wrong with me? Weird pains these few days.