The Letter

A Sacrifice Made...

~2003 May 13 {6:30}

/\/ Arron's house/\/

*Arron is walking down the stairs *

||Ella||
Yalun, there is a letter addressed to you.

Selina, pass it to him.

||Selina||
Ella, how can you be so lazy? You are the nearest to it.

||Ella||
I am reading a book, and it is the least you can do when you ruined my sleep with your voice. You were saying “Xiao Xu”” Xu baby” all night. Why did you dream about your Xiao Xu anyway? I thought you guys broke up ages ago.

*Ella was saying the names in a very girlish tone, trying to mess with Selina *

||Selina||
YAN JIA HUA

||Ella||
I know you like my name, but there is no need to yell out my name like that lil sis.

||Arron||
Guys, guys, GIRLS. Stop arguing, The letter is already in my hand, Oh, yeah, where is mommy and ah ge?

||Ella||
I think she is out jogging and Vaness ge is picking up a friend.

||Arron||
Why aren't you guys jogging, too?

||Ella||
“Her” jogging? Yalun, you know how much she is scared to break her so fragile nails

*Ella said mockingly, trying to tease Selina *

||Selina||
Not as much as you being scared of using your energy, you lazy

* Arron know that an argument is about to arise so he left, as quiet as possible*

*Selina then noticed Arron leaving and stopped arguing*

||Selina||
Where are you going so early?

||Arron||
School

||Selina &Ella||
Don't you mean your Bebe's house

*Selina and Ella said in a lovey dovey tone *

||Arron||
Whatever, I am going now. Bye

*While he was walking to pick up Hebe, he opened the letter to find that it was the letter that he had dreamed of getting since he was young.

*Arron arrived at Hebe house and not a moment too soon or late, Hebe was walking out of her house.

||Arron||
Hebe, Hebe, I finally got the letter.

*Arron ran to Hebe excitedly. *

||Hebe||
What letter? Wait, let me guess, the letter, the letter, ahhhhhh. OMG, I am so happy for you Arron.

*Arron chuckled*

||Arron||
Hebe, ahhhhhh, is not the letter.

||Hebe||
Arron, you know what I mean.

*Hebe then pout, slapped Arron playfully on the arm and walked away. *

||Arron||
Hebe, why do you want to walk me to school everyday for? Don't you want to spend more time sleeping?

||Hebe||
Are you tired of me?

||Arron||
Noooo way, I will never get tired of my xiao Bebe.

||Hebe||
Xiao?? Aren't you getting a little out of hand? Disrespecting your elders like that, di di?

||Arron||
Bebe,you are older than me by 3 years!!! My elder, my .

||Hebe||
3 year is a lot, xiao bu, you better call me jie jie, or I am going to be mad.

||Arron||
No way am I calling you jie jie.

||Hebe||
Call me jie jie now!

*While they were talking and arguing they had arrived at Arron's school.*

||Arron||
Why look at the time? It is time to go in now, bye bye Xiao Bebe

*Arron jogged into school playfully not before playfully blowing Hebe a kiss*

Hebe's thought: Haha, how can I have such an immature boyfriend?

/\/In class before the teacher came in/\/

*Arron opened the letter and read it.*

||Danson||
What you got there Yalun?

||Arron||
It is a letter from the university we applied to last year.

||Danson||
Oh, you got the letter already? I haven't got mine yet, I wonder if I got in. But if I get in, I would be so torn.

||Arron||
Why would you be torn? You should be thrilled.

* Before, Danson had given Arron a reply, the teacher walked in*

/\/ At lunch/\/

||Genie||
Arron, congratz, did you tell my sister yet?

||Arron||
Congratz what? Ooh oh, nvm. How did you know about it? Well, thanks. Yeah, she was the first person to know, she seemed to be more thrilled than I am

*Arron chuckled then Danson came by.*

||Danson||
Hey, Genie, I got my stuff now so let's go eat

||Genie||
Arron, want to join us?

||Arron||
No thanks, you guys can have your time alone.

||Genie||
Arron, we are not...

||Arron||
Genie, why are you so scare, I was just kidding. You guys go and enjoy your lunch.

Arron's thought: Oh shoot, I was going to ask Danson about what he was going to say this morning. Oh well, i'll ask him later.

*Arron then walked to the garden*

/\/ In the garden \/\

*Arron saw Gui Gui there too, so he went over*

||Arron||
Hello, Miss Wu, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in class?

||Gui Gui||
Heya, don't worry I am not skipping class, I am with my biology class. We are doing a lab.

*Arron looked around*

||Gui Gui||
They are in the greenhouse

||Arron||
How did you know I was going to ask that and what are you doing here all alone?

||Gui Gui||
Well, you were looking around. I finished my observation so I came out here.

||Arron||
Where is Wang zi? Why isn't he with you?

||Gui Gui||
He is in class? Why would he be here?

||Arron||
Oh, sorry, I forgot you guys were in different classes, Wang Zi told me many time, but I keep on forgetting.

||Gui Gui||
Uggggh, Yalun, only your Bebe can put up with your forgetfulness, luckily, I am not her.

*Arron saw Angela sulking so she went up to her leaving Gui Gui *[A/N: Arron has a habit of running off, doesn't he? Except for when it comes to his Bebe xD]

||Gui Gui||
So rude, couldn't even say bye. I really wonder what Xibi do to be able to keep up with that dude.

/\/On a bench/\/

||Arron||
Angela, why do you look so sad?

||Angela||
It's nothing, don't mind me.

||Arron||
It is not nothing, come one, tell me, did Calvin do something to you?

||Angela||
He didn't do anything to me.

||Arron||
Then what is wrong? Does this have anything to do with Calvin? If it does, I will invite him over for a knuckle-sandwich.

||Angela||
Please don't hurt him.

||Arron||
So Calvin does have something to do with this. I will go talk to him after school, since I think he is in class right now.

||Angela||
No, don't Yalun, it is ok, but thanks anyway.

||Arron||
Angela, we talked for half a day now [A/N: Exaggeration much?!?!] and you still haven't told me what is bothering you.

||Angela||
Well, we will be graduating soon and we are going to go separate ways. Yesterday, Calvin told me that he got the acceptance letter from the school he applied to, and along with it, a scholarship to go there for the full 4 years.

||Arron||
Oh, that is great, but Angela I don't see the relation between his acceptance letter and you being sad.

||Angela||
ok, I might as well tell you the whole thing, since you know part of the story already. Well, if he goes, then what about “us”? I am sure he will find another girl in Canada, not just another, she will also be pretty, 10x prettier than most girl here.

||Arron||
That is not true, there are a lot pretty girls here, there is my Bebe, you, and more

||Angela||
Why am I even talking to a lovesick person??? Yalun, we don't know what is in the future, what if he forgets me when he come back?

||Arron||
He won't forget you, we have technology these days. Like phones, computers, webcam, email, chats and more.

||Angela||
Yalun, technology doesn't give us the warmth like a person can.

||Arron||
Yeah, you are right about that, but Angela, couldn't you go there with him.

||Angela||
Calvin is going there for business and I am not interested in business so I didn't even bother to apply to that university
||Arron||
Oooohhhhhh. Well, Ang...

* DING DING DING*

*Arron was cut by the bell*



||Arron||


Okay back to class now, bye Angela, I'll talk to you later, feel better okay, be sure to look for the bright side.