Unexpected

I'm Just A High School Junior and I'm Married!

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Yuri’s POV:

 

 

I didn’t think your stupidity could get any worse but you proved me wrong…nice job, Nam Woohyun. Really.I thought in frustration, face-palming myself as I took in the shocked faces of his friends who still hadn’t budged an inch. I doubt they’ve even BREATHED for the past five minutes. Then all of a sudden, all five of them seemed to have snapped out of their initial shock and started bombarding me with questions. Kind of.

 

“What…?” Sungjong managed to squeak, looking up to me with a look that reminded me of a whipped puppy dog’s expression.

“When?” Dongwoo managed to ask calmly, his frown getting bigger and bigger by the minute.

“Where??!” Sunggyu exclaimed, the look of disbelief still clear on his face.

“HOW??????!!!” Sungyeol screamed, the sound totally reminding me of a dolphin’s.

 

I looked at all four, including Howon who simply stood there and looked at me with a weird expression on his face, not able to find the words to answer them. Oh God, what do I-----…I started to think but was suddenly interrupted when I was overtaken by bouts of sneezing. I sneezed a total of three times in succession, reminding me in a not-so-ladylike way that I still had a cold.

“Omo, kwenchana noona?!” Sungjong almost screamed right in my ear, grabbing both of my forearms while he slightly shook me. The sneezing was followed by violent coughs, causing the others to smack Sungjong on the head to stop him from shaking me to and fro.

“Damn maknae…aish, why didn’t that guy take better care of you?!” Sunggyu exclaimed, shaking his head disapprovingly at Sungjong then giving me a frustrated-worried expression while sounding like an umma, which I’ve noticed he tends to do a lot.

“Aish…come on guys, that’s enough! She’s not the one who’s supposed to be answering our questions…” The calm and collected Howon said, causing the other four to look in his direction.

I almost laughed at the sight of the four guys’ faces darkening and their eyes narrowing at the same time before bolting out of my bedroom door like lightning. I can’t get over how in sync these guys are…

 

“NAM WOOHYUN!” I heard a collective of male voices shout from beyond the door, causing me to laugh uncontrollably.

Aigoo, I hope they do my job for me and make him suffer…that pabo. I silently cursed, still laughing at the group’s ridiculous antics, when a slight shifting along the side of my bed caused me to turn towards that direction.

 

“Erm…sorry about that.” Howon answered with a sheepish smile when I caught his eye.

“It’s alright, Howon-ssi…” I answered, giving him a small, reassuring smile when I saw him fidget uncomfortably in the space where he was standing. Omo, I wonder why he’s still here and not charging outside like the rest… I wondered, cocking my head slightly to the side and giving him a questioning look which caused his eyes to widen before he looked away and averted his gaze. He’s acting weird…I wonder if something’s wrong…

Howon-ssi and I have been classmates for almost two years and although we haven’t spoken much…well more like, AT ALL…the whole time which is a great feat actually considering we’d been seatmates ever since freshman year. This was the reason why it came as a big surprise when he, along with the rest of Woohyun’s friends, started talking to me a few days before. All I really knew about him is that we had the same last name and he was Nam Woohyun’s friend.

I touched my forehead, feeling a little dizzy for a second and leaned back against my wooden headboard. He then made a face, as though he remembered something important, before grabbing something from the purple backpack I just noticed he had on.

 

“Uhm…if you don’t mind…here.” He said, gently, while handing me a small paper bag. Curious, I opened the hastily folded paper bag and saw a piece of orange, cold medicine in the form of tablets and some fever strips…the ones you put on your forehead when you’re suffering from a cold. My eyes widened in surprise at the sight before I raised a confused expression to him.

“You’re giving this to me?”

“Ah…deh.” He answered almost quietly, nodding his head once like a shy little kid. I had to smile at his unexpected thoughtfulness and kindness which he probably didn’t see because he was too busy staring at his feet. Aigoo…perhaps I was wrong about him, he seems like a very nice person…I thought, referring to my initial impression that all of Woohyun’s friends were as bad as him. Omo, how did he---…

“Uhm, did you know I was sick…?” I asked, my head titled slightly to the side in confusion.

“Ah, no…somehow… Well actually Woohyun called me before, worriedly asking advice on how to take care of a sick person so I assumed that somebody in his household was---…yeah.” He answered quickly before looking at his feet again, so he didn’t see the shocked expression on my face.

 

Woohyun…? THE Nam Woohyun…?I wondered silently, unable to imagine the scene in which Woohyun would be frantically calling a friend just to ask how to take care of a sick person. It seemed ridiculous and impossible…and extremely funny. Aigoo, today really is a day of surprises

 

“Thanks a lot, Howon-ssi…really, thanks. I don’t know how to repay you for this though…” I said with an apologetic tone, causing him to finally look up and look me in the eye.

“Err…uhm…it’s really no problem but----…” He started to say, pausing every few seconds to bite on his lower lip, as though keeping himself from blurting out something.

I smiled at him, silently encouraging him to continue and he gave me a wry smile in return.

“…can you drop the formal speech when talking to me?” He asked, causing my eyes to widen in surprise at his unexpected request. I chuckled in amusement when he looked away with a slight blush right after, looking embarrassed at his own words. Aigoo, well I guess it wouldn’t hurt…

“Uhm, sure…will that much be okay though?” I said, smiling slightly as his head snapped towards me, his eyes suddenly wider than I’ve ever seen them before his lips suddenly broke out in a huge grin. Omo, he looks really happy…was the formal speech bothering him that much?

“Jongmal?!...” He exclaimed almost excitedly, before catching himself and coughing against his fisted hand. “…ah, I mean, yeah…uhm, it feels much better--…ah, I mean, since we’re classmates and all, so uhm---…” He somehow struggled to explain, fidgeting slightly to which I had to laugh out loud.

“Deh, I get it.” I replied with a smile, causing him to smile almost shyly in return.

“So, uhm…I gotta---…go…I guess…” He said, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand and averting his gaze while moving slowly towards my door.

“Okay…be careful. And don’t kill Woohyun, please. His umma will be wondering about his whereabouts so…” I added, almost as an afterthought, causing him to chuckle in amusement.

“Arasso…just put that on your forehead, change it after two hours with a new one, and your fever will be gone soon.” He replied, referring to fever strips he’d given me. I nodded slightly and smiled in return, unable to do anything else since my headache was already affecting me a lot. He must’ve noticed the face I made because his smile suddenly turned into a worried expression.

“Okay…thanks, Howon-ss---…Howon-ah.” I said in a grateful as well as reassuring tone while waving him goodbye. I could swear I saw his ears turn red but I couldn’t really tell for sure since he quickly averted his gaze again and bowed slightly.

“Uhh--…yeah…later, Yuri-ah!” He exclaimed, before disappearing out the door, probably to catch up with the rest of his friends. I shook my head with a small, amused smile, wondering what had suddenly come over my cool and popular classmate.

I opened the paper bag once more, thankful for the cold strips which always made me feel better whenever I had a fever when I heard my phone suddenly ringing. I found it beside my pillow and quickly answered the call…my eyes widening with shock and pleasant surprise at the voice which greeted me from the other line.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo-oppa…?”

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Woohyun’s POV:

 

 

Pabopabopabopabopabopabopabo Nam Woohyun!My mind screamed as I was once again caught in Dongwoo’s fatal headlock. I was starting to think that Yuri had been right all along…that I was actually an idiot and I just didn’t realize it. Of all the things I could’ve blurted out---

“Explain. Now.” Sunggyu said, his voice subtle but menacing, making me a little terrified of my usually kind and carefree best friend. He had his arms folded across his chest, as were Sungyeol and Sungjong, and the three of them were standing right in front of me, obscuring my view.

God, they’re not gonna let me off unless I tell them everything…these nosy pabos…uuugh…I silently cursed my big mouth before sighing deeply. “Arasso, I’ll tell you everything so let me go.”

I probably sounded serious enough that Dongwoo let me go only after a few moment’s pause and I gave them a sheepish smile.

“So…speak.” Sunggyu prompted, not tearing his eyes from my face for a moment. I gave him a big smile, hoping to ease some of his annoyance with me but he just shrugged it off and continued giving me his painful death glare. Now all four of them stood in front of me, giving me narrowed-eyed, just-try-lying-and-you’re-dead expressions which caused me to take a step back. Aish, when these guys are serious, they’re REALLY serious…

“What do you want me to say? …it’s a REALLY long, complicated story and---…” I started to whine, not really wanting to get into the whole thing when Dongwoo’s uncannily sharp tone interrupted me.

 

“When?”

“A--…almost a year ago…?”

“Where?”

“In Jeju…”

“HOW??!” All four of them shouted to my face simultaneously, their faces marred with shock and incredulity.

 

I flinched a little before sitting down, sighing deeply before I told them the long, boring, frustrating story of how the marriage happened in the first place. I almost laughed at the sudden changes in the four guys’ expressions throughout the whole tiring monologue but I knew better than to laugh openly.

I haven’t really told the story to anyone and I’ve never bothered thinking about it all this time, so I was suddenly reminded of just how angry and frustrated I was that day. I recalled the day that we got married: Yuri holding back tears of anger and pain throughout the whole thing, my fists being clenched tightly the whole time, our parents’ happy, tearful expressions and the sinking feeling I had that my life was quickly coming to an end, the closer we got to the ‘I do’ part.

I’d almost forgotten that day and I honestly never thought about it throughout most of the time I’d spent living with Yuri as husband and wife. Well how can I think about anything else since we’ve been arguing and fighting the whole 10 months we’ve been married so far

I shook my head and quickly finished the story, making it clear that we were forced to marry against our will and are in no way planning to keep up this farce of a marriage for long.

I raised an eyebrow when the ending of my tale was greeted by tears and a LOT of sad, painful wailing. “Yah, I know it’s not the funniest of stories but it’s not that sa----…”

 

"You’re a lucky bastard Nam Woohyun…t-to think that a jerk and player like you is married to a kind girl like her…the world is unfair…” A tearful Sunggyu muttered while rubbing his eyes with his sleeve.

“W-wha----…” I started to say but unable to speak properly, too surprised I was at the fact that MY best friend would be having this kind of reaction. He thinks I’m---…lucky?!

“Uwwaaaah! Noonaaaa! It must have been hard on you…” Sungjong wailed loudly, tears falling heedlessly down his cheeks, crying unstoppably like a little kid. Hard on--…her?!

“B-bwoh?!” I could only croak, indignant at the inflection in his words before another voice cut in.

“P-poor Yuri-ah…she--…she must be suffering a lot…” Dongwoo who wasn’t crying but whose eyes were red and watery, added in a sad, pained voice.

“Yah, what about me?! I’M the one suffering here!” I complained but they didn’t seem to hear me at all. Is NO ONE taking my side on this?! They’re all worried about Yuri!

“I’ll treat her b-better from now on…I-I didn’t know she was going through a l-lot of hard times… Poor Yuri…” Sungyeol who was crying as much as, if not more than, Sungjong said in between hiccups, before sobs overtook him completely.

“Uhh--…what’s going on here?” Howon asked, his expression and tone confused while he looked at the crying members. He seemed to have popped out from nowhere and hadn’t heard the story so he was now looking at each of us, expecting an explanation.

The four continued to cry and call out random sympathetic sentiments for Yuri while Howon and I looked on, he, confused while I was frustrated and incredulous beyond words.

“Seriously…what are they crying about? Someone died?” Howon asked with a wide-eyed expression aimed towards me.

“Y-yuri’s better off d-dead than m-m-married to him…” Sungyeol wailed loudly before hugging the also-tearful Sungjong. Howon, perhaps realizing what they were all crying and wailing about, looked at me with a now-familiar menacing glare and was probably contemplating my apparent demise in his head.

 

 

 

Aish, I’m gonna kill these idiots…I silently cursed, face-palming myself at the ridiculousness of this unexpected  situation.

 

 

 

............................................................................................................................................

A/N: Mistakes should be ignored. XD