Memories Part 1

Different

Half awake, Half asleep, i lazily pull myself up from my bed. A new day with new chances. I wish I have that motivation. Speaking of new I find out something new, pimples.

After checking my face in the mirror, I'm sure there's a new batch of pimples starting to show. I shouldn't had eaten that irresistible bag of chips last night! At least I didn't have my first choice: ramyeon. 

I moved around my cozy apartment to the washroom, reaching again into my makeup kit after covering my dark circles. I found something shiny, I pulled it out.

"Ah, I remember you" I held A shiny yellow clip with little flowers as a design.

I used to wear the clip when I was still a kid up until being a trainee in Yg. We have been through a lot together. 
I actually don't remember exactly how I got the clip.My parents gave me a set of clip once as a birthday present at my 7th Birthday. However I'm sure this clip is different form the set since I think I must've lost all of the clips. Somehow I dint loose this one.

Since I already saw the clip anyways, I put it on my hair. Leaving my house I went to the place I become familiar with when this day of the year passes.

"Rin-ah, Annyeong its Soeun. I hope you are watching well from above. I'm already close to achieving our dreams. Did you hear YG's offer?..."

"So...why didn't you hang around just a little longer?" Touching her picture while crying.

"Why didn't you tell me about you're sickness? You could've been cured! I'm sure you would've been still here!" Holding the bouquet of flowers more tightly that before.

-Flashback-
 

"Rin, rin! Did you hear, did they tell you yet?" I ran towards a little girl wearing a yellow dress.
 

"We are both accepted, they told us we can come back whenever we want. We can finally achieve our dreams!" I shouted a little louder causing the other kids to turn.
 

"Huh? Rin, did you hear what I said" I leaned closer to look at her face.
Instead of being happy, she was looking sad.

 

"Rin, aren't you happy? We can finally pay our parents debt... To those bastards,we can finally-" tears falling from my eyes, which I didn't even notice.
 

"Soeun, don't cry" she wipes my tears with her hands.
 

"Then, why aren't you happy? Tell me, why do you look sad?"

"Soeun-ah, someday if I can't be able to be in our dreams, can you promise me that you won't stop? No matter how hard it is, no matter how lonely it is. Please hold onto our dream.

 

"Rin, why are you saying that? Of course you'll be there when we debut! You won't disappear suddenly or anything like that right?" 
 

"......Of course not" she told me while smiling.
 

The next day, she didn't come to practice. 
Instead of her I saw a coffin in her house.

 

I tried shouting her name and looking for her. I thought it couldn't be her, until I found her parents standing in the side of the room both crying.

"Where is Rin?" I asked while tears suddenly start forming in my eyes. 

I don't want to believe it yet. It couldn't be, Rin can't be inside that dark coffin.
 

After standing for a few moments, my mind trying to process what is happening. Her parents told me about her sickness, from last year ago. She was hit in her head with a glass bottle, when she is trying to fight one of the bastards who is trashing her house and hurting her parents.

When I ask her parents why she kept it a secret and didn't tell me, they said Rin don't want me to worry and stop trying for our dream.

That she want us to debut faster. 

For the past few months I didn't even remember what happen, I kept myself busy. I tried to forget Rin. I tried to forget that I lost my only bestfriend. But up until now, I guess you know it. It still bring me tears to visit her. 
 

Then I met B.I
  

- 1 year later-

 

"Yes, I've heard about it. Another GD or perhaps another SE7EN. He is the next generation, I'm sure President Yang wouldn't want to loose him and debut him as fast as he can" I heard Mr. Park talk to another ajusshi, until I walk in.

 

"Oh, Soeun. Was practice hard, do you want uncle to buy you bubble tea?"

"No, who is the person you were talking about?"
I won't deny that i started acting cold when Rin left and now this new trainee caught me off guard.

"He is the new kid, who President Yang found out when he auditioned. I think he is about your age. Probably you can meet him?" He looks at me with a hesitant expression.

"Yeah, I can probably." I turned to walk away from the staff's room.
Until I heard a boy's voice.

"Why didn't you call me back?, you told me you will call me back once you have a decision, it's been 3 months"

"I want to debut sooner"

"Hanbin, you will have to wait until you are ready enough to perform. For now you have to prepare first." I heard Mr. President's voice. The same person who got me and Rin.

"For now, starting tomorrow you will officially start to come here to practice."

I ran and hid behind the wall near the washroom. When I heard the door clicked open and I saw a boy about my age, but a bit higher than me wearing a hat.

I didn't think he saw me. As he walked hurriedly leaving the room. I turned to walk inside the room where Mr. President is.

"Who is him?" I turned to look at him, even when my knees are shaking a little. 
I'm
not sure why I'm still scared and a bit tense when I look at him.

"Soeun his name is Hanbin, about the same age as you. Like you he also is very talented" he said while smiling a bit.

"Are you going to Debut him first, before me?" 

"Soeun, what made you think that? You guys are both talented but that will depends on how much training both of you will show me in the future, so it's the best not to make any conclusions right now, Soeun?"

"Yes, I'm sorry" I turned to leave the door when.

"Wait, I forgot to tell you something. Soeun I will be transferring you to another company to train" he said in a low tone while looking at the papers in his hand.

"What?" I said with a bit of frustration in my voice.

"Don't worry, you'll still be training under my name but just in a different company. I will get you back when the time comes for you to debut".

"Ah, I see". I bowed and turned to leave his office.

I see, he wants to see who will be better to debut me or B.I, He cant be thinking of debuting him first, when me and Rin came first and after of what happened to Rin. I'm sure I look more eager in his eyes to debut, since staying here to practice.

-Ends of flashback-

*ring ring ring*

I check my phone and answer the call.

"Eomma"

"Soeun-ah, isn't today your day off? Do you want me and your dad to come and visit you there".

"No, I will come there and visit you and dad" I turned away to look at the door.

"Ok, I will cook you're favorite food. It must have been hard on you training" I heard the sadness in her tone of voice. 

"Eomma, for the long years that I have been training. I have grown quite stronger in practice" I assure her 

"Really? Come here quickly, me and your dad are excited to see you again after 2 months already"

"Ok, I will. See you later Eomma and Appa"

I turned to walk away from Rin's ashes.

*Exchanging pins*

"Here Soeun, this is for you" putting a yellow pin in my hair.

"Whenever you get sad, wear this pin. This means that I'll always be with you in whatever choice you make, but you have to promise me that you will wear this also when your debut is nearing, ok?"

"I promise"