Little Secrets and Surprises

I'm Just A High School Junior and I'm Married!

 

.................................................................................................................................................

Woohyun’s POV:

(Lunch time… Cafeteria… Around 12:45 p.m.)

 

 

Aish, what could the problem be…

Was she acting too obvious?

Or too hard to get....?

 

Should I just make her seduce him directly…?

No, andwe, she won’t be able to pull that off at all…

Though it WOULD be fun teaching her…

 

“…---hyun….Woohyun!” I heard my girlfriend say, snapping her fingers directly in front of my face.

“W-what is it?”

“Why are you spacing out again?” She said, irritation lacing her voice and expression.

“Sorry, Chae Rin-ah, just mulling over some things…” I said, an awkward laugh ending my explanation.

 

Can’t tell her I’m thinking about my wife and how I have to get her a boyfriend…

Aigoo, it sounds weird if I put it that way…

 

“Aish, anyway, say ‘aaaah’…” She said, holding some food in chopsticks in front of my mouth, gesturing me to eat it.

I complied, making her beam with delight while I smiled my thanks in between chewing.

 

It tastes…oh God, there’s too much salt…

Aish, now I’m suddenly craving that stubborn midget’s cooking…

She should hold cooking classes for all my girlfriends in the future…

I feel like I can’t live without her food now…

 

“Is it…delicious?” She asked, her face expectant.

“O-of course! Why wouldn’t it be since my beautiful Rin made it for me?”

“Aigoo…you two are so CUTE together!” One of her friends, what’s-her-name exclaimed, a dreamy expression on her face.

“Omo…you look like a married couple already!” Another one ‘em said, putting her hands together in front of her and making excited noises.

“Kyaaaah, they’re going to have the cutest babies!” said the third one, moving excitedly about.

“I know right? Hyunnie and I are perfect for each other, neh?” Chae Rin added, leaning on to my shoulder and holding on tightly to my arm, making her friends squeal with delight.

“O-of course…” I said, forcing myself to smile widely as I let her hold on to my arm and continue feeding me.

 

Aish, women…suddenly talking about marriage…

I hate it when these types of conversations come up…

In fact, I’m already getting tired of Chae Rin-noona and her equally loud friends…

Suddenly talking about marriage is a sign that maybe she’s taking this fling just a little TOO seriously

 

Before we got together, it was noona who first came up to me and told me she wanted to go out for fun. I was more than happy to comply since I wasn’t one to say no to a pretty noona’s invitation but now that she’s taking this “for fun” dating thing a little too seriously for comfort, I’m starting to re-think this whole affair.

 

MARRIAGE.

The only girl who probably detests the word as much as I do is ironically already married…and to me, in fact.

I wonder how noona and her friends would react if they found out I was already married?

Aigoo, now I’m tempted to say it just so I could see the looks on their faces…

 

They were now talking about wedding plans and motifs and all that crap, in annoying, screeching voices that sounded like a bunch of monkeys in a zoo.

 

Aish, why do I feel like I’d rather listen to Yuri nag about the laundry right now?

I must be going crazy with all this unnecessary noise…

 

“…--hyun…Woohyun!” She suddenly said, snapping her fingers in front of me again.

 

Aish...that's starting to get annoying...

 

“D-deh, Chae Rin-ah?” I said, smiling at her, somewhat forced.

“I was asking you if you liked that setting too…weren’t you listening?” She said, forming into a pretty pout.

“O-of course I was…anything you want babe.” I said, forcing myself to smile in agreement.

“Aigoo, we’re just thinking about it and you’re already being so complacent…you’re gonna be such a great husband in the future!” She said, pinching my cheek.

“W-what? Oh…y-yeah, of course.”

“Neh, neh, Woohyun-ah, do you---…”

“Omo, I suddenly remembered some---…something I had to do with Sunggyu and Hoya!” I said, suddenly shaking off Chae Rim-noona’s tight grasp and getting up from the table.

“Bwoh? More important than your girlfriend??” She said, her tone getting angrier with each word.

