Devious Masters

The Missing Love That He Has To Find

*M-Minji-ah...", he thought.

The girl... she looked a lot like her. Even behind those thick framed glasses, he could clearly see it. He was deeply confused about it. Is this her or not?

His thoughts were later broken when the girl looks inside the three paper bags she held."Oh no!", she gasped.

"Why? What is it?", Onew asked.

"They're going to kill me", she let out,"Their lunch are ruined!".

Onew gently took the paper bags away from her and took a look inside. The food was mixed up inside. A total mess. He looks up at the girl to see her teary eyes filled with worry. She was freaking out in the inside.

"No choice. I'll buy them a new one then", she sighed taking the bags back to throw them to the trash bin. She turned to the 5 boys and bowed before running back to the cafe beside them.

Shinee looked at each other not knowing what to do. 

"You guys, stay here. I'll check on her", Onew said. The younger boys nodded and  he steps into the youCafe. He searches for her and he finds her by the cashiers counter talking to a girl maybe 4-5 years older than her.

"Oh, Minji-ah! Why are you buying the same thing again? Didn't you just buy the same thing a while ago?", the older girl asked.

Minji started to play with the end of her jacket."Ugh, yeah, but I accidentally dropped it so everything's a mess inside", she answered.

"Aigoo. Clumsy as always, eh? What are you going to do now? You used your master's money, right?".

"Mm. I did. I guess I'll have to use my money instead. It's my fault for not being careful with their lunch", she sadly smiled as the cashier returned to her a frown.

"But, you're in your first year of college, right? What about the money that you earned hard for it? I also heard that your university is closing down for renovation. That means transferring schools, right? Do you even have any idea how expensive that is?".

Minji still showed a smile. A tired smile by what I mean. She held out her hand and patted her Unni's shoulder."Don't worry, unni. I will survive. It doesn't matter anyway. I'm still going to have a job even though I don't go to college".

The cashier's nose scrunched up."What? A personal maid 24/7? You're kidding me, right? I can't believe you can even survive that! If I were you, I'd rather die as a homeless person instead of dying as their personal worker".

"Unni, please don't bad mouth them. I'm doing this because Umma's sick. My masters are paying for her treatments. I can't leave her hanging just like that", she said,"Can we stop talking about it right now? I can't be late for school".

"Fine, fine", her unni grunted.

"How much is it again?".

"50,000 won. Sorry, but it's really a high class meal and also 3-coursed", she apologized.

Minji nodded."I know that, Unni. I was the one who picked the food, remember?".

As if she's okay! Onew from behind could clearly see her worry in her still so teary eyes. Minji searched her bag for her wallet and pulled out the money. Just before she could even give the money to her Unni, Onew had already paid for it.

"I'll pay for it", he said. Minji was taken back by his actions.

"A-Aniyo! You don't have to. I already have my own money", she told him.

"No, please. My friend wasn't really looking when he bumped into you. You've work hard for that money and you have to spend it because of something that wasn't your fault. I heard everything. Please, consider this as an apology", he said.

"O-okay", she nodded returning her wallet to her bag.

The cashier smiled and she started to get the food bagged again. A smile reached Minji's face. This was actually the first time that someone else was kind enough to help her besides her Umma or Unni.

"Here you go". The cashier slid the bags to her and she carefully took it. She looked behind him and approached Onew. She was now going to thank him, but 3 girls entered the cafe. Well... try making that entering without respect.

"YAH, LEE MINJI! What is taking you so long?!", one of them yelled.

Minji gasped and turned to them in fear."O-oh! Kyung mi, Hwayoung, Hyoyoung!", she let out.

The tallest of the girls crossed her arms."Where were you? Do you know how long we've been waiting? Do you even know what time it is?!", she asked out.

"U-ugh...".

Kyung Mi held her hand out at her."Don't answer", she said."Come here", she gestured.

Slowly, Minji approached them. Once in a reachable distance, the paper bags were yanked away by Kyung Mi and she gave the two to the twins. Minji watched the three as they scanned their ordered lunch.

Done scanning, but out of nowhere, Kyung Mi grabbed her closer by the hair.

"A-agh! K-kyung Mi... It hurts. L-let go--", Minji yelped.

"I TOLD YOU to buy me Strawberry Mousse Cake, NOT Chocolate Mousse Cake!", she yelled.

Minji's eyes widened."W-what?! K-Kyung Mi--".

Kyung Mi tightened her grip on Minji's hair."DON'T call me that name. Call me RESPECTFULLY!". 

"OW! M-miss Kyung Mi... There must be a mistake! You told me to buy you Chocolate and not S-Strawberry--AGH!".

