Three Questions Only!

My Everything!

Don't build me up to bring me down
Just tell me if you really want me around
Don't leave me hangin' so unsure
Knowin' that you're the one
To make me feel secure

Do you really love me

Or am I givin' up my love for nothin'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I felt as if I was in a pot being cooked. A severe headache struck me, and I could barely breathe as if someone was gripping my neck firmly.

I opened my eyes a little bit after hearing my mobile tone for the thousandth time and could hardly reach it. I felt something was wrong, and I was agonized very much. I tried my best to get up and pick up my phone, and fortunately I could do that.

I answered the call after I recognized oppa's number,''Oppa~ I feel like dying. Where are y... -'' 

''Don't try to turn on any lamp~ I am beside you, hearty. Don't get scared~ oppa will save you.'' He cut my speech shrieking those words to assure me.

I felt really weak and dizzy, and then my body couldn't bear it anymore, so I fell to the ground. The last thing I heard from oppa before losing my consciousness was my name with a terrified tone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oppa wasn't looking into my eyes;  he was so distressed. I felt scared and started to call him with a very loud voice, but it-my voice- disappeared gradually. 

Then oppa himself disappeared, and nothing remained but stygian darkness. Therefore, that made me gaze into the distance despairingly.

''She is moving her fingers... she is waking up, dr.Lee'' I heard that familiar voice, and it was filled with joy.

Yeah! I am sure it was oppa's, so I tried my best to separate between my contiguous eyelids, and I finally succeeded. 

He noticed that and cheered,''Ohh~ thanks God; she woke up!'' 

I started to recognize things around me, and then I tried to get up. He surrounded me with his warm arms and  pulled me a long to his motherly hug.

Our bodies were very much adjacent that I could feel his rapid heartbeat. That was strange, but I liked it because I realized how much he was afraid and how much he really loved me.

''I am terribly sorry, my sweet Ji. It is all my fault; if I haven't left you alone, nothing would have happened.'' He uttered those words in a regretful tone before pulling away.

''Oppa~ what happened?'' I asked him after I looked around and found out that we weren't in our house, and I noticed a familiar person's presence.

''There was a gas infiltration in the house; it seems that I forgot to switch off the ignition key of the gas grill because I rushed to your school when the headmaster called. I couldn't enter the house to take you out as I forgot the key inside. Hopefully our neighbor, dr. Lee, and I were able to unhinge the door and save you.''

I gave a thank look to dr. Lee as I felt I had to, so he smiled at me saying,''Get well soon.'' And then left.

Oppa gave me the kindest gaze and held my pare hands acknowledging,''I know that you are so confused and angry, and you totally have the right to, but let me give excuses. Actually, I had a quarrel with my close friend week ago. That affected my mood, and I became so grouchy even with you, so I am terribly sorry, sweetheart.''

He would never be able to know how much I became relieved due to those words; I even wanted to hug him tightly and stay attached to him forever.

''We are going to stay here tonight; dr. Lee offered that and said it was a better idea. Therefore, you can rest your head on the pillow and sleep.'' Oppa softly stated.

It was a small but lovely room that we stayed in. It contained one old bed and some other pieces of furniture. Oppa stood up and prepared the counterpane that dr. Lee brought to him, and then he lay down on it.

I felt bad as he would sleep on the floor while I'd sleep on a soft bed, so I pouted looking at his face. He noticed and understood my concern, so he jokingly said,''I am punishing myself as I made my love upset for a whole week.''

''Yeah! I cried a lot in these previous days, but you should never punish yourself for upsetting me, oppa. I don't want to be your source of pain ever. I just hope to collect the entire world's happiness and give it to you because you are my life and will forever be.'' I meant every word I stated, and I thought that he hated it, as always. Whenever I said something about my gratefulness for him, he would have that displeased and sad look.

''Oppa~ do you really love me?'' I asked that question not only to change the topic, but I also wanted to know.

''Do you still doubt it?'' He censured with a frustrated tone.

I kept silent as I didn't have an answer. Therefore, he got more disappointed and then said,''To approve it, I will let you ask me three questions, and whatever they are, I will answer them honestly, I swear.''

That was positive and negative in the same time; I needed to select those three questions very well, or I would regret it later. I squeezed my mind to think well and give good ones.

''Why did you choose me among other children in the orphanage?'' This suddenly apeared on my mind, and I uttered it as I always wanted to ask oppa about.

''It's the fate, not me, who chose you. I believe in nothing but that.'' I didn't find his answer dramatic or pleasant as it didn't praise me, so I regreted it. 

I even recognized how stupid I was to ask this question because I could ask him about it anytime later; it was not special AT ALL.

