Monday Music Video Review: Cry Cry — T-ARA. ♫

i'm your seoulmate ㅡ kpop blog ☆

ths dance rehearsal is next to the MV because it is ing epic and the best choreography i've seen by a girl kpop group all year.  
now if you are just gonna read this review & not watch the dance rehearsal, then x out of this. NAO.
because if you wanna read this, you have to see the second video. I'M FORCING YOU. ;____;


Hot Comeback: Cry Cry — T-ARA (티아라) || Core Contents Media
requested by: Nicole & blockb-lover, and because t-ara is just ing amazing 


 Review by loveniel ⌨
(definitely biased.)

  • Appearance   10/10

okay, so Jiyeon looks really good w/ that short hair.
she kinda reminds me of those girl gangsters with razor blades in their mouth... /creepy.
as for the other members, i can't really tell since only jiyeon and a little bit of hyomin was in the mv, but based on the teaser photos, everyone looks very pretty—especially soyeon. i absolutely love her with straight, long hair.

  • Choreography  10/1o

HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

this choreo is amazing on so many aspects, i can tell you that. and that's coming from a competitive dancer, yo. ;____;

i'm so speechless, i just can't even put it into the right words on how amazing this choreo is.
all i can say rn is that i was not expecting this. not expecting this at all.

  • Lyrics  9/10

these lyrics are really... meaningful. ;____;
my favorite line has to be 'like a crimson rose, you stabbed me with thorned words.'
though there's one part in the song that the lyrics really doesn't make sense to me...
it's the 'cry cry can't you see the music, h
ot like a flare you're ma boy.'
...
oh whatever, the song's amazing so i really don't care.

  • Music Video  15/15

i really like this music video. it's like a mini-drama, which i like.
plus, i really like cha seung won, lololol.
i'm glad that jiyeon is lead, not eunjung—not that i have anything against her, it's just that i think jiyeon was better suited for the role. :)
for people that don't get what the music video is about, i'll summarize it for you. *cough* lily *cough*
so when jiyeon was a little girl, her dad was some gang leader i guess, and cha seung won is sort of a cop. when cha seung won finally catches the dad, he's about to shoot him, and when her dad reaches down to his desk, cha seung won thinks he's getting like a weapon or something, so he shoots. after he's shot, jiyeon comes out from under the desk, and cha seung won takes care of her because of pity. so ten years later, they show jiyeon & csw catching bad people—a gambler and a dad forcing his daughter to steal (lol hyomin). one day, they get a lot of papers of wanted people, and csw sees that one of the people is a person that saw csw shoot jiyeon's dad. so ofc, he crumples up the paper so they don't catch the person, and so the person won't tell jiyeon about her dad. jiyeon is at the mall or something, and sees the wanted guy there. she follows him, not knowing that he knows that she's following him. she eventually gets lost, and he catches her first. after being captured, he looks through her wallet & sees a picture of her and her dad (his boss), and also a picture of her and csw. he tells her that she's living with the person who killed her dad. he or jiyeon calls csw (i'm not sure who), and he comes to the rescue ~ but only to find jiyeon pointing her gun at him. csw is shocked, but jiyeon can't shoot him. the bad guy tells her to shoot, and she refuses. finally, he pulls his gun out of his pocket and aims it at csw, but before he shoots csw, jiyeon shoots the bad guy. his 'men' start beating up csw & jiyeon, and the bad guy shoots csw. the police come, and the bad guy & his men take jiyeon, and the music video doesn't tell you whether csw died or not. he probably did because he has absolutely no help & he got shot in the stomach.
so, it's a pretty dramatic music video... and i really enjoyed it.

  • Part Division  7/10

based on the dance rehearsal, it seems that this is soyeon + hyomin sing most it. and i'm not complaining.
normally, i would be—but i've noticed that soyeon doesn't really get... noticed much.
now in this song... this is like her spotlight.
although i am satisfied w/ the amount of lines soyeon, hyomin, and jiyeon got—it doesn't go for hwayoung, boram, and eunjung. i've always liked qri + thought she was beautiful, so i'm glad she's in the middle most of the time. :) i really don't like how hwayoung doesn't get that many parts. for pete's sake, that girl cut her hair like a boy's for this comeback and she has like, one line. -sigh-
i like boram's tango thing though. c:

  • Performance  /10

t-ara comes back on M! Countdown on the 17th. i'm a hardcore t-ara fan + i'm so excited. ;_____;
i think i'm just really excited to see the amazing chore onstage, and the staging of it. and see hyomin throw an umbrella onto her shoulder
but as for now, i can't give a score on this because they haven't performed yet. check back on the 17th to see my opinion! :3

  • Popularity  8/10

t-ara is pretty popular, i think. it has almost 2 million views on their music video, and they won a couple of times w/ loly roly poly.
they're not really well-known, but they're popular. you get what i'm saying? eh, you probably don't. whatevs ~ d;

  • Singing  8/10

their voices have really matured & grown.
their voices suit this song really well, and it's a song where they can show off that they've been practicing on their vocals.