"What is this, hm? WHAT IS THIS?! Are you saying that I am mistaken? Huh?! Are you saying that I'm not perfect AT ALL. Huh? HUH?!", she asked angrily.

Tears were collecting in Minji's eyes. She swore that she heard Kyung Mi order Chocolate."I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry! You're not wrong. You're never wrong. I was the one who did the mistake .Please let me go. It hurts", she pleaded.

Kyung Mi raised a brow and gave out a 'Hmpf'. She pushed Minji away. She pushed her too hard she fell to the tiled coffee-brown floor. Kyung Mi smirked,"You're very lucky, Minji". If we weren't in a place filled with people, I would've done something else by then", she whispered to the other.

She stood up straight and stared right down at the girl on the floor."As a punishment, you will walk to school and back home for the whole week. No bikes and no other vehicles must be used. All you do is WALK. Weeell, let me be kind enough. You can only use a vehicle, 2 times this week, arasso?", she asked. Her smiled returned."Bye, Minji", she waved before stepping out of the place with the twins.

Once out of sight, everyone started chattering.

"Omo, what a ".

"Poor girl. I can't believe their doing this to her".

"I want to kick that Kyung Mi".

"Aish. Isn't she too much?".

The employees immediately ran to Minji kneeling in front of her as they try to put her in comfort."My Gawd, Minji? Are you alright?", the cashier asked.

Minji nodded with tears."M-Mm".

Onew also came closer seconds later to help her up as the other employees picked up her scattered things with the cashier fixing her hair.

"Gwaenchana?", he asked.

Minji silently nodded and she let out a breath."I'm fine....".

"Yah, Minji-ah. Don't take what happened to heart, okay?", the Cashier asked.

"Yeah....", she nodded again.

The cashier pouted."Geez! What's up with her?! I can't believe you can actually live in the same house with her and her sisters. Not to mention, their mother. For how long did you say?".

"4 years", Minji answered.

"Dang, girl!, she let out and Minji looked away.

"Unni, you don't have to worry. I'm alright. I'm already used to it".

Her Unni scoffed."Used to it? Used to it?! Yah. I could clearly see you on the verge of tears during the time she yanked your hair".

Minji sighed."Unni, go and continue your work. Manager Hwang might yell at you".

"Alright, alright.  You're walking to school, right? Be careful out there. Some s might take advantage of you", she said.

Minji laughed in sarcasm."Oh, come on, Unni. Why would anyone want me? I'm a nerdy, remember?".

"Op! Correction. You're a cute nerdy".

"And that makes it the same", Minji said,"Get back to work. I have to go to the university. My professors are going to scold me". She took her bags from one of the employees and looked back at her Unni."Annyeong", she waved.

Her unni waved back."Annyeong~".

Minji turned to Onew and bowed."Thanks for helping me. I'll be sure to pay you back someday", she said.

"You don't have to. It's okay", Onew smiled.

Minji smiled and bowed once more and went out of the place to be greeted by Shinee. Jonghyun didn't even care to apologize and was busy playing a game in on his phone. Not too long later when Onew went out.

"Miss Minji, wait!", he called out. Minji stopped and turned to him.

"Yes?".

"Let me call my driver. He'll take you to your university so you wouldn't be late". Minji shook her head.

"No, thanks. I'm fine with walking", she said. Just when she was already 8-9 steps away, someone gently grabbed her shoulder making her look at them.

"Please", Jonghyun said,"It's my fault you're in this situation. Please accept our help for now. Consider it as an apology"

Minji tilted her head."You know, the way you speak actually seems like you were forced to say those words", she chuckled.

Jonghyun gritted his teeth."I'm sorry, okay! I was forced by Kibum here", he pointed making Key scoff.

"Excuse me but everyone calls me Key, BLING BLING!", he emphasized.

"Don't call me that! Aish. I hate what my fans call me at that very university. Why do all of you have to have a better Kingka name?".

"Not our fault. They based it on your sayings and lifestyle. Though, I never bother to check on the reason why".

"Guy, focus!", Onew interrupted,"Enough with the talk on your Kingka names. What's important now is MIss Minji here".

The two stopped and bowed."Sorry... Please accept our help for now", they told her.

Minji smiled and bowed."I suppose it would be rude not to accept it. Alright, I accept", she said.

Onew pulled his phone out to call his driver and in a while, he arrives. Minho opened the door for her and she bowed again before finally entering vehicle.

From inside, she waved at the boys and mouthed a thank you. The boys waved back and finally, she was taken to her school.

 

__________________________________________________

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE