An Infinitely Busy Saturday (Part I)

I'm Just A High School Junior and I'm Married!

 

 

 

 

............................................................................................................................................................................

 

Woohyun’s POV:

 

9:15 a.m.

Dammit…it’s so freakin’ early.

 

God, my head hurts like a bish. And it’s all THEIR fault.

 

Yuri and I had totally forgotten about the dinner with the family and as expected we got our heads chewed off for arriving 2 hours late when we were supposed to be the hosts.

The worse part of the whole sordid affair though was when I’d suddenly blurted out that we’d gone on a date as an excuse for being late and they’d actually bought it.

 

Heck, not only did they buy it, the appas and ummas actually had a freakin’ drinking party celebration afterwards.

 

Ever since we got married, we’d spent every family gathering, outing and dinner glaring at each other and fighting…stupid of us not to realize that we could have gotten them off our backs earlier if we’d just pretended to be a lovey-dovey couple since the beginning.

 

We could’ve avoided a lot of craziness and chaos…

It wasn’t my fault though…

Yuri just LOVES picking a fight with me…

 

Yah Nam Woohyun, who’s the one who enjoys teasing and playing with her anyway?

Well me but--…

Case closed.

Aish…

 

Well whatever. I’m only happy now that surprisingly, they didn’t even stay the night and went home earlier than usual.

I was ready to do a celebratory victory dance when….I’d suddenly found an energy drink and a note left by appa telling me to make our first child a boy.

 

Stupid appa…

Before I would’ve just laughed off this kind of tasteless joke and forgotten about it by now…

But this is actually making my skin crawl…

Especially knowing he’s most likely dead serious about what he’d said…

 

Ironic how the only girl I won’t touch…no, CAN’T touch…is my own wife…

If she looked THAT hot but was somebody else I would’ve banged her in a second but…

She’s LEE YURI for crying out loud…

Aish…

 

I closed my eyes once more and buried myself in a pillow, hoping to sleep off my hangover and frustrations but I couldn’t get back to dreamland and found myself more uncomfortable than ever.

 

I should ask Yuri to make me one of those honey tea thingies she likes…

It always makes headaches go away…

It’s all HER fault I have a hangover anyway…

She left me all alone to deal with the craziness by myself last night and slept early…

Aish, I should’ve made her stay…

 

Well anyway…

She’s in charge of cleaning today so she can take care of me too…

She’s an early riser so she should be up and vacuuming already…

 

I stumbled my way down the stairs but found no one. I found scattered beer cans and bottles, plates of food, pillows and other stuff scattered all over the living room and kitchen but no sign of Lee Yuri.

 

Okay, this is SOOO weird…

That wifey of mine is a number one OCD-stricken girl who doesn’t eat cafeteria food because she doesn’t know how it’s prepared and ALWAYS brings her own utensils with her no matter where she goes…

She’s the type who won’t get mad if I eat her food but will bring hell on me if I don’t wash the plates properly…

And she is definitely the type who would have all this crap cleaned up by now even if world war III were upon us…

 

There’s something terribly wrong with this picture…

I just know it.

 

“Yuri… Lee Yuri…” I called out to the empty first floor, hoping she’d pop out from somewhere but no response or Lee Yuri appeared.

 

She should be in her room…?

I should wake her up…

She’ll probably freak if she found out she slept until this late…

 

I opened the door to her room cautiously, thinking maybe she’d gotten up by now and would blow up on me if I suddenly surprised her.

I looked around her wide, neat, green-and-white room before spotting her still lying with the covers up on her bed.

 

Aish, this girl…

Now SHE’S the one being lazy on her cleaning day…

I still remember her hitting me last time when I’d forgotten that I was supposed to clean and slept til midday…

Aigoo…now I can get my revenge on her…

 

I stepped closer to her bed quietly, before looking over her small figure being completely covered by a thick blanket. I put my mouth closer to her head and---…

“LEE YURI THE HOUSE IS ON FIIIIIIIIRE! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, lacing my tone with panic hoping to scare her awake.

I was disappointed when she didn’t budge.

 

Aish, this girl is an extremely light sleeper…

Why isn’t she reacting…?

She’d usually be hitting the lights out me by now…

 

I prodded her gently then harder when she still didn’t show any signs of waking up. Frustrated, I yanked the covers from her head and---…

 

“Y-Y-Y-Yuri….!?”

 

Oh my God…

Why does she only have her underwear on?

Did she sleep like this??

S-S-She doesn't usually sleep like this?!

Wait, does she...?

Dammit...now all sorts of thoughts are going into my head...

Yah Nam Woohyun, DO NOT LOOK!

 

I quickly covered her up once more up to her neck then realized she still hadn’t opened her eyes and woken up.

 

Wait…

She’s breathing really hard…

Like she can’t get enough air…

And her face is somehow red…

Is she---…

 

I touched her forehead and felt the biting hotness of her fever on my hand before I quickly pulled it off her.

 

She’s sick!

Oh my God, what am I---…

Aish, why is she--…

Dammit, I’ve never---…

 

“Dammit…should I take you to the hospital??! Lee Yuri, eottoke…w-what should I do…”

“W-woo---..hyun…?” I heard her say in a hoarse, cold-stricken voice, as she struggled to open her eyes.

“Yuri! H-how do you feel? Does your head hurt…!? Should I take you to the emergency room?! Shou--…”

“D-don’t scream--…at me…stop panicking a-already…” She said in a hoarse voice, coughing in between phrases.

“Then tell me what I should do! I—I don’t…”

 

Aish, I’m really useless at these kind of things…

I’ve never taken care of a sick person before…

And it was usually ME who was being taken care of…

Should I call umma…?

No, she’s probably gonna start overreacting to the extreme…

So will the rest of our family…

Should I just take her to the hospital…?

 

“I---…I’ll be f-fine by--…myself so…” She said, her weak, pained voice belying her actual condition.

“What do you mean “fine”?! Try saying that without coughing in between and I’ll believe ya, sheesh!”

“R-really…just g-go already--…I’ll sleep more before I---…do the chores…”

“Yuri! Tell me how I should make you better already!”

“J-just go…---…I’m f-fine…” She said, closing her eyes completely and covering herself with a blanket once more before drifting off to dreamland.

 

Stubborn midget…

She’ll always say she’s fine even if she’s not…

Well tough luck wifey, your husband is going to take care of you today whether you like it or not!

 

But first…

What do I do again….?

 

 

……………………………………………….....................………………………………………………………………

Hoya’s POV:

 

9: 40 a.m.

Aigoo…so early to be waking up on a weekend…

 

The doorbell of my apartment rang a couple of times more as I stumbled my way towards the door, preparing to punch the lights out of anyone who dares disturb me on my day off.

“Stop it before I---…” I started to say as I opened the door before two pairs of hands suddenly tackled me, making me fall backwards on my .

“Hoyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!” I heard Sunggyu shout, holding on to my neck like a jellyfish.

“Hyung, we came to play!!” Sungjong added, also lying on top of me and wriggling about.

“Yah, get off me will ya!”

 

These pabos…

When they’re bored they always end up going here and messing around…

I should get them to leave…

 

“Get out…I wanna sleep more…” I said, trying to push them out the door lazily.

“Aish, you old man…stop sleeping and enjoy your youth to the fullest!” Sungyeol exclaimed, opening his arms wide and grinning like the choding he was.

 

“I WANT TO ENJOY MY FREAKIN’ YOUTH ASLEEP, ARASSO?!”

 

“Dongwoo, save me!! Hoya’s gonna kill me!” The giant kid said, hiding uselessly behind the chuckling Dongwoo.

“H-h-hyung is scary…” Sungjong said, clutching Sunggyu’s shirt.

“Aish, forget about sleeping Hoya…listen to what we’ve got planned for today!” Sunggyu exclaimed, beaming at me excitedly.

“I don’t wanna hea---…” I started to reply when I’d suddenly heard the phone beside me ring, halting my words as I picked up the call.

 

“Yomoseoyo…?”

“Hoya!! Thank God!”

“Woohyun…?”

 

What’s he up to this early in the morning…?

He’s usually the person who wakes up around midday or afternoon during weekends…

 

“Hoya, I need your advice on something…you gotta tell me EVERYTHING, arasso?”

“Depends…what is it?”

“About fevers…what do I do about it?”

“You mean taking care of a sick person?”

“Of course! Now tell me, quickly!” He said, his tone laced with panic.

 

What’s he so worked up about…?

Someone in his family got sick…?

But someone else would usually take care of things like these right….?

 

“Is that Woohyun? What’s he saying? What does he want?” Sunggyu asked from beside me, his expression and tone very curious.

“Not sure…just asking about fevers and how to take care of sick people…” I answered, shrugging my shoulders slightly.

 

“Hoya! Are you there?!” The guy on the other line almost screamed right into my ear.

“Aish, stop screaming in my ear already!”

“You weren’t saying anything!”

“Sheesh! Just cover the person with blankets, put an ice pack on the forehead and feed him chicken porridge then anti-fever medicine…”

“Is that all?! Do we need to go to the hospital??” He asked, his voice full of worry and panic.

“If the fever isn’t gone in a day or two then probably… Oh and a bath would help too…wait, who’s sick anyways?”

“Erm…t-the neighbor was just asking me about it since his daughter has a fever so…” He said, his voice faltering a bit in the end.

 

Neighbor…?

Asking WOOHYUN for advice…?

Something’s definitely wrong with this picture.

Better not let him know I think he’s lying…

 

“Oh…arasso. Then just do all that and the fever will be gone in several hours.” I said, my voice light and nonchalant.

“Thanks Hoya! Gotta go!” He said, excitedly and quickly as if he were in a hurry to do something.

“Wait, Woohyu---…” I said, before the beep that signified the end of the call interrupted my statement.

“Hyung, what was THAT all about??” Sungjong asked, his head cocked slightly to the side in confusion.

“I’m not sure but I think someone’s sick and Woohyun’s taking care of him…or her.” I answered, hand on chin and a thoughtful expression on my face.

“Nam Woohyun…?! OUR Woohyun??” Dongwoo exclaimed, his face laced with shock.

“B-bwoh?! That’s not possible! That guy can’t even take care of himself much less other people…” Sunggyu said, his face expressing his complete disbelief.

 

That’s true…

For a guy who doesn’t even know how to boil water…

Taking care of someone is just---…

Well there’s someone over there who can probably assist him anyways…

 

 “I don’t know but I just told him instructions so I guess that’s that…now can you get out please? Before I throw you all out?” I said, smiling at them while trying to push them out the door.

“Wait Hoya! You didn’t hear out our plan first!” Sunggyu said, stopping my pushing motion and holding on to my shoulders forcefully.

“Aish, if it’s another stupid, boring idi---…” I started to say, rolling my eyes at him before he suddenly halted my words with his.

“It’ll be fun, I swear! And it involves our Woohyunnie!”

“And…?”

“We’re going to visit him at his house today!”

“Okay….? We’ve been there a million times, you guys just go ahe--…”

“Aigoo, not THAT house…his NEW house!” He exclaimed suddenly, confusing me a bit.

 

New house…?

Wait…

Woohyun never told us he moved.......?!

 

Wait...

Then if he's living alone...

Then about that sick person---...

 

“What do you mean new house…? Meaning he’s living by himself?”

“Exactly!” Sunggyu exclaimed, looking extremely pleased with himself. "And get this...he's been living there for a long time now and he STILL hadn't told us anything..."

“And how’d you discover this little fact…?”

“Erm…that’s not important. Just change so we can go already!”

 

Aigoo…

If I didn’t know any better, he must have been behind this…

Using his connections with the police again to find out information on people…

 

“We’re planning on ambushing him and making him tell everything he’s been hiding from us…” Sungyeol said, a devilish smirk on his lips as he contemplated the scenario later.

“Yeah! Hyung’s been acting like a bad guy lately…first keeping his relationship with Yuri-noona a secret and now this?! Aigoo…” Sungjong said, with a disgusted shake of his head at our Woohyun’s antics.

 

Well it was true…

Our Woohyun has been very secretive these past few weeks…

I even just found out NOW that he’d already changed addresses…

And I DO wanna get to the bottom of the whole thing with Yuri-ah…

 

I guess not sleeping for one Saturday morning isn’t so bad...

Playing with our Woohyunnie sounds much more fun…

 

“So…what’s the plan?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at the grinning quartet.

“So here’s what we’re gonna do--….”