“Sorry Rin, it’s about a project we need to pass soon…I---I’ll see you later!” I said, before waving her goodbye and moving away.

“Wait, Wooh---…”

 

I quickly escaped from the senior classroom and headed towards our classroom instead, hoping to find Yuri and eat her lunch. When I got there, the room had barely any students and Yuri was nowhere to be found.

 

Aish…probably still there at the archery practice room…

I should head down there and bother her for a bit so she’ll give me her lunch…

Stupid, sissy-faced senior stealing the lunch Yuri should have given me…

I’m dying of hunger and cafeteria food just doesn’t suit my taste…

 

When I got there, I looked around cautiously from behind the entrance to see if they were still in there and headed inside when I saw Yuri practicing alone.

I stepped cautiously towards the side and observed her practicing quietly…this was the first time I’ve ever seen her in her uniform and practicing archery so seriously.

 

Aigoo…she looks GOOD like this…

How can an archery uniform look y on someone, I don’t get it…

I’ll probably look good in it though…

But her serious expression isn’t bad…

In fact--….

 

She bent her elbows slowly and gracefully while her stance remained straight and calm. She closed her eyes, positioning the bow and arrow slightly before letting go of the string.

I watched the progress of the arrow and saw that it had landed almost in the middle point of the target.

 

Uwooh…I knew she was part of the archery club but---…

I never knew she was THIS good…

She had me thinking she was an uncoordinated weakling for the past few months…

Aigoo…so she was hiding this kind of talent after all…

 

“Not bad…” I said, interrupting the serious atmosphere and making her glance towards me before shooting daggers straight at me with her eyes.

“Nam Woohyun, what the hell are you doing here??” She said, her eyes narrowing at me with suspicion and irritation.

“Waiting for you to finish practicing…so why isn’t that girly punk here? Isn’t he like the captain or something?” I said, glancing around to catch sight of the annoying president.

“Oppa finished practicing a while ago and had to return to the council. Aish…why am I even explaining it to you anyway? That plan of yours didn’t work at all!” She said angrily, hitting me on the arm as hard as she could.

“Yah, not MY fault he’s an idiot!”

“Oppa is not an idiot…I already told you he wasn’t the type to be moved by these things…” She said, crossing her arms in front of her, indignant.

 

That guy's just plain stupid, I say...

Now I'm not even sure if she, or anyone for that matter, should be liking that pabo...

That level of denseness is a crime...

Aish, Lee Yuri and her weird tastes...

I should work harder for my freedom from now on...

 

“Arasso, arasso…I’ll do better next time. For now…” I said, patting her head lightly and making her glare at me.

“…what?” She asked, her eyes narrowing in suspicion.

“Feed me.” I said, smiling at her expectantly.

“Bwoh?!”

“I’m hungry, I’ve barely eaten anything since this morning…your lunch, I want it.”

“Aish…you’re lucky I didn’t eat it…here. Now will you get o---…” She said, ignoring me now and focusing on her bow once more.

“Kamsahamnida! I’ll eat it well!” I said, interrupting her words and sitting down on the practice room floor to start eating.

 

She groaned and rolled her eyes at me before continuing her target practice, her face taking on a serious expression as she aimed her arrow towards the middle point.

 

This makes me so tempted to keep on pestering her…

I still prefer her passionate, angry expression rather than the serious, cold one she uses when she’s practicing or doing any kind of work…

 

 

................................................................................................................................................

Yuri’s POV:

 

 

“Neh, neh, why are you so clumsy yet really good at archery? Isn’t that a bit ironic?” He said, but I simply ignored him and continued.

 

Ironic?

You have no idea...

 

“Yah, you should be like that when you’re running around the house sometimes…that way you won’t keep falling down as often…” He said, continuing to bait me into abandoning my practice but I just ignored him.

 

Aish, why is he bothering me even here??

Doesn’t he get enough of this at home??

 

“Neh, neh Yuri-ah, come here and eat with me or I’ll----…”

“Aish, I give up!” I said, abandoning my bow and arrow and sitting on the floor beside him, glaring at him the whole time.

