Pickled Mangoes

A Sacrifice Made...

~2003 May 12{2:00 pm}~

* Hebe was sitting on a bench in the park waiting for Arron.*

Hebe, guess what I got for you.

*Arron lift up the bag for Hebe to guess.*

What is it?

I said guess.

Arron, I don't want to guess, and I at guessing games, just tell me, will you?

You take the fun out of things, ok, just open and see for yourself.

*Hebe then grabbed the bag and look inside*

*Inside the bag, she saw stinky tofu, which was one of her favorite snacks. *
*She bit one of the tofu and closed back the bag.*

Thanks Arron you know me so well.

Then why aren't you eating it? You would usually finish eating it before I even get a .

Oh, well, right now I feel full and don't want to eat any and my back hurts, I'll eat it later.

*She started walking and then suddenly, she squealed*

Arronnnnn

Yessss????

Arron, Arron, I want ice-cream., I WANT ICE-CREAM.

OW, my eaaars, I thought your back hurts an aren't you full? ok ok, wait here, I will go buy some.

*Then Arron dashes off screaming*

Ice-cream man, ice-cream man.

*Hebe then smile to herself and murmured*

“so cute”

*A few minutes passed and then she saw Arron running back.*

H-He-beee, here is y-your ice-cream

*Arron said while catching a breath after every couple of seconds.*

*Hebe smiled brightly and her ice-cream.*

Ummm, Arron, thanks for getting me the ice-cream, but uhhhh I sorta don't want it anymore, now um.....I want some pickled mango.

Pickled mango??? What in the world Hebe?

*Arron looked at Hebe with opened eyes.*

First, you a bit a little of the stinky tofu I bought for you, and then said you'll are full, and then you made me run after an ice-cream truck, an ice-cream truck that had no pity for a running person, and and now you want pickled mango?? Is there such a thing?

Arron, of course there is such a thing as pickled mango, I wouldn't want it if it didn't exist.

Ehhh, that is a total falsehood there. Don't let me mention about the time when you craved for..

*Hebe then stop Arron in the middle of his sentence.*

Ayyyyaaa, don't remind me of that incident, you can't blame me for wanting grilled pineapples with whipped cream on top and to finish it off with caramel, just thinking about it makes my mouth watery.

I really don't understand how you can create these weird food in your mind, and Bebe, you told me not to mention it, then why did you mention it.

Yalun, don't question what I do!

*Hebe said with her chest held high *

I have a reason for everything I say and do

then let's have it, Bebe

*Arron said mockingly*

I mentioned that incident because, b-be

*Arron then interrupted her*

Cat got your tongue?

*Arron mocked Hebe and then sticked out his tongue, and ran off leaving Hebe*

YAAAALUN, youuuu

*Hebe then ran after Arron*

*Arron then hid in an alleyway and Hebe soon passed the place where he was hiding*

*Hebe stopped in her tracks since Arron was no longer in Hebe's sight.

*Arron then sneakily ran up to Hebe and hug her from her behind*

Hebe, stop playing around don't you want to go get your pickled mango?

*Hebe was about to retort something back but she stopped when Arron pecked her on her cheek*

*Hebe then smiled widely*

ok, ok, let's stop playing now, let's go buy my pickled mango.

sure, let's go. Where can we get “your” pickled mango?

You know the little shop on Ming Yue Road.

Yeah, that short old lady's shop?

Bubu, stop being mean.

Bebe, why must you call me that though?

Just like why do you call me Bebe? And you was being mean.

Well, Bebe is cute just like you and I am just saying the truth, she is really short, and old. I call you short, but she is shorter than you.

EH, don't mess with my height, you are short too, ah bu.

First, you take the manliness out of me and now you are messing with my height???

*Arron stood there fuming a little bit until he realized Hebe had started walking and he soon followed her*

*Walking hand in hand into the little shop*

Madam Xinyue, can I get two pickled mango?

*Madam Xinyue, then looked at Hebe weirdly*

Only pregnant ladies come here to buy my pickled mango, there don't seem to be anything in your oven.

Madam, well, I can explain it to you. Hebe here is one strange girl, she crave for a lot of weird thing so this isn't her first time.

Are you calling my pickled mango weird?

No ma'm no, I was just saying... oh,never mind

Ok then, please wait a minute, I will go get the pickled fruit, young lady, do you want it sliced or whole?

Sliced please

*Hebe and Arron made faces at each other and then stopped when Madam Xinyue returned*

Here is your pickled fruit young lady and it is 100 TWD

*Arron paid and they walked out of the shop*

*Hebe then ate her mango*

Bebe, don't smile so hard when you are eating, people might think you are weird.

What's wrong with being weird? And you would be smiling too if you were eating these mangoes.

But YOU are being weird. I don't think I would be smiling THAT hard.

Here, try some.

I don't want to.

Ah bu, come on, open your mouth, ahhh.

ahhh.

*Hebe then put the mangoes into Arron's mouth*

*Arron swallowed unwillingly*

Tian Xibi, you tricked me, it is so sour

NO, it is not. It is just right and there is no need to say my name that way, Wu Geng Lin

*Arron then felt Hebe's forehead*

Ehhh, now i am Yan Yalun, alright? Hebe, are you ok? I think I should take you home. Your craving jumps too fast. Salty to Sweet and to Sour in one short afternoon.

I told you, it is not sour, not sour at all.

*All of a sudden Hebe wanted to gag so she ran to the nearest trash can and gagged.

Are you okay? This is a symptom of pregnant ladies.

*Arron gasped really loud*

BEBEE, please tell me you are pregnant with my baby!!!!! Omg I am going to be a daddy, oh yeahhh

*Seeing this childish scene, Hebe smacked him in the head*

Arron, it can't be. We only...... you know..... you know...AH BU STOP ACTING DUMB

you mean we had ???

AH BU, why do you have to be so loud with that word? And yes, we only “became one” two or three time, and during those times, we were really protected. REALLY PROTECTED.

*Arron acting sad *

Does this mean Bebe don't want to bear Bubu's and Bebe's baby? But Bubu wants Bebe to give him a baby. Not just a baby, twin maybe, the more the better and merrier too!!!

Yalun, you are acting like a kid and you are talking about wanting kids. Such a weirdo.

*Hebe then look at her watch*

okay, let's go home, it is getting late and my head hurts.

Are you ok? Let's go, I don't want my baby to suffer.

It is alright, it will go away soon and what baby?.

Our baby!!! Ok. then what time is it actually?

It 6:30. 6:30!!!!!???? Omg, Yalun, let's go, I am waiting for a phone call.

* She ran off pulling Arron with her*

*While they were running, they talked too*

Whose phone call are you expecting?

Cheng Xu's

Ben Tu?

No, not ben tu, Cheng Xu.

Who is she?

It is a he. Arron, from the name you can know it is a boy

It is a boy??

Yeah, he is my childhood friend.

*They had reach Hebe's house*

See you in the morning, Arron

*Hebe then hug him and ran into the house*

Arron Thinking: Didn't she say her head hurts? Her headache was gone like that as soon as she remember about a phone call from that Ben Tu guy. Am I losing to a stupid hare? (Arron is referring to Jerry, but he heard Ben Tu instead of Cheng Xu.)

Hebe then opened her door*

Arron, I am sorry I have to leave so quick. Don't be mad ok?

* As soon as she finish her sentence, she closed her door as quick as she had opened it*

*Arron then walked home slowly like there was no energy left in him. *