''Really? So it wasn't due to a unique trait of me~ uhm...-'' he released a sweet little laugh before complaining,''Do you want the honest answer or the pleasant one? Be accurate!''

I smiled and stated with an apologetic tone,''I was just saying... .Uhh, just don't bother yourself have a concern to what I said.''

He chuckled, and I pursed my lips feeling annoyed as I still didn't like his answer. Actually, I couldn't understand myself in that point. Why did I want a compliment even though I knew how much oppa loves me? Did I doubt it? 

''Do you have another question, or shall we sleep now?'' He stated with a wide smile.

I knew that I had THAT one, but I needed to organize my thoughts and see which question had the priority right. There were still two questions to go, so I tried to choose well.

''Why do you want me to give up my love for Kim seungsaeng-nim? Don't mention anything about my age or his superiority as a teacher because they are not convincing.'' I wondered while staring at his eyes.

He answered directly staring at my eyes,too,''Because I love you, and I won't let you love any other creature as long as I live. Yeah! I am completely selfish, but you deserve it as you made me so.''

I releaved a little laugh as I strangely felt confused with his serious words. Then I indifferently stated,''You are different, oppa; I love him as a man.''

''I am a man, too!'' Those words have entirely hushed me up. We exchanged deep and long looks, and I felt that my blood-heat has highly increased and my heart has skipped a beat.

I wanted to tell him about that, but I didn't want to be disturbing, so I stayed silent.

He then looked away and asked me to sleep. I hated it; I wanted that heart-to-heart talk to continue, but he cut it.

I huffed my mouth and asked quietly,''Oppa~ can I sleep beside you? You know that I stay wakefull when I am confused or sick, and now I feel both.''

He opened his eyes a little and wondered,''Really?''

I waged my head and showed him the cutest expression I could do, but he only showed his blank face and closed his eyes again.

I pouted sadly and was about to sleep, but he reached his hand towards my face and quietly said with closed eyes,''You can hold my hand and sleep if it helps you. That's all what I can give, so take it or...-''

I grasped it tightly and smiled while saying,''I won't leave it, of course.''

That night, I felt that a strange and unfamiliar something has sneaked into my warm heart, but I couldn't figure out its entity till long later. Yeah! I slept deeply that night as I kept his hand close to my naive heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''I really HATE you, Jung Eunji.'' For the seventh time, I heard those words from Sohyun today. She was extremely angry and sad in the same time. 

I was checking out her messages to me on my mobile. Actually, last night, she sent me more than thirty message asking worriedly about me after my last message to her.

she also told me that she even tried to sneak out of her house to see me, but her parents caught and scolded her. Therefore, she spent her night calling and typing messages for me, and she even cried her eyes out.

I was literally overwhelmed with a mixture of sorrow and joy. I was sorry that she spent an annoying night because of me yesturday and happy to know that she really loves me. That's how a friend must be.

Suddenly, She attacked me with the tenth hug and the eighth ''I hate you'' statment. The hugs were more than hate words, after all, and I liked it.


Later in English class, Sohyun pulled my hair when I was resting my head on the table, and it ached me so much, so I cried out,''Ouch! It burned my head's little cells as a hell.''

All the students and the teacher looked towards us, and we noticed. Sohyun felt awkward and shy, but I stood up complaining,''It's her fault; I swear I didn't do anything wrong. I was just sleeping when she...-''

After few minutes, we both were quarelling but outside the classroom that time. Kim seungsaeng-nim has punished us the same usual punishment; he never changed it. Therefore, I could say he is such a hopeless but damn cute teacher.

''Yeah! Sleeping? Why couldn't I come with a better word? Why am I so stupid?'' I whined and reproved myself.

Sohyun laughed hard and said with a joyful tone,''This feels good although it hurts. I intended to do that because I wanted to punish you and to tell you an important thing.''

''Alright, my lovely stony-hearted friend, what do you want to say? You can express your heart out up here as we are being punished as miserable slaves'' I pouted and pretended to be discontented.

''My parents are sleeping out this weekend; they are going to visit my grandparents who are living in the countryside and leave me with SoMin Onnie home alone.'' She said enthusiastically.

''So what?!'' I wondered with a goofy face, so she got irritated and yelled,''Don't you understand?''

''No, I don't. That's why I asked you, stupid Soo.'' I yelled back.

She changed her expressions to be more cheerful, and stated with a grin,''Pajama party!''

I launched out into deep thinking and she started to lose her temper.

''A SLEEPOVER AT MY HOUSE, DUMBHEAD!'' That time she was totally inflamed; I almost saw flames going out of her ears.