“Aigoo…that’s better. Now say ‘aaaaah’…” He suddenly said, holding a spoonful of food in front of my face, making me back away a bit.

"Yah..if I wanted to eat I could’ve finished that 30 minutes ago…I’m not hungry.” I said, waving away the food and glaring at him.

“Wae? Because of practice? But there’s no need to work so hard right?…” He said, shrugging nonchalantly as he continued to attack my lunch hungrily.

 

Aish, this pabo who has everything handed to him on a silver platter…

He doesn’t understand at all what ‘hard work’ means…

 

“Bwoh?? Of course I need to work hard...there’s no way I have talent in ANY sport… That’s also the reason why I honestly don’t enjoy doing any sport at all.” I said, shaking my head in frustration at him.

 

I can't help the fact that I'm naturally uncoordinated...

I've always envied my brothers who were so good at everything...

I was the only odd one out who couldn't run fast and stumbled whenever she did...

I couldn't shoot a basket even if my life depended on it and ended up humiliating myself during every P.E. class...

The only thing that I probably did well was dancing but that was a different story...

 

“Then why ARE you doing this if you hate it so much…? Don’t tell it’s because of--…” He said, raising an eyebrow at me with a weird look in his face.

“Wae? Is it weird if it’s because of oppa...?"

"Well coming from you, it's not weird at all. You're probably the only person who would join a club she hates just for some---..."

"I don't HATE archery...it's just something I don't really enjoy doing much."

"Same difference. I don't know whether to admire you for doing this or be weirded out..."  

"…I just wanted to do something he loved doing and try to see things from his point of view…”

“But really, if you didn’t like it, then how are you so good at it?…”

"Am I really? ...I don't think I am though..." I said, sighing deeply.

 

I still made a lot of mistakes...

Especially if I missed practice for even just one day...

I'm wondering why I even made vice-captain when the first years are probably better than me...

 

"Well, if I were to do it I'd probably be better than you without practicing so..." He said, an arrogant grin on his lips as he let his eyebrows dance in mischief.

“Ha-ha very funny... For me, I had to train as though my life depended on it since middle school just to get to this level…since I didn’t have any talent, unlike oppa…”

“Bwoh?? Chinja??!” He said, the disbelieving look on his face almost hilarious.

“Yah look at this…believe me now?” I said, showing him my palms which were covered with bruises, marks of cuts and blisters all over, making them look like ravaged messes. 

 

I remember my umma crying once back in middle school when she saw my hands about a few months after I joined the archery club. She'd wanted me to quit then and there but I was stubborn and went to practice anyway until she got tired of trying to convince me to give it up.

Still, I always had a complex about my hands after I started archery and I’d never let anyone touch them, afraid of people discovering just how ugly they were but I didn’t mind showing him for some reason.

 

It must be because I don’t care what he thinks…

 

He was looking at my hands closely, a mixture of pain and amazement in his expression. I chuckled a little at his agape mouth and disbelieving eyes as he finally tore his eyes away from them to look at my face.

 

Other people would probably have the same reaction if I showed them this...

Even I think they're a mess...

But somehow, I can't regret the reason why my hands became like this...

They're the marks of my hard work...

 

“Aish, I know ugly right? These hands ar---…” I said, looking at my hands with a lopsided smile as I recalled the times when holding a bow and arrow were most painful for me.

“They’re beautiful.” He said suddenly, looking into my eyes directly.

“W-w-what?” I said, looking at him with a weird expression. 

“I said your hands are beautiful.” He said, still with the same serious expression.

 

Aish, him and his sweet-talking again...

I don't understand why he feels the need to lie to me and comfort me at this point...

 

“W-why would you say that? I know they’re NOT, okay, there’s no need to---…”

“When I say they’re beautiful, I mean they’re beautiful. For a girl to work so hard just for some pabo she likes to the point that she causes her hands to be like this, your passion is beautiful.” He said, looking at my hands with a kind of awed expression, before touching the scars gently with a finger.

 

What’s this?

Why is he suddenly acting like this??

Aish…I can feel my cheeks heating up….

