[ 09: BLACKLIST ]

[ CA-23 ]
[15.03.2015]
There was no response from anyone until Jisung said, "What do we do now?"
 
Wooyoung looked around the others with careful eye. He knew that the rest looked like they lost some of their colors... and they're not even halfway there yet.
 
"It's very recent, so there are some other possibilities on what happened to it. They could've dropped it by accident. For now, at least we know more about their dynamic." Hyosung said.
 
The rest didn't change their expressions. The camera being broken should made anyone worried, but Jookyung had better thoughts.
 
"Well, actually, we might have some things too." 
 
"Some things what?" Hani said. Her voice sounded exasperated.
 
"Well, Iseul, on her way on investigating Rohee's laptop, found some pictures of a woman."
 
"Anyone can have a picture of a woman." Sejoon said. Jookyung shot an annoyed look at him.
 
"Either way, Iseul." Iseul hurriedly rummaged through her laptop, and gave them a lot of screenshots of one striking woman; one that made even Wooyoung bewildered.
 
"When you interviewed anyone, did you hear about anyone else?" Jookyung said.
 
"I think Jung Woohee might have dropped a name, but not very kindly. Was she the one who kind of ripped them apart?"
 
"I don't know, but I think she's also the one we saw at the hotel this evening." Hyosung noticed Jookyung's contact, and cleared .
 
"She's with Kim Rohee for a while and made contact with another suspect. So are the conversations we've heard had been pretty close to what we went searching for." Hyosung said, getting quiet.
 
"I think we got a really good evidence."
 
"That's actually quite good. Can we get them to the police though?" Sejoon said.
 
"We could put him there for Jinwook's case, but not so much for Kim Rohee's disappearance. Yoo Eunchang is still off-limits." Hyosung said. She shook her head.
 
"Well, we could get her before then." 
 
"We don't really know her name either." Hyosung said.
 
"Wait, if I remembered... its Han, Seulhee. Right, Hyerin?" Sejoon's expression brightened when he turned to Hyerin. The younger absent-mindedly nodded.
 
"If so," Wooyoung said, "better we send some of us to spy them too."
 
"Do it your way, Wooyoung. The others, it's getting late, you should rest," Hyosung said.
 
"Also, there's still more things for you and Hyerin." Sejoon reluctantly avoided Hyerin's stare.
 
"What about it?" Sejoon said.
 
"You'll have more interviews that we'll discuss privately now. Otherwise, the rest may go back to take a rest before tomorrow."
 
                                                                        ♦
 
Jookyung didn't feel much of Hyosung's words, but when he was walking along the corridor, something powerful shoved him against the wall. When he looked up, he saw a pair of eyes glaring back at him.
 
The same pair that passed him by this afternoon.
 
"What did you do?" He eyed that response. He felt his back hurt, but it surpassed none of the annoyance.
 
"Knowing your way around should've not make you try to kill your teammate. Get off me, Miss Kang."  He tried to pull away the palms pining against his neck, but the back pain made it worse.
 
"You don't even have to call me Miss Kang either. Sorry about that." Hani pulled away and let Jookyung breathe.
 
"Would be better if you had been more gentle, but either way, I don't understand what you think." Jookyung paused a little, the back pain still radiating through.
 
"You knew about the woman not just on your own, right?" Hani said.
 
"Hyosung and Iseul are very helpful about it." Jookyung raised his eyebrows, but Hani didn't let her expression off.
 
"You didn't come up with that kind of assumption just by looking at it."
 
"Well, I kind of remembered how she looked like when we were looking."
 
"None of that makes sense!" Hani yelled. Something inside of him felt a little more heated.
 
"Well neither do you, Kang Hani! Why are you so angry?" Jookyung talked back, his expression darkening. His pain had gotten so much worse, and he needed to go back.
 
"Did you know this from Do Hyerin?" she asked.
 
"Kid like her knows nothing." Jookyung hissed, turning back.
 
"You believed her," Hani said. "you don't have to lie."
 
Jookyung stopped on his tracks. Trying his best to ignore the pain, "Why would you feel that way?"
 
Not an answer. Hani sat down at the floor, and so did Jookyung. She looked upon the dark sky, and the man could see that several emotions started piling up on her.
 
"Earlier today, when Yerim ran away, I went to her. I didn't know how Hyerin followed, but something is different with her eyes," Hani said.
 
"Usually, it looked cold, but suddenly, it just looked like she'd been seeing something to come by." 
 
"What makes you feel that way?" Jookyung's voice softened. He didn't look a little bit surprised.
 
"The most pragmatic people usually felt indifference, so Do Hyerin must have felt something special to even go. There was that moment when she looked like she... knows."
 
Jookyung didn't answer her. He gently shifted towards her, "Hyerin's a bit of a mystery. How did you ended up with me?"
 
"You talked with her for a long while, and I did hear about her remembering."
 
"Miss Kang the Know-it-All," Jookyung replied, a bit snarky, but his eyes remained kind.
 