  • Song  15/15

t-ara's songs never fail to disappoint me. i loved bo beep, TTL, lies, i go crazy because of you, yayaya, why are you being like this, roly poly, & more but this song—i think it's their best song yet.
when i first listened to it, i was hooked immediately. you know those types of songs? YES I'M TALKING ABOUT TABLO'S WHOLE ALBUM
anyyyyyway, it's on repeat on my iPod, because i'm in love w/ ballads.
i'm totally learning this song right away, so i can go completely beast mode when i sing this at the noraebang.

  • Bonus Points  5/5

FIVE BONUS POINTS FOR THE ING AMAZING DANCE. I JUST FEEL LIKE CRYING RN. t-ara, you make me proud. :')
this is the t-ara i fell in love with! i can smell the awards already. ;____; 
i am done. brb watching the dance rehearsal seventeen more times

  • Bias(es): if you couldn't tell by my over excessive complementing... Soyeon. <3 and also Hyomin. :D

this review was so unbelieveably biased, but i don't think i care. ◕‿◕

82/90 || 82 + 5 = 87 ÷ 0.9 = 97 % 


 Review by nacseux ⌨

  • Appearance   10/10

it's late, so i sorta only skimmed through it, but i seemed to only see jiyeon? it's a damn fifteen minute video, gdi!
but yeah, since jiyeon is my bias, holy did she look good. whoa. and a tiny bit of eunjung near the end? i think?
since they're both my biases... //cough huh. e__o

  • Choreography   —10/10

now that i've seen the choreo vid. 
HOLY MIND BLOWN. SERIOUSLY. bravo t-ara.
the umbrella, and the.. omg. just. whoa.
i'm mainly blown away because it's such a drastic change from roly poly, and just. whoa.
it really is impressive. it must be super tiring, really.
it's such a beautiful dance. and i'm not a dancer whatsoever, as it may be obvious cos i know jack, LOL.
but omg, it's so goooood! can't say it's the best dance this year, but best girl group dance this year, just whoa. after that comes secret love is move, just saying. i can't stop saying whoa.
just. omg. whoa.i really didn't think t-ara were that talented. dunkillme
and boram, omg. she's so darn pretty, and the tango thingo, hahaha so cool.

 

  • Lyrics  9.5/10

holy were those lyrics deep.
i searched them up of course. but omg, so deeeeeep.
though, my favourite line would have to be, "like a tattoo, you carve in deeper the more i try to forget you,"
dunno why that line gets to me so much. so damn much.

  • Music Video  14/15

i'm pretty confused... i don't get the storyline.
but it seems really interesting. i'm so out of it today, will probably update this more when i watch the video when it's not 3am in the morning.
sorry gaiz.
yeah, so i rewatched it, stll don't get the complete idea, but.... hmm. i read jenny's summary.
sorry i'm not korean jenny!
and whoa, it is dramatic! a well-made mv i must say. and jiyeon looks so good /cough

i'm surprised that jiyeon is the lead in the video, not eunjung. but it's a good change, and i don't mind either. ;)
Jiyeon has such nice sharp features, suits the role quite well.

but goodjub jiyeon. she's so pretty!

  • Part Division  7/10

i'm not a huge t-ara fan, so i can't really tell their voices apart.
i can't find any lives yet, nor can i find anything else totell them apart. //sigh
i'm sorry guys, go on up and read jenny's review instead, otl.
hwayoung gets like no lines. in roly poly she got like one line too. GIVE HER MORE.

  • Performance  /10

there haven't been any lives yet!
will come back and fill this is when they do comeback, can't wait!

  • Popularity  7/10

it isn't unbelievably popular or anything, but it's hit one mill views, which is pretty good!
i hope they get the recognition they deserve.we''l just have to wait for a few music shows and well see if my score changes. :3

  • Singing  7.5/10

i can't say t-ara's singing is the best, but this song, the semi-ballad type song, quite impressed me.
their voices have improved a lot, they sound so much more mature and all.
in all honesty, i like this concept of t-ara more than the "roly poly" concept, though that song was undeniably catchy.
this type of song really shows of what they can do with their singing. not all of them are amazing singers, but i think eunjung is pretty talented.
their vocal training has evidently payed off.

  • Song  14/15

i really like the song. a lot.
it was like, one of those songs where it's like the first time you hear it, you're in love, you know?
it really caught me. maybe cos' i'ma er for ballads. hahhahaha. i'm talking bout the ballad version of course.
it's not really a ballad, but it's like.. i don't know how to explain, hahaha!
it's just one of those songs where it's like... instantly eyeear-catching.

  • Bonus Points  4/5

one for the fact that they change their concept just about every single time they comeback. not a bad thing.
another for making such a goddamned long mv! asdhmgfds.
another bonus point for such a boosssssss dance. holy . mindblown.
another for being a major er for the ballad version, ahahhahahahaha.

  • Bias(es): Eunjung & Jiyeon :)

when is it my turn to be biased!? DD:
maybe the next weekly idol. ;) we'll seeeee~

 

81/90 || 79 + 2 = 81 ÷ 0.9 = 90 % 


Eye-candy of the Week 


JONGHUN, WAE SO PERFECT? 
and a beast at guitar? ;___;
oh ft leader, so beaut.


Remember to request for Mondays and Wednesdays by clicking the smiley face —> 

S ubscribe to our blogfic to know what we think about the latest music videosrecommended fanfictions and talk about celebrities! 

C omment to let us know what you think about our opinions!

until wednesday,  bye-yeom