Stupid Nam Woohyun, making me feel embarrassed all of a sudden…

 

“Aish, stop it already! Why are you suddenly being weird and nice??” I said, taking my hands away and looking away from him.

“Yah, I’m ALWAYS nice! You’re just a stubborn midget who doesn’t notice that!” He said, his voice sounding disappointed and annoyed.

 

Bwoh??!

What did he just say…?!

 

“WHAT. DID. YOU. JUST. CALL. ME??!”

“W-wait, don’t hit me!” He said, getting up and running away suddenly, as I took my bow and threatened to hit him with it.

“Come back here Nam Woohyun!”

“Andweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!”

 

I laughed at his terrified expression as he ran away from me and circled the archery room, trying to avoid my bow.

Even though he was pretty annoying, he did cheer me up a bit with his stupid antics. And no one’s ever told me my hands were beautiful before…I guess that makes him a better human being in my eyes?

 

“Y-yah…get away from me! You might the clumsiest human being on earth, but you’ve got the strength of a wild horse!” He said, hiding behind the locker room door, his hand in front of him telling me not to go any further.

 

 

 

 

Okay, scratch that thought, human being or not, I AM GOING TO MURDER HIM!

 

 

.................................................................................................................................

Sunggyu’s POV:

 

“See? There’s something going on with those two, I tell ya!” I said, in a low but audible whisper to the four other guys with me.

“Aigoo, noona’s so pretty with her archery uniform on…” Sungjong said, ignoring me and looking only at Yuri who was rather y in her archery uniform.

“Yah, that’s not the issue here…we’re talking about their relationship!” Sungyeol added, hitting Sungjong on the head before focusing his attention on the two inside once more.

“Isn’t it bad to be spying on them like this?” Dongwoo said, his tone laced with worry and guilt.

 

Aigoo, the one who SHOULD be guilty is that Nam Woohyun…

He pretends to hate her but he’s actually eating lunch with her happily like this…

Aish, I should beat the crap out of him later for giving us a hard time earlier…

 

The gang members and I were hiding beside the archery club room and peering into the window, looking at our hapless Woohyunnie who was happily eating lunch with Yuri.

We’d been looking for the two earlier but they both suddenly disappeared right after the bell rang, forcing us to eat lunch without them.

 

“It’s HIS fault for keeping her all to himself…we were supposed to have lunch together!” I said, hitting Dongwoo on the head.

"Yah!" He said, rubbing the sore spot where I'd hit him.

“Wait, doesn’t it seem like…he likes her?” Hoya added, focusing his attention on the two.

“Andwe! He can’t like my noona!” Sungjong exclaimed, hitting the window panel with his fist angrily.

 

They seemed to running around, Yuri chasing after Woohyun…looking like two lovers in a romantic playful scene.

But that can’t be right? Woohyunnie has a girlfriend and…

Aish, since when has that stopped him from flirting with other girls before?

 

“I think it’s pretty obvious what’s going on here…” Hoya said, his hand on his chin, a thoughtful expression on his face.

“Aigoo, Yuri-ah probably doesn’t know he has a girlfriend…I feel bad for her…” Sungyeol said, his face sad and concerned.

“Aish, he’s such a bad guy, playing on the two girls like this…” Dongwoo said, his voice filled with concern and irritation.

“He should’ve just stayed faithful to Chae Rin-noona and left Yuri-noona alone…aish, I can’t forgive our Woohyunnie!” Sungjong exclaimed angrily, raising his fist and aiming it at the hapless Woohyun.

“Yah, yah…let’s teach him a lesson next time…” Sungyeol added, his choding antics getting the better of him again.

“Exactly! That punk needs to know he shouldn’t play around with girls too much, especially girls WE like…” I agreed, nodding my head in the process.

“So here’s what we’re gonna do---…” Sungyeol said, gathering us to come nearer to him as he whispered the plan to us.

 

Member or not, if one of us does something out of line, it's the rest of the gang's job to make him realize his mistake...

...so Nam Woohyun, prepare to be re-educated by us.