Wednesday Weekly Idol: Lee Gikwang of B2ST. ♂

i'm your seoulmate ㅡ kpop blog ☆


Lee Gikwang (이기광) of BEAST/B2ST || Cube Entertainment


Rambling by loveniel ▶▶

  • appearance

okay, so i think this guy is one of the best looking guys in kpop.
it's obvious that he's one of those people where girls go like, "oh, he's hot. what's his name?" not to mention that nice body he has. ;)
but
—everyone has flaws & Gikwang's would be his height. i don't really care if someone's short/tall, just as long as they're taller than me (and that's not that hard). i find it kinda cute when Gikwang gets mad about people saying he's under 170 cm & refuses to take off his shoes, haha.

  • vocal and dance ability

Gikwang isn't the main vocalist, but he can sing. did you hear that harmony at the end of Fiction? -shudders- Gikwang has a very unique and... y voice. if you asked me who i think is the best singer in B2ST, i would say Yoseob, no doubt. but if you asked me who i think has the best voice, i would say Gikwang. for some reason, i really like y voices, LOL. my friend thinks that Gikwang has the iest voice in the kpop world. and i'm like please that title belongs to niel
some people say that Gikwang and Hyunseung are both very good dancers and think they're the same when it comes to their dancing ability, but i disagree. honestly, i think Gikwang's a better dancer than Hyunseung. lol, don't bash me for saying that, i'm just stating my opinion. Gikwang has a really, really nice flow when he dances, and Hyunseung has power in his moves. for me, i prefer that the dance looks smooth & easy rather than someone dancing more powerful.
^ if you didn't read that long crap, what i'm basically trying to say is that i think Gikwang is a very talented dancer, & a good singer.

  • stage presence

although i said that i think Gikwang is the best dancer in B2ST, when i watch music shows on my TV, i always seem to watch Yoseob. i don't know if it's the fact that he sings a lot or something. but whenever i divert my eyes to Gikwang, he's always doing the right thing and makes the dance look 1000x easier than it is. he doesn't really stand out or anything, but he's well aware of what he's doing. i wouldn't say he tries his best all the time, but he does try really hard, and that's more than good to me.

  • position

Gikwang's position in B2ST is the main dancer & lead vocalist. i miss the days when Gikwang had a dance solo during the bridge of the song, like in Bad Girl & Mystery, because it seems that in their recent album, he doesn't sing much even though he supposedly is the lead vocalist. i feel that he doesn't really get credit for being a main dancer anymore, and that makes me upset that he's not showing off his talent.

  • scandals

"Cube Entertainment responds to Gikwang's smoking pictures"
i read this on allkpop, & my response was that he was going to damage his voice & i was disappointed. then i thought about it & i let it go.
first of all, he isn't and wasn't my bias in B2ST, so i wasn't freaking out or anything; i was just surprised.
secondly, it's his life & if he wants to smoke so be it. i understand an idol's life can be very stressful, because of the pressure to be perfect.

smoking is really common in Korea though, and if you walk down the streets of Seoul or Incheon, there's people smoking everywhere.
there are also rumors of Gikwang having plastic surgery, but i don't think that's a scandal nor really important to me, LOL.

  • personality

okay, so Gikwang's very at variety shows, like 100 points of out 100. he knows the right things to say & how to respond to others.
i used to be obsessed with Hot Brothers, and watched every episode. not because of simon d or anything, pffft Gikwang is really funny in that show, & knows how to get girls like old men. (if you don't know what Hot Brothers is about, you're probably thinking wtf)
his playful side is adorable, and his bye-yeom's are
 cute◕‿◕
he seems very concealed/hidden/idon'tknowtherightwordforthis from other people, and sort of timid sometimes though.

