Mr. Ryu Arrives and The Silent Twin Finally Speaks

The Missing Love That He Has To Find

   "Minji?... Minji-ssi", Onew called trying to wake Minji up.

   "Mmm", Minji responded as her eyes slowly opened.

   "We're here", he told her and Minji opened her eyes more to look at the place. Yep. It's the right place. The right place that has a similarity to hell.

   Inside, she grunted, but thankfully she smiled and nodded as she asked Onew to put her down.

   Onew obediently listened and gently obliged. He placed Minji down to the ground and held her arm for a while in cases of need for support. She just woke up so she's still drowsy in some ways.

   "Thanks", she smiled at him and Onew froze at the moment seeing the similarity of Minji's smiles with the smiles of the Minji he knows.

   He flashed her a smile and let go of her arm."No problem", he told her and Minji nodded.

   "You're really a kind person, Jinki-ssi. Thank you very much". With a bow she waved goodbye to him.

   Onew waved back as well and watched her enter the mansion till she was no longer in sight. As she's finally gone, he sighed. He held his chest. The feeling's coming back to him right now. The feelings that he has for Minji.

   "See you again some time", he thought out to her before finally leaving.

   But now's not the time to smile as Minji's actually in trouble. Mrs. Ryu had actually arrived early that day and she's expected Minji to arrive early with her lunch ready and served.

   "Where were you?!", she asked out to her."You should've been here an hour ago!".

   "Yeah, she's supposed to", Kyungmi smirked coming down the stairs."So... Minji, tell me about this guy you're with".

   "Guy?", Mrs. Ryu asked.

   "Yes, mother", Kyungmi nodded,"I was by the window just a while ago and I saw her being carried by this guy".

   "Oh~", Mrs. Ryu laughed,"Boyfriend, Minji?".

   "N-no!", Minji answered.

   "I know!", she laughed louder,"I was just kidding. Why would she have a boyfriend?! Look at her. She's average, a nerdy.... ugly! Unlike my dear Kyungmi here. She's a beauty. A very beautiful young lady".

   ".....".

   "Now cook my lunch, girl!", she suddenly yelled and this made Minji flinch."I'm too tired to yell right now, so I'll just let this slide. But remember this. Work comes FIRST. My daughter should only be the one to attract boys. You'll only repel them because you're one ugly nerd".

   With that, Madam left Minji hurt by her words. 

   "Yeah, she's right... I'm one ugly and stinkin' nerd", she mumbled to herself.

   Unexpectedly, she forgot about Kyungmi who stood by her right. Kyungmi  was in the situation of jealousy right now. She really felt jealous that Minji was able to spend her time with this attractive boy.

   "Hey, you", she called.

   "Yes?", Minji replied.

   "Who's the guy?".

   "Who?".

   Kyungmi rolled her eyes."Oh don't act stupid, dummy. I know you were with someone".

   "L-Lee Jinki, Master. His name is Lee Jinki".

   Kyungmi smiled at the name. The name suits him well, but Minji really got into her nerves that she wanted to hurt her even just  this little bit.

   "Goood", she chuckled, patting Minji's hair.

   "Ouch!", Minji yelped when she pulled on it."K-Kyungmi---".

   "Oops", she chuckled,"So sorry about that. Your hair's just so smooth that I admire it too much".

   "A-Agh!".

   "So pretty", Kyungmi evily laughed. She continued on yanking Minji's hair as Minji tries to hold on.

   Infortunately, she couldn't take it anymore that she involuntarily hit Kyungmi right at her arms.

   "OW!", Kyungmi let out loud,"You !". As a counter attack, Kyungmi slapped Minji right at the cheeks.

   "How dare you hit m---".

   "I'm home~", Mr. Ryu suddenly cooed as he enters the house.

   "D-DAD!", Kyungmi let out startled,"You're here!".

   "Yes, I am", he replied then his eyes met Minji's puffy ones."What's going on? Minji-ah are you alright?".

   "Nothing happened!", Kyungmi nervously laughed, but Mr. Ryu didn't buy it. He looked at Minji in worry.

   "You look exhausted. Go to your room. You need some rest", he ordered.

   "But I have to cook lunch--".

   Kyungmi covered and laughed."Hahaha. She means that---".

   "Minji, go back to your room and rest", he ordered and so Minji bowed before returning to her room.

   

Minji's Pov:

   Aaah~ Peace. Mr. Ryu finally arrives and I am saved from punishments right now.

   Seriously! I'm getting weaker everyday and I don't think I can go on. I lack sleep. I lack food. I lack a lot of things. It's just too much.

   Thankfully, I have the time to rest. I'm happy about that. No homeworks for tomorrow so I can sleep aaaall night.

   *knock knock*

   "Uhmm, Minji-ah?", someone called from the door and I shot up from my sleep.

   "Oh! Master, Hyoyoung! Please come in", I told her and she entered.

   "How may I help you? Am I needed down stairs? Laundry? Dinner?".

   "Aniyo", she shook her head before leaving the room again to come back with a tray of food."Here's your dinner. Mom didn't want you to join us to dinner because she hates you a lot. I asked the maids to save you some steak and vegetables. I was able to notice that you're losing weight so, here you go. You have to regain your nutrients".

   Her actions actually startled me and I stayed frozen. She's the silent twin and she never talked to me. I thought she hated me, but--

   "I know, I know", she rolled her eyes before placing the tray on my study desk."You think I'm one of them. Don't worry. I'm not. I just have too much pride that I waited till Hwayoung's asleep".

   "O-oh...", I responded.

   "I'm sorry about my mom and my sisters. They're really stuck with vanity. Hateful...".

   I gave her a small smile."It's all okay".

   ....

   "So how's your mother?", she asked.

   "I don't know", I sighed,"I haven't visited her for over 2 weeks now. I was too busy".

   "So sorry", she apologized again.

   "Please don't".

   "Yes, I should. My family's been the thing holding you back on seeing your mother".

   "It's okay really and let's not talk about this for now".

   "Okay", she mumbled and a long silence came. I stared at nothing in particular. That is until she placed a small box in front of me.

   "Take it. It's a gift. I've been wanting to give this to you since your birthday last month, but I couldn't since you know why".

   I stared at the box for a short while and took it in my hands."What is it?".

   "Open it", she smiled and so I did. I fell speechless at the sight of a touch screen phone inside."Wh-What---".

   "A new phone", she interrupted,"Use it well".

   ...

   "Oh, and keep it away from Kyungmi. She might break it".

   I smiled brightly and gave her a hug."Thank you so much".

   "You're very welcome", she smiled before breaking the hug to stand up."I better go now. Hwayoung might be looking for me. Oh! And once you finish eating, go to dad's office. He's waiting for you".

   "Yes. Master", I bowed.

   "Just call me Hyoyoung when my mother or my sisters aren't present", she said and finally, she left me to eat.

 

___________________________________________________

So far, that's all, but I'll be giving part 2 tomorrow

Hope you like the chapter even though it's kind of short

Comment and subscribe

Thank you