Then we heard a door opening in front of us; it was Kim seungsaeng-nim -the one who opened it- with an angry and displeased face. Therefore, we knew what would happen next- a trip to the headmaster's room.

Hopefully, we were wrong as he stated,''Come with me after class.''

The bell rang while he was talking, so he showed a threatening smile like a person planning to take revenge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
''I was right after all.'' I whispered to Sohyun as I was clenching my fist into the trash bag that I am carrying away with her.

''About what?'' She whispered back. We were cautious and spoke quietly because Kim seungsaeng-nim had our class president look on us.

''That his smile was so evil.'' I answered pursing my lips.

''He is originally a DEVIL!'' She stated and then regreted it. Her expression was so precious, just like a person holding his breath before going underwater- cheeks filled with air and eyes wide open.

I laughed out loud and couldn't hush it up, so the class president scolded,''Hey you! Shut your mouths or I will tell Kim seungsaeng-nim.''

We shut them but when I mimiced her words and expression in a low tone, Soo chuckled and then we both giggled.

Later in the break time, I asked her about Baekhyun, so she narrowed her eyes and stated in an upset tone,''Didn't I tell you before that he is absent today because he has to take care of his mother. You really have a memory of goldfish!''

''That's a good thing, I guess?'' She rested her cheek on her palm hopelessly and looked as if she wanted to yell at me.

''Let's message him.'' I suggested after filling my mouth with the last bit of my sandwitch, and she hummed.

I picked up my cell phone and typed to him.

 

Me:Sorry if it's late, but I hope the speed recovery for your mother. Take good care of her, Baekie^^

Baekhyun:Yeah! But she has already got better, so no need for that~ haha.

Me:You little brat~ 

Baekhyun: Nevermind~ now...let me tell you what's new. I FINALLY COULD GET THE M.M.D THAT I ALWAYS WANTED.

Me:Wow! That's amazing. Lucky you!

Baekhyun:Yeah! I am still studying it; I need more time to be able to use it very well.

Me:I see. Have fun, then. Later^^

Baekhyun:Alright. Bye~

 

''What is the M.M.D?'' Sohyun wondered curiously as she was bowing her head down towards my cell phone's screen.

I answered without an eye contact with her,''It's a type of... . You won't understand  even if I explain it. It is somehow complicated, and...-''

''You don't know, right?'' She concealed her giggle and then released it out when I said,''I don't!'' I also went into laughter after her. Others stared at us, but we didn't care. We have only one life, and they won't take it out of us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I came back home that day, I found oppa cooking the dinner, so I rolled up my sleeves and started helping him.

''Don't you get bored of cooking, oppa? You cook here and cook in your work in the resturent; it seems annoying for me. Why do you like it?'' I broke the silence as I saw him deeply concentrating on his work without a word. 

''You can't live with a closed mouth, so I have to like cooking.'' He looked proud of his teasing words and continued his work silently.

''Do you mean that I am eatful and talkful, oppa? I HATE you.'' I emphasised on ''hate'' and sang it.

''Well~ I hit two birds with one stone. Then it is not ''eatful'' and ''talkful''; it is ''piggy'' and ''talkative''. Be accurate with your words, young lady.''

''Oppa~ '' I called him whining, so he chuckled and gave me a sudden deep kiss on my forehead. I could feel my heart skipping a beat, and I stayed stunned even after he went away.

It was not my first time to get a kiss on the forehead by him, but it was weird- the condition it left me with- this time.

''Oppa, for the questions, can I ask two instead of only one question?'' Out of the bule,I asked him that because I've selected my two important questions and I couldn't choose between them.

(Who was the one that you loved before breaking up with your ex-girlfriend?) And (If I ever found my parents, would you leave me and forget all about me?) Those were the questiones I really wanted to ask. 

However, he disappointed me by saying,''Of course not. And here the three questions came to an end. I swear I was so honest answering them.''

''What?! No~ that was not a question; I was just asking for a permission.'' I complained trying to persuade him.

''There was no ''please'' in the end of your so-called ''permission'', so that's it. You have no excuses. Come on; let's eat right now before the food gets frozen.''

He carried two bowls of nice-smelled ddoukboki and moved to the dining table. Then I followed him whining. 

But he didn't ever swallow his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I told you it would be better^^

Here is the forth chapter, and the story is still going on, so please be patient. Our Sohyunie shined more this time, and will even shine more later. She is Eunji's female BFF, so that's why she appears more than Baekhyun. However, he will has his time, so look forward it.
We still didn't reach the plot's heart, so stay tuned and have a nice day.
Enjoy reading!
Thanks

P.S. the M.M.D is something I am not very sure about its existance, but it is a technological device, and it may be mentioned and expained again later.