  • miscellaneous

in contrast to Lily; i actually liked "AJ" when he first debuted, LOL. it was like two years ago & i was watching Music Core and saw him. the link to the performance is here. ^^ my sister was completely biased to him, and i just thought he was a good dancer, lol.
then i saw him eating ramen on High Kick 1, and was like, "HEY, THAT'S AJ!" and my sister ran out of her room to watch, OTL.
basically, i think Gikwang is someone who knows what they're doing with his life, and doesn't like to mess up.

comment
If you think that I said anything that seemed offensive, then sorry, I didn't mean to. o_o This is just what I think of him.
This rambling sounds like I'm biased towards him, but believe me; I'm not. Nevertheless, I like Gikwang! Though I do like Junhyung more.
You don't want to be near me when I ramble about my bias. It'll take me like two hours to explain how perfect his hair is, huhuhuu. 

Rambling by nacseux ▶▶

  • appearance

well, what can i say? abs+eye smiles and gorgeous feautures, Gikwang is definitely really, really, really hot.
the only downside would have to be the fact that he's short. other than that, he's absolutely good-looking!
have you seen those chiseled abs? yum~

  • vocal and dance ability

Gikwang's dance ability is amazing, from bboying to his ever-so famous, "american dance," he is definitely a talented dancer and you see that throughout the video "Beautiful" a lot.
though, i can't say the same for his vocals. Yes, he can sing, but not all the time. From observation, in quite some lives, he is off pitch.
Of course, his voice sounds great and is quite unique, he isn't on pitch very often. with a little more practise, he could be just as amazing as Yoseob, who is the main vocal of BEAST by the way.

  • stage presence

Gikwang does have quite a vibrant stage presence, though he isn't the one who shines the most amongst BEAST.
To me, he seems sort of... ngeh. Don't kill me, because he does look good on stage, always. But even if he does look good doesn't mean he shines. But it's quite difficult to judge just by watching lives through YT. Though I've got to say, he doesn't slack off, none of BEAST do. He tries hard, and i think that's enough.

  • position

According to Wikipedia, the most unreliable source out there, (OTL), Gikwang is the Main Dancer and the Lead Vocalist.
before i start typing and people start bashing me, (please don't, lolol), I, myself think the positions go like Main>Lead, okay? okay. :)
the role of Lead Vocalist used to suit him, since I've been a B2UTY ever since "Bad Girl", i think i can tell their voices by now.
Well, back then, Gikwang used to have quite a lot of lines, like a lot, enough to fit the role of Lead Vocalist.
But now, since the Fiction and Fact album has come out, he hasn't sung as much... if you know where I'm coming from.
Because, i understand, part division and yadda yadda yadda.
The role of Main Dancer suits him too, though I've got to say, Lead and Main dancers are very alike, so it's sortof like he's sharing the poition with Hyunseung, but yeah.

  • scandals

We've all seen the scandal about Gikwang being a smoker, right?
When I first saw that, I was sorta disappointed, damaging his health like that, not to mention it's disgusting.
But after I read some comments and crap, I realised, it's his choice, and i shouldn't really hate on him for it.

  • personality

After watching the few episodes that Gikwang is on Oh My School/100 points out of a 100, and BEAST Almighty, his personality is quite cute.
He's shy, but at the right times, can say things to make people laugh.
He has that vibe where it can make many people jealous of him, and i think that's cute. He is quite the pushover though!
Still cute. Some people say that he's kinda boring, and i wouldn't agree, nor would i disagree, he kind of has that plain feeling to him but I think if you could get to know him better, he would have quite the personality.

  • miscellaneous

his pre-beast-debut days were not his best. LOLOLOL.
Apparently AJ stood for Ace Junior. Oh Kwanggie.

comment
Jenny and I wanted to do our first Weekly Idol on someone were both not biased to, because in Beast, I'm biased to Yoseob, and Jenny's biased to Junhyung.
I don't know if I've said anything really mean about Gikwang, above, but if so, please don't kill me, Gikwang stans, I love him too! Just not as much as Yoseob, trollolol.


Eye-candy of the week 


Tiffany


Remember to request for Mondays and Wednesdays by clicking the smiley face —> 

S ubscribe to our blogfic to know what we think about the latest music videostalk about idols, and recommended fanfics!

C omment to let us know what you think about our opinions!

until friday,  bye-yeom