"Hyerin remembers a lot of things better than most of us, really. She started feeling about what I've said about the woman and helped me to figure it out myself," Jookyung said.
 
"She's still our teammate, don't underestimate her either." But at that, Hani cynically laughed. It sounded bitter and felt heavy.
 
"It's easy because you're a human. Ens are pretty much down the food chain for those who hate us."
 
"You really can't change that, but you're not going to see her for long either." Jookyung shrugged.
 
"You're not helping." she scoffed. WOOYOUNG
 
"I wasn't supposed to help you either. I need to go now." Jookyung said, standing up. He walked up, leaving the younger behind.
 
Hani sat for a while. Their days passed by without her having to think of the same person who probably had the same amount of experience to the field as she would be, but it made her blood boil.
 
Jookyung and Hyosung had good senses of judgement. Many juniors had worked better than Hyerin would ever wished to be, and probably had much better attitude than her, but an En actually agreed to let her join.
 
Even someone actually agreed for the worst like her to join.
 
Something in her felt like dark, and now her senses seemed numb. 
 
 
"So, what should we be doing now?" Sejoon sat down at the couch.
 
"The police would try to call Kim Rowoon about his daughter, so it woul be good if Sejoon could do it, or Hyerin helped out." Hyosung said.
 
"That's only one person." 
 
"Well, I want you to interview Gyeon Kinam's family too. Tomorrow."
 
"What should I ask from them?" Sejoon said, his eyes flickering with interest.
 
"The feeling of Kim Rohee from them, about him in their family's eyes and things related to them."
 
"We can't just bring them to the police, can't we?" Sejoon said.
 
Hyosung paused for a while. "We did, but they didn't cooperate very well. Try to hide yourself as anything relating to the academy or the police."
 
"Seems simple." Sejoon said. Hyerin turned to him with a deeper frown.
 
"But they went to live on a poverty-ridden area, and some of our agents have scuffled with multiple criminals down there."
 
"You just can't let us off like that, yeah?" Sejoon asked, sighing. 
 
"Other members would accompany you." 
 
"I mean," Sejoon paused, looking at Wooyoung's intense stare. "never mind."
 
 
She sighed again, lollipop in . The men have left, and now only Hyosung and her were left in the living room. The little runt had went to the kitchen and she hadn't seen her, and she's very glad of that.
 
Still on the screen, she briefly caught  sight of Hysoung's figure in front of her. Nothing on that.
 
"Iseul? Are you tired yet?" she knew well that the voice came from the oldest woman, but when she turned, the same woman didn't move . The figure was so still, but she looked physically just like her.
 
Something on that, really.
 
Iseul's heart started beating faster. She probably hadn't slept in the past few days, but something about her looked so different, she's not sure what it was. She's genuinely hoping she's somewhat asleep.
 
"Iseul? Oh sorry—" Another figure suddenly ran up to the dining table, and now the other disappeared, leaving a paler, worried woman.
 
Iseul nearly dropped her lollipop.
 
"It was... an accident. My power can get a little too much sometimes, and just started out on its own. Forgive me." Hyosung said.
 
Iseul slowly nodded, but she doesn't change her blank expression. Hyosung didn't want her power to suddenly go out, but she's very glad that it didn't pop on anyone else (especially the youngest). Her mind then popped up to the cakes that Jisung had brought.
 
"Do you want any desserts?" After hearing her, Iseul's face brightened up. She nodded happily, seemingly forgetting about the freak accident. 
 
Hyosung got up to retrieve the food, but once she got it, she noticed another figure that slumped on the floor, burying her face. The green-eyed female doubted anyone would be here other than the members, but she's had her doubts.
 
She gently crouched down to face the figure, but before she could move her hand, she saw the eyes. There's still the dull grey, but wide open, and shaky. Hyosung never expected such a sight from it.
 
"Hyerin?"
 
 
Alive. 

Her breath hitched when she opened her eyes wide. A memory of the sky got replaced by the shutting view of titanium white ceiling, walls fading with the same color. Frosting cold seeped everywhere around her back, forcing all of her senses awake from the bitter sensation. She tried to get up, but in the middle of the confusion, she saw both of her hands are chained, deep angry red marks scathing all over the arms. 

Her stomach dropped. She hurriedly got up and saw her clothes are replaced with white long hospital gown. Her teeth clenched, eyes widening—what just happened? Last thing she knew she was outside, and now, all she saw was herself, and...

Someone's coming.
 
She weakly turned away, feeling her head spinning. She could barely move after the sudden jolt, and she felt like she could barely keep herself up.
 
Her body became light, and before she lost her own vision, she saw two figures approaching her. One that she would never not know.
 
She could physically feel the darkness around her.
notes: i don't usually want to talk about it and this might sound really offensive, but i do want more people to comment. i know it's my fault that i rarely updated anymore and the story has been around for almost three years, but i really appreciate it if you guys do so, even if  i don't always reply. this story is for you as much it's for me, and i want to know what you thought about this.
question, what kind of thing would your character do if johak didn't existed at all?