[ 11: LIGHT AND DARK ]

[ CA-23 ]

(A/N: This is going to get slightly more complicated now, so do read carefully.) 

[16.03.2015]
"I'm really not trying to annoy you, but I do wish I read the description of the job hazard in the contract." Sejoon said, gently touching Hyosung's scars. His fingertips emit white light, causing it to close.
 
"Shut it." Jookyung hissed. Hyerin had ran off to the sports hall, Iseul most likely with her, and Hyosung looked too shocked to move. The situational joke made him groan.
 
"Well—" Not long, the remaining heard a loud cracking sound. The window of the girls' dorm broke into pieces, and Hani seemed to have just flew down with the help of a foggy smoke, although it's hard to see when it's dark.
 
"Look out!" Wooyoung shouted, and when the others looked up, Hani's smoke had soldified into a black, colossal drill, arching at a fast speed at Hyosung and Sejoon's direction.
 
Wooyoung ran towards them. There's a possibility he could push them out of the way, or he failed. But either way, he had no choice when time ran out. He closed his eyes, no longer thinking of the prospects.
 
"Wooyoung!"
 
 
Wooyoung could sigh in relief. He's still concious, sensing the two warm bodies beneath him. Still feeling his dry clothes, it's most likely that they're both uninjured. 
 
"Hey, wake up." He forcefully pulled Sejoon and Hyosung out. They both got bits of dirt on their faces, but remained mostly unharmed. In fact, Sejoon looked agape, too bewildered to be hurt.
 
"Wooyoung, I never knew that you could make shields." Sejoon tend to make jokes, but he sounded too sincere to be lying. So Wooyoung looked up, and could momentarily saw a green hemisphere covering their bodies. When it was gone, bits of black soot fell on their clothes.
 
"Just get Hyosung out, Sejoon." Wooyoung grumbled. He most likely had seen things anyway, and the shock hadn't worn off from Sejoon for him to say unbelievable things.
 
"Hey, I'm serious—" Before Sejoon could open his mouth, a yell pierced through the night sky. It was shrill and painful, not of Hani's husky voice.
 
Hyosung cringed, earning warned looks from both men. The look of shock in her seemed to have went away, but her frozen demeanor earned a sympathetic look from Wooyoung.
 
"Know what? Better both of you hide until it's safe. Find the girls on the sports hall. There's a sickbay there." Wooyoung said, pointing to a large building a few metres away from them.
 
"What about you?" Hyosung said. Wooyoung immediately averted his gaze to her, knowing well that she could see through his feelings.
 
"Alright. Good luck. Make sure Jisung is okay." Sejoon said, gently helping Hyosung stand. It took time for the older woman to go with him, but by luck, Hani was more distracted by Jookyung and Jisung, wherever they were.
 
As their figure retreated, he gripped his knuckles tightly. The situation is tight and he knew that attacking her would be futile when it was just the three. Wooyoung grimaced.
 
He needed help.
 
 
"Are you really Hani?" Jisung asked. The figure stood still, her eyes glowing dark purple. He'd hoped that he could talk her out of it, although he's not sure how confident he was with her now.
 
"Yes." she said. Still not changing. People had heard of the fiasco, and now some of them had come closer to get a good look of it. From the corner of his eyes, Jookyung and Wooyoung pushed them out of the way.
 
"Then why do you have to do this? We're not your enemies, nuna." 
 
At the word 'enemies' however, her eyes glowed brighter, and he felt strong gusts of wind encapsulated the three young men in a storm. It caused the spectators to freak out, and run away immediately.
 
"But your friends made a big mistake of choosing that one." the voice spoke again. 
 
"one for choosing her, the other one for agreeing, and that one herself!" 
 
At the last word, Jisung nearly lost his footing because of the smoke. Not only that, tiny ashes prickled his eyes, nearly blinding him of the monstrous sight. He grimaced. Maybe he was being dumb.
 
Maybe Hyosung's right, he's still a kid.
 
"Are you really Hani?" this time, a soft, much more mellow voice said those words. At those words, the storm calmed down, and she landed on the ground. 
 
"Nuna?" Jisung said, quietly approaching her. He saw that her eyes had lost her purple glow, turning to the warm brown they used to see. It's still blank, however.
 
And before long, it glowed bright blue.
 
"Jisung, look out!" Jisung felt someone pulled him away from her proximity. In an extremely fast speed, he saw white sheets of ice spreading through the turf, engulfing Hani until she couldn't move.
 
When he looked back, he saw a young woman, her left hand balled into a fist directed at Hani, and a much older man in a suit next to her, in the same position.
 
Jisung knew their faces were familiar, but before he could ask for who they were, Hani shouted, "Help!"
 
The voice sounded much softer; like a young girl, something that Jisung had never heard before.
 
"You're not Hani," the woman said, tears trailing down her cheeks as she approached the frozen figure. "who are you, and why do you do this to her?"
 
"I'm...
 
"Tell us!"
 
"I'm Kim Rohee! Help me!"
 
With that, Hani's body went limp. 
 
 
The woman that sat at the pavement looked unhappy, even hurt. 
 
"What will happen to her if I control it?"
 
Then she will be set free too.
 
She looked at the girl by the pavement. "What do you mean by setting her free?"
 
She wouldn't feel so tied by her emotions anymore.
 
"What does that supposed to mean?" 
 
Kim Rohee, do you really want to come back to your mom or not?
 
Rohee looked hesitant for a second. The voice sounded shrill and menacing, like an old witch. She bit her lips, and started to feel like her stomach tied to knots.
 
I'm trapped, am I?
 
There's something about following a voice that sounded ominous and creepy that should've made her think twice, but she couldn't help herself at that moment.
 
When she looked down, strands of black roots started tying her hands like cuffs. She widened her eyes, and tried to wiggle out from its grasp, but it gripped her tighter until it hurts.
 
"What are you doing to me?"
 
Sweetie, the voice chuckled cynically. you're so easy to read, like a book.
 
Rohee started sweating. 
 
"What should I do?"
 
Control the blue light in your palm.
 
"How am I supposed to do that?" her voice became frantic.
 
Cover it with your hands.
 
Rohee stammered. 
 
Do it.
 
She encapsuled the light with her palm, and at that moment, the night sky disappeared, turning black. 
 
 
The darkness wasn't long; when she turned around, she saw a long hall with multiple wooden doors at its side. It was brightly lit with orange lights reflected at the tiles, but when she looked up, it was completely dark.
 
"Where am I?" She saw that the light remained, and tightly clenched it with her left hand.
 
Someone.
 
Rohee bit her lips. She's trapped somewhere with very ambiguous answers. Nothing felt good about this.
 
Try opening the door closest to you.
 
Rohee raised her eyebrows. Each door at both sides faced each other at a meandering pattern; at her right, the door seemed very close. It had the numbers, '#150315'
 
When she opened it, she saw the same scene earlier. The same woman, who had been curling up at the concrete, talking with the man with the green jacket.
 
Both of them looked uptight in the conversation, each not willing to lose. Not long after, she crumpled down on the floor, looking with disbelief. She looked hurt, and her expression struck something in Rohee's heart.
 
The young girl slowly walked up to her, trying to touch her face, but her hand went through. And so, Rohee ran away. She panted heavily as realization dawned on her. She's trapped.
 
Silly, you can't touch her.
 
"Why can't I?" Rohee said, clenching both of her fists. No less than a few hours ago, she realized she's tricked, and now she is there, again, because she's tricked.
 
You're in her. Let the light out.
 
"How is that supposed to he—"
 
Let. It. Out.
 
The voice sounded impatient, nearly incensed, and she let her grip on the light off. Immediately, like a firefly, it flew back to the room.
 
It turned black, and that darkness spread through the whole room, the door, and the whole tunnel; her surroundings went dark and void. She knew she still stood straight, but there's nothingness.
 
Just emptiness.
 
"You're not Hani. Who are you, and why do you do this to her?"
 
She was surprised to be able to hear someone else's voice, but hesitated to hear who addressed her that. No one could be seen, but she knew it was a very different person. "Hani" was most likely the woman that she'd seen just now.
 
Without further thought, she shouted, "I'm..."
 
"Tell us!" the voice shouted.
 
"I'm Kim Rohee! Help me!"
 
Then, silence overtook her voice. Rohee slumped down, struggling to swallow the lump on . Never had she felt more helpless than being trapped somewhere unknown.
 
But not too long after, she saw a flicker of white light. She raised her head up, and that small, white light appeared, getting closer and closer to her. Out of curiosity, Rohee walked, approaching it.
 
When it got very close, Rohee could make out some of the features of the bearer. She was a bit taller than her, had long hair, and her face was mostly covered by a black hoodie.
 
"Who are you?" Rohee asked, hesitant.
 
"I'm Kang Hani." the figure said, taking off her hoodie. 
notes: the timeline in the last portion is a bit different with the rest.  i know the change of events can get a bit confusing, so do read.
this focused on a rather obscure character, so much of the attention is shafted for her and... someone? hm.