Monday Music Video Review: Neverland — U-KISS. ♫

i'm your seoulmate ㅡ kpop blog ☆


Halloween Special: Neverland — U-KISS (유키스) || NH Media


 Review by loveniel ⌨

  • Appearance   8/10

i really have much to say about their appearance, except for that they look berry berry cool.
when i first saw kiseop, i was like, "WOAH IS THAT REALLY HIM?!" and then i saw kevin -ovaries exploded-
a little too much guyliner, but eh, whatever; they look hot.

  • Choreography  9/1o

unlike their many catchy, easy-to-learn dances, neverland's choreography was very... cool (cool as in tough).
i really like the little elements in this dance i.e. the elevation changes & arm technique. lol, my dancer side is showing.
i seriously think my eyes explode when aj & eli do the whole 'i don't give a ' throwing arms move, because they do it so hot. likabo$
what i love about this choreography is the end when they just throw their arms down... favorite move. EVARRRRRRRRR.

  • Lyrics  9/10

"tell the DJ turn it up up up, and da-da-dance a little more." omg, that line was seriously stuck in my head for about a month.
lol, aj again w/ the catchy lines. don't deny our r-squared pi. LOL SORRY I HAD TO.
i also really
 liked the "and we stay forever young" & "money love, fashion, fame, and all that's in between" lyrics.

  • Music Video  13/15

i really really like they're dancing in snow w/ like smoke/fog everywhere & it kinda looks like how 'neverland' would look like, ohohoho. ;__;
never in a kpop music video have i seen an ice sculpture, so i was all like, OOOOOH.

  • Part Division  9/10

something NH Media is really good at doing is dividing up the song equally.
they know to give all the members enough lines, but to also make the main & lead singer distinct throughout the song.

  • Performance  9/10

i'm not a huge kissme, nor do i like, stalk u-kiss's pictures or anything, but i've wondered why they haven't won yet.
i can tell they put a lot of work into their performances, especially their dancing for neverland. why haven't they won a music show yet?
WAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

  • Popularity  5/10

-sigh- it disappoints me when i see a group of good looking guys who can sing & dance very well with a kick song, not getting popular.
i think they're more known internationally than in korea, because i've heard that japan/china/philippines/america really like u-kiss.
they never win anything (DISAPPOINT), but when their songs are released, they go to the top charts real quick so i gave them points for that.

  • Singing  9/10

Soohyun never fails to impress me with his singing, and Hoon is a very good singer also.
i don't know why i don't have much to say about this section... LOL.

  • Song  14/15

okay, so i normally don't like any songs when i first hear it (with the exception of Tablo's Bad & B2ST's Rainy Days), but i loved this song.
this beat is really funkaaay and just made me wanna dance when i heard it.
there's lots of different parts of this song, and truthfully, i like that.

  • Bonus Points  3/5

one point for aj's angelic singing when they performed someday.
one point for soohyun apologizing on behalf of their lame song producer/maker/whatever he was.
one point for making me a sorta KissMe. i barely used to even watch u-kiss. confession time: i used to sometimes
skip over their performances when i watched music shows. -sobs- i'm a terrible person you guise.

  • Bias(es): AJ & Eli <3

88/100 |85 + 3 = 88 % 


 Review by nacseux ⌨

  • Appearance   10/10

what can I say? It's U-KISS, they're unbelievably hot.
the eyeliner was a bit much, but it looks really goood, like really. and Kiseop looks so much better, and so does Soohyun.
Good job, U-KISS' stylist.

  • Choreography   —8.5/10

whoa, nice comeback. after having the semi-ballad, 0330, i was really impressed.
though it's not really like their dances before, that i loved so much, it was really different and had a really different vibe to it.
it was really powerful, and gave such an amazing feel.
i really liked the break down, with the kicks and punches with Kiseop and Kevin. Was very...attractive, i might say? LOL.
the only thing that i'd have to say that i disliked was the fact that their 'main move' wasn't really memorable or really easy to follow like all their other dances, like ManManHani and Bingeul Bingeul.

  • Lyrics  8/10

the lyrics were pretty good, but there was just one or two lines that i was iffy about, "money, love, fashion, fame, and all that's in between."
doesn't it sound a bit...barbie? could be just me, i could be delusional, i don't know, but that's all i hear in the song, and it drives me insane.
though i do like the english lines, "tell the DJ turn it up, up, up, and dance, dance, dance a little more," -that line is catchy.
I also like the little pun in the chorus, it's probably not intended, at all, and i may be the only one who has noticed it, but,
"yeogin neverland" sounds like, "you're in neverland." once again, i'm probably just crazy, and just really relieved that U-KISS had a comeback.

  • Music Video  12/15

there wasn't really anything that was unbelievably amazing in the music video, nor was there a storyline to it.
the dancing looked great and so did their faces, (of course,) so props for that. the snow and the dj at the start was pretty cool too.

  • Part Division  9/10

personally, i've alwasy thought as U-KISS as a group who knew how to divide their parts equally, so i was quite happy with this.

  • Performance  9/10

their performances are always breathtaking, and they always try their hardest, i think it's enough for them to win something.
come on Korea! they are such talented beings.

  • Popularity  5/10

oh how much i wish i could give them a higher score.
i can't though. It's sad, there aren't enough Korean KissMes but there's so many Int. KissMes!
they try so hard, work their butts off, lost two members, gained two more, changed their style temporarily,
changed so many things about themselves, yet they can't seem to pull through, and i really hoped that they could've.
how much effort they put into it really hurts me to see them not win atleast one music show.
not even one. and they've debuted since 2008. most bands i know that had debuted in 2008 are beyond successful!
why not u-kiss? i don't understand! they really deserve it, for sosmething that they've worked so hard on.
one day, one day.

such an epic kissme rant.

  • Singing  10/10

Soohyuns adlibs at the end were very impressive, i say.
sad to hear that he damaged his vocal cords though. a lot of their voices improved, im happy. :)
Their live performances never seem to disappoint either.

  • Song  14/15

the first second i heard the teaser, i was hooked.
then the MV came out, i was squealing and all. I really liked the song, and the fact that they had returned to their electro-pop days.
i was ecstatic. Though, i've got to admit, when  first heard it, i was like, "it's a little noisy" but alot of electro-pop songs are like that, so i continued listening, and by the end of the day, i couldn't get it out of my head.

  • Bonus Points  4/5

one bonus point because i like 95% of the songs in the album.
one bonus point because i'm a kissme, hence the reason why this review was sorta biased.
two more bonus points because they purely deserve to win.

  • Bias(es): Kevin!

89.5/100 ||  85.5 + 4  = 89.5 % 


Eye-candy of the Week 

KIDDING! halloweenspecial, didhescareyou?


kim junsu from 2pm.


Remember to request for Mondays and Wednesdays by clicking the smiley face —> 

S ubscribe to our blogfic to know what we think about the latest music videosrecommended fanfictions and talk about celebrities! 

C omment to let us know what you think about our opinions!

until wednesday,  